1. Show your support for DALLAS in the battle of the soaps

The Character's Exit

Click here for more details
    Dismiss Notice

Dallas Bloodlines

Discussion in 'Dallas TNT' started by Bobby, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Bobby

Bobby Soap Chat Newbie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Original Member Since:
    Here is a new pilot that I wrote an early draft for. This is what I wish was submitted to TNT before thatCidre mess.

Dallas: Bloodlines

Summary - Set in 2012, John Ross Ewing now is a driller in Wyoming. Upon hearing news of his grandmothers death he visits Dallas where he has not lived regularly since 1991 when his Dad committed suicide. Christopher Ewing is now Vice President of Ewing Oil working under his Uncle Cliff who is soon set to retire. Cliff has taken Christopher under his wing since hearing of his Mothers Death of Cancer in 1992. Christopher has a distant relationship with Bobby who now runs Southfork but is removed from the Oil Business. Upon gathering for Ms. Ellie's services, it is revealed that she left all Oil under Southfork for John Ross so he would move back to Dallas and reunite with his Mother Sue Ellen who he has not spoken to since his Fathers suicide. This creats a conflict where John Ross is forced to stay at Southfork in order to honor Ms. Ellie's wishes. Christopher is vengeful of this as he fears that John Ross will eventually take control of Ewing Oil since he is a "real ewing".

The only new character introduced in the pilot would be a love interest for Christopher who is heavily involved in politics. Their would be another love interest for John Ross that would be introduced in future episodes and play a huge role in the plot of future seasons. This character would be introduced in the 2nd episode.

Christopher in this story was written similar to JR in the original series. He is cold, cunning and calculated. Christopher only cares about power and fully inheriting Ewing Oil from his Uncle Cliff. John Ross is not written like Bobby in the original series, he is not a hero but is a character with a lot of shades of gray. He is not good or bad. Instead he is a confused character that never recovered from his fathers suicide.

Bobby is very similar to how he was in the original series. He remains a widower as he found out in 1992 that Pam died from cancer. If this pilot were picked up to a series, a love interest for Bobby would develop.

Sue Ellen lives in Dallas after the death of her husband Don Lockwood in 1995. Sue Ellen also suffers from guilt from JR's suicide and has not spoken to her son John Ross since. Sue Ellen is still suffering from occasional bouts of drinking. This would be a subplot in future episodes.

Cliff Barnes is cold blooded but not in a nutty way like he was in TNT Dallas. Cliff is similar to what we last saw in 1991. Remember he kept the sign Ewing Oil at the office when he first took it over because he wanted to send a picture to JR. This Cliff is deeply attached to Christopher and is obsessed with teaching with how to run an oil company.

In this pilot, their is a speaking role for Gary although we would not use him in a regular role. We also included cameos from Ray, Lucy and Donna but did not include speaking roles for them. Pamela Rebecca and Afton would be the most likely characters to return from the original series.

Weststar is also mentioned although Carter McKay is dead and buried. In future episodes a new CEO of Weststar would be introduced that does have a connection to the original series.

DALLAS BLOODLINES Script
    INT.... John Ross House

The alarm clock goes off. John Ross wakes up and stares in disbelief that it's already 4am. John Ross shirtless in his bed carries himself up and walks to his bathroom. John Ross turns on the shower and stares at himself blankly looking into the mirror. John Ross is looking inside himself. He is not sure that he likes what he sees.

EXT. John Ross Home
    John Ross leaves his home which nothing greater then a small trailer. John Ross walks over to an old chevy pick up truck. At first the truck refuses to start but John Ross gets its to start. He begins to drive outside the dirt rode surrounding his "home".

EXT. Pattys Coffee Shop
    John Ross pulls into Pattys Coffee Shop. It's still only 445am and pitch black dark outside.

INT. Coffee Shop

John Ross walks into the coffee shop. He is the lone customer in the shop.

John Ross
    ... Hey darling can you pore me a cup.

Patty
    ...Your here bright and early.

John Ross rolls his eyes

John Ross
    ...Got to get to the fields early today. Nothing is coming out of the ground and Leo ain't so happy.

Patti pours his cup and smiles

Patty
    ...Leo was born unhappy.

John Ross
    ...Maybe so but he is the boss. This better not be another dry hole.

