Dallas in the 90's

Discussion in 'Dallas Writers Room' started by Karin Schill, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,883
    Hi Everyone!

After many years of reading all the other talented writers fanfics on this board I've finally decided to share my first and only Dallas story with you all. :)

This is a story that I originally began writing back in 1994 together with my sister since we didn't like the ending of the original Dallas and wanted to write a better ending. But somehow we kept writing on this story for 20 years and eventually we made some changes and added new scenes to older episodes as we began typing it into the computer a couple of years ago.

This story is very special to us and we have decided to only post it here, so it will be exclusive to this posting board community. We hope you will respect our wishes and not repost our story anywhere else.

The story picks up 4 years after the original Dallas ended and everything that happened on the show is canon. But the reunion movies and Dallas TNT series never happened in this story. So you can consider this an alternative universe of what could have happened after the original Dallas. I hope you will enjoy reading this. :)

Oh and feedback is always appreciated.

Enough said, so let's move on to the story,

Take care,
    Love:
    Karin.

Dallas in the 90s.jpg

May 1995. Dallas, Texas, USA.

JR Ewing was an old fashioned Texan, a man who did whatever it took to protect his family, even if it meant taking the law into his own hands. He had been a powerful business man most of his life and he radiated an aura of power. He was quite successful too, even though some of his business methods were questionable. Yet he always excused every bad thing he did with that it was for the good of Ewing Oil, a company his father had built up and that his son one day would inherit. When he was younger he’d done everything he could to make his daddy proud of him in an attempt to earn his love and respect. In his need of his father’s approval he’d been greedy and hungry for power and success. After his father’s death he’d done everything he could to preserve the legacy for his son. In those days people used to fear him, as he could be ruthless, never caring who got hurt as long as he got what he wanted. Now however at age 56, the years had softened him some. His hair was grey and he’d lost some weight. But the main change wasn’t in his appearance but on the inside, as losing everything had forced JR to take one good hard look at his life.

Now when he knew the prize he’d paid for putting business first, he knew that some of the things he’d done in his past had been wrong. He was still an ambitious man who could be manipulative and selfish. Yet underneath his self-confident surface he could also be vulnerable and even insecure at heart. He could be brooding at times and he did have some regrets. Most of all he regretted having let the people he loved slip right through his fingers, since without his family his success in business didn’t mean much. So age had made him wiser in a sense. Not that he’d ever been dumb, as JR was an intelligent man who knew how to use his charm, wit, charisma and persuasive powers to get exactly what he wanted. He had a sharp tongue too and he could persuade pretty much any woman he set his eyes on to go to bed with him. Over the years he’d bedded so many women that he’d lost count of them. Yet they didn’t mean anything to him, as it was the chase that was important to JR. Once he’d had a woman he soon lost interest in her. Of course there had been one notable exception to that rule, as there was one woman who he had truly loved and lost.

JR looked around the busy room of the TV-studio, his blue eyes taking in the sight of the cameramen sitting behind their cameras, the microphones being rigged from the roof and the crewmembers running around trying to get the last minute details in order. Meanwhile he sat back comfortable in his armchair and threw a glance towards Roy Ralston, the TV-reporter who was going to interview him about Ewing Oil’s big oil strike in the middle east in a couple of minutes. Sitting here now, JR couldn’t help but remembering the last time when he’d been here. It was about 13 years ago and the only difference was that back then he’d still had his beautiful wife by his side. Thinking about Sue Ellen now he couldn’t help but smile a little, they had been pretty much newlyweds for the second time when that interview had taken place and he’d really wanted their marriage to work. But then of course he’d screwed everything up as he usually did with her. So sitting here now thinking of her and their 16 year old son, John Ross Ewing III who was all the way over in England, he couldn’t help but feeling a bit sad. Yet he didn’t really get that much time to think of the near and dear ones that had slipped through his fingers, as now the red lights went on, as the cameras started rolling and Roy started talking.

“Good morning Texas, this is Roy Ralston, live from Dallas. With me today in the studio is oil magnet Mr. JR Ewing who is here to talk about some of the hardships of his life,” Roy paused briefly and JR made a face, as he didn’t like the sound of the last sentence. Oh-uh, doesn’t sound like he’s interested in the oil, JR reflected and surely enough as Roy went on it became very obvious to JR what the man really wanted to talk about. “Mr. Ewing, what was it that made you try to commit suicide 4 years ago?” Roy asked bluntly.

JR had to grit his teeth very hard not to scream in annoyance, as this so wasn’t what he wanted to spend his morning talking about. Oh the boring son of a bitch has double crossed me. His mistake, I’ll make sure to make him pay for it. No one messes with JR Ewing... The thoughts rushed through his head and yet he never showed it, as he was a man who certainly knew how to keep a poker face.

“Well there were many reasons...” he started off saying, dodging the question before the thought of Sue Ellen and John Ross, suddenly prompted him to start reminisce. “I guess I was depressed and had had a bit too much to drink. I felt like everyone had abandoned me and that I didn’t have that much left to live for, no wife, no sons and Cliff Barnes had taken over my Daddy’s company. So I guess you could say that I was just at an ultimate low where my world had crumbled...” JR explained, quite surprised at his own statement, as he’d never expected himself to be so honest. “I guess I was just thinking too much about my past and the people...” JR suddenly stopped mid-sentence as he’d realized that this so wasn’t what he was supposed to talk about and especially not on TV. So therefore he just finished with his best grin. “And well I really don’t remember anything more. In fact that whole night is mostly just a blur so...”

“Oh come on Mr. Ewing, I surely do believe you remember more...”

“Well Roy, even if I did what makes you think I would wanna share it with you?” JR threw the man an annoyed glance. “Unlike you I happen to think that people today deserves a little respect and privacy...” he said, which earned him some applauds from the audience.

“Okay, so let’s talk about your business instead, because I assume Cliff Barnes doesn’t own your daddy’s company anymore?” Roy who knew he was beaten quickly changed the subject.

“Hell no!” JR shook his head. “My brother Bobby and I took back the company about two years ago, so Ewing Oil is back where it belongs, in the safe hands of us Ewings. Because let me tell you this, no one double crosses old JR and gets away with it,” he looked straight at Roy when he said it and knowing he’d brought the man there with false premises Roy could feel himself starting to get nervous. Because it was certain that the other man wasn’t just giving empty threats. No if JR Ewing threatened someone he did mean business.

“Well that’s good to know,” Roy laughed nervously, “which reminds me of the real reason I brought you here, to congratulate you on that big oil strike in the Middle East.”

“Well thank you Roy,” JR smiled, as he sized the other man up, trying to make up his mind as to whether he was worth going after or not. “That oil strike sure is good for Ewing Oil, it’s one of the biggest strikes in the Saudi Arabia and it will give us lots of new crude to refine.”

“That’s good to hear, so what does this oil mean for the average American?” Roy asked. “I know in the past Ewing Oil has been known to reduce the prize of gasoline, so any plans to do this again?”

“At the time no, still you’ve got one thing right, Ewing Oil does care for the little man and we do try our best to look after our employees,” JR grinned and Roy nodded like a fool. “In fact I think that’s our contribution to the Texans right now, to keep people employed.”

“Yeah employment is a good thing,” Roy agreed.

“Yeah and speaking of which, I do have an oil company to run. So as much as I’d love to stay and chat with you I need to get back to the office. We have a ton of work to do, and especially today with Bobby away on that business trip,” JR quickly finished the conversation and Roy concluded the segment by saying;

“And there we saw Mr. JR Ewing, now if you’ll stay tuned over our commercial break and we’ll be right back with a country music star that you surely don’t want to miss! Later.” Roy finished and JR then shook hands with the man and then decided not to go after the sleazy TV reporter after all before he left the studio with memories of Sue Ellen and John Ross still lingering on his mind...

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Mrs Bobby James Ewing Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +794
    Karin, I love your Dallas story already.:) I am so glad that you and your sister Jenny decided to share your Dallas in the 90's story with us on Soap Chat. :) I can't wait to read more of your story.:)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Honkytonkangel

Honkytonkangel Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +278
    Cool start. I love that JR let that little bit of honesty and vulnerability come through in the interview, even though the guy was still a bit of a shit for asking that question.
    It would've been kinda fun to see JR kick his arse, but it's cool that he sees that he's not really worth it.
    Can't wait to see where the story goes.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,883
    Thank you so much for your feedback. :)

Sanda, I'm glad that you love the story already. :)

Honkytonkangel, I loved reading your detailed feedback. :)

Also since you both wanted more here's the next scene:

Sue Ellen Ewing Lockwood kept walking back and forth on the patio that was facing the backyard of her London home. The Lockwood Estate was a typically English mansion, located in the posh Kingston-upon Thames area in the outskirts of London. The house had a brown brick and white stone façade with white windows and two English chimneys. There was a gravel path leading up to the mansion which was surrounded by a big yard with a well moved lawn. Sue Ellen had lived there for almost five years now and to begin with she’d been happy living in England. But unfortunately that was not the case anymore. Looking out over her garden with its swimming pool, tennis court, fish pond and lots of fruit trees she can’t help but wondering how she ended up here. It was a beautiful place and anyone should be happy to live here. But she was not and if she was honest with herself, she hadn’t been for a long time.

Sue Ellen was a tall, beautiful lady who was always gracious and well-dressed. Her longish blond hair was carefully styled and her nails were carefully manicured. She was a passionate woman who was ruled by her emotions and she was vulnerable. If you looked into her hazel eyes you’d see the sensitivity of her soul. Yet at the same time she was also a smart, independent business woman who had total control over herself. It had taken her many years to get here though, as in her 48 years she’d been through a lot. Most of it caused by having spent almost all her adult life being married to JR Ewing, since their marriage had mostly seemed like one big roller coaster ride with lots of ups and downs.

When she’d married JR she’d been a naïve 23 year old beauty queen who had been raised by her controlling Mama. A woman who was of the opinion that a woman’s only chance of moving up in life was by marrying rich. So she had fulfilled what was expected of her and found herself the perfect husband. To the outside world, JR had seemed like a catch and as she was a romantic at heart she’d fallen deeply in love with him. He had been her first love and at first everything had been wonderful. Her mother had taught her that a woman’s only duty was to be a good wife and a mother and she’d tried so hard to live up to that. On the surface they had had the perfect marriage and she’d been the perfect trophy wife. But underneath it all they’d been miserable. At first she hadn’t understood why, but then she’d finally seen him for the lying, cheating bastard that he was. He had broken her heart and scattered it into little pieces. Seeking comfort and revenge she’d gotten involved with other men. Each time she’d convinced herself that she loved her new lover, yet ultimately she’d always ended up hurt. Eventually she’d divorced JR, taking their young son with her, even if it had broken her own heart in the process. At first she’d thought that she could move on and be truly happy with another man, but in the end she’d returned to JR. In retrospect she could see that she might have cared deeply for the other men, but she’d never loved anyone else the same way that she loved JR. So she’d married him for the second time, only to have her heart broken all over again.

Not wanting to cope with the failure of her marriage she had turned to the bottle. Back then she used to blame JR for her alcoholism, but the years had made her wiser. She now knew that it was her problem and although he had worked as the trigger, he could not be held responsible for her actions. It was when she’d come to that realization that she’d learnt to stay sober. It was all about will power and today she was doing ok. She was remarried, her teenage son was living with her and she’d made a new life for herself on the other side of the world. But her marriages to JR had left her with a lot of scars. It had hardened her and made her stronger, but also made her bitter and guarded. She didn’t trust men as easily anymore and maybe that was a part of the problem that she and her new husband Don Lockwood were facing. They had been married for almost five years now so the honeymoon period of their marriage was most definitely over. She had met him while filming her first movie, which was based on her life with JR and unfortunately that very movie had turned into a cause of argument between them. Lately all they seemed to do was argue about that damn movie and so they were this afternoon.

“Oh come on Sue Ellen, let’s release the Ewing movie, I truly believe that’s our one chance to hit it real big at the box office!” Don Lockwood tried once again to persuade his wife into releasing the movie they had produced together almost 6 years ago.

Looking over towards her husband Sue Ellen could feel her blood boil with anger. He was such a typical Englishman with a morose look. When she’d first met him she’d found that cute, as she’d adored his dark curly hair, green eyes and cute dimples. But right now when they were involved in yet another intense argument she didn’t find it that cute anymore. “No Don!” She said firmly. “I’ve given it a lot of consideration and I’ve come to realize that the movie doesn’t only make an asshole out of JR, it makes me look bad as well not to mention the rest of the Ewings and...”
    “Yeah but wasn’t that the point?” Don cut her off. “I mean you wanted them to look bad and besides you were the one who wanted to make this movie,” Don reminded her.

“I know that,” Sue Ellen sneered, as she didn’t like being reminded of the obvious. “But that was just to get back at JR and as sweet as the taste of revenge might be I really can’t go through with it anymore.”

“But why not?” Don whined. “Don’t you see that this is our one shot at getting unbelievably rich?”

Seeing the greed reflecting in his green eyes made Sue Ellen frown in disgust as she wondered just when Don had gotten so obsessed with money, as he seemed to be now. “I am already rich!” Sue Ellen reminded him. “Besides I know better than anyone that money can’t buy you the things that are most important in life, like true happiness for instance. You can have all that money and still not be happy. I know for sure as I’ve been there, being married to JR put me on top of the social elite, you know?”

“Yeah, yeah I know,” Don sighed, as he really hated hearing about the all mighty JR Ewing. Because no matter how many years he and Sue Ellen had been married he still couldn’t shake the feeling of being inferior whenever her ex-husband was mentioned. His wife didn’t seem to notice his feelings though, as she happily kept talking about her past.

“It’s funny, I remember how I had everything I’d ever wanted, I was the president of the daughters of the Alamo, had the most wonderful home, JR always got me expensive gifts, cars, jewelry, nice clothes and yet it was like there was a piece of me always missing...”

“Yeah, I know that, still the reason you weren’t happy then was because you were married to the wrong man and well I know that some money would do me good and...”

“No Don! Like I’ve said, money’s not worth it,” Sue Ellen insisted. “All that movie would do is make me look like a fool.”

“Oh come on Sue Ellen, it wouldn’t, if anything it makes you look like a victim,” Don said softly. “JR on the other hand looks like a fool, as he had a great wife like you and he let you go...”

“Thanks,” Sue Ellen smiled before going on. “Still it wouldn’t be worth it. I mean as much as I’ve hated JR and wanted to make him pay for everything he’d put me through, I’m not ready for the whole world to know that I was a drunk and as for JR. He is still John Ross’ father and the relationship between them has already been strained during the past couple of years so I wouldn’t want to add to that. Then there is Miss Ellie to consider and Bobby and…” Sue Ellen hesitated for a moment, “well even JR...”

“JR?” Don asked puzzled.

“Yeah I guess time has worked its magic, I don’t hate him anymore and thinking about him doesn’t hurt the way it used to. So I guess that I’m just over him and then it’s better to leave the past in the past where it belongs rather than...”

The phone interrupted her before she had a chance to finish. Sue Ellen and Don exchanged a glance before Don picked it up and after listening for a while his face went grim and he handed the phone over to Sue Ellen with the words, “Speaking of the devil...its JR for you.”

“JR?” Sue Ellen echoed. It was silly but just saying his name made her heart skip a beat in her chest. “I wonder what he wants?” Sue Ellen mumbled puzzled, as she walked up to the phone, answering it, “Sue Ellen here.”

“Hello Darling, how good to hear your voice,” JR greeted her. “It’s been too long since we last were in touch, don’t you think?”

Hearing his voice on the line Sue Ellen immediately knew that what she’d just told Don was a lie. Damn! That man sure got a way with words, I wonder if I’ll ever get completely over him? Sue Ellen reflected, as it did feel good to hear his voice again. Yet rather than to let JR know that, she tried her best to keep up her walls of defense. “JR, you have no right to talk to me like that. I’m not your darling anymore and I thought I’ve made myself perfectly clear that we have nothing to talk to each other about.”

“Oh come on darling, why so hostile?” He tried to get through to her. “You make it sound like you hate me or something and you don’t really have anything against ol’ JR, do you?”

“What do you want?” Sue Ellen remained calm, as she wouldn’t let herself fall for his poor me act again.

“Are you forgetting that you have the custody of my son?” JR reminded her. “I want to talk to him of course, I just figured I’d be polite to you first, but if I’d known you’d be like this I wouldn’t even have bothered.”

“That’s the JR I know, as charming as ever,” Sue Ellen said sarcastically.

“So can you put John Ross on?” JR asked. “Because I do have the right to talk to my own son...”

Our son JR,” she reminded him. “Hold on, I’ll see if he wants to talk to you.” Sue Ellen then left the phone and went indoors to find her son.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Honkytonkangel

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +278
    Loved that Sue Ellen stood her ground over the movie. I liked Don in the series but he's being a bit of a dick here. Also loved how Sue Ellen first reacted to hearing JR on the phone and how he tried to charm her.
    Why'd he have to get sarcastic and ruin it LOL.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,883
    Thank you Honkytonkangel for your feedback. :)
    I grew to like Don as I re-watched the show. But I didn't like him much the first time around which is probably why he comes across as a bigger jerk than usual in the beginning of this story. lol

Anyway here's another part:

John Ross Ewing sat in his room upstairs, doing his homework. He was a handsome boy who had been gifted with his father’s intelligence, ambition, charm and persuasive powers and his mother’s sensitivity, passion and sense of romance. The combination had been devastating for the many girls whose hearts he’d already been breaking. Yet he never had any trouble finding new girls who wanted him, as he radiated self-confidence and pride. He might be a player at times, but when he was really in love with someone he loved deeply, giving everything to the other person. At age 16 he’d already had a couple of serious girlfriends and he was experienced in the bedroom. But unlike his parents he wasn’t one to cheat. Maybe it was because he had experienced firsthand what that could do to a relationship. Being caught in the middle of his parents’ messy divorces had left some scars and he found it hard to be happy because there was always a void inside of him that was created by his unstable upbringing. Having to choose between his parents had caused him his share of heart-ache, since he loved them both and didn’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings. When he was younger he’d hero-worshipped his daddy, who he had looked up to. But then his daddy had let him down. So now he had been living with his mama for the past four years. He felt very protective of her and he hated to see her hurt.

John Ross pulled a stray of his light brown hair away from his blue green eyes as he tried his best to focus on his homework. But no matter how hard he tried he couldn’t shut out the sound of loud voices coming from the back yard, where his mother and step-dad were involved in yet another heavy argument. Those had been happening all too often lately and even though John Ross had never cared much for Don Lockwood and would welcome a split between them, the idea of the other man treating his Mama badly was enough to get the troubled teen in a very pissed off mood. Oh why don’t they shut up already? John Ross sighed. Then the loud voices suddenly stopped and John Ross finally got a moment to focus on his homework. But he didn’t get far before his Mama suddenly walked into his room, saying, “John Ross, your daddy’s on the phone. Do you want to talk to him?”

“Daddy?” John Ross sounded surprised, as he hadn’t even heard the phone ringing. “How weird of him to call, I thought he’d be too busy to care about me…”

“So you don’t want to talk to him then?” Sue Ellen asked. “Because well he is your father and just because we don’t get along there’s no reason for you to...”

“I know Mama and you don’t have to give me the he has the right to talk to you speech. I’m way past being pissed at daddy for spending all his time with James and Jimmy.”

“I know that honey, it’s just that you and JR hasn’t exactly been close in the last couple of years so I was just thinking that...”

“Well you thought wrong, because I’d love to talk to dad.”

“Okay I’m glad to hear that so well he's waiting for you on the line. I picked it up on the phone out on the porch.”

“Get real! You can’t expect me to take the call out there.”

“Why not?”

“Hello, do I look like I want to listen to you and Don quarrelling again?” John Ross asked sarcastically. “No thanks, I’ll take it here, okay?”

“Okay,” Sue Ellen nodded, even though she didn’t really like what she was hearing. Still she didn’t let her son see that but simply left the room to give her son some privacy to talk to his dad.

John Ross then picked up the phone with the words, “Hi Daddy, it’s me John Ross!”

“Hi son, how are you today then?” JR asked.

“I’m fine, but what do you care?”

“What do you mean son, of course I care.”

“Really?” John Ross quipped. “Because it’s not like you’ve shown a lot of interest in me lately. I mean you could have visited me more often or at least called more often dad!”

Hearing his son’s accusation JR did feel a bit guilty, as it was true. He hadn’t exactly been known to visit his boy as often as he should. It was just that after that last trip to England and his run in with Don Lockwood’s fists it wasn’t like he particularly wanted to go there again. Maybe he’d deserved it though, as he had been nasty to the other man. Still he had good reason to be, as JR considered Don his rival since he had Sue Ellen and seeing them together was enough to make his stomach cringe. It made him feel jealous and possessive and he hated the whole situation of his Sue Ellen married to another man when she should have been with him and John Ross at Southfork. However not wanting to explain it all to his son he simply excused himself by saying, “I’m sorry son, I guess I’ve just been tied up at work.”

“And with visiting James and Jimmy I guess...” John Ross threw in his face, a bit surprised at his own anger, as he’d sworn that he’d been over that. Yet maybe it was something about having to share his father with an older brother, who suddenly moved in and took over everything he’d always been promised all his life that was a bit hard to swallow.

“Well not really, I haven’t really seen that much of them since that dreadful Debra Lynn showed up and they moved out. I guess she never did like me much and she got James wrapped around her little finger that damned woman.” JR said and Sue Ellen who had arrived back on the porch to hang up the phone accidentally overheard them. She knew that she should put down the phone but the temptation to eavesdrop was just too great.

“Oh okay, so I guess that means they aren’t visiting you?”

“Well they do visit, but not that often really and funny thing is that it doesn’t really bother me that much. I don’t miss them as much as I thought I would. You on the other hand John Ross, I miss you every day.”

“You do?” John Ross sounded surprised.

“I do, because you know you are my son in ways James aren’t John Ross,” JR said affectionately.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean that you and I are a lot closer because I got to watch you grow up and we’ve had all these years together where we shared things,” JR explained. “I got to take you to the park, teach you how to hunt, take you to the office when you were a toddler who barely even talked and you were the apple of your grandpa’s eyes. You should have seen the look on his face the day you were born. He was the proudest man I ever did see.” JR said and Sue Ellen could feel something tug at her heart, as she was reminded of what a great father JR had been. Knowing that she really didn’t need to hear this and that she should show her son more respect than this, she then reluctantly hung up the phone and therefore she didn’t hear the rest of the conversation between father and son.

“I know you’ve told me before,” John Ross smiled. “It’s funny because even though I don’t really remember grandpa Ewing that well I do remember how I loved sitting in his chair. Because that chair always put you in the center of attention...”

“It does, just too bad that idiot Farlow is occupying it these days though.”

“Hey what’s wrong with grandpa Farlow?” John Ross questioned and JR felt like he should have held his tongue. Because no matter of his own differences with his step-dad, his son did love him like if he had been his own grandpa.

“Not much, he does keep Mama happy. It’s just that no one can take Daddy’s place.”

“Of course I know that...”

“Just like no one can take yours John Ross. Even if James had been living here he could never be you John Ross and let me tell you boy that Southfork sure has been empty without you. In fact John Ross don’t you think it’s about time for you to return to Southfork?”

“Um...you mean for a visit?”

“No for good. I mean you know Christopher still lives here and he misses you. You guys used to be like brothers and you could be again. Then there is grandma and grandpa Farlow and Uncle Bobby and me of course. We all love you and miss you and when you think about it John Ross, I think you do know deep down that you miss us too, because you belong here at Southfork with us...”

“Well I do miss you. I can give you that much and sometimes I miss Southfork and good ol’ Texas and all my friends too...”

“So then it’s decided, you will move back home again?”

“Well I don’t know...” John Ross hesitated. “I mean Mama does want me to live here in England with her and she cares about me. She’s always loved me so I don’t feel good turning my back on her, especially not now when she and Don are having so much trouble...”

“Oh really, they are having problems, huh?” JR smiled to himself, as a plan started to form in his head.

“Yeah,” John Ross confirmed.

“Well I appreciate the fact that you look after your Mama when she’s having a hard time. Still I do want you at Southfork and you have to think about yourself too, you’ve grown up at Southfork and you do miss us, so why don’t you at least come home for a visit?” JR said persuasively. “I mean to live in England can’t be all that fun, can it?”

“Honestly?” John Ross replied. “No it’s not. It kind of sucks even, it’s rainy almost all the time, school’s not even out for the summer until next month, while if I had lived in the states, I would have been well into my summer holidays by now. Then there’s the people who are sort of, talking with a funny accent and I don’t know...I guess a lot of them are just like Don.”

“Well there you’ll see it’s a done deal, you need to come back to Southfork for a while and remember what it’s like being surrounded by your family and other nice good ol’ Americans.”

“Maybe, but aren’t there any women living at Southfork now then?” John Ross asked, as he wasn’t particularly longing to bond with whatever woman his dad might be together with.

“Well unless you count your grandma or cousin Lucy, no. There’s no one that important in my life right now or in Bobby’s...” JR told him. “I guess he’s still mourning April’s death and as for me, I guess after Cally left me I’ve realized what kind of woman I need and that is your Mama John Ross. I’ve missed her lots lately and well if she and Don really are having problems maybe you can persuade her into coming with you for a visit?” JR suggested. “You know she is sort of friends with Clayton and grandma would surely be happy to see her too.”

“Okay I’ll try to talk her into it, but I can’t guarantee that she’ll agree.”

“Of course not, still I’d love for you to come here. You belong at Southfork, both of you but don’t tell your mama that I’ve said that.”

“Sure, I won’t, bye daddy.”

“Bye son and think about what I’ve told you. If you’ll convince your mama to go here, it could be you, me and your mama all together at Southfork again, just like in the good old days. Just think about it John Ross and you’ll know what to do. Just think about it,” JR reminded his son before he hung up, grinning to himself as the conversation had gone above his expectation, as hearing that Sue Ellen and Don were having problems sure was sweet.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Miss Texas 1967

Miss Texas 1967 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +446
    Interesting story so far. I'm pleased to hear there's a lot more to come. I love long stories :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +794
    Great updates Karin! :) I feel bad for Sue Ellen and John Ross having to deal with Don Lockwood full time. :(I can't wait for JR, Sue Ellen, and John Ross to be reunited in your story you are writing with your sister Jenny. :)

• Like Like x 3
  9. Honkytonkangel

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +278
    I'm happy John Ross talked to JR, but not too impressed that JR is putting pressure on him to go back to Southfork ( I hate when JR acts like Jock LOL).
    And I don't like the idea of them scheming against Sue Ellen either. If JR really does love and miss her he should try being honest.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,883
    Thanks for the feedback everyone and for the likes Sassy. :)

Miss Texas 1967, I'm glad that you found the start interesting and that you love long stories since this is just the very beginning. In fact the entire first episode just presents the characters and build up for things to come... ;)

Sanda, I am glad that you're looking forward to when JR, Sue Ellen and John Ross are reunited. It will happen. :)
    I have a feeling that Don is a better husband than he is step-father as he doesn't seem that comfortable around kids. Like on the show when he first met John Ross. I found that scene hilarious for some reason. lol

Honkytonkangel, well you know what they say, the apple doesn't fall very far from the tree and in some ways JR is Jock's son. But I agree it's not very fair of him to put pressure on John Ross as the boy is constantly caught in the middle of his parents. Then as for JR/SE. I don't think this is the time to be honest with her since if he was he would scare her away. He needs to lure her back to Southfork before he can tell her that.

Then finally here's another update and well in my opinion Dallas is really about a family. So even though JR, Sue Ellen & John Ross are main characters in this story it's not all about them. Because just like on the show there are more main characters that makes Dallas into what it is. So now it's time to catch up with Bobby...

Bobby Ewing was your typical American hero, a man who would risk his life to save the people he loved. There was nothing that he wouldn’t do to protect his family. He was a nice guy who was ambitious, hard-working, honest, charming, romantic and loyal. He was also a successful business man known for cutting fair deals. He was tall, good-looking and athletic. At age 46 he was still handsome even through his black hair had gotten some grey strays, in particularly around the temples and his hazel eyes were troubled. Those eyes seemed to mirror the unhappiness of his soul that had been caused from loving very deeply and then losing the one person who he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. He rarely thought of Pam these days, maybe it was because it hurt too much. There was nothing he wouldn’t have done for that woman. Despite having to deal with the family feud, two miscarriages, Pam’s psychological breakdown and the sorrow of not being able to have biological kids he had spent the happiest years of his life with her. They had been married for 8 years all together and they had loved each other passionately. Their marriage had been intense and full of ups and downs but there had also been a lot of laughter and fun times together. For better and worse they had stood by each other and supported and cherished each other. There had been problems, arguments and misunderstandings but they had talked everything through and grown stronger from them. They had been a family too, as they’d adopted a son that they had raised together.

Back then he’d been carefree and happy. But then life had dealt him blow after blow. First Pam had abandoned him and their son Christopher. He’d thought he’d never find love again but then he’d fallen for April. They had gotten married, but before they even got a chance to begin their life together his second wife had been kidnapped and murdered on their honeymoon. After helplessly watching April being gunned down to die in his arms, he’d turned colder. He was angry at life for being so unfair. Gone was the humorous side from his youth, as it had been replaced with bitterness. These days the most important thing in his life was his son and his work. He also cared deeply for his mama and his brothers. But there was no significant woman in his life. He’d just been burned too badly to take a chance on getting involved again. So therefore it was just easier to shut everything up inside and bury his emotions underneath a lot of work. It was an ambition that he shared with his brother too, as the two of them had vowed to make Ewing Oil bigger and better than ever before, so they had a real legacy to one day hand over to their sons. So in order to achieve that goal it didn’t really matter if he had to go on the occasional business trip, like the one he was on right now.

Bobby threw a glance at his watch, as he rushed through the busy streets of Los Angeles. Shit I’m late, he cursed silently to himself. He knew that he had a very important business meeting ahead of him that he just couldn’t afford to miss, because if he’d lose that deal JR would get really disappointed. It was funny really as five years ago after April’s death he’d been ready to throw in the towel on the oil business all together, but now his work helped him keep going. Back then he had felt like his work didn’t mean a thing with his beloved wife dead and gone. Seeing April being shot down had effectively killed all his hopes for the future and dreams of giving Christopher a little brother or sister to play with had died with her.

Sure some might argue that he already had Lucas, who was the son his first love Jenna Wade, had bore him. But since Bobby hadn’t seen his son or Jenna in years Lucas did feel more like his brother Ray’s son than his own. Sometimes he regretted that, as he would have loved to be a part of Lucas life and watch him grow up. But knowing how much pressure that would put on Jenna & Ray’s marriage he’d done the noble thing and backed off. So well with Lucas out of his life and April gone and dead, Bobby had done the best of the situation and laid all his love on Christopher instead, as well as focusing some of his energy on working the ranch. Sure he’d dated occasionally, but no woman could ever fill the void April had left in his life and after a while he’d gotten bored with it all.

So when JR had come to him two years ago with a business proposal that enabled them to take over Ewing Oil from Cliff Barnes, Bobby had practically jumped at the opportunity. It was weird but he had really missed the oil business and today he did enjoy his work as much as ever even though his personal life could have been more satisfying. Thinking about it all as he ran down the busy streets of Los Angeles, he didn’t really look where he was going and all of a sudden he came to an abrupt stop as he bumped into someone who was walking in the other direction. It was a woman and as she lost her balance when they collided he had to grab hold of her to keep her from falling. “Oh I’m sorry it was all my fault I...” Holding her in his arms, as he started to apologize, a sudden sense of déjà vu washed over him.

“No it’s okay Bobby, I was just...” the woman started talking and it was something about hearing her voice saying his name in that way that made every inch of his body tense, as the pieces of why she felt so familiar in his arms all clicked into place. So when she finally looked up he wasn’t surprised to find himself looking into a pair of big brown eyes that he would have recognized anywhere. It was no doubt about it. The woman in his arms was undeniably Pamela Barnes Ewing, his long estranged ex. wife and also the love of his life, whom he hadn’t seen since she walked out of him and their son 8 years ago...

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    • Like Like x 6
  11. Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +794
    Great update Karin. :)I am so happy that Bobby bumped into Pam on a busy street in Los Angeles on his way to a meeting for Ewing Oil. :) Please update your story again soon because I can't wait to find out where Pam has been all of this time while she has been away from Dallas, Bobby, Christopher, Cliff, and the rest of the Ewing family. :)

• Like Like x 3
  12. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,883
    Thanks Sanda. I had a feeling you would enjoy the Bobby & Pam part of the story too. :)

Here's another update:

Pamela Barnes Ewing felt like a deer caught in headlights. She’d never expected to be confronted with her old life like this and now when she was, she was in shock. Her legs felt weak and if he hadn’t been holding her she might have fainted. Staring at Bobby like if she’d seen a ghost she could feel her heart starting to beat faster, as a wave of conflicting emotions washed over her. She was happy, she was excited and she was nervous and terrified all at the same time. Sure she’d often dreamt about Bobby and Christopher and what could have been, if only that accident hadn’t changed her life. She now knew that she’d made a terrible mistake when she’d left them and there were times when she’d thought about returning home to Southfork again. Yet she’d never had the nerve to since she still loved Bobby and Christopher with all her heart and she was afraid of returning only to find out that they had moved on. She knew it would hurt her deeply if her son had forgotten all about her. Because of the way she’d left them she was also scared of what Bobby’s reaction might be. She was afraid that he wouldn’t listen to her, wouldn’t believe her and wouldn’t love her anymore.

Pam didn’t deal well with rejection, having been abandoned by her mother as a young child had left her feeling insecure and unsure if she really deserved to be loved. She’d grown up with a drunk for a father and her older brother Cliff as her only ally and it had forced her to become strong. When she’d met Bobby she’d been independent, tough and smart. The years she’d spent together with him had softened her, as she no longer needed to be strong when she had him to lean on. For the first time in her life she’d felt truly loved, safe and happy. Yet being a wife and a mother wasn’t enough for her. She also needed a career to feel totally fulfilled and after trying out her hand working at the store and running an aerobic place she’d gotten into the oil business working together with her brother Cliff. She’d been a woman in a man’s world and she’d used her charm and her beauty to land many profitable deals. Yet she’d never mixed business with pleasure, as she had more self-respect than that. Besides she loved Bobby so she wouldn’t cheat on him. Sometimes she felt like she wasn’t good enough for him. Yet through all the crap she’d put him through he had stood by her and loved her all the same. They had been so happy then and yet after the accident that almost took her life she’d thrown it all away without ever looking back.

Knowing the pain her mother had caused her and knowing that she’d done the same to her own son, made her feel guilty and Pam hated feeling like this. So she had done the only sane thing she could do. She had burnt the bridges to her past and moved on, creating a new life for herself here in Los Angles. Her new life wasn’t perfect but there was someone in her life that brought her happiness and up until now she’d thought that was enough. Now standing there before the man she still loved desperately, she knew that she’d been wrong, as a part of her had been missing all these years.

Bobby stared as in hypnosis at the woman who was standing before him and he found himself stunned by how beautiful she still was. Her hair was dark brown and quite long, with a bang, framing her face nicely. After the accident she had been burnt to an unrecognizable package, and now she still looked so much like herself that it became obvious to him that those plastic surgeons sure knew what they had been doing when they had restored her face. It had been almost 8 years since she’d escaped from the hospital and left him and their son Christopher. She had been his wife and the love of his life and yet he hadn’t thought about her in weeks, as time had made him accept the fact that she had divorced him and that he’d never get to see her again. Then just like lightning from a clear blue sky there she suddenly was.

“Pam?” Bobby’s voice sounded raspy with emotions, as her name came over his lips. “It’s you Pam! It’s really you!” he then added in excitement, as he just couldn’t believe it.

“Yes Bobby, it’s me!” Pam whispered emotionally, as she felt her heart skipping beats. Seeing Bobby standing there right before her, she felt like she’d moved back in time. Looking into his hazel brown eyes that were looking at her in amazement, she once again wondered where in the world she’d ever found the strength to leave him in the first place.

“Oh Pam, I...” Bobby spontaneously hugged her tightly in pure joy of seeing her. Being in his embrace again felt so good and they both had tears in their eyes when they finally let go. “Um...I’m sorry...didn’t mean to just um...hug you like that...” he then mumbled, as the shock of seeing her started to wear off and he started to feel a bit weird about the whole thing.

“No it’s okay...it is good to see you too,” Pam smiled reassuringly.

Her smile put Bobby at ease, “It really is, especially since I never thought that I’d ever see you again...and well here you are, alive and well...” Bobby said, as he eyed her up and down.

