Dallas DVD boxset.

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Swami, Feb 20, 2018.

1. KillerBob

KillerBob Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Do you know if the US release is any different from the ones that´s been released previously, besides them being single sided?

2. Payton Cross

Payton Cross Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,011
    At the moment I am very satisfied with my loose DVD boxes from Dallas that I bought between 2004 and 2011, unfortunately I only have to buy season 12 all over again, because my ex partner has never returned back season 12, so I had to buy season 12 all over again.
    '
    That's why I first wanted to buy Dallas The Complete box-set (region 2 UK), but after reading the many bad reviews, I decided not to buy the box set anymore, because some disc did not play very well, so i didn't want to take the risk.
    [​IMG]

I have also decided not to buy any more DVDs from Dallas, unless a Blu-ray edition of Dallas is released, or a new improved DVD box sets with many extras. :)

By the way, the re-release from the Dallas complete box-set looks cheap and doesn't suits with the show at all. :(

• Like Like x 2
  3. garry

garry Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +268
    Apart from having single sided discs the only difference is that the picture quality of the Region 2 discs is slightly better, apart from Season 10 which looks a little better on the US Region 1 set.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. garry

garry Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +268
    What bad reviews? The only bad reviews I've read are for the Region 1 US box set, with people complaining about the discs skipping because they are double sided. The Region 2 set has single sided discs. I haven't experienced any faulty issues so far with them.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Payton Cross

Payton Cross Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,011
    You can read the bad reviews on Amazon.co.uk
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dallas-Com...5&sr=8-23&keywords=dallas+the+complete+series

But your right, is about the region 1 box-set, i thought it was the region 2 box

• Like Like x 2
  6. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,886
    I have the region two box set and it has single sided discs and plays okay. But it's the same extra material as the original release. I got the box since some of my double layered DVD's had started to skip. I won't be buying any more Dallas DVD's unless there's a new release with better quality and above everything else extra material. I want to see the deleted scenes really badly now when I know they exist!

I agree. Is there a petition that we can sign and send to Warner Brothers to let them know we want Dallas in blu-ray with extra material such as deleted scenes and bloopers/gagreels?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. garry

garry Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +268

You can try these. They work at Warner Home Video.

melissa.hufjay@warnerbros.com

emily.zalenski@warnerbros.com

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,481
    I have the R4 version of seasons 1 to 6. After that they stopped releasing them in Australia so I switched to the R2s - and R1 for the movies. The earliest ones are double-sided but so far I haven't has any problems with them.

:lol:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Swami

Swami Soap Chat Superstar

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,043
    The only advantage the new boxset has over this original one is that it is more compact and takes up less space, but I don't know whether or not that will be enough of a selling point.

Swami

10. KillerBob

KillerBob Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Thanks! :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Miss Texas 1967

Miss Texas 1967 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +446
    I find the new box set packaging to be a bit garish. I might be biased though because I have and love the original box set (though I am a little disappointed it doesn't play the theme when you push the side of the box like some do).

Like @Karin Schill and @Payton Cross I have had no issues with the original region 2 box set, the discs are all already single sided and play just fine :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,886

Thanks Garry and although I believe sending individual e-mails won't hurt I still think that an organized petition with 1000s of names on it would send a stronger message that there is a market for it. :)

I remember a few years ago a girl I know wanted to publish a book about Vivien Leigh but the publisher wasn't convinced it would sell. So she started a petiton and got 1000 names on it and the book was published. So petitions can help. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,771
    Flip, imagine Miss Ellie shooting JR!

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Rove

Rove Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,455
    It's exactly what happened here in Australia. Warners began to release each season and for me I was like a kid on Christmas morning when News filtered through the next season was released. A very kind and lovely lady at one of the big retail stores here in Oz would contact me to let me know she had put aside the season. She also was a fan and if by chance she was there when I'd arrive to purchase it we would have a little chat about the upcoming events.

Then for no obvious reason Warners stopped releasing it, just as Bobby flatlines and I've always laughed at the irony of it because quite frankly Dallas was on the cusp of flatlining as well.

However, recent News that it's being released again as individual season discs has me excited. Okay, I understand others frustration at Warners not releasing Dallas on Blu-ray but at least I have the opportunity to purchase those last remaining seasons so I can binge watch my favourite show of all time once again. By the way. Dallas has never been repeated in Australia so I've never seen anything post Bobby's death after it's first airing all those years ago.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  15. garry

garry Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +268
    I'd recommend you getting the Region 2 Dvd's for Seasons 11 and 12 as the picture quality is much better than the Region 1 set. The Warner Region 2 discs should play just fine in your Region 4 dvd player.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +4,983
    What's so funny is that she shot him with her usual dithery regret, just like she'd chosen the wrong side vegetable for dinner and won't Jock be upset.

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,159
    I have the whole show on DVD in the individual season releases. Some of them are double sided discs and some aren't and the they are all different releases of the seasons so the artwork/packaging isn't consistent. Even on first watch some of the double sided discs skipped and played funny for me which annoyed me. I imagine I'm going to have to buy the entire boxset again on single sided discs. Which is crazy as I already have the show, and I also have the individual Dynasty releases as well as an unopened Complete Dynasty boxset.
    For the love of Soap!

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  18. JRandSueEllenForever

JRandSueEllenForever Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +63
    For the LIFE of me I cannot understand why the most popular, influential worldwide TV series OF ALL TIME is not on Blu ray, loaded to the hilt with audio commentaries, deleted scenes, bloopers, documentaries, etc.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +4,983
    drama series

20. Swami

Swami Soap Chat Superstar

Message Count: