Dale Winton dies

Discussion in 'Celebrity Scuttlebutt' started by Barbara Fan, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,107
    Sad news, too young at 62
    RIP Dale x

TV presenter Dale Winton, who hosted Supermarket Sweep, has died at the age of 62, his agent has said.

He died at his home earlier on Wednesday, his long-term agent Jan Kennedy said in a statement.

"While we know many will share this terrible loss, we ask that you respect the family's privacy at this time of grief," she said.

He presented a wide range of shows, including Supermarket Sweep and Family Fortunes.

He started his career as a DJ in London and in 1986 joined BBC Bristol to present Pet Watch.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43818226

2. Clubsoda

Clubsoda Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +173
    How sad that's no age in this day.

He seemed a likable guy. Supermarket Sweep was always cheesy fun

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Champian

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,637
    Supermarket Sweep was a classic of 1990s television and In It To Win It was also another great TV quiz show. I didn't really watch anything else he was in but he always seemed to be a nice guy who genuinely loved his fans. It's very sad news.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,401
    I have to say I didn't ever give much thought to Dale Winton and didn't really think much of Supermarket Sweep. Maybe I was too young and I'm just not that into game shows like that. However today I had been reading an article about his death and it showed all the tweets that fellow celebrities had written upon hearing about his passing. I was genuinely touched. I mean everyone seemed to love him, and the words they all used were repeated over and over. Lovely, kind, sweet, generous, funny. And a lot of celebs commented on it. It's very sad that he seemed to battle depression and yet touched so many peoples lives. Very sad indeed. R.I.P.

5. James from London

James from London Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,319
    Apparently, he was named after Dale Robertson, aka Walter Lankershim from Dynasty, aka Frank Crutcher from Dallas.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. bmasters9

bmasters9 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +633
    I'll say it was-- I personally believe that Dale's British Sweep was far better than David Ruprecht's Sweep here in America!

7. J. R.'s Piece

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +996
    I used to watch his mother, Sheree Winton, in lots of things. She committed suicide

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 4)