Patty
    ...This ain't Texas darling. Your in Wyoming. Drilling ain't the same here.

John Ross
    ...Texas drilling is overrated.

He smirks while saying this and walks out the coffee shop. Patty stares at him as he leaves.

Ext. Oilfield
    John Ross Chevy Pick-Up truck pulls up outside the oil field.

Int. Leo's Office
    John Ross walks into Leo's small office which is nothing more then a trailer alongside the field.

Leo
    ...Hello Junior

John Ross
    ...You know I don't like when you call me that.

Leo
    ...Well then hello John Ross

Leo rolls his eyes

John Ross
    ...What are we looking at right now. Making any progress.

Leo
    ...No such thing as progress in this business.

John Ross
    ...Well me and the boys gotta start drilling.

Leo
    ...Junior you got a letter waiting for you. I didn't open it but it was sent here.

Leo grabs the envelope on his desk and hands it to John Ross. John Ross opens the envelope and reads the letter. While reading it his eyes tear up.

Leo
    ...Everything alright Junior?

John Ross
    ...No

John Ross looks worried and sad.

John Ross
    ...I never thought anything would bring me back to Southfork but my grandma just passed away. Miss Ellie is dead

Ext. Plano Memorial Headstones
    A close up of a small Headstone outlet is shown.

Int. Plano Memorial Headstones

Bobby Ewing sits alongside the owner of the shop in his office.

Store Owner
    ...I'm awfully sorry about your Mama. She was a fine lady.

Bobby
    ...Yeah she was. Such a strong lady. Hard to deal with the death of two husbands and one son, my brother JR.

Store Owner
    ...I know it was her wishes to be buried alongside Jock and JR.

Bobby
    ...She never forgave herself for not being their during JR's death. It changed her. It changes all of us.

Store Owner
    ...I remember that like it was yesterday. Hell what was it over 20 years ago when JR took his own life.

Bobby
    ...21 years ago. I remember it like it was yesterday. When I last saw him he was at his lowest point. Losing Ewing Oil, his son (pauses) and losing Southfork.

Ext. Downtown Dallas
    A close up is shown of a large high rise building which is now the home of Ewing Oil.

Int. Christopher's Office
    Christopher sits in his office. He is now the Executive Vice President of Ewing Oil where he works under his Uncle Cliff. His secretary Bonnie enters his office.

Christopher
    ...Bonnie can you you page Jackie and tell her I need to see my Uncle Cliff.

Bonnie
    ...Yes I will tell her.

Christopher
    ...Thanks

Bonnie walks out the office and Christopher stares outside his office window looking outside Downtown Dallas.

The door opens and Cliff walks in

Christopher
    ...Uncle Cliff

Cliff
    ...Christopher I'm sorry about Ms. Ellie.

Christopher
    ...Thanks Uncle Cliff but I wanted to see you about something else.

Cliff
    ...What's bothering you?

Christopher
    ...When I first started working year, I remember that you told me you were going to teach me everything you knew about this business.

Cliff stares at Christopher

Christopher
    ...I owe you a lot. I really do.

Cliff
    ...Your all I have Chris. You and this company are the two only things that mean anything to me.

Christopher
    ...I understand that. And I appreciate everything you have done.

Cliff looks concerned

Christopher
    ...I want to begin to have more dialogue with the boys at the cartel.

Cliff
    ...Those guys are nothing but bloodsuckers. They are like vampires Chris. They will suck you dry.

Christopher
    ...We need more capital for the kind of deals we need to take over Weststar once and for all.

Cliff
    ...Weststar?

Christopher
    ...It's the only thing holding us back from being #1 in Texas.

Cliff
    ...My whole life Chris I fought to be number 1. Trust me it's not all that it's cut out to be.

Christopher
    ...What about I at least call Eric and setup a meeting with those old boys.

Cliff
    ...That guys the worst Chris. You know how I feel about him.

Christopher
    ...When you brought me on you told me that you trusted me with your empire.

Cliff
    ...You mean our empire

Christopher
    ...You know Uncle Cliff how much I want this company to be Number 1.

Cliff stares at Christopher and smiles

Cliff
    ...Ok setup the meeting. I want to be their though. How about next Tuesday at the Oil Barons Club?

