Dallas in the 90's

Discussion in 'Dallas Writers Room' started by Karin Schill, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Honkytonkangel

Honkytonkangel Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +278
    Come on Sue Ellen, don't pull a Pamela and go talk to your son (though in that situation, with Lil JRo being so much like his dad I kinda see why she doesn't know what to say).
    Loved that seeing JR with Rebecca kinda softened Sue Ellen towards him for a minute there before she put the wall back up.
    And I LOVED seeing him teaching Rebecca to swim, they really are quite cute and funny together.
    As always I feel bad for John Ross though and I hope that he and JR will spend some time together soon and that he, JR and sue Ellen can have some family time too, even though John Ross is too big for the kiddie park now LOL (one of my favourite ever Dallas scenes).
    LOL at Lil JRo and Chris talking about throwing darts at the pictures (I totally wanted to throw things at Peter too). I'm happy they've got each other.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Mrs Bobby James Ewing Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +720
    Great updates Karin. :)JR and Rebecca are so cute together in your story.:) I hope JR's back starts to feel better soon since Rebecca wants to go horseback riding with her uncle JR again soon. :(:) Backache pain is no fun. :( Maybe JR can get Sue Ellen to massage his sore back after he reads Rebecca her bedtime story and she falls a sleep. ;):) I hope Sue Ellen talks to John Ross soon about her affair with Peter Richards even though I wasn't a fan of Sue Ellen and Peter as a couple during original Dallas. :(

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ms Southworth
    Sunshine

Ms Southworth Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,363
    Great scene with Christopher and John Ross! :jump2::jump2: I really enjoy the brotherly relationship that the two young men have in your fanfic! :fantastic:

Good thing that they were able to "guide" each other, so they don't end up in worse trouble than they already are! :wink@ I'd hate for them to get extended groundings (even though I guess that leaving their rooms to play dart in itself technically could be regarded as being disobedient)! :think: It was entertaining to read their conversation about the possible pictures to be put on the dart board though! :lolo:

Somehow, I hope that Christopher's jealousy towards his sister (for being able to spend fun times with their uncle JR) will bring out the best in him and thus make him think twice about his future actions. I wonder what Christopher would think or do, if he knew the real reason behind JR's behavior!!! ;) Would Christopher be thrilled or actually feel sorry for his sister? :thinks:

I'll admit that part of me don't feel sorry for John Ross missing out on time with his dad! I mean, if John Ross had gotten his act together either in school or by studying hard and intensely in his room while being grounded, he would probably be the one enjoying his summer vacation with his dad! If John Ross has any hopes of running Ewing Oil one day, he better start focusing on school, because being his daddy's son won't get him far in the "real" world, if he's not willing to work hard and also long hours!

I did feel bad for John Ross though when he said that he feels like his dad spends more time focusing on his mom than him! Now that's got to hurt! :(

So Christopher feels like his parents ditched him and his sister? :giggle: I'm sorry, but it's just a bit odd to me that he would think that at all, since he's experienced his dad going on business trips before! Therefore, it was good to hear the real reason for his unhappiness, i.e. his sister! ;) A bit immature for Christopher to blame his sister for his grounding, but I guess that he's "only" 13! :rolleyes:

I'll look forward to more scenes with these two young cousins! Their conversations are usually very entertaining! :clap:

• Like Like x 3
  4. Ms Southworth
    Sunshine

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,363
    Cute scene with JR and Rebecca! :danc: I loved hearing about JR's "fatherly" side (even if it's only a charade!)! Too bad that we didn't get to see more of this side of JR on "Dallas"! :hat:

Sweet how JR tucked her in with all her stuffed animals! :kiss: Also sweet how he called her his little princess! :loveit:

I chuckled when Rebecca stated: “And I can’t wait to do it all again tomorrow!”. :giggle: And I laughed out loud when she continued down that path: “I said that I’d like to do this every day”! :rolling:

I loved JR's reflections about the possibility of Rebecca actuall being a Ewing: "She’s already learnt how to wrap her grandparents around her little finger, just like Lucy did. She has a playful side just like Bobby and just like the rest of the family she’s already learnt how to scheme to get what she wants. No that child is no ordinary child."

