1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cristal4.0

Discussion in 'CW Dynasty' started by thomaswak, Nov 17, 2019.

1. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Fan EXP: 2 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +726
    The third Cristal looks like the sister of the first Cristal. :confused:

2. nostalgicstudent

nostalgicstudent Soap Chat Member EXP: 10 Months

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +38
    The fact that they threw away that character and all her background is mindboggling, now we just have a generic replacement that quite litteraly adds nothing to the show other than an unpleasant resting face.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +4,700
    I find it hilarious the producers are so absolute about the character of Cristal she wasn't replaced just once, not twice..but a third time. Plus, they expect the audience to go along with it without question. And if that diabolical decision wasn't enough to have those die hard fans scratching their heads the most iconic character of all...Alexis...is due for a makeover. Little wonder most viewers are laughing at this reboot and not with it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Well-Known Member EXP: 11 Months

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +977
    Unfortunately guys, you are right.

The power that be who decided to fire Nathalie Kelley and kill her character should never touch/influence creative teams again. That person should even go public to apologize for Moldavia - sorry - for killing Cristal 1.0 :D

This decision was a disaster. And the endless recasts killed the little credibility this Dynasty had. And it had not much.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. nostalgicstudent

nostalgicstudent Soap Chat Member EXP: 10 Months

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Indeed, the least we are owed is a public apology or at least their acknowledgement of how horrible Cristal is and acknowledge Celia in the show a bit more :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle EXP: 19 Years

Threads:
    INFJ
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +9,211
    They should finally make Esther Shapiro give it.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. thomaswak

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +977
    And when she does, Nu Dynasty ratings will rise.

8. Dallas Fanatic

Dallas Fanatic Soap Chat Member EXP: 1 Month

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +20
    It is about the chemistry. First and foremost, Grant Show is incredibly miscast. And Elizabeth Giles is the best of the bunch (even better than Pamela Sue Martin and Emma Samms). I wish she would sing more (she is a musical theater actress). It is fine to switch up the characters from the original. For example, I love the new Dominque, the new Sam, and the fact that the Colbys are African American. But the core characters of Blake, Krystal and Alexis need to be reminiscent of the actors from the original series, as their relationships drive the rest of the characters and their motivations. Don Johnson (who was amazing in Knives Out and looks incredible) or someone like Tony Goldwyn would have been a great Blake. Heather Locklear would have been a great Alexis (although Nicolette Sheridan was really good; I was hoping she would come back, as I heard she left because her mother was ill or something). Stephanie Block (from Broadway) would have been a great Krystal.

All of this surprises me, because the Shapiros are supposedly involved with this iteration. I suspect they have very little say and are there just to remind the new producers/writers of some continuity from the original series. If they have more power than that, then I don't know what they have been thinking regarding the writing or the casting.

9. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +936
    Grant Show is miscast. However, 99.9 percent of the cast is/was.

10. Mason Carrington

Mason Carrington Soap Chat Member EXP: 1 Year

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +36
    But, this depends on whether you believe he should be “nice guy Blake” like John Forsythe. They originally wanted Blake to be corrupt and horrible, but Forsythe didn’t want that. That’s part of why they brought Collins in as evil Alexis. But I think Grant Show is quite happy to play the bad guy. And I’m quite comfortable with his portrayal.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. thomaswak

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +977
    Good casting choice : Fallon, Sam, Liam, Anders, Dominique and Adam.
    And I'm starting to like Jeff now.

Bad casting choice : Blake & Cristal

I don't care much because of the writing : Kirby and Monica

I like Elaine Hendrix as Alexis, and the writing is better. But still not OG Alexis... I hope she will be meaner and more powerful. Og Alexis was the Shading Queen. Her comments about her ennemies (or people she simply didn't like) were always vicious and spot on. Vicious because they had a bit of truth. Or because she could say the worst lies ever and make them sound real, most of the time, with that grin.

Elaine Hendrix Alexis needs that kind of lines

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  12. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,616
    I agree. Obviously, they're taking Blake more into the original direction Dynasty wanted to take him in addition that they solidified his background (he's a trust fund baby). As for Grant Show next to John Forsythe, I think both actually has a very classically handsome kind of look. I guess Grant's a good ten years younger than Forsythe was when Dynasty started though.

The issue with Cristal of course is that they can't decide what direction to take her in despite three actresses stepping into the role - the issue isn't the actresses, it's that they still seem confused what they want to do with her.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. thomaswak

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +977
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator EXP: 19 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,653
    This site you cite seems willing to cover all the bases in their "speculation". In one article they speculate she's pregnant, and in another they speculate she's a closeted lesbian. I guess if you throw out enough unsubstantiated stories, you'll get one right eventually. :re:

Still, let's speculate she's four months along (for a baby bump to be visible). She'd give birth in late June/early July, about the time the cast would re-assemble to begin filming season four. They could write around her absence for three or maybe four episodes (fall into a coma, hiding out in Mexico, something like that) for maternity leave and then return to the series. If they really, really need her character involved they could even film around her and then have her film her stuff to be inserted in the episodes once she returns. So if she and her partner planned a pregnancy to coincide with her hiatus, they did a pretty good job.

I love the idea of Cristal actually discovering she is pregnant again, going against the plot point that she may not be able to conceive after her accident. It might give her the shock needed to call off her hit on Alexis, even if it might not stop it from happening. But if this gossip site is correct, DA would be wearing padding to play Pregnant Cristal (PC3) because the timing is off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. thomaswak

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +977
    Actually, I was really Joking. I just saw the headline of this site on a Dynasty reddit section, I even did not take time to read the "article" lol
    I mean, the idea that the production would get rid of Daniela because of her supposed pregnancy reminded me this "Cristal 4.0" topic. SO I had to made my "joke"

And I agree with all the point you raised. Maybe this Cristal will have a Krystina. Oh, I meant a "Cristina" :D

16. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Enthusiast EXP: 14 Years

Threads:
    enjoying life
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,555
    I hope not. Unless the pregnancy ends on a dramatic staircase fall with loosing the baby yet again. And caused by Alexis again, of course. :D I don't want babies on this show, they are boring. :p

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  17. thomaswak

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +977
    Especially when there are already too many (adult) babies on the show : Blake, Fallon, Sam... :D