Dallas 2028

Discussion in 'Dallas Writers Room' started by stevew, May 5, 2019.

1. stevew

stevew Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +651
    Medals:
    Dallas 2028:

This idea is based on CC’s approach (don’t shoot me, just a thought) of a story which is new (her own, in this case my own), not the original but loosely based on what was left of the original (though I’d have used the original Southfork layout and do with this idea), with original actors guest staring and a new, heavily Hispanic cast (see below). I think CC should have used John Ross and his 1/2 brother (Cally’s son, a character she could have created) instead of Christopher, along with Pamela Barnes for her story - so I use John Ross and Pamela. Elena could have been Teresa’s niece (which I assume in this story) and Harris a Wendell (which I create the Wendell family in this version). CC missed an opportunity to create her own story (which she obviously wanted to do) tied to the Ewing’s - especially if she had left Elena and John Ross be a couple - she’d have had her tie in to the Ewing’s. But she missed the opportunity and for the huge showing that was interested to start, they soon weren’t interested anymore. So if on it’s 40-50th anniversary they wanted to take up the story, I’ve tried to toss out lots of ideas. Here’s another one (time line for Dallas 2012 is considered to be prior to 2012 in this version):

The Ewing family:

[​IMG]
    Josh Henderson as
    “John Ross” Ewing III - 50, patriarch of the family. He owns 42% of Ewing Industries and 100% of Southfork. He’s a rancher and stay at home dad. He runs the family demanding adherence to tradition and family values and respect. He conducts very early morning meetings, with at least Pamela and Mateo, around which the family businesses revolve.

[​IMG]
    Julie Gonzalo as
    “Pamela Rebecca” Barnes Ewing - late forties, family matriarch. She owns with her husband 42% of Ewing Industries and is the Chairman and CEO of the private investment company, running its day to day operations. The company owns many businesses including Ewing Oil, a field services business like Halliburton. She serves on many of the boards of the company’s investments with a doctorate in law and accounting. She’s a strong woman, a working mother, known as one of the most powerful women in Dallas.

[​IMG]
    Diego Tinoco as
    “John” Ross Ewing IV - 27, oldest son (John Ross’s biological child with Elena Ramos, though Pamela is his mother). John has not been very good at school or ranching, but he’s charming, an aimless playboy, former college athlete, morally neutral. Everyone loves him when he’s sober but he’s different when drunk and on drugs, mean and arrogant and entitled. He jumps from job to job.

[​IMG]
    Olivia Holt as
    “Amy” Lee Anderson Ewing - 25, John’s wife. She’s the great granddaughter of Punk and Mavis Anderson and Jordan Lee, Texas blue blood. The Lees hate the Ewing’s. The Anderson love them. She’s on the board of the Anderson Family Foundation and the Jordan Lee Fund. She is involved in numerous charities including the DOA. She loves to cook and serve as a hostess from small dinner parties to grand fundraising balls. Everyone adores Amy. John has been clear since the day they meet, they will live and raise their children at Southfork - start with their marriage.

[​IMG]
    Bella Thorne as
    Eleanor “Ellie” Rebecca Ewing - 25, daughter. She went to Baldwin and Bryn Mawr with Amy. She’s ruthless and driven to control the family fortune, the most like her grandfather. She’s an Acquisitions Consultant with Ewing Industries, priding herself I’m not really having a job. She’s a jet setter, never sitting still with friends all over the world. She uses men for sex when she wants them, making it clear she hires “professionals.” Her goal: while her mother and father are worth a combine $10 billion, her ambition is to make them worth over a hundred billion with powerful connections to shadow government organization and keep them altogether on Southfork.

[​IMG]
    Jace Norman as
    “Steven” Clayton Ewing - 22, youngest son. He’s lost. The most charming member of the family; every one loves Steven. He wants to be a rancher or maybe work for Ewing Industries, flitting from job to job. He’s gay and an all around good person, who’s spent his life trying to fit into a straight and ruthless world.

Wendell’s:

[​IMG]
    Jamie Dornan as
    “Jeremy” Wendell, II - 40’s. He’s the grandson of Jeremy Wendell and his family hate’s the Ewing’s. He manages to take control of Trident in its merger with West Star as Chairman and CEO. Ewing Industries is the single largest investor in the new Trident company but they aren’t happy with Wendell running things. He’s also involved with Steven and contrary to everyone’s belief, as they are opposites in many ways, they are in love.

Also:

[​IMG]
    Kuno Becker as
    Mateo “M-Ra” Ramos - 50. Elena’s other brother, John Ross’s “go to man.” He represents the underworld half of the team with Pamela where she represents the legal world. Like Drew, he’s a former Navy Seal. He lives on the ranch as sort of Forman but mostly delegates work to ranch hands, while hanging out with John Ross.

[​IMG]
    Diego Boneta
    “Juan Carlos” DelSol III - 28. Carlos DelSol’s oldest grandson, one of Ellie’s many admirers. He represents his grandfather’s company’s 16% of Ewing Industries. His grandfather is worth over eighty billion dollars in his running of the DelSol Group.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  2. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,738
    Medals:
    I'm sorry but the concept you are presenting sounds like a daytime soap opera where they age the characters 20 years over night.

I mean if it was really 2020 John Ross child with Elena would be like 6 years old. Any kids he would have with Pamela Rebecca would probably be even younger. So I am not buying the time line for this story. :(

Just some constructive feedback.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. stevew

stevew Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +651
    Medals:
    I appreciate it, but I’m looking at this as 2028 (50 year anniversary) and Dallas TNT as having occurred around 2000-2002 or about. In Dallas TNT they acted like twenty somethings to me and certainly not the thirties they would have been in 2012-2014. Just my thought on the time line. I didn’t want to just erase what we saw as we’ve seen in the past, but I wanted to move on with a new idea.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. stevew

stevew Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +651
    Medals:
    Sorry I went to look at this again and the title should be Dallas 2028. That might clear things up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ilovesoaps100

ilovesoaps100 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Are you gonna start the story, or is this over

6. stevew

stevew Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +651
    Medals:
    Sorry I was just tossing out an idea for a future possibility in 2028. I got to working on an idea for an alternative to CC - what I would have done if they’d hired me to run the show and not her.