nuDynasty Spoilers Could Adam be coming?

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by Soapwriter12, Jan 25, 2018.

1. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +113
    I don't care who they bring in as long as that guy is a decent actor. There's nothing worse than an actor with an overemphasis on attractiveness with mediocre acting skills. Unfortunately that seems to be more or less the norm in soaps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,189
    I can't recall exactly. Did Blake say that Adam was born about six months after he and Alexis married, or was he kidnapped about six months after he was born? I'm thinking it was the latter, and that nothing was said about how long B&A had been married when Adam was born. Granted, the former would mean B&A were a shotgun wedding...:eek:

I don't think Blake would have been as insanely control-freaky in this kidnapping plot if he had somehow engineered Adam's kidnapping. In fact, he probably would not have brought it up to Cristal in order to keep it in the past and unexamined.

My guess is that they won't focus on it again until Alexis arrives. Long-divorced couples seem to have a knack for bringing up long-forgotten conflicts to rehash them as if they happened yesterday.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  3. RottenSkipper17

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +113
    My understanding is that Adam was kidnapped when he was six months old. I don't recall him mentioning anything about any length of time regarding his and Alexis' wedding. I seriously doubt it was a shotgun wedding or else Blake might have made a special point to mention it.

I feel like sometimes the dialogue can be so clunky that it can be hard to follow what is going on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +253
    I hope they don't introduce Adam too soon, we're still getting to know the current characters plus Alexis will be here soon. I hope this was more a case of Blake explaining to Cristal why he handled Fallon's kidnapping the way he did and the writers taking advantage of an upcoming plot-point in the process. Sure, Blake could have told Cristal about Adam when she told him about losing a child but I know he plays his cards close to the vest. Does this make him a bit of a hypocrite for calling out Cristal for keeping secrets while he's guilty of the same thing? Of course, it does but that's part of his makeup. Original "Dynasty" mentioned Adam in season two but didn't introduce him until season three.

In another thread I mentioned my doubts of there being an Adam in the reboot. One of my reasons is Nicolexis stayed with Blake several years longer than Joalexis - roughly twice as long. I know that losing a child is something from which you never recover but I think it was a fresher wound the first time around.

• Like Like x 2
  5. RottenSkipper17

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +113
    Honestly I would prefer that they introduce Adam as soon as possible, hopefully within the next couple of episodes. Especially since there's a very good chance that we might not even get a second season. I actually thought that in the next episode we might start getting hints of Adam showing up or Adam showing up under a different name, (which is a typical soap trope), but now with the Daniels showing up, it might not be the case. Unless for some reason they might have something to do with Adam's kidnapping.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rove

Rove Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,593
    I see your point but I'm assuming the producers hire drop dead gorgeous men and women to sell the product. There are tweeny magazines to sell. Does anyone still buy magazines? It could also explain why many soaps (daytime) have disappeared off the radar. Characters have become far too removed from our own day to day lives. None of them appear to work yet the money keeps flowing in. Not a hair is out of place, the makeup flawless. No snots (kids) hanging off mum or dad asking, "I want this!" The guys live at the gym but never break a sweat. And all they do is talk and talk and talk. What has happened to real men? I'm thinking Jock Ewing and Blake Carrington.

• Like Like x 1
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  7. RottenSkipper17

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +113
    @Rove I think people still read magazines to some extent but not much. If they want to find out what's going on behind the scenes, they check the social media pages of their favorite actors or they read up on online articles or forums that reveal spoilers or recaps.

I think the soap showrunners have developed a bad habit of hiring actors based on physical attractiveness rather than actual talent.

It didn't used to be that way but I feel like lately within the last 5 years or so since I've first started getting into soaps that it's gotten a lot worse. More often than not the people with the most talent, (or at least those that actually have any real talent), have been pushed aside in favor of those with the least amount of talent all because the producers/showrunners are trying to push a certain agenda. And it really, really sucks.

Also when the writers aren't struggling to write heroes properly, they usually portray villains as irredeemable monsters or ridiculous caricatures. As for the heroes, they are usually portrayed as arrogant pricks or bumbling baffoons that are occasionally misogynistic and condescending.

To make my long and winding post short, nobody knows how to write good characters anymore, at least in soaps.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rove

Rove Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,593
    I agree. Villains also require to have grey areas in their personality. People are not born evil, something, somewhere has happened along the way to make them act out with sometimes disastrous results...but that's what makes a good villain...that's what makes a good soap. The genre of soaps is something I stopped watching years ago. I believe the last one I use to enjoy was Eastenders but I got bored especially as the story became focused on the Mitchell family. But that's just me.

9. RottenSkipper17

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +113
    @Rove That may be true for a lot of people but for other people, some people are just born bad. A lot of T.V. viewers seem to not want to accept these types of characters because nowadays they often want to root for villains about as much as they do for heroes. On the other hand, sociopathic/psychopathic characters tend to be written as anti-heroes that people can swoon over and admire, like Dexter for instance. It depends on which character should be the big bad and which one should be more grey in certain aspects of their personality.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,462
    Of course they are, well the bad ones anyway. It's just that all babies look innocent because they're not capable of doing bad things.
    Many villains are driven by greed, revenge, plain hatred or feelings of superiority, there's nothing victim-y or "flawed" about these characters.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,156
    Plot twist: what if Alexis found Adam after the divorce and her exile in Europe and purposefully kept him from Blake since he had both Fallon and Steven anyway?

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. AZLiam

AZLiam Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +51
    I noticed that the show hired Adam Huber as "Liam Ridley". It looks like he shows up for episodes 15-19 (so far). Any possibility that Liam is Adam C. a la Michael Torrence?

13. RottenSkipper17

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +113
    Well, I would figure that he might be a private investigator or a lawyer hired by Fallon to keep tabs on Jeff or perhaps help her set up a pre-nuptial agreement that would largely benefit her.

14. Toni

Toni Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,279
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    I was feeling curious about this casting and found out that he just cannot be NuAdam: he has no chest hair*. Also funny how easily CW take models for *cough cough*... "actors" (he has uploaded a dumb "casting video" on YouTube...FYI...I wonder if Kevin Spacey was filming him with his cell...).:innocent:

Anyway, his character Liam is defined as Fallon´s "faux husband" in the synopsis from one of his episodes on Wikia.com:
    http://dynastytv.wikia.com/wiki/Poor_Little_Rich_Girl

*The proof:

upload_2018-3-8_20-3-53.jpeg

15. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,374
    Much as I respect you @Toni, I think this is a case of anti-hunk bias pure and simple on your part. The man clearly has hidden talent--we just can't see it because of the darn photographer. And he may even be making up in other hairy areas what he lacks in the chest one...

Edited to add further evidence in support of models with special acting needs:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  16. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +367
    Having Adam around would utterly contradict everything this Dynasty has historically established RE: Alexis, et al. There was no believable way that NO ONE in the original show wouldn't know Adam existed, though. That would have been worldwide news if Blake was as important as he was supposed to have been.