1. Show your support for DALLAS in the battle of the soaps

The Character's Exit

Click here for more details
    Dismiss Notice

Dallas in the 90's

Discussion in 'Dallas Writers Room' started by Karin Schill, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,454
    Original Member Since:
    September 2004
    At the night club On the Rocks in downtown Dallas. Charlie and Randy were sitting at a table with their drinks. However Charlie looked like she was about a mile away.

“So what are you thinking of?” Randy asked. However Charlie didn’t answer. “Charlie?” Charlie snapped out of it said, “Huh?”

Randy smiled at her and said, “Where were you?”

Charlie sighed, “Actually I was thinking about mom and Ray…”

“What?” Randy looked surprised. “Why the hell for?”

Charlie sighed again, “I don’t know. I guess I’m just a bit worried. I mean when I was younger all I ever wanted was for them to get divorced…”

“And now?”

“I don’t know. He makes mom happy and Lucas adores him. He’s really been a good father to him…”

“But…”

Charlie bit her lip, “I can’t stand it if he moves in with us again. I can’t live in the same house as that man!” Charlie said upset.

“Well we did look at an apartment today but…”

Charlie made a face, “Randy get real not even a rat would want to live in that one!” At that Randy smiled however Charlie leant her head down on the table saying in a desperate tone of voice. “We’re never gonna find a place!”

Randy put his arms around her, “Charlie of course we will. Sooner or later!”

Charlie looked up at him, “Well I hope it will be sooner, cause sooner or later mom is gonna contact Ray and…”

“Come on that day that sorrow,” Randy said and they exchanged a smile. “Besides as long as your Aunt is staying with you I’m not sure Ray wants to move back in with Jenna.”

“Well then I hope Aunt Martha will stay for a long time!”

“Yeah me too,” Randy said however he didn’t look too pleased at the idea!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Mrs Bobby James Ewing Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +678
    Great updates Karin.:) I still enjoy reading your story daily and congratulations on 50,000 views for your story. :)I am glad Pam ended things with Richard over the phone.:) JR is terrible trying to break up Bobby and Pam by having Rattigan dig into Pam's life away from Dallas but it is something JR would do. :(;)I don't blame Miss Ellie for be worried about Clayton's health because she wants him to around for a long time. :)Clayton needs to slow down and not over do it. :)I am glad Mitch got the job at the hospital in Dallas because and Lucy need to be town for their families right now. :) The wade family storyline is my least favorite storyline right now but I can't wait for the Ewing family to find out that they are back in the town because I can't wait find out how Bobby, Pam, Christopher, Rebecca, Donna, Ray, and Margaret are going to deal with fact tat they are back in town and that Lucas already knows that Bobby is Lucas's father because that will bring lots of exciting drama to the Ewing and Krebbs families. :):(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ms Southworth

Ms Southworth Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,081
    I second that! :spinning:Welcome to Soapchat, @Lizzy Ewing ! :group:

You think that you can see everyone reading this amazing thread! :D But have you ever noticed that some screen names are not on the list? Like mine, for instance! :giggle:

Mark's infatuation with Pam blinded him and took away his common sense! Honestly, I never understood why Mark kept pursuing Pam when it was quite clear that she was no way near over Bobby! ;) For instance, Pam didn't want to go to the Rodeo (bull riding contest), and Mark had to convince her! :think: Also, it took Pam a really long time before she was intimate with Mark (and even then it was for all the wrong reasons). :mo: And let's not forget Pam's behavior after they'd spent the first night together! :rolleyes:

Pam did a lot to keep her relationship with Mark on "low". ;) Mark kept pushing her forward time and time again! :( And when Pam did take tiny steps with Mark, it wasn't because she loved him and wanted to be with him! :( It was because she thought that she had lost Bobby! :(

If Mark's instincts told him that there was something "fishy" going on, then there probably was! The truth always comes out eventually, even for Mark! ;) Why Mark wasn't able to put two and two together, I will never understand! :confuse:

Nooooo ..... you haven't shared that information yet! :p Couldn't you accidently share some more future related details about your fanfic??? :wink@

Sorry, but honestly I thought that we deserved at least a triple treat in regards to this celebration! :shy: :(

Might I just add that the update from JR's office was reply # 1,500 on this amazing thread!!! :clap::spinning::clap::spinning::clap::spinning::clap::spinning::clap:

Doesn't that "landmark" deserve a huge weekend celebration with multiple updates for the next three days??? :jolly:Especially when you also consider the 50,000 views!!! :loveit: Pretty please, Karin??? :kiss:

:best: :bowing :best: :bowing :best: :bowing :best: :bowing :best:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,454
    Original Member Since:
    September 2004
    Thank you for the detailed feedback Sanda. I'm glad that you're still enjoying this story. :)
    I agree with a lot of what you said. Looking into Pam's past and trying to break her and Bobby up is horrible. But it's such a JR thing to do!
    He wouldn't be the character we love (to hate) if he didn't do things like that. ;)
    You are right that the Wade storyline will pick up when they meet the rest of the Ewing family...

That's true and well sorry to disappoint you but that's one of the first things I noticed!
    So since I know you are keeping up with this story, I realized right away that the list of people who reads it can't be complete... ;)

I agree with you about Mark. The way he kept persuing Pam even though she wasn't all that intereted was annoying as heck.
    I especially disliked how he brought her on vacation to France with him and tried to bed her while she was still married to Bobby! :mo:

You can be very persuasive but I'm sorry I don't have the time to update this thread a lot this weekend as I have one of my best friends coming for a visit. :)
    In fact I need to post today's update already now or else I probably won't find the time for it...