Of course, he can't afford to end up loving Rebecca! (I say sarcastically)! :giggle: Problem is, though, that he already likes her a lot more than he'll ever admit! :bah:

Please update soon! :best:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  5. pd fan

pd fan Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +577
    Original Member Since:
    June 2011
    Great story with Christopher and John Ross great update as usual Karin !! :10::10::bravo:

• Like Like x 4
  6. Ms Southworth
    Sunshine

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,363
    Please don't leave us in suspence any longer, @Karin Schill! :danc:

It's time for a triple update, right? ... ... :giggle: ... ... please!!! :bh:

• Like Like x 3
  7. Ms Southworth
    Sunshine

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,363
    What's the deal, @Karin Schill? :confuse: Still no word from you??? ... ... are things okay??? ... ... will your loyal readers by any chance be getting pentadruple updates later today??? :wink@

I've got my fingers crossed for a happy ending! :loveit:

:best:

• Like Like x 4
  8. superman fan
    Cold

superman fan Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +460
    Original Member Since:
    September 2007
    :best::best::best::best:

• Like Like x 3
  9. Karin Schill
    Fine

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,893
    Original Member Since:
    September 2004
    Hi Everyone,

Thank you so much for all the feedback it's always appreciated. :)

I'm sorry to have left you all hanging for so long but first I had computer trouble and then I've been away on a camper vacation with my family. We travelled through south of Norway and I haven't had Internet access while I was away. So therefore the lack of updates. My computer problems are not completely solved but if I have to hand in my computer I can still update the story through my laptop so there should be no more interruptions in posting until the episode is completed.

Honkytonkangel, true enough that John Ross is too old for the kiddie park now. But yeah some family time is coming up after his date with Melissa... ;)
    I'm glad you enjoyed JR teaching Rebecca how to swim.

Sanda, I don't think anyone was a fan of the Peter Richards and Sue Ellen storyline. I don't think the casting did their story any favors either as it really looked like she was robbing the craddle! :giggle:
    Great idea about Sue Ellen giving JR a massage for his bad back, but at this point in the story I just don't see it happening...

Ms Southworth,
    I'm fine thanks. Just some muscles in my legs that are still a little achy after my 5 hour trek (back and forth) to Pulpit Rock one day on my trip!
    Anyway I love all the detailed feedback that you've been leaving me. It's always fun to read your comments.
    You make a good point that John Ross has nobody but himself to blame for his grounding. Neglecting his school work is what got him into this mess.
    Considering that Christopher has grown up as an only child for most of his childhood and have been abandoned by his mom once I think his jealousy of Rebecca and feelings of abandonment is understandable despite that he is a young teen. Also 13 year old boys are not very mature in general. In fact at that age girls tends to be more mature than boys who catch up with the girls like maybe two years later. ;)
    Yes JR likes Rebecca by now. Also no matter what the TNT version tried to make us believe, both JR and Sue Ellen were good parents to John Ross (for the most part anyway)on the original show and I just love all the cute family moments that we got to see on it.

I think the scene where JR lifted up baby John Ross from his crib for the first time was a pivotal turning point of the show as having a son softened JR's character and made him more likable.

Silvie,
    I'm glad you enjoyed the Chris and John Ross update. They were close as brothers at some points while growing up and that's what we've tried to capture in this story.

Shan,
    thanks for the emoticons I am glad you still enjoy the story. :)

Enough said, update to follow:

On Saturday morning, Cliff Barnes was in a great mood when he arrived at the TV studio where they were going to tape the TV interview to promote Sue Ellen’s movie. The people who worked at the TV channel were nice to him and began with taking him to make up. When he entered the room he found that Don Lockwood was already there getting his makeup put on. Cliff’s face split up in a grin when he saw Don. “Don Lockwood! It sure is good to see you.”

“Cliff Barnes,” Don grinned back as the two men shook hands, “under the circumstances it’s good to see you too. So are you ready to shoot the TV interview now?”

“I sure am,” Cliff grinned, as he took a seat in the chair next to Don’s and another makeup artist started to put some brown powder on his face.

“Good,” Don said. “They will start shooting in approx. 10 minutes.”

“That soon?” Cliff asked. “But I thought we were going to have more time to prepare what we were going to talk about.”

“Relax Barnes, all you need to do is tell them how JR’s screwed you over in business.”

“Well I could do that,” Cliff nodded. “I mean badmouthing JR is easy.”

“That’s what I was hoping you would say,” Don said.

The two of them sat there in silence for a minute or so before a young blonde reporter popped into the room. “Hi, I’m Emma McLain,” she introduced herself, as they shook hands.

“Well hi there,” Cliff grinned, as the girl was lovely to look at.

“I am going to interview you both in a couple of minutes. I know Don has been on TV before, but what about you Mr. Barnes?”

“Oh don’t worry I’ve been on TV several times before,” Cliff smiled.

“Well good, then you know the drill,” Emma smiled. “Whenever you are ready just follow me and we’ll walk over towards the stage.”

“Well I think we’ve done all we can now,” the makeup artist said with a sigh.

“Good, let’s get going then,” Emma said. “Follow me!”

“Okay,” Cliff and Don then followed the pretty young woman to a soundstage where they were seated in a sofa. Then the TV team started to count down from five with their fingers. Then the red light went on and they were taping.

“Good morning. This is Emma McLain at KT41 with a very special interview for the Dallas morning news,” Emma made a dramatic pause before she went on. “Here with me in the studio today I have Mr. Don Lockwood who is the writer and director of the new hit movie A Family Affair that finally opened in Dallas yesterday afternoon and local oil magnet Mr. Cliff Barnes of Barnes Oil...”