“Yeah it really has been some years since the last time I saw you at the hospital and even then things were never the same...” Pam had to blink back some tears, as she once again came to think of the hard time after her accident. Leaving him and their 6-year-old son behind had been the hardest thing she’d ever done in her life and thinking about it now made her wonder again if it even had been the right decision. “How’s Christopher?”

“He’s...just fine,” Bobby replied, a bit surprised by the question, even though he shouldn’t be, as Pam had always been concerned about their son in the past. “He’s at home at Southfork...”

“Oh yeah, and how’s everything at Southfork now-days?”

“Good actually, Mama and Clayton will return from their vacation to the Caribbean in the next couple of days and well I’m not sure where Lucy is at the moment. She’s at another one of her vacations and lord knows when she’ll be back. ”

“I didn’t know that Lucy likes to travel.”

“Well she does,” Bobby smiled. “And so does Mama and Clayton!”

Pam raised an eyebrow in surprise, “Really?”

“Yeah in the last couple of years they’ve been travelling all over the world on different cruises and such, so most of the times it’s just been me, JR and Christopher at Southfork.”

“Oh and John Ross?” Pam wondered.

“He’s over in England...” Bobby explained and seeing the surprise on Pam’s face he went on. “Sue Ellen divorced JR and married an Englishman.”

“Ah okay, I guess that’s to be expected, I mean she ought to have a medal for putting up with him as long as she did...”

“Maybe...” Bobby agreed before he went on. “Anyway how are you?”

“Actually I’m fine...which might be a surprise considering how I was when I left. But the doctors say that I’ve made a complete recovery.”

“That’s good,” Bobby nodded.

“It is...” Pam agreed.

Bobby threw a glance at his watch only to notice that he was even later for his meeting. Only weird thing was that all of a sudden it didn’t seem that important anymore, “Anyway, I’m on my way to a business meeting but if you’d like, maybe I could cancel it and buy you a drink instead?” Bobby suggested, as he really didn’t want to let Pam out of his sight again now when he’d finally found her.

“I’d like that very much,” Pam agreed to his relief. She then added with a smile, “I think you and I have a lot of things to talk about.”

“Yes I believe we do. Eight years is a lot of years to catch up on,” Bobby said and Pam nodded in agreement before they walked away with their arms firmly wrapped around each other’s backs. It was almost like old times and yet so much had changed since then...

• Like Like x 7
  13. pd fan

pd fan Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +684
    I love your story Karin schill :10 ; I really enjoyed to read it ;it's a great story and I' m waiting your next chapter with haste ; thanks to share with us and keep on doing ; we love it :fantastic:

• Like Like x 4
  14. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,883
    Thank you Silvie. I am glad that you think it's a great story so far. :)

Our next update brings us back to Southfork...

The white ranch house, was standing proudly in the middle of nowhere, as it was surrounded by over 100 000 acres of farmland with nothing but cattle on it. In the middle of the land there was a lake and a river. Except for that there was nothing but wide grassy plains as far as the eye could reach. The ranch was located in the county of Braddock in Texas, with just about half an hour drive into downtown Dallas. In the otherwise metropolitan area around Dallas, Southfork Ranch represented a haven of tranquility, a place where cows, bulls and calves were still being moved from one section to another by cowboys on horses, much in the same way as they had been ever since Enoch Southworth had first bought the place in the 1850s. It has since then been passed down to his son Aaron before going to his granddaughter Eleanor. Today it was the home of her family, the mighty Ewing family. They had modified the place and built a bigger more modern ranch house with a swimming pool, basket ball court, stables and a bunch of paddocks where their horses could graze. Yet it was still a beautiful place, where the land has been left pretty much untouched, despite the massive riches of oil resting underneath section 40. That oil would never be pumped, as it would destroy the land. Yet ironically oil was the very thing that had saved the ranch from going bankrupt in the 1930s, as it was the money Jock Ewing had made from the oil business that helped preserve the land the way it was and keep the ranch in the family. But that was of course something that the youngest generation of Ewings rarely ever thought of, as to them it was unthinkable to live anywhere else but at Southfork.

Thirteen years old Christopher Ewing was out playing by himself in the swimming pool at Southfork. He was a good looking boy, with brown hair and blue eyes. He was still quite short as boys his age often were and he was athletic. He loved playing football and his dream was to follow in his father’s footsteps and play college football one day. He was a great kid who was nice, friendly, clever and obedient. He was mature for his age too, as he was used to spending most of his spare time with adults. But he was also lonely. Sometimes he missed the days when his cousin John Ross still used to live at the ranch. John Ross had been more than just a cousin to Christopher as they had been close like brothers. They could get into silly fights and be competitive and sometimes he’d sure gone on Christopher’s nerves. But John Ross was also someone who Chris looked up to and who could be protective when other kids picked on him. They would always stick together when it mattered and he was in many ways the older brother that Chris had never had. They still kept in touch through e-mails and phone calls but they didn’t get to see each other more than once a year. So in the past four years they had grown apart. It just wasn’t the same as back when they were kids and used to live together.

Sometimes Christopher missed those days. Occasionally he missed his mother too, even though he hated to admit it, as he had now lived more than half his life without her. As far as his father was concerned she was definitely a closed book. So as the years passed by Chris had thought of her less and less and he didn’t miss her as much as he had when he was a kid. Since his dad and he did ok without her. They were father and son team and Christopher surely worshipped his father. In his eyes there was no better man. He loved spending time with his father, just the two of them, whether they were hunting, fishing, working the ranch or just out riding it always made him happy. So all things considered Christopher knew that he could consider himself lucky to have Bobby as his father and to be a part of the Ewing family. Yet it was a privilege that Christopher never took for granted, since he was well aware of that he was adopted. Sometimes that made him feel like he had to prove himself to be worthy of the Ewing name. Christopher dove into the swimming pool again when a white pickup truck suddenly pulled up on the driveway and stopped.

Out of the pickup truck came a good ol’ fashioned cowboy, with grayish hair, blue eyes, big boots, blue jeans, big belt buckle, patterned shirt and a white cowboy hat on his head. It was Raymond Krebbs who had returned home to the ranch after living abroad for seven years. Just like his nephew Christopher, Ray was someone who felt like he had to work hard to prove himself worthy of being a Ewing. Being Jock’s bastard son, born to a nurse, who Jock had an affair with during the Second World War, Ray always felt a bit like an outsider in the Ewing family. Unlike his brothers his last name wasn’t even Ewing, as Ray had grown up thinking that Amos Krebbs was his father. Amos had been a mean drunk who his mother had married to avoid the scandal of being an unwed mother. It wasn’t the best decision his mother had ever made. Margaret Krebbs had been a strong woman who had dotted on her only son. She had been selfless, patient, compassionate and kind. But unfortunately she had gotten ill and died when Ray was 15. Right before she had died she’d made arrangements for Ray to be sent to Southfork after her death. So he had first come to the ranch at the age of 15, but not to be accepted into his father’s family, but to work as a ranch hand. So Ray had to work hard to earn the Ewing’s respect. It wasn’t until many years later when he was well into his 30s that he’d finally found out that Jock was indeed his father. Jock had been great about the whole thing and welcomed him into the family. But Ray hadn’t had much time to establish a father-son relationship with him, as his father had been taken from him about a year later, when Jock was killed in a helicopter crash in South America. Ray had reacted to the news with anger. Feeling cheated out of all the years he could have spent with his father he’d set out on a self-destructive path. It was only his brother Bobby’s influence and his wife Donna’s blind faith in him that had stopped him from losing everything that mattered to him.

Donna had been one of the best things that had ever happened to Ray. Yet people never understood what she’d been doing with him as on the surface she was someone who was his complete opposite. If Ray was proud, stubborn, hot-tempered, down to earth, self-destructive, insecure, hard working and not afraid of getting his hands dirty or work out his aggressions in a good old fashioned fist fight. Donna was a real lady who was intelligent, supportive, patient, strong, driven, confident and an eloquent speaker. She was also a bestselling author and a born leader. But Ray knew that despite all these differences underneath the surface they were more alike than one could imagine. Since Donna too was someone who had lost her parents at an early age. Underneath her calm surface she too could have outburst of anger and be just as proud and stubborn as he was. Yes the Donna he’d fallen in love with, was fiercely loyal and she wasn’t above using her fists, if it meant telling some blond bimbo to stay away from her man. She’d had more faith in him than anybody he had ever known and they’d loved each other passionately. Yet it couldn’t last, after five years of a rocky marriage they had grown apart and not even expecting a baby together had been enough to keep the marriage together. After six years they had divorced formally and Donna had moved to Washington D.C. before their daughter Margaret had even been born. It had left him lonely and hurt.

Not that he had to be lonely for very long though, as he’d soon found himself a new family, as he’d fallen in love with his brother Bobby’s first love Jenna Wade. Jenna and he had been friends for four years before they had fallen in love. It wasn’t something they had ever planned or thought would happen but the relationship had progressed naturally. Within a year after he’d divorced Donna, he had gotten married to Jenna, which meant that he’d become a step-dad to her teenage daughter Charlie and a father to his nephew Lucas. Since Lucas didn’t know that Bobby was in fact his real father, Lucas was the only son Ray had ever had. When he’d married Jenna 7 and a half years ago all he wanted was a family that he could live happily ever after with. But the marriage had been rocky from the start, as Charlie hadn’t accepted him as a father and had opposed to his attempts at parenting her. Then there was Bobby who Jenna secretly pined over when she thought he didn’t notice. Feeling like their marriage didn’t stand a chance living so close to the Ewing’s they had moved across the world to start over in Europe.