Christopher
    ...Thank you Uncle Cliff. I promise that you will not regret it.

Ext. Love Field Airport
    John Ross exits the Airport and walks into a taxi.

Int. Taxi
    The taxi driver is a short and chubby man. He is smoking a cigarette in The taxi.

John Ross
    ...Has anyone ever told you those things are bad for you.

Driver
    ...Where you heading?

John Ross
    ...Southfork Ranch

Driver
    ...What the hell you doing their.

John Ross
    ...I don't know

The taxi driver begins driving and John Ross looks outside the window.

Ext. Southfork
    A close up of Southfork. It looks the same as it last did in 1991.

Int. Southfork Kitchen
    Bobby walks into the Southfork kitchen. He stares at a picture of Ms. Ellie on the refrigerator and looks in deep thought.

Sue Ellen suddenly appears in the room and startles Bobby.

Bobby
    ...Sue Ellen it's great to see you.

Sue Ellen
    ...Bobby I'm so sorry

Bobby
    ...She was old Sue Ellen. She lived a good life.

Sue Ellen looks sad

Bobby
    ...I purchased her headstone earlier today. She is going to be buried next to Daddy (pause) and JR.

Sue Ellen
    ...That's a good idea Bobby.

Bobby
    ...I'm glad your back. Mama said that the family was always strongest together.

Sue Ellen
    ...I remember years ago sitting in this kitchen and talking to Ms. Ellie. She talked about John Ross and Christopher and how she didn't want them to end up like you and JR.

Bobby stares attentively at Sue Ellen

Sue Ellen
    ...You know a part of me wishes they were fighting. A part of me wishes my son was was here to fight.

Bobby
    ...Well Sue Ellen he has been out of touch. We sent notice to where he was last working. Hopefully he is still their and will be able to make it for the services.

Sue Ellen
    ...Look at us Bobby. Both alone. Most of my life I hated JR but After he died I never was able to move on.

Bobby
    ...He loved you Sue Ellen.

Sue Ellen
    ...I loved him. I didn't always like him but I loved him.

Bobby
    ...How does this relate to John Ross.

Sue Ellen
    ...For such a long time I thought he was the only positive thing to come from my marriage. Now I'm not so sure. What kind of Mother doesn't talk to her for years at a time Bobby?

Bobby
    ...That's not your choice Sue Ellen. John Ross chose to live a life away from the Ewing Family.

Sue Ellen
    ...What did I do wrong as a mother?

Bobby
    ...John Ross is a big boy. You have done everything that you can Sue Ellen.

Sue Ellen
    ...How is Christopher?

Bobby
    ...He is busy running Ewing Oil.

Sue Ellen
    ...A 1st class businessman.

Bobby
    ...He ain't like me Sue Ellen. I worry he may be overly ambitious. Like JR he doesn't know when to stop.

Sue Ellen
    ...You have done a good job with him Bobby. He could not have had a better father.

Bobby
    ...He also grew up without a mother and an Uncle hell bent on destroying anyone in his path.

Ext. Southfork Gates
    A taxi pulls up and stops outside the Southfork gates. John Ross walks outside and stares from afar at the ranch. The driver walks out with a cigarette in hand

Driver
    ...So this is Southfork?

John Ross
    ...From here this place looks so peaceful. So beautiful.

Driver
    ...You sure you don't want a smoke?

John Ross
    ...No. I guess it's time for me to go back home. I will walk from here.

Driver
    ...You sure. I can drive you up?

John Ross
    ...Yes sir. Here is your money. (John Ross hands him money)

Driver
    ...I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed but I got a feeling you go some unfinished demons in those halls.

John Ross
    ...Well Sir your a lot smarter then you look.

Ext. Downtown Dallas Apartment

Int. Apartment
    Christopher walks inside an apartment after opening the for with a key.

Christopher
    ...Celeste where are you?

Celeste
    ...I'm in the bathroom.

Christopher
    ...Ok

Celeste walks outside the bathroom door. She is in her late twenties, blond and beautiful. She immediately huge Christopher and kisses him on the lips.

Celeste
    ..Hey beautiful. Nice to finally see you.

Christopher
    ...I'm glad your back from Austin.

Celeste
    ...It's about damn time. The Senator had a lot of meetings out their getting ready for the next campaign.

Christopher
    ...He is a conservative. You and I both know that conservatives don't lose elections in Texas.

Celeste
    ...Well he still needs my help. And on that note I'm not the only person that's been throwing themselves into their work.

Christopher takes off his shirt

Christopher
    ...I ain't always clinging to my work honey.

Celeste
    ...Well obviously not.

Christopher
    ...One day I will own Ewing Oil and we will live in the biggest house in Texas.

Celeste
    ...I love you Christopher. I always will and always have.

Christopher
    ...I promise that I ain't ever gonna leave you darling

Celeste and Christopher embrace and begin to make love.

Int. Southfork Dining Room
    John Ross walks into the dining room and sits at Jocks chair at the head of the table. He stares at all the empty seats while Bobby walks in.

Bobby
    ...John Ross it's great to see you.

John Ross
    ...What's it been 6 years or so since old Claytons funeral?

Bobby
    ...I guess it has.

John Ross
    ...As you know Uncle Bobby this ain't my favorite place.

Bobby
    ...Well I'm glad your here. Your Grandma would be happy to. She really missed you.

John Ross shakes his head.

Bobby
    ...Your mama was here earlier. She wants to see you.

John Ross
    ...Well I don't want to see her. That women back on the booze?

Bobby
    ...Come on John Ross?

John Ross
    ...I'm here for Ms. Ellie. When this is over I am out.

Bobby
    ...What does that have to do with seeing your Mama. Your going to have to see her

John Ross
    ...That women is a cancer Uncle Bobby. Everything she touches falls apart.

Bobby
    ...You can't blame her for what happened.

John Ross
    ...She made me move to London. She turned me against my Daddy. If I was here maybe he wouldn't have taken the easy way out.

Bobby
    ...Your Mama loves you.

John Ross
    ...How is the almighty Christopher?

Bobby
    ...He is fine. He will be here tomorrow at the services.

John Ross
    ...I remember when we were kids. I always thought of him as my little brother.

Bobby
    ...He's changed John Ross.

John Ross
    ...Because of Cliff?

Bobby
    ... Not entirely.

John Ross
    ...Power?

Bobby
    ...I think that plays a role. He is obsessed with conquering the oil business.

John Ross
    ...When you called, I was still working those fields in Wyoming. It's a different world out their.

Bobby
    ...I hope you will consider staying John Ross. I'm sure their are plenty of jobs Christopher could get you at Ewing Oil.

John Ross stares angrily

John Ross
    ...I don't need the Ewing name. I especially don't need to be getting paid by that loser that killed my Daddy.

Bobby
    ...You know how I feel about Cliff. But he didn't kill JR. You know who killed JR? JR killed JR.

John Ross
    ...The quicker I can get out of this purgatory the better. This house brings nothing back but bad memories.

Bobby
    ...You can sleep in your old room if you want to.

John Ross
    ...No need. I already got a room at the Omni.

Bobby
    ...You didn't need to do that John Ross.

John Ross
    ...Their ain't no place for me here. This ain't my life.

Bobby
    ...Well Richard Smithfield wants to meet with us after the services. Talk about Mamas Will. I will want you to be their.

John Ross
    ...I will be their.

Bobby
    ...Thank you.

Ext. JR's Grave
    John Ross walks up to JR's gravestone which is located on Southfork. It reads that JR passed in 1991. John Ross sits and puts his head closely to the gravestone.

John Ross
    ...You told me once that you were going to teach me everything that I need to know about this business. Well you lied. You lied to me and you lied to Jock. Granddaddy would be ashamed of you. He died like a hero and you died like a coward. Things get a little hard and you quit. Your a sad man JR Ewing a very sad man.

As John Ross speaks to his fathers grave, the scene transitions to Bobby speaking at the memorial of his mother. Attending the memorial are Bobby, Sue Ellen, John Ross, Christopher, his girlfriend Celeste, Lucy Ewing who now lives in California, Ray Ewing who owns a ranch in Colorado, Donna Dowling who lives in Virginia with her husband, Gary Ewing and Valene Ewing who both still are married and live in California. Close ups of all the family members are shown. All are focused on Ms. Bobbys eulogy about Ms. Ellie accept for Sue Ellen who stares at John Ross.