“Yesterday afternoon?” Cliff quipped in, “but I thought the movie opened today?”

“It is, this show is pre-taped for tomorrow’s morning breakfast news show,” Don informed Cliff.

“Exactly, make sure to cut that out in post.”

“Got it Mrs. McLain, you can go on now.”

Emma nodded before she said, “They are here to give us the low down on the new movie and will also reveal if it’s really true that art imitates life.” Emma then made another pause before she turned to Don and said, “So Don, how did you come up with the idea for this movie?”

“Well the initial idea for it wasn’t mine,” Don explained. “It all started when a Sue Ellen Ewing approached me with a pitch for a movie. The idea was that she wanted to make a movie that was based on her life together with her ex-husband JR Ewing…”

“Just to make it clear we are talking about local oil magnet JR Ewing of Ewing Oil here, aren’t we?” Emma asked.

“Yes that’s the one and only JR Ewing I know of,” Don replied. “Anyway Sue Ellen started to tell me some stories about their lives together and I was intrigued. So I accepted the offer to write the script and began gathering material on people in her life. I did some interviews with countless people who knew JR. Then I also met him at his second wedding. But the best part was that Sue Ellen also gave me access to her diaries, which was invaluable for getting an idea of what kind of character we were trying to recreate for the movie.”

“And what kind of man are we talking about here Don?”

“Well I think I leave that question to Mr. Cliff Barnes to answer. He’s a business associate of JR’s who knows him better than I do.”

“Well Mr. Barnes, what can you tell us about JR Ewing?”

“He’s a real bastard, who stops at nothing to get what he wants. He blackmails people, he does crooked business deals, he is obsessed with running his father’s company and he doesn’t care who he is hurting in the process. His marital vows meant nothing to him as he was constantly treating Sue Ellen like crap,” Cliff paused, before he went on. “He is manipulating too. Like I remember one time when I was offered a new chief executive job in Tulsa. Turns out JR was behind the offer, as all he wanted was to get me out of town, as I was dating Sue Ellen after she had divorced the bastard and he was jealous as hell. Not because he loved Sue Ellen but because he saw her as his possession, a trophy wife that he needed to reclaim. He had the bad sense in inviting me to their second wedding too, which was a debacle of epic proportions. I remember that…” Cliff went on talking, as the TV reporter smiled politely and Don grinned, as there was nothing like a little free publicity…

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Miss Texas 1967

Miss Texas 1967 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +394
    Perfect timing, I'm all caught up now.

I have already written about the JR/Rebecca stuff, I like that. JR is good with children and even when he's not it's funny to read about how uncomfortable he is. Now he needs to start paying attention to John Ross though, maybe it's time for a boys day.

The boys and Miss Ellie golfing was relatively entertaining, they must really not understand golf though, John Ross thinks he's winning because he's got the most points, but he's actually coming last because the aim of golf is to score low, e.g. getting the ball in the hole in 3 strokes is better than doing it in 4, so 3 points actually beats 4 points in golf.

Sue Ellen needs to just file for divorce from Don, let the lawyers deal with everything; let them figure out where to serve the papers and at least ask whether there is anything they can file something to freeze Don's film distribution deal. Sitting around the ranch and complaining that his secretary is unhelpful isn't very proactive and it's clear now that they won't be reuniting happily anyway, so she doesn't have much to lose.

Bobby and Pam, I get that they want time away but I do feel a bit bad that Rebecca and Christopher are so soon ignored. They just got together as a family and already their parents have disappeared again.
    Bobby is an idiot trusting Guzzler... again. Not even reading the contract too, dumb dumb dumb Bobby.

JR and Sue Ellen need to stop airing their (previous) marital issues in front of everyone, especially in front of John Ross. I do enjoy reading about John Ross and Christopher discussing family issues though.

Jenna and Charlie are the problem in Ray's marriage and once again it sounds like everyone would be happier if Ray and Lucas ditched them and decided to move forward on their own.

Don and Cliff are an interesting pair, they get together to bad-mouth JR on TV yet JR has barely said a word to either of them in months (years?). If JR was smart he would be tracking all of this and would throw a defamation lawsuit at them. They aren't necessarily lying in saying what they are saying, so it wouldn't be super easy to say it was libel or slander, but it would be a JR thing to do to at least threaten legal action, he did it to Sue Ellen when she first showed him the movie.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Karin Schill
    Fine

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,893
    Original Member Since:
    September 2004
    Thank you for the detailed feedback Miss Texas 1967. I'm glad you've all caught up and yeah it's perfect timing. :)

I agree with you about Sue Ellen and Don. She really needs to divorce the jerk!

Interesting idea about how you think JR should deal with Don and Cliff. Thanks for reminding me that he did threaten Sue Ellen that he'll sue her when he first saw the movie. You will find out later on how JR will react to the news that the movie is out in the states...