For a while things had been great, they had set up home in Italy and had built a vacation home in Switzerland. Charlie had moved out to go to college and he, Jenna and little Lucas had been a family. They had been so happy together that Ray didn’t even mind not being able to work the ranch at first. But then things had started to fall apart. Maybe a part of the problem was that they were so different. Ray was a man who had had to work hard for everything he had in life, whereas Jenna had grown up rich and was a former jet-setter who was well-travelled, cosmopolitan, fashionable, sophisticated, intelligent, sensitive, gracious, soft-spoken, loyal and kind. So unlike his wife, who had loved setting up a little fashion boutique in Italy, Ray didn’t feel like he belonged in Europe. As the years had passed by he’d started to miss the USA more and more so eventually he just couldn’t stand it anymore. Knowing that he just had to get back to his roots he’d hopped on a plane and travelled back to Dallas. He hadn’t even called ahead and warned them that he was coming, as he didn’t want them to talk him out of his decision of coming back home.

“RAY?” Christopher was surprised to see his uncle Ray, as his dad hadn’t mention anything about him coming. Yet he was happy to see him. “Hi Uncle Ray!” Christopher smiled happily and rushed out of the pool to give the man a big hug.

“Oh hi there Christopher,” Ray laughed and hugged him back even though the boy was dripping wet. “Gosh you’ve certainly grown!” Ray smiled, as it occurred to him that he hadn’t been much older than Christopher, when he’d first come to the ranch.

“Why do you grownups always say that?” Christopher made a face, as he just like any other child really didn’t like to hear how grown up’s constantly commented on how much he’d grown since the last time they’d seen him.

“Because it’s true,” Ray insisted, before he went on, “So is your daddy at home?”

“No I’m sorry, he’s away on a business trip in Los Angeles so it’s just me and uncle JR at home.”

Ray frowned displeased, “Uncle JR, huh?”

Noticing the uneasiness in Ray’s face Christopher hurried to go on, “But please stay anyway, grandma and Clayton will be back any day now and they’ll never forgive me if I’ll let you get away before then!”

“Sure I’ll stay,” Ray smiled, “even though it sure won’t be easy to put up with JR.”

“Why not?” Christopher asked puzzled. “I mean uncle JR has always been real nice to me and now he’s promised that John Ross will be back here soon”

“Oh he has, has he?” Ray commented. “And what do you think about that?”

“I think it’s great, John Ross and I have always gotten along real good and we still keep in touch by e-mail and phone calls,” Christopher beamed.

“That’s good.”

“Yeah it is, so what brings you back to Southfork?”

“Well...it’s a long story,” Ray sighed.

“Must be, since you do look a bit down,” Christopher commented. “Come to think of it, something is bothering you, isn’t it?”

Ray nodded, “Nothing passes you by, huh?” He wondered, as he battled with himself whether Christopher was old enough to hear the truth or not. Finally he decided that honesty was probably the best approach, so he confided in him, “But okay you’re right. It’s Jenna, we’ve separated.”

“You’ve separated?” Christopher asked in bewilderment. “But why?” Christopher looked at Ray questioningly. “I thought you and Jenna were happy…”

“So did I,” Ray sighed. “But well what can I say, Charlie and Lucas have always come before our marriage to her and on top of that I think Charlie hates me.”

“Oh no I’m sure she doesn’t!” Christopher shook his head. “I mean Charlie’s always been real nice to me.”

Ray sighed. Yeah to you maybe, just like JR’s real nice to you, still that doesn’t mean that they’re real nice to good ol’ Ray Krebbs, he reflected to himself, even though he didn’t say that to Christopher, as it was just too hard to explain. “Well maybe so, still let’s just say that we got off on the wrong foot concerning her ex-boyfriend Randy and from there on things never really been that good between us,” Ray offered as an explanation.

Christopher clearly bought it, as he didn’t ask anymore. Instead he just said, “I’m sorry Uncle Ray.”

“Yeah me too,” Ray sighed. “But don’t worry about it. I’m sure we’ll be fine after some time apart. It gives you a chance to think things through.”

“Ah so that’s why you’re here in the states rather than at home in Italy?”

“Yeah it’s easier to be away from each other here, gives us both some time to think. Then in the meantime I figured that I am gonna try to get hold of Donna and Margaret. I haven’t seen that little girl of mine in far too long so it would be nice if they could come down here for a visit or something,” Ray said and Christopher nodded in agreement, since he thought it was a good idea. Ray however still had some doubts whether it really was so wise to see Donna again. Since a part of him wasn’t really over Donna, just like a part of Jenna had never gotten over Bobby. Of course she’d deny it if he’d ask her and yet all he needed to do was to look at the way she looked at Lucas and it was plain to see it. Because even though they had raised the boy as their son, it still wasn’t his face that reflected in the boys looks but that of his brother, a fact that he was painfully aware of and he was sure that Jenna saw it too. But then again what could they expect really, as the main reason they had gotten married was because they were both lonely and deserted. Jenna by Bobby and him by Donna and since Jenna had the one thing he’d wanted all his life, a family; it had seemed like a match made in heaven 8 years ago. Unfortunately time had proved that the match was much harder to keep together than they’d first thought. Because no matter how much he tried to think of them as his family a part of him could never seem to shake his brother’s shadow, just like Jenna never entirely could fill the void Donna had left in his life. So yeah taking that into consideration he knew that seeing Donna and Margaret was probably the worst thing he could do for his and Jenna’s marriage now and yet he couldn’t let that stop him, as he just missed his little girl too much to give her up. So he just had to see little Margaret, even if that might cost him his marriage...

• Like Like x 4
  15. Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +794
    Great updates Karin. I love this story so much and I am loving the reunions between Bobby/Pam, and Christopher/Ray. I can't wait to find out where Pam has been for the last eight years and I also can't wait for Ray and JR to reconnect in your story. Please update your story again soon because I can't wait to find out what next with the Ewings, Barnes, and Krebbs families.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,883
    Thank you Sanda. I'm glad that you love this story so far. :)

Here's the next update:

A commencement ceremony was coming towards it's end at the University of California Berkeley. The ceremony was held outdoors on the campus area and it marked graduation day for the 2000 college students who were seated on the stage, wearing their black caps and gowns. They were looking towards the future as they were listening to the chancellor, who was standing in the middle of the stage, calling out their names. One by one they walked over towards him and got their diplomas. The chancellor called out the next name which was, “Charlotte Wade!”

A 22 year old woman with long brown hair and brown eyes walked up to him and got her diploma. It was Charlie, who smiled happily when she received the diploma as this was a big moment in her life. In many ways Charlie resembled her mother, since just like Jenna she was fashionable, sophisticated, bright, beautiful and sensitive. She also loved living the good life and partying like she didn’t have a care in the world, just like her mother had done when she was young. In some ways Charlie was a little spoiled. But at the same time she hadn’t had it easy growing up without a father. When she was a little girl she used to believe that Bobby was her father since that’s what her birth certificate said. Later she’d found out the truth that Naldo Marchetta was her father. But before she’d gotten a chance to truly get to know him he’d been murdered. So in some ways Bobby was really the only father she’d ever known and he had told her she was the daughter he’d never had. Yet he had let her down in the end. Charlie refused to think of Ray as her father since he was to blame for sending her to boarding school and although she was all grown up now thinking about those years still left a bitter taste in her mouth. So it wasn’t an over exaggeration to say that things were a little strained between her step-dad and herself.

In the audience a beautiful short woman with shoulder length blond hair and sparkling blue eyes smiled proudly as a little 8 year old boy with dark brown hair and blue eyes was snapping photos. It was Jenna Wade Krebbs and her son Lucas Krebbs. This was a happy occasion for them and watching her daughter graduate Jenna had to blink back tears of joy. Because this was her little girl who she’d raised single handedly for so many years. The two of them were a mother-daughter team and there were no one more important than Charlie in her life. Even when her life was a mess she still had her beautiful little girl to remind her of that she’d done something right. So this was an incredibly proud moment for Jenna, since she knew that her daughter had made it. She was a grown up now and didn’t rely on her anymore. It made Jenna happy to see. Lucas too was happy as he didn’t get to see his big-sister that often and this was all very exciting for him to be in the USA. Since he’d grown up in Italy he hadn’t really spent a lot of time here and he liked what he saw.

Next to Lucas sat a handsome 25 year old man with dark blond hair and hazel eyes. It was Charlie’s boyfriend Randy Diamond, who looked lovingly at her. They have been together for a little more than 7 years now. It hadn’t been easy as they’d spent quite a lot of time apart to start with. Yet somehow they’d managed to make their long distance relationship work until Charlie was ready to go to college in the USA. Now after living together for the last 2 years their relationship was really better than ever. Randy really was Charlie’s perfect match since just like Charlie he was sophisticated, bright, a little spoiled, social and he knew what it was like to grow up with just one parent, as his mother Beatrice had abandoned him when Randy was just four years old. His dad had become bitter after the divorce and hadn’t been the best father as he’d spent more time working than with his son. Ronald Diamond was the owner of the Diamond’s Hotels, so Randy was the heir to a hotel empire. This meant that he would never have a hard time finding work, as his dad had secured him a job in his company, handling the economics. Yet Randy constantly felt like he had to prove himself to his father and to other people that he got the job on merits rather than because he was the boss’ son.