Bobby
    ...Mama was not always gentle lady. She once attacked my Daddy with horse whip and chased off reporters with a shot gun. Behind that tough exterior though was a caring women that loved her family. She loved her sons. She loved her grandchildren. And she loved her husbands. Mama will be deeply missed and her presence will always be felt here at Southfork. Mama will be buried on the land she loved, the land that she cherished. We love you Mama.

A close up is shown of Bobby crying while delivering the eulogy and closing his eyes.

Ext. Southfork
    Many family members are gathered outside Southfork to celebrate Ms. Ellie. John Ross drinks bourbon and branch at the bar until he is tapped on the shoulder by his cousins Christopher.

Christopher
    ...Well the drifter returns I see.

John Ross
    ...Well I had a good reason. How you doing cousin?

Christopher
    ...I'm happy to see you. It's been a long time. What is it now 6 years?

John Ross
    ...I don't make it a habit of coming around this place.

Christopher
    ...Well that's why I'm here. I don't want to make sure this doesn't become a habit.

John Ross stares at Christopher with a sad face.

Christopher
    ...When your Daddy ended his life he left the Ewing name in shambles. Since then I have been trying to fix it.

John Ross
    ...Well you have done a good job

Christopher
    ...I want to make sure that you don't return here and want a job at the company. The last thing this company needs is a little bastard like you running around.

John Ross grabs Christopher by the shirt and puts his fist to his face.

John Ross
    ...I would knock you senseless but it's just not worth it.

Christopher glares at John Ross

John Ross
    ...I'm leaving tomorrow. Nothing for me here.

John Ross pushes Christopher as Sue Ellen watches this scene from afar.

Int. Southfork Dining Room
    John Ross enters and pours himself another drink. Sue Ellen enters the room behind him.

Sue Ellen
    ...Hello John Ross

John Ross
    ...Look who it is. Mother of the year.

Sue Ellen
    ...Is Christopher trying to get you to leave Dallas?

John Ross
    ...Christopher doesn't want any distractions at Ewing Oil.

Sue Ellen
    ...I need you here John Ross.

John Ross
    ...How about all those times that I needed you. Remember as a kid. I needed a mother. Not a drunk

Sue Ellen begin crying

Sue Ellen
    ...Don't say that John Ross

John Ross
    ...You were never a mother. You were always a selfish bitch that only cares about herself.

Sue Ellen cries and talks outside the dining room. John Ross continues drinking his bourbon and branch.

Ext. Southfork Patio (Night)
    Christopher sits overlooking the ranch while enjoying a drink as Bobby appears.

Bobby
    ...Hello Son

Christopher
    ... Sad day. You did a great job earlier Dad with those things you said about Grandma.

Bobby
    ...I meant every word. Your Grandma was one heck of a lady.

Christopher
    ...Celeste just left. She is working the campaign. I can't get that women to ever stay in Dallas.

Bobby
    ...You love her?

Christopher
    ...I think so Daddy.

Bobby
    ...Their is more to life then Ewing Oil.

Christopher
    ...I am going to put this company back on top Daddy.

Bobby
    ...Is Uncle Cliff retiring?

Christopher
    ...Not yet but someday it will all be mine. The entire empire. It will be back solely in Ewing Blood.

Bobby
    ...Why is that so important to you?

Christopher
    ... I'm going to put the Ewing Name back on top.

Bobby
    ...At the end of the day Christopher their are things more important then the Ewing name. I just want you to be happy. Knowing your happy makes me happy.

Christopher
    ...I know that Daddy and I love you. But understand how important it is to me to put the Ewing name back on top.

Bobby
    ...Did you talk to John Ross?

Christopher
    ...He is a poor soul. Lost Daddy.

Bobby
    ...I remember when you guys were kids.

Christopher
    ...I just hope he is now by trying to follow me. Let him go back to Louisiana or wherever the heck he came from.

Bobby
    ...I think his mother wants him to stay.

Christopher
    ...You don't need to worry about that. He will be leaving in the morning.

Int. Smithfield Law Office
    Bobby, Gary, John Ross and Christopher sit at a table with Richard Smithfield, a man in his forties who is nephew of the late Harv Smithfield who passed in the mid 1990's.

Richard
    ...It's upsetting I need to see you all under these circumstances.