As for Ray and Jenna, the thing is that Ray knows that he can never get custody of Lucas since Jenna will not give him up and since Ray has never adopted him he has no legal claim on the child. So it's a messy situation.

Okay so time for an update and since I've been away for so long I will give you a double treat tonight:

At Southfork later that afternoon was John Ross getting ready for his date with Melissa. He was dressed in jeans and a t-shirt and was standing in front of the mirror, combing his hair, when Sue Ellen suddenly called for him, “John Ross! Melissa is here now!”

“Okay, I’ll be right down,” John Ross called out as he rushed downstairs. On his way there he stopped at a flower arrangement on a table and picked out a rose from the vase. He then continued downstairs.

Melissa was small talking with his mother when John Ross first caught sight of her. She was wearing a short pink dress with a brown pattern. It left the shoulders bare and clung nicely to her figure. She looked up and when she caught sight of him her face lit up in a huge smile, “Hi John Ross!”

“Hi Melissa!” John Ross smiled back. “This is for you,” John Ross handed Melissa the pink rose.

“Thank you, that’s very sweet of you,” Melissa smiled as she took the rose and brought it to her nose to smell it.

Sue Ellen smiled at the scene before her, as it had been a long time since she had approved of one of John Ross’ girlfriends. But this girl seemed genuinely nice. Not like some of the other chicks that John Ross had been dating. “Ah look at the two of you, aren’t you a pretty picture,” Sue Ellen smiled.

Melissa blushed and John Ross said annoyed, “Mama!”

“Sorry but you are,” Sue Ellen insisted.

JR came down the stairs, “Hi there you must be Melissa,” JR greeted Melissa. “I’m JR Ewing, John Ross’ father,” JR shook hand with Melissa.

“Oh hi there Mr. Ewing, nice to meet you,” Melissa said politely.

Sue Ellen shifted uncomfortably as JR’s presence was making her uncomfortable. Looking for an excuse to get away from them she said, “So Melissa do you want me to put that flower in water for you?”

“Yes that would be very kind of you Mrs. Ewing,” Melissa said.

JR grinned when he heard that the girl referred to Sue Ellen by his name. Sue Ellen took the flower and looked in JR’s direction before she said, “Actually my name isn’t Ewing anymore as I’ve remarried. So it’s Mrs. Lockwood now.”

“I’m sorry Mrs. Lockwood, I didn’t realize that you and Mr. Ewing were divorced.”

“It’s quite alright,” Sue Ellen said. “If you’ll excuse me,” Sue Ellen took the flower and walked towards the kitchen.

JR looked from John Ross and Melissa to Sue Ellen before he said, “Well I’ll better leave the two of you alone. Have fun,” JR hurried after Sue Ellen.

Melissa turned to John Ross and said, “I’m sorry I said the wrong name to your mom. But I thought she lived here.”

“Well she does live here,” John Ross said.

Melissa looked surprised, “What?”

“I mean she lives here temporarily. Her new husband is an Englishman. I’ve lived with them in England for a couple of years. But now I’ve decided to move back to my dad so my mama went with me to get me settled.”

“I see, so how long will she be staying here?”

“Oh I don’t know exactly, maybe another month or longer. It depends.”

“It depends on what?”

“If she divorces my step-dad or not, they’ve been having some problems lately,” John Ross said. Melissa nodded and John Ross went on. “Anyway enough about them, so do you wanna go swimming now?”

“Sure,” Melissa smiled.

“Good, so I’ll go and change then and you can…um…ask Teresa where you can change.”

“Oh it’s okay. I’ve already got my bikini under my dress. But who’s Teresa?”

“Our maid,” John Ross said. “So I guess you can go outdoors and wait by the pool then.”

“Okay hurry back,” Melissa smiled.

“I’ll only be a minute,” John Ross smiled back before he ran upstairs to change.

Melissa then walked towards the kitchen to go out to the pool. Unfortunately when she entered the kitchen she found John Ross’ parents there, engaged in an intensive quarrel.

“No JR. I don’t want you to bring me any flowers and I don’t want to watch the Miss Texas Video. How many times do I have to tell you that nothing will ever happen between us ever again?” Sue Ellen yelled at JR. “I’m married to Don now.”

“I know but he’s not here and even if he was can you honestly tell me that he is man enough for you?” JR stepped inside of Sue Ellen’s personal bubble.

“Excuse me?” Sue Ellen asked defensively, even though she knew too well what he meant.

“I know you Sue Ellen. You long for physical contact,” JR put his hands around Sue Ellen’s waist and he looked her straight into her hazel eyes, as he reeled her in. “I know what you like…” he told her seductively, as he pressed her closer to his body.

