Dallas 40th Anniversary Celebrations. :)

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Karin Schill, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,136
    Hi Everyone,

I figured I'd start a thread where everyone can share stories, photos and videos relating to the past weekend's celebrations in Dallas. :)

I did go to Dallas for the big event and was happy to meet up with @Sarah , @DALLASguy and Prodical son from the board. It sure was great to see ya all. :dance:

Oh and here's an article that has several photos from the event:

http://blitzweekly.com/dallas-tv-series-celebrates-40th-anniversary/

and here's a short newsclip from the event:

and a news clip of the cast from the day prior to the event:

That's all for now. But enjoy! :)

Take care,
    Love:
    Karin.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Rove

Rove Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,564
    I'm green with envy. I trust everyone had a great time.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Miss Texas 1967

Miss Texas 1967 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +448
    I'd love to see some pics from inside the event if you have them? :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,136
    I would say that yes everyone was having a good time. :)
    Over all there were about 800-1000 fans there who had flown in from all over the USA and also from 29 countries abroad.

The event was not what I had expected though, as there wasn't much time to look around the house or the museum as fans started queing up when they arrived to have their meet and greet moment with the cast. Some people stood in line waiting to have their photos taken for three hours and then got to spend maybe 3-5 minutes with the cast. Yet from the look on people's faces I'd say that it was completely worth it as everyone came out after their meeting with the cast with huge grins on their faces like it was the best thing that had ever happened to them! :dance:

So I think a lot of people were star-struck. :byebye:
    I also think that the cast are very good at making people feel special by noticing them. They also hug their fans, which is much appreciated.:ch:

Also as requested this is what the event looked like indoors on the first day:

uvs180410-007.JPG They were showing "War of the Ewings" on the big screen and the only reason why the chairs are empty is because everyone is busy waiting in line...

uvs180410-009.JPG
    The line actually started outdoors. But this is inside of the Oil Baron's Ball venue at Southfork. It's the same place that they filmed the question and answer session with the fans of the "Return to Southfork" (2004) special.

uvs180410-010.JPG
    On the other side of the room where people started to get closer to the room where the cast were. You entered it through the door to the left. They were showing clips from the show to entertain fans who were waiting.

uvs180410-012.JPG
    In the big room they were also selling merchandise like this one. The cups had sold out by the time the event was over.

uvs180410-001.JPG
    You could also buy Jeannie bottles that were designed by artist Mario Della Casa. He is also the one who painted the cast for the 30th Anniversary. You can see the Jock painting in the background.

uvs180410-002.JPG
    Fans could also amuse themselves by posing with these paper dolls.

uvs180410-006.JPG

People waiting in line in the same room as the cast take their photos. You can also see Jock's car.

uvs180410-004.JPG
    In the same room they also had this put up to sort of remembering JR/Larry...

uvs180410-005.JPG
    This is the moment that everyone was waiting for. Having their photos taken with the cast by a professional photographer. The cast occasionally took breaks and were sitting in the red chair that had been borrowed from the Southfork Museum for this special day when they were actually at the ranch! :)

uvs180410-008.JPG
    By the time we left the event it had gotten this dark outdoors.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. pd fan

pd fan Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +696
    Whaou Karin it',s very nice of you to share your experience and pictures of this famous Dallas 40th anniversary day it,s great for all the others fans who wanted to be there and could'nt come , I'm sure you had a great time with Sarah and Dallas guy from the board :yeah: did you have your own picture with the cast ? :gotcha: did you prefer this day at Southfork or when you met and interwiewed the cast at the festival of country music in Mirande in France some years ago ? Anyway thanks to post and tell us about this great event :kiss::best:

• Like Like x 2
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 2
  6. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,564
    Thank you so much Karin. I feel like I'm actually there. Great idea to take photos as you make your way to the meet and greet. If I had the luxury of being there standing next in line knowing Steve, Charlene, Linda and Patrick were there right in front of me, my knees would have been trembling. :ty:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Miss Texas 1967

Miss Texas 1967 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +448
    Thanks so much for sharing some pictures, these are actually a lot better than what I saw on the Facebook page, they give a more whole picture of the event.

Looks and sounds like it was a great event :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,564
    I've noted many posters were wishing Victoria had made a surprise visit for the 40th Anniversary but one name that is rarely mentioned is Ken. Does anyone know if Ken is unwell? I understand Steve Kenely played a major role in Dallas but given Ken's importance to the series I thought he would have scored an invite.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,136
    You're welcome about the photos @pd fan , @Rove and @Miss Texas 1967
    I am glad that you all enjoyed watching them and that it made you feel like you were there. It was a great event. Well organized and all fans got what they were promised. :)

Silvie, I did have a photo taken with the cast. But I won't share it here, sorry but I consider that private.
    Then as for which event I preferred. It's hard to tell as I've been blessed to meet the cast several times and each meeting and event has been special in it's own way. But I think the one meeting that still stands out the most in my memory is the first time I met them in Mirande 2007. I guess since I hadn't met them before then (except for seeing Larry, Linda and Patrick from a distance at Wogan 2006 and a brief meeting with Patrick in 2000) I didn't know what to expect and they just blew me away since they were all so kind and friendly. :)

Rove, I have no clue if Ken was invited to this or not. There was a lot more cast members at the 30th Anniversary celebrations that's for sure.