Bobby
    ...Thanks Rich. I made sure that myself, Gary and the grandkids were here.

Gary
    ...I have a lot of business to tend to in California. I'm flying back with Valene later this afternoon.

Richard
    ...Well let's get right to the point then. Ms. Ellie in 2007 made some changes to her will. She left a document that he wanted me to read to everyone in this room.

Christopher
    ...What did Grandma have to say?

Bobby
    ...Yeah Rich what did she say.

John Ross looks nervously as Richard begins to open the letter and read it.

Richard
    ...This is exactly what Ms Ellie said

Richard pauses and then begins to read the letter

Richard l
    ...To My Sons,
    ...I wish That all three of my sons were alive to read this. I will never forgive myself for what happened to JR. I loved him with all my heart as I love all my sons. I will forever cherish our memories together and I know that I will live on in your hearts. I leave all my inheritance to Bobby and Gary. As previously stated in 1990, I leave full ownership of Southfork to Bobby. Gary is busy with his life in California and has no interest in the ranch. Therefore Bobby I leave you as the sole bearer of Southfork. I always have asked you Bobby to protect the land. As important though as the land is to me and my memory it pails in comparison to my love for family. I request upon my death that's drilling begins immediately where their is oil on Section 40. This will be the 1st field of a new oil company that will be owned by my nephew John Ross. The company will be called Southworth Oil. I ask John Ross as my last wish to run this company.

Christopher with anger walks out of the room and slams the door. Bobby and Gary stare in disbelief while John Ross stares down at the desk.

Int. Ewing Oil Office
    Christopher paces in his office sweating profusely from nerves.

Int. Oil Barons Club
    Bobby walks into the Oil Barons Club and takes a seat at the bar next to an old friend Cliff Barnes.

Cliff
    ...What gives me the pleasure of meeting with Bobby Ewing?

Bobby
    ...We need to talk.

Cliff
    ...What do we have to talk about. You haven't talked to me since We found out Pam passed away.

Bobby
    ...It's about Christopher

Cliff
    ...He's your son Bobby

Bobby
    ...I know that Cliff but we may have some problems.

Cliff
    ...What happened?

Bobby
    ...My Mama requested drilling on Southfork in her Will and gave full rights to my nephew John Ross.

Cliff
    ...Jr's Boy?

Bobby
    ...Yes

Cliff
    ...And you think that Christopher is going to try and destroy him.

Bobby
    ...Well he did learn from the best

Cliff
    ...You know Bobby why I never changed the name to Barnes Oil? It's because of knowing that I now own the same company that my Daddy and me fought our entire lives.

Bobby
    ...And what about Christopher?

Cliff
    ...I care about Christopher. I love Christopher. He will one day own Ewing Oil.

Bobby
    ...I know that you showed Christopher every sorry trick that you know. Tell him to stay away from John Ross.

Cliff
    ...Out of respect to Christopher's mother, I will try and keep him at bay. But remember Bobby that Christopher is a grown man that will one day own Ewing Oil.

Bobby
    ...He listens to you Cliff. If he comes after John Ross you better watch your back. I have stayed out of the Barnes-Ewing feud for a long time but don't think I still don't have some fight left in me.

Cliff
    ...Bobby your a rancher now. Not an oil man. You cant hurt me.

Bobby
    ...Cliff remember what it was like fighting JR all those years ago. Do you really want that again?

Cliff
    ...I beat your brother. Don't think I can't beat you.

Bobby
    ...Consider yourself warned Cliff. Tell Christopher to stay away from John Ross.

Bobby storms out of the Oil Barons Club and strikes some fear in the eyes of Cliff.

Int. Sue Ellen's Condo
    Sue Ellen stares at a bottle of wine in her kitchenette. She glares at the bottle and touches the top of it with her right hand.

Ext. Southfork Field
    John Ross drives rides his horse out to the future drilling field at Southfork Ranch. John Ross stares at the land and briefly smiles. His cell phone beeps. John Ross receives a text message to meet Christopher.

Ext. Cowboys Stadium
    John Ross stands inside the stadium as suddenly a helicopter approaches which appears to be owner by Ewing Oil. The helicopter lands and Christopher walks outside towards John Ross.

Christopher
    ...Well I get to share this stadium with the owner of Southworth Oul.