Sue Ellen could feel her skin burn from the sudden contact as the sexual tension was building up between them. “JR please…”

“Don’t tell me that you never think of us and how we used to be when you are laying in bed alone at night…”

“Yes,” Sue Ellen whispered, as she momentarily let her guard down. But when JR leant forward to kiss her she suddenly came to her senses. “No JR!” She pushed him away and broke free from his arms. “Stop chasing me. It won’t work, I know you too well…”

“Oh I don’t know it was working just fine until…” JR took a step towards her.

But Sue Ellen took as step back as she got angry with herself for being so weak. “I said no, I don’t want you.”

“That’s not what your body said a minute ago,” JR reminded her. “I can tell you are just as turned on as I am…”

“No I’m not,” Sue Ellen said angrily. “But if you’re in the mood for a roll in the sack so badly, why don’t you call one of your tramps instead of bothering me?”

“Because I don’t want anyone else…”

“Well that’s your problem JR, not mine,” Sue Ellen turned around to walk away. But when she did she noticed Melissa who was standing at the door with her mouth gaping. “Melissa,” Sue Ellen blushed as it became obvious that John Ross’ date had seen and heard more than she should.

“Mr. and Mrs. Ewing, I was just…um…looking for…” Melissa blushed. “John Ross said…isn’t this the way out to the pool?”

“Yeah, I’ll take you there, JR and I were done here anyway,” Sue Ellen said and gave JR a chilly glance before she walked away with Melissa.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Karin Schill
    Fine

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,893
    Original Member Since:
    September 2004
    In town at the Multiplex people were arriving for the premiere of A Family Affair, which was the movie Sue Ellen had made with Don Lockwood. A limousine stopped by the start of the red carpet. Don Lockwood got out and smiled and waved at the gathering press. At the same time Cliff, Afton and Becky came walking down the street towards the start of the red carpet.

“This is so exciting,” Becky beamed, “An actual movie premiere!”

“Yeah but what movie are we watching Cliff?” Afton asked.

“Oh it’s a family drama. I think you’re gonna recognize the story!”

“Excuse me?”

Afton gave Cliff a questioning look but before Cliff had a chance to explain anything Becky asked in an excited tone of voice, “Where are the movie stars daddy?”

“Oh I don’t know but let’s go and say hello to the director!” Cliff said. “Don!” Cliff walked up towards Don and they shook hands.

“Barnes,” Don said. “Glad you could make it!”

“Of course,” Cliff said. “This is my daughter Becky and her mother Afton.”

“Oh how very nice of you to come,” Don said looking pleased.

“Have we met before?” Afton asked.

“Yes I do believe so. I am Sue Ellen’s husband,” Don said.

“Really?” Afton shifted uncomfortably. “So is Sue Ellen here?”

“Sadly no,” Don shook his head. “She did not feel well today,” Don lied through his teeth. “Excuse me I better talk to some more press.”

Don left and Afton turned to Cliff, “How do you know Don Lockwood?”

But Cliff didn’t have the time to answer because now the press recognized them. A reporter called out to them, “Mr. Barnes, Mr. Barnes can we have a word with you?”

“Of course,” Cliff smiled and started talking to the reporter.

Afton sighed until a microphone was thrust in her face, “Miss Cooper, nice to see you. Are you excited to see this film?”

“Yes of course. Me and my daughter are very happy to be here!”

“Glad to hear. So how do you feel you’re being depicted in the movie?”

“I’m sorry what?” Afton asked surprised.

“The character based on you. Do you feel it’s an accurate portrayal?”

Afton laughed nervously, “I am not in this movie. You must have me mixed up with someone else.”

“But you do know JR Ewing don’t you?” The reporter asked.

Afton looked even more confused, as Marilee Stone suddenly appeared from out of nowhere and said, “Well don’t we all.”

“Marilee,” Afton said in a chilly tone of voice.

The reporter then lost interest in Afton and turned to Marilee instead, “Mrs. Stone being a business woman what is it really like working with JR?”

“Well…” Marilee started talking to the reporter and Afton gave her a look that could kill, as she didn't know what she hated most, having her moment in the spotlight stolen by someone else or the fact that it was Marilee Stone.

Afton sighed before she thought to herself, This day just keeps getting better and better!

• Like Like x 3
  13. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,377
    Original Member Since:
    July 2015
    I couldn't help laughing at Cliff's rant to the reporter about JR! This movie thing is hilarious! I do feel sorry for Afton, though. Don Dorkwood is on a roll, but his lies could end up getting him into trouble soon. I also felt sorry for Melissa, too. She just came over to spend time with John Ross, but as usual, JR and Sue Ellen are acting like a couple of stupid kids who can't even talk things out properly and are now making a scene in front of guests. JR is just a horny bastard right now, but if Sue Ellen doesn't want this, then she should just leave. All they are doing is repeating their same old antics from the show that led to absolutely no productive communication at all. JR is so NOT sexy with his lame-o "I know you want me!" routines. And Sue Ellen is so dang irritating with her wimpy indecisiveness about just hanging around Southfork and letting JR mess with her that I don't even understand WHY JR and Don Dorkwood want her at all! But at least she didn't give in to JR here.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Mrs Bobby James Ewing Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +720
    Great updates Karin and welcome back. :) I am glad you and your family had a wonderful time on your camping trip and I hope your computer starts to work properly again soon so you don't have send it away to get it repaired. :) :(