As the last graduate walked off the stage the head of the dean’s office said, “Now may I present to you, the class of 1995!”
    The audience got up on their feet to applaud and the graduates happily threw their hats into the air. It was a joyous occasion, as four years of college was finally coming towards an end and they were now ready to truly begin their adult lives.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +794
    Great update Karin. I can't wait to find out how Pam is going to deal with Jenna, Charlie, and Lucas when they eventually come back home to Dallas since she didn't handle Jenna's pregnancy too well during her final season on the show. Bobby and Pam deserve to have their own biological child together.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,883
    Thank you Sanda. I have a feeling you are going to love the next update! ;)

Several hours later in Los Angeles were Bobby & Pam still deep in conversation. They were sitting at a local restaurant and had spent most of the morning together, talking over drinks and even had lunch together even though neither one of them had much of an appetite. While they were talking there was this strange tension in the air, the kind of feeling that comes when you have been away from each other for a long time and are now just reconnecting. Oddly enough it also felt really natural to be together again and the words came surprisingly easy, as there was still this special bound between them, the kind of connection that soul mates have, which sometimes even made words unnecessary. Because even after all this time they still knew just what the other one was feeling and thinking just from looking into each other’s eyes.

Bobby frowned, as he listened to Pam talking about the years they’d spent a part. His eyes then widened, as he tried to make sense of Pam’s story, “So you never married that doctor that you presented to Cliff?”

“No,” Pam shook her head. “That was just what I said...”

“But why on earth did you say that?” Bobby didn’t understand why she had lied about something like that.

“Because I thought I was dying and I didn’t want to cause you any more pain and I would have if I’d just come home to die away from you.”

“Oh Pam...the thought of you dying all alone far away from the people that loves you is more painful to me than...” Bobby had to stop, as the words got stuck in his throat.

“I know, and maybe I was wrong, I just didn’t wanna torture you anymore. I thought that I was right to leave you like I did but looking back now...I’m not so sure anymore...”

“What do you mean?” Bobby wondered.

“I think that I might have made a mistake when I left you,” Pam confessed. “Over the years I’ve just missed you so much. But I’ve always thought it was for your own good that I left you, as I didn’t wanna risk coming back just for you to lose me again. The first couple of years I was still in pretty bad shape, then at the time I started to be recovered you had already moved on and married April and...”

“Yeah,” Bobby reflected, as his face turned into a grimace.

“You still miss her don’t you?”

“Yeah, she was my wife and she died so yeah I think a part of me will always miss her…”

Pam looked down as this was painful for her to hear, “I’m sorry Bobby,” Pam said compassionately, as she reached out and took Bobby’s hand into her own. “It must have been awful for you when she died...”

“It really was...especially being so far away from home and on our honeymoon. But then again I guess life has never been fair...”

“You’ve got that right...” Pam sighed. “Just look at us for instance. When we got married for the second time I really thought it would last forever and just a year later it was already over...”

“I know,” Bobby nodded, before he let go of her hand. “Even though you really didn’t have to leave us, you know?”

“I know that now, but I guess I just couldn’t see it then. I really thought that I was doing what was best for all of us and instead I just ended up hurting everyone.”

“Yeah you sure did. Christopher never understood why his mama suddenly didn’t love him anymore...”

“Oh no!” Pam’s face paled. “You didn’t let him grow up believing I didn’t now, did you?”

“Of course not, I always made sure to tell him how much you loved him whenever he asked and still it was hard for me to explain to him why you’d left us when I didn’t even understand it myself...”

“I’m sorry Bobby do you think that you could ever forgive me?” Pam wondered with tears in her eyes. “I mean the last thing I ever wanted was to hurt you and Christopher...”

“I know...” Bobby sighed. “And well if you’re gonna be a part of my life from now on I guess I’ll have to forgive you. Assuming that you wanna be a part of our lives again...” Bobby said awkwardly. “I mean I wasn’t the one who said goodbye so that’s really always been up to you...”

“Oh Bobby, I do wanna be a part of your life again...” Pam smiled to Bobby’s relief.

“Good.”

“You know after I had recovered completely I kept having all these dreams about you and me and Christopher and the way we used to be. I wanted to look you up so badly but I was afraid to...”

“Afraid?” Bobby raised an eyebrow, “but why?”

“Because I didn’t know how you would react. I mean I’ve been gone for ages so I was scared that I’d only go there to realize that you didn’t want me in your life anymore and even though I’d probably deserve that after all I’ve put you through, it would really have hurt me and...” Pam couldn’t go on as the tears were starting to fall from her eyes.

“Hush...it’s all right now Pam,” Bobby said soothingly, as he took her hand in his own again and looked her straight into her brown eyes. “I do want you in my life and even though I can’t really speak for Christopher, I think he’s always secretly hoped that you’d come back some day. In fact why don’t you come back to Dallas and Southfork with me?” Bobby asked so suddenly that Pam was caught off guard.

Not really believing her ears she asked, “You really want me to go back to Southfork with you?”

“Yeah,” Bobby confirmed. Noticing the hesitation in her eyes he went on, “It doesn’t have to be forever if we don’t want it to of course, but I think it would be nice if you could at least come for a visit,” Bobby paused for a moment before he went on. “I’m sure that Christopher would love to see you and I believe you and I still have a lot of catching up to do. Please Pam it would give us a chance to sort out what we’re really feeling for each other these days...”

“Oh Bobby I’d love to but...” Pam said hesitating.

Seeing the doubts in her eyes, Bobby could feel his heart sinking. Oh no, she’s involved with someone else... his mind told him and again he wondered why he’d been so quick to put his heart out on the line again, as it really wasn’t smart to give her another chance to break it. Knowing how to read her like an open book he said sadly, “There is already someone here in Los Angeles that you can’t leave...”

Pam shifted nervously before she said honestly, “Yes…but it’s not who you think...”

“So it's not another man?” Bobby asked feeling relieved when she shook her head but also even more confused since if it wasn’t another man he just couldn’t see who would make it so hard for her to leave LA. “So what is it then Pam?” He tried to coax it out of her.

“No it’s…” the words got stuck in her throat.

“It’s okay you can tell me whatever it is and I’m sure I’ll understand...”

Pam nodded, “I hope you will, I really do but...” she paused for a moment and it became obvious to Bobby that whatever was on her mind was apparently very important to her. Because unlike earlier that day when they hadn’t had any problems to talk at all, she seemed to have a hard time finding the words now. Still he’d never expected her to say what she eventually did, “Can I bring Rebecca with me?”

“Rebecca?” Bobby questioned. “Who’s Rebecca?”

Pam took a deep breath and maybe the serious expression on her face should have been enough to warn him of what was to come and yet it was like nothing could have ever prepared him for this. “She's...” Pam paused. “I’ve tried to tell you all afternoon Bobby, but I really didn’t know how...” Pam looked away for a brief moment, as if she tried to gather up her strength. “It’s...she's your daughter Bobby!!!”

• Like Like x 4
  19. Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +794
    Great update Karin.:) I am so happy that Bobby forgave Pam for walking out on him and Christopher 8 years ago. :)I can't wait to find out how Bobby is going to react to the news that Rebecca is his and Pam's daughter. :)Please update your story again soon because I can't wait to find out what happens next between Bobby and Pam. :)

• Like Like x 3
  20. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,883
    Thank you for the feedback Sanda. :) Also you're in luck the next update is also about Bobby & Pam so you'll find out more now...

Bobby just couldn’t believe his ears. In all their years together he and Pam had always dreamt of having another child and yet hearing her say it now he felt like the air had suddenly been punched out of his lungs and a sense of disbelief came over him, “She’s my...what?” Bobby asked. Because this just can’t be true, there’s just no way in hell that she’d said what I thought she said, Bobby reflected, as it got quiet between them.

Yet when she finally spoke she just said the same thing all over again. “Your daughter...” Pam repeated, more calmly this time. “Rebecca is our daughter Bobby...”

“Our daughter?” Bobby asked in disbelief. “I’m sorry I know I said that I’d understand but I really don’t...” Bobby shook his head. “I mean how can she be my daughter?”

“I know it might be hard to take in. But it’s true,” Pam insisted. “I hope you don’t mind that I named her after my mama...” Pam said with a sad smile.

“Of course not that’s what we always wanted to name our little girl,” Bobby said emotionally. “Still what I don’t get is how she can be my daughter when you’ve obviously adopted her after we got divorced and...”

“No,” Pam shook her head.

“You adopted her before you filed for a divorce?” Bobby asked. “But that doesn’t make any sense...I mean if you were really that sick, how could anyone let you adopt a little girl?”

“Bobby please listen to me,” Pam pleaded. “I know you’re probably gonna have a hard time believing this, but Rebecca’s not adopted...”

Bobby’s eyes went wide in surprise, “You mean that…”

“Yes I did give birth to Rebecca,” Pam confirmed, what he couldn’t put into words.

“But Pam, how can that be?” Bobby asked confused. “I mean...you’ve never been able to carry a baby to term before and how can she be mine?” Bobby’s mind was working overtime as he was trying to make sense of it. “I mean with the accident and everything I...”