John Ross
    ...Your a sad man Christopher.

Christopher
    ...The only think that's going to be sad is watching me destroy your company.

John Ross
    ...Who even said I was staying?

Christoper
    ...No way you would do that to Ms. Ellie.

John Ross
    ...What if your right?

Christopher
    ...Well then i'm going to use all resources to destroy you.

John Ross
    ...Your a disgusting human being

Christopher
    ...However disgusting I may be you don't know what your dealing with here. I want you out of Dallas. Sell me that field.

John Ross
    ...And tarnish Ms. Ellie's memory?

Christopher
    ...I want drill on it. You sell me that land though and then you get the hell out of Dallas.

John Ross
    ...Why do you care if I am running a separate company. How will I be able to ruin the Ewing Legacy?

Christopher
    ...Leave Dallas or I am going to have you thrown out.

John Ross
    ...When I first got word today I thought about leaving. I hate it here. But you know Chris it may be worth it to stay and watch you suffer.

Christopher
    ...Leave John Ross

John Ross
    ...I know why your worried Christopher. It's because you don't have any real Ewing Blood.

Christopher walks towards John Ross and slaps him

John Ross
    ...I'm going to stay around Christopher and I'm not going to get in your way. Just stay out of mine.

Christopher
    ...Boy you don't know what your dealing with.

Christopher spits on John Ross shoes and walks away towards his helicopter. John Ross stares at Christopher as his helicopter leaves the arena. John Ross then pulls out a picture of his mama and Dads 2nd wedding out of his pocket. He looks at the picture and gives it a kiss.

Dallas
    STARRING
    John Ross Ewing
    Christopher Ewing
    Celeste Pingaro
    Bobby Ewing
    Sue Ellen Lockwood
    Cliff Barnes

ALSO STARRING
    Gary Ewing
    Donne Dowling
    Ray Krebbs
    Lucy Ewing
    Richard Smithfield
    Betsy
    Bonnie
    Taxi Driver
    Store Owner

A moment agoEditReport
    + QuoteReply

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Karin Schill
    Fine

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,454
    Original Member Since:
    September 2004
    Welcome to our Dallas board and thanks for sharing your pilot with us. :)

3. Bobby

Bobby Soap Chat Newbie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Original Member Since:
    If Larry Hagman had passed this would be the story that would have been most effective.

Create a narrative where Christopher is the New JR. He comes from bad Bloodlines (no pun intended) and also had his mother abandon him. John Ross can be the more sympathetic character, although more flawed then Bobby in the original series.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sarah
    Cynical

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,981
    Really well written. I have to say though I'm not a fan of 'nasty' John Ross. I think TNT went a bit OTT with making him so mean and nasty to Sue Ellen especially.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,841
    I place the blame squarely at the laziness of the writers. Who could have predicted the writers would make John Ross a clone of JR. It was lazy. I did however believe as the series progressed Josh Henderson was relaxing into the role. The explosive kitchen scene between John Ross and Sue Ellen is exactly what I had hoped for from a modern contemporary Dallas. Sue Ellen is desperate to protect her son from the influences of JR. He on the other hand is teaching his son to play dirty, just like his daddy.
    The major problem I had when TNT Dallas returned was treating John Ross and Christopher as if they were fresh out of college. These were men in their early 30's. I had hoped John Ross was happily married with a couple of kids on Southfork. TNT Dallas needed grounding from the get go. What was needed was a story that threatened the very survival of Southfork which pitted the Ewing's against those outside forces.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +970
    Original Member Since:
    14 September 2001
    Just a couple of nitpicks.

If this was indeed before the TNT Dallas we saw and Larry Hagman was available I wouldn't go with JR's suicide. Also, I don't believe Miss Ellie would ever condone drilling on Southfork.

Otherwise, some very good ideas.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. lbf522

lbf522 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +110
    Original Member Since:
    Yes the writers were indeed lazy. Of all of JR's traits to give to John Ross, they choose cheating? The writers also made John Ross loser. Everything John Ross did with the exception of rescuing Emma, blew up in his face. That threesome with him, Emma, and Pamela may have been hot but it was dumb. Turning Emma into a drug addict and slut was also dumb as well. Christopher being killed at the end was needless. If they had to kill anyone off it should have been Elena.