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ms Southworth
    Sunshine

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,363
    Yeeeeaaaaahhhhhhh, @Karin Schill is back on "duty" on the Board, including updating her thread! :spinning:

I'm so happy to hear that you're doing great, Karin! :wink@ (I'd love more info on your vacation to Norway, but let's do it in a PM! I was on vacation in that particular area in 2013 and also 2016! And the area surrounding Lysefjorden is most definitely one of Norway's most beautiful national treasures, IMO!)

Great update from the TV studio with both funny and sad parts! :danc: :( For instance, I chuckled when Cliff said “I mean badmouthing JR is easy.”! :giggle:. But almost immediately, I was saddened that Cliff still holds a grudge against JR. Don't get me wrong ... the writing of Cliff is right on the mark! :gotcha: (but it would have been nice to see that Cliff had "matured" a bit over the years! :wink@ )!

Examples of brilliant writing:
    • Yesterday afternoon?” Cliff quipped in, “but I thought the movie opened today?” (Most people would just keep such a remark to themselves when being in what they presumed was a live interview! :giggle: )
    • Yes that’s the one and only JR Ewing I know Don replied. :gotcha:
    • He’s a real bastard, who stops at nothing to get what he wants. He blackmails people, he does crooked business deals, he is obsessed with running his father’s company and he doesn’t care who he is hurting in the process. His marital vows meant nothing to him as he was constantly treating Sue Ellen like crap,” Cliff paused, before he went on. “He is manipulating too. Like I remember one time when I was offered a new chief executive job in Tulsa. Turns out JR was behind the offer, as all he wanted was to get me out of town, as I was dating Sue Ellen after she had divorced the bastard and he was jealous as hell. Not because he loved Sue Ellen but because he saw her as his possession, a trophy wife that he needed to reclaim. He had the bad sense in inviting me to their second wedding too, which was a debacle of epic proportions. I remember that…
    • ... ... and Don grinned, as there was nothing like a little free publicity….

I still find it difficult to understand why Sue Ellen would share her diaries with anyone, least of all future partners - no matter what the circumstances were! :( A diary usually contains very personal and intimate details of your life meant for no one else but you! A diary will always be biased, since it contains only the "owner's" point of view! But we must never forget that a pancake has two sides no matter how flat it is! Therefore, I've always made a concious choice never to "bad-mouth" previous partners or friends who have come and gone! :hat: And I can only hope that they treat me with the same amount of respect! :cooler:

Anyway, I can't wait to learn more about Don's movie! :clap: It can't be much worse than what we got to see on-screen, right? :wink@ Or maybe Karin and Jenny have something up their sleeves? :thinks:

Please update soon! :bowing :best:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Ms Southworth
    Sunshine

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,363
    Great update with the arrival of John Ross' date and also the quarral in the kitchen! :loveit:

On one hand, John Ross was sweet and accommodating when he welcomed Melissa to Southfork! :) On the other hand, I would have liked for him to show her out to the pool himself, getting her a drink, etc., prior to him going upstairs to change! :( (But I'm guessing that there could be is a reason why Melissa had to witness JR and Sue's quarral)! ;)
    I was happy for Sue Ellen! At this point, I'm also very pleased with John Ross' taste in women! :kiss: (I loved the way you wrote this part of the scene! :gotcha: )

I don't blame Melissa for being puzzled about the living arrangements of John Ross' divorced parents! ... LOL ... it is rather unique! :lol:

The quarral in the kitchen was definitely intensive ... ... and intensive in more ways than one, right?. :giggle: Great writing once again! :hats:

JR is acting like a dog in heat! :giggle: And it's cute how Sue Ellen refuses to give in to her urges! :wink@ Although I think that Sue Ellen can do so much better than JR, I also think that it's kind of sweet how persistantly he keeps on pursuing her! It's just like watching "Dallas" for real on TV! :clap:

Oh, Sue Ellen!!! Why did you admit out loud to having thoughts about JR? :rolleyes: Now, he's got you exactly where he wants you ... and it'll just be a matter of time before he manages to "haul" you in! ;) I'm glad that Sue Ellen managed to remind JR of his mistresses (and thus why their two marriages broke up in the first place! Nice "punch", IMO! :door: :wink@

I felt so bad for Melissa having to witness all of this! :hair: Not the best start to a first date! :(

Please update soon! I want to know what happens later on John Ross' date! :best:

• Like Like x 3
  17. Ms Southworth
    Sunshine

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,363
    Great update from the Multiplex! :dance:

I have a feeling that Cliff is about to get a big awakening! :eek: Somehow, he seems to have forgotten that he played a big part not only in JR's but also Sue Ellen's lives. :wink@