Anyway I figured you all would love to see some photos from day two of the 40th Anniversary celebrations too. So here's some more photos:

uvs180410-019.JPG
    Day two was at the Longhorn Ballroom and this is the queue outdoors waiting to go in. The event started around 6 p.m.

uvs180410-024.JPG
    When people came indoors they started the evening by getting autographs by the cast.

uvs180412-009.JPG
    The venue looked something like this.

uvs180410-022.JPG
    There was also a dance floor and a country artist was entertaining the crowds. Some people were dancing. Also I am almost certain that this is the filming locations for the scene where Bobby & April went out on a date in season 11 (DVD).

uvs180410-020.JPG
    Here's a detail from one of the bars at the venue. You could buy drinks and they also served you food which was included in the ticket price. I had the chicken fingers and mashed potatoes. The food was served in plastic cups!

uvs180412-003.JPG
    Here is the highlight of the evening. The Question & Answer session with the cast. They are sitting on the stage and the audience gathered on the dance floor and all around it. :)
    The Q & A was interrupted at times when they showed some clips from the show and asked the fans quiz questions where the first one who gave the correct answer won a prize. The moderator asked all the questions. Also I can't say I am fond of the weird blue lightning.

uvs180412-002.JPG Patrick and Linda.

uvs180412-008.JPG
    In one of the funniest moments that evening Charlene and Steve reenacted the "Call me her name" scene from the hayloft. :Clol:

uvs180412-005.JPG

The evening then ended with that the cast toasted the memory of Larry with "Gong Bong!"
    They supposedly got JR Ewing Burboun in the glasses and well Linda thought it was too strong for her since she made a face after drinking it. I find that hilarious considering how Patrick and Linda have been promoting the product.

The cast then left the venue around 10 p.m. and then the party was more or less over.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  10. pd fan

pd fan Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +696
    Amazing pics again Karin !!!:gotcha: You know when I asked you if you took a picture with the cast ,I didn't want you to post it in the forum ,I totally understand that it's private I would have do the same thing of you , It was a only a question :D anyway I hope you're not angry with me :dancer: thanks for posting your wonderful pics :no::no:

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,136
    Don't worry @pd fan. I am definitely not angry with you.:pals:
    I'll reply to your PM when I have a bit more time. But it won't be this weekend as I have a conference with work that I have to attend.

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  12. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,036
    Ty Karin, for posting the photos. From the looks of it you all had a blast.

A confrontation ensues between Bobby and JR, over the Pamela & Ben Maxwell article. JR spits out his usual stuff and Bobby retaliates by punching him, in the stomach, (a scene from season 1, DVD-2, 1978 – ‘79).

Jock acts as a referee and says:

“Knock it off, both of ya! Before I beat the hell outta ya!”

Bobby then leaves and heads in the direction of the garage.

Jock: “JR if I find out you had anything to do with this, I’ll kick your tail over to the next county. Do you hear!”

JR: “Well there’s no sense looking a gift horse, in the mouth dad.”

• Like Like x 1
  13. pete lashmar

pete lashmar Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +636
    Fab photos, thanks so much for posting them xxx

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Via The Void

Via The Void Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +751
    Gawd I love this show.

Hope everybody enjoyed themselves & that no one ended up in the Southfork pool.

Thanks for the pics & the stories. :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,564
    So do I. Especially seeing the great Jock appear in that painting, either hung at Southfork or the Ewing office. Amazing how such a character - long gone - still ignites powerful memories for both the viewer and the history of Dallas.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,136
    You know they told me when I was at Southfork that the reason that the diving board has been removed from the pool is because tourists used to walk up on it and jump into the pool and they don't want people to do that! :rlol:

So no nobody ended up in the pool this time!

That's right Rove that Jock painting was a great way to represent the character and keep his legacy on the show long after he was gone. I loved it when JR would talk to the painting.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. johnmmil10

johnmmil10 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +35
    It was a fun weekend! I found myself in one of your pictures waiting in line at the Longhorn, Karin!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Lastkidpicked

Lastkidpicked Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +364
    Thank you so much for posting all those great pictures and videos!

And very cool that Johnmmil10 was in one of the pictures.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,136
    You're welcome about the photos. :)

Also that's really cool that you were in one of my photos @johnmmil10
    If I had known it was you I would have walked over and said hello. :hey:

• Like Like x 1