“I know it’s hard to believe and I couldn’t believe it myself at first...but I guess it finally happened and given the circumstances of her birth I guess it’s not wrong to call her a miracle baby...” Pam said with tears in her eyes.

“I’d say so,” Bobby shook his head in disbelief. “But are you sure she’s really mine?” Bobby asked again. “I mean with the accident and your disappearance I really have a hard time seeing how...”

“Please Bobby you’ve just got to trust me on this,” Pam pleaded with him. “She’s your daughter all right. I guess it must have happened that final morning we spent together before the crash. Given how badly burnt I was it’s a wonder I didn’t miscarry her right then and there. But I guess that given the fact that she was just about being conceived at the time she somehow made it through,” Pam said and seeing how Bobby’s eyes were so full with emotions Pam could feel her own emotions running wild too. “Of course I didn’t know about her at first. I was too busy trying to recover to even notice a change. I even thought that the missing period was due to the accident. It wasn’t until they finally took off the bandages that I found out that I was four months pregnant...”

Bobby looked surprised, “I still don’t get it, you left us because you were pregnant?”

“Yes,” Pam nodded.

“But that doesn’t make any sense...that if anything should just have been another reason for you to stay...”

“No I couldn’t stay...don’t you see, if I’d stayed you’d just talked me into having an abortion and...”

“What an abortion?” Disbelief shone in his eyes. “Are you crazy?” Bobby asked. “After all we’ve been through to have a baby of our own. How could you even think that I would ever ask you that?”

“Because the doctors told me that it was either the baby’s life or mine,” Pam revealed.

“Oh Pam no…” Bobby whispered emotionally, as the pieces started to fit.

“They couldn’t be certain of course. There was a small chance we’d both live,” Pam said with tears in her eyes. “But even if I did decide to have the baby they couldn’t guarantee that I would make it long enough for it to survive...”

“You mean that you risked your own life to have this baby?”

“Yes and I knew you’d never let me do that so...”

“That’s why you left,” Bobby finished her sentence, as it finally made sense now.

“Yes so now you’ll see why I had to leave?”

“No, I mean yes, but no you shouldn’t have,” Bobby said. “I mean I know we’ve always wanted another child but…if those were the options, no I wouldn’t have let you go through with it. As no baby would be worth your life...” Bobby said emotionally. “I mean what were you thinking Pam?”

“I don’t know,” Pam said emotionally. “I just knew that I was pregnant, against all odds and with the new expertise chances were that I could make it if I stayed hospitalized during my entire pregnancy. So I had to leave both for the baby’s sake and mine...”

“Wait a minute...are you telling me that all the things you wrote about how you were ashamed about the way you looked and that you left us for our own good was just lies to cover up the real reason you left?”

“Well the part about my looks was, as mind you, I might have cared about my looks a great deal, but I’m not that vain.”

“That’s what I thought...”

“The part about leaving you for your own good wasn’t a lie though. Because I didn’t want to give up this baby, which you would have made me and even if you hadn’t I didn’t want to burden you with my pregnancy and the constant fear of losing our baby or me or maybe even both. So I figured that the best thing I could do was to leave you,” Pam cried. “Then maybe one day, if I against all odds survived I could return with our baby and well you might yell at me at first and tell me I was crazy. But I was certain that once you’ve got to see that little baby you’d forgive me...”

“So why didn’t you?”

“Return?”

“Yes I mean obviously you survived or else you wouldn’t be sitting here now.”

“True, still it wasn’t an easy pregnancy and those doctors surely weren’t kidding when they told me that it might kill me, as it almost did. I mean towards the end of the pregnancy I was so weak that when I was about 7 and a half months along the doctors told me that the only option left was to deliver the baby right now with a caesarian. Or else I would kill both my baby and me.”

“Seven and a half month?” Bobby asked. “But that’s way too premature...”

“It is and I tried to protest, but I was too weak. It was the day before our divorce was finalized and the last thing I remember was going into surgery. The baby was delivered and I slipped into a coma. The next time I woke up it was two months later. The first thing I asked for was our baby and I feared they’d tell me that she hadn’t made it. But she had. She was still in an incubator at the time, and even then, two months later she was about the tiniest baby I’ve ever seen. Even tinier than John Ross and he too was way premature.”

“I remember,” Bobby managed a weak smile. “Still I guess that tells you something about Ewing babies, they just won’t give up that easily...”

“No they won’t...the first time I saw her I was really frighten she’d die and the doctors told me I might be dying too, as I was sick.”

“Sick?”

“Yeah, you’ll see all those burns gave me skin cancer.”

“Oh Pam,” Bobby’s eyes filled with tears. “I wish you would have told me.”

“I wanted to, but I didn’t want to come back just to die away from you. I was still weak from Rebecca’s birth and the doctors couldn’t guarantee that my body could stand the treatment. But I had to have chemo, as it was my only chance. So I began treatment. I still wasn’t out of danger when Cliff came to see me,” Pam cried. “Having to send him away broke my heart, but I really did think that I did it to protect you and Christopher...”

“Maybe so, but I still wish you would have come home then Pam. We would have welcomed you with open arms. Of course it wouldn’t have been easy but neither was your crash and we made it through that and…” Bobby’s voice broke, as he too started to cry.

“I know and I wish I could have come back. But it was just impossible. You’ll see Rebecca was not putting on weight like she should, as I couldn’t breastfeed her. So they didn’t recommend me to move her and I couldn’t leave her. I think that if I had it would have killed us both. So I had to stay,” Pam explained, with the tears rolling down her checks.

“I see, so when could you take her home?”

“Not until a lot later,” Pam replied. “You’ll see our condition was still unstable for the next couple of weeks and then it slowly started to turn. Somehow being close to each other really helped us recover and 11 months after Rebecca’s birth I had finished chemo and we were finally released from the hospital. However as Cliff had come to see me without you I knew that you must have moved on and therefore I knew that I couldn’t just return to Southfork as I had originally planned. Besides while Rebecca was out of danger at this point, I still wasn’t sure that the cancer was gone for good...”

“When did you know for sure?”

“Not until a year later,” Pam replied.

“You should have come back then.”

“Maybe I should. But as you were together with April then I didn’t wanna interfere with your life.”

“Well I appreciate the concern, but really as much as I loved April, I think that if you’d come back then, I still would have been happy to see you,” Bobby revealed.

Pam smiled at that, “Really?”

“Really,” Bobby nodded. “Besides how could you deny me my daughter?” Bobby asked in a hurt voice. “I mean if I hadn’t run into you today would you ever have told me about her then?”

“I don’t know. Maybe it was wrong of me to keep her a secret from you. But if it makes you feel any better I had made arrangements for her to be sent to you in the case of my death...” Pam was unable to go on as she was sobbing so badly now.

Seeing how upset Pam was he couldn’t help but taking her into his arms, “It’s okay. I didn’t mean to be so harsh on you. In fact why don’t you tell me what happened next?”

“Well nothing much happened really. Rebecca and I moved into a house here in Los Angeles. I hired a private nurse to look after us and also a maid and I kept going to regular checkups at the clinic where Rebecca was born and well that’s pretty much been my life during the last couple of years.”

“And Rebecca, she’s um...healthy?” Bobby asked.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean she doesn’t have any disabilities caused by the heavy medications you took during the pregnancy or from being premature?”

“Luckily no,” Pam shook her head before she smiled. “She’s like any other normal 7 year old girl. Or well she might be a bit spoiled rotten of course, but considering that I never thought I’d ever be able to have any biological kids, I guess that’s to be expected...”

“I guess so...” Bobby said thoughtfully. Everything Pam had told him really had been a lot to absorb at once and right now he wasn’t even sure how to feel about it. Should I be happy for suddenly having a daughter? Bobby pondered. Or should I be angry with Pam for making all these decisions without me and keeping my daughter away from me? Then most importantly, even if Pam had no reason to lie to him how could he know she was telling him the truth. What if she’s lying to me? Bobby looked at her suspiciously. Can I really dare to believe in what she’s told me? Bobby wondered. The whole story about Rebecca almost sounds too good to be true. He didn’t get too much time to ponder though, as Pam’s words interrupted his train of thoughts.

“So when do you wanna meet your daughter?” Pam asked. “I mean do you wanna go back to my place now or do you wanna wait until tomorrow?”

“I don’t know...” Bobby said thoughtfully, as he wasn’t sure how much more he could take for one day.

“I see. Not quite the answer I was hoping for but...”

“No I do wanna see her,” Bobby hurried to reassure Pam. “It’s just that don’t you think she’s at school?”

“No, school’s out for the year,” Pam smiled before she threw a glance at her watch, which showed at 3 in the afternoon. “So she should be at home with Nancy, that’s our maid, by now.”

“Okay, well if you say so, I guess seeing her today’s fine,” Bobby said and tried to smile to hide the confusion he still felt inside.

“Great!” Pam said in a relieved voice. “Then we’d better get going.” They got up and Bobby paid the bill with extra tip, as Pam went on. “I’ve got my car parked a couple of blocks from here and oh Bobby just wait until you’ll get to see her, she’s just the most adorable little girl and I just know that you’re gonna love her...” Pam blabbered eagerly, as they left the restaurant together. Both feeling a sense of expectation lingering in the air as they were taking a big step here and walking there next to Pam, knowing that he had a daughter he’d never met, Bobby just knew that their lives were about to change forever...

• Like Like x 5