I wonder how the movie will not only affect himself but also his relationship with Afton and Becky! :think:

I feel bad for Afton at this point! Especially since she didn't know about the movie beforehand and was caught off guard when the reporters asked her about the movie! :( I also feel bad for Becky who will see her parents' past played out on-screen! :(

Overall, great writing! :clap:

Hurry up and give us the next update, please Karin! :danc: Countless storylines are hanging in the air (in case you didn't know)! ;)

:best:

• Like Like x 3
  18. Karin Schill
    Fine

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,893
    Original Member Since:
    September 2004
    Thank you everyone for the feedback. It's always much appreciated. :)

Presea, I am glad that you enjoyed the movie scenes. Yes it's finally released in the USA and you will find out later this episode how certain people will react to it.
    Yeah John Ross date with Melissa didn't start off that good with her seeing that embarrassing conversation between his parents!

Sanda, thank you. I hope my computer starts to behave better too. But I doubt it will happen. Today it's already frozen twice...
    Right now I'm on vacation but I need to fix this computer bug before I start working as I use my computer to edit.

Ms Southworth, I agree that Norway is beautiful. Nice that you've also travelled there recently we will have to swop stories and experiences in PM. :)
    I'm glad that you found the TV interview about the movie hiliarous. Cliff sure is full of himself and thinks he is right and that JR is wrong. Of course it's not that black or white but some of what he said about JR is true...
    Good that you like Melissa so far and thanks for saying that the JR/SE scene was just like watching the show. I take that as a compliment. :)
    You are right when you say that the movie premiere might not work out the way Cliff thinks...

More about that later but first it's back to Southfork for more of John Ross date in tonight's update:

Melissa was sitting down on the pool’s edge and was working on her tan when John Ross came out of the house wearing blue swimming shorts. Melissa was dressed in a red bikini. John Ross stood there admiring the view for a while before he called out, “Melissa!”

Melissa looked up and made a mental note that John Ross was looking really good without a t-shirt. Then she smiled, “Oh good you’re back.”

“Yeah so how about getting in the water?” John Ross asked.

“Sure,” Melissa replied and they jumped in. “Oh its freezing cold.”

“I know, so how about that I race you and whoever wins decide a prize?”

“Nah, I don’t want us to compete for a prize,” Melissa shook her head.

“How about for fun then?”

“Okay but how about diving instead?”

“All right let’s go diving.” John Ross agreed and they climbed out of the pool and up to the trampoline.

Melissa dove into the pool and surfaced after about four meters. She turned around to John Ross and smiled challengingly, “Beat that.”

“Oh I will,” John Ross smiled back, before he dove into water and came up 4 inches further away than Melissa. He smiled, “I won!”

“So you did…” Melissa acknowledged. “I want a rematch.”

“Okay,” John Ross said.

They started to get out of the pool when Ray and Donna came out of the house dressed in riding clothes. They were so involved in their own conversation that they didn’t notice John Ross and Melissa. John Ross and Melissa looked at them as Ray said to Donna, “Are you really sure that you want us to race?”

“Afraid that I’ll beat you cowboy?” Donna asked teasingly.

“Oh not at all since we both know that I’d win.”

“Oh you’re pretty sure of yourself.”

“Yeah there’s no way you’ll beat me.”

“Well you just wait and see Ray Krebbs and I’ll show you that I still know how to handle a horse,” Donna smiled. “I can win you know?”

“We’ll see about that,” Ray said as they disappeared towards the stables without as much as a hello to John Ross and Melissa.

“Who were those people?” Melissa asked.

“Oh that was my dad’s half-brother Ray and his ex-wife Donna, they are Margaret’s parents,” John Ross explained.

Melissa raised her eye brows and said, “Ex-wife?”

“Yeah Uncle Ray and Aunt Donna divorced in1987,” John Ross confirmed.

“They didn’t look like ex’s to me,” Melissa commented.

“Well they are. Uncle Ray is married to Jenna now. But I haven’t seen her in years since they live in Italy with her children Charlie and Lucas.”

“So Ray has one child with Donna and two with Jenna?”

“No Jenna had Charlie from a previous marriage and Lucas is my Uncle Bobby’s son,” John Ross explained.

Melissa frowned when she heard that. “Let me see if I got this right, your uncle is raising your other uncle’s son?”

“Yeah,” John Ross replied like if it was a natural thing.

Melissa shook her head before she said, “Your family is sort of weird.”

“Tell me about it,” John Ross said, “So how about a rematch?”

“Sure you’re on,” Melissa smiled and they went over to the trampoline and dove into the pool again. This time John Ross dove first and Melissa after him. But John Ross still won.

“I won again,” John Ross smiled.

“So I’ve noticed, give me one more chance, I know I can beat you,” Melissa said.

“Oh is that a fact?” John Ross asked teasingly.

“Come on, let me prove it to you!”

“Alright, we can dive again.”

They turned around to walk up of the pool when Rebecca and Margaret suddenly came out of the house, yelling in unison, “Hi John Ross, Hi Melissa!”

“Remember us?” Rebecca added.

“Yeah you’re the little girls who were with John Ross at the ice-cream bar,” Melissa said.

“Yes, that’s us,” Margaret smiled.

“But I bet you don’t remember our names?” Rebecca said.

“Let’s see…” Melissa thought for a moment before she pointed at Margaret, “You are Margaret right?”

“You remembered,” Margaret smiled.

“Yes you’re his cousin, we just saw your parents leave a little while ago,” Melissa said.

“What about me then?” Rebecca said. “Do you remember my name too?”

“Um…I’m sorry but can you give me a clue?”

“It starts with an R,” Rebecca smiled sweetly.

“Right, R as in…Rosie” Melissa tried.

But Rebecca shook her head, “No Rebecca.”

“Right Rebecca, I’m sorry I forgot,” Melissa said.

“No it’s ok,” Rebecca said.

“So Melissa would you like to read my book?” Margaret asked.

“You’ve written a book?” Melissa asked surprised.

“Yeah it’s called A day at the White House by Margaret Krebbs Dowling.”

“Sure I’d love to read it,” Melissa said politely. “But not now, as I’m swimming.”

“If you like I can join you swimming,” Rebecca butted in. “I’ve just learnt how to,” Rebecca added proudly.

“That’s very sweet of you. Maybe next time,” Melissa smiled.

“So girls, can you do me a favor?” John Ross asked.

“Sure,” Rebecca agreed.

“Can you go back inside the house and ask Mama to bring Melissa and me some lemonade?” John Ross asked.

Melissa shifted uncomfortably at the mentioning of his mother, as she remembered too well what she’d just seen between his parents earlier that afternoon.

“You two want to be alone huh?” Rebecca saw right through John Ross.

“Of course they do, they are on a date,” Margaret replied.

John Ross and Melissa laughed at that and John Ross said, “But you’ll do it right?”

“Right,” Margaret and Rebecca said in unison before they walked away.

“Your little sister is so cute,” Melissa said.

John Ross looked puzzled for a moment before he laughed, “You mean Rebecca?”

“What’s so funny?”

“She’s not my sister, she’s my cousin,” John Ross said.

“I’m sorry it’s just that she was with you at the ice-cream parlor so I just assumed that…”

“It’s ok and believe me you won’t think she’s so cute when the day’s over.”

“Oh I don’t know, I’ve always wanted a kid sister,” Melissa said. “But all I’ve got is an older brother.”

“Me too, or actually he’s my half-brother. But we didn’t grow up together so in some ways I feel like I’m an only child…”

“I’m sorry.”

“Nah it’s okay, I’m very close to my cousin Chris. He’s kind of like the little brother I never had as we’ve grown up together,” John Ross said.

“Okay,” Melissa nodded. “Why didn’t you grow up with your half-brother then?”

“Because no one knew about James when I was little,” John Ross explained. “He just popped up when I was like 10. Even my dad didn’t know he existed before then.”

“I’m sorry that must have been quite a shock.”

“It was,” John Ross said and since he didn’t feel like talking more about James he added, “So what is your brother’s name?”

“Mike, he’ll pick me up later today so then you can meet him.”

“Cool I’d like that,” John Ross said. “So do you still want that rematch you asked for?”

“Definitely,” Melissa smiled and they walked over to the trampoline and continued diving into the pool…

• Like Like x 3
  19. Honkytonkangel

Honkytonkangel Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +278
    As pissed off as I still am with Don and wish that movie had never seen the light of day, it IS a little bit funny to see how others, like Afton, react.
    I'm really hoping there's a mention of that little scuzzball Cliff too, just to see the smugness wiped right of his face.
    John Ross was cute on his date here, but I felt bad for Melissa walking in on JR and Sue Ellen's argument and for having Margaret and Rebecca butt in. There's just never a quiet moment on that ranch LOL.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Ms Southworth
    Sunshine

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,363
    Great update about John Ross and Melissa's first date! :bravo:

Hmmm ... I have to wonder if Melissa really has the abilities to win the diving contest, but chooses to let John Ross win in order not to hurt his ego! :think: ... :giggle: I love that there is now a trampoline next to the Southfork pool! :gotcha:

I'm excited about all the "historic" mentionings related to the "crazy" and not so ordinary Ewing family, who - for instance - all live under one roof ... ... divorced or not! :giggle:

It was cute how Donna and Ray were so "wrapped" up in their own flirtatious talk that they didn't even notice passing a couple of teenagers. :kiss:

LOL ... Margaret still can't help talking about her book to anyone who will listen! :lolo: And Rebecca is a whiz at "reading" through just about anything! :lolo:

Please give us the next update ASAP! :best:

• Like Like x 3