The next morning at Southfork were Miss Ellie, Clayton, JR, Sue Ellen, John Ross, Bobby, Pam, Christopher, Rebecca, Donna, Ray, Margaret, Lucy and Mitch gathered around the breakfast table outdoors on the patio. Margaret asked, “Does anyone want to hear my politic information?”

“No!” John Ross, Mitch and Christopher sighed in chorus.

Margaret looked disappointed, “No?”

“If she gets to blab to you about those dead Politician’s again, you’ll have to watch me swim,” Rebecca said.

“But we’ve already watched you swim dear,” Miss Ellie said to Rebecca before she turned to Margaret. “Margaret, what have you intended to tell us about today?”

“The Second World War ma’am,” Margaret replied. “The war that Hitler started…”

“I see,” Miss Ellie frowned, as it wasn’t a happy time for her.

“Margaret, maybe this isn’t such a good idea…” Ray objected.

“You don’t want to hear about the Second World War?” Margaret asked innocently.

“Not exactly,” Clayton replied.

“I’m sorry Margaret, but no, that wasn’t the best time for me with Jock off fighting in the war…”

“Wow, grandpa fought in the war?” John Ross said with respect in his voice.

“Yes he did, he was stationed over in England,” Miss Ellie confirmed.

“That’s so interesting, I didn’t even think of that you’re old enough to have lived thru the Second World War,” Margaret said reflectively.

“Yeah exactly how old are you grandma?” Rebecca asked.

“Rebecca haven’t anyone ever told you that it’s not polite to ask a lady about her age?”

“Yeah mama says that all the time,” Rebecca said.

“Why don’t you tell us more about the war?” Christopher asked Miss Ellie.

“Yeah I wanna hear about it too,” Margaret said.

Miss Ellie sighed, “Well some other time then, as it’s not an appropriate conversation for the breakfast table.”

“Definitely not,” Clayton agreed when Teresa came walking up to them.

“The mail,” Teresa started handing out today’s mail.

“Thank you,” JR said when she handed him the morning paper.

“A letter for Mr. Bobby,” Teresa handed Bobby a letter.

“Thank you Teresa,” Bobby said before he frowned when he saw the hospital logo on the envelope. “I wonder what the hospital wants…” Bobby opened the letter and started to read it.

“No letter from my divorce attorney?” Sue Ellen asked.

“No Mrs. Lockwood,” Teresa replied.

“Oh well,” Sue Ellen shrugged her shoulders before she turned to JR and said, “By the way JR what would you say about...”

“Damn!” Bobby interrupted Sue Ellen. Suddenly he had all pair of eyes on him.

“What’s the matter Bobby?” Ray asked.

“Bad news?” JR asked.

“What did the letter say?” Pam asked.

“That I’m going on a doctor’s check up on Wednesday,” Bobby explained.

“That’s all?” Miss Ellie asked.

“Yeah but it’s so damn unnecessary. I’m not sick,” Bobby pouted.

“Bobby calm down a little, huh?” Clayton said.

“Yeah when was the last time you went to the doctors anyhow?” Lucy asked.

“Um…about five years ago I think,” Bobby said.

“There you’ll go, it’s probably just a normal check up,” Lucy said.

“I guess you’re right. It’s just that I hate going to the doctors,” Bobby whined.

“Well if you go to the doctors I’ll let you decide a reward later,” Pam told Bobby.

“Oh I like that idea,” Bobby smiled flirtatiously at her.

“Not that kind of reward, I meant like my shopping,” Pam gave Bobby a playful pat on his arms.

“Alright then, prepare yourself for a night out, since we’re going to the disco on Friday!”

Pam looked surprised, “The disco?”

“Oh My God, are they even letting in people your age?” John Ross laughed.

“Yes they do, it’s just little kids like you who can’t get in,” Bobby said.

I wouldn’t bet on it, John Ross reflected since he knew that all you needed was a fake ID and then all doors would open for you. In fact his fake British ID card had gotten him into a lot of night clubs already. So his uncle was so wrong. Yet he didn’t want the rest of the family to know about that so he just said sarcastically, “Ha, ha, very funny Uncle Bobby!”

His uncle on the other hand didn’t pick up on the sarcasm in his voice as he turned his attention back to his fiancée, “Oh come on Pammy, it’ll be fun, when was the last time you’ve been to a nightclub, anyway?” Bobby tried to coax her into it.

“Good question, it’s been so long that I can’t even remember…”

“There you’ll see, on Friday you and I are going to party!” Bobby smiled.

“Alright if you want to party, I guess we’re going to the disco,” Pam smiled.

“Fine I’ll come with you,” Miss Ellie said and everyone stared at Miss Ellie.

“You wanna go to the disco with us?” Pam asked surprised.

“No God forbid. I meant that I’ll go with you to the doctors,” Miss Ellie clarified and everyone laughed. “I have some things I need to talk to him about regarding Clayton’s work-out schedule. He really shouldn’t be allowed to exercise like that and…”

“Don’t start again. I am not over doing it and don’t ruin this for me. I have just been able to start working out again and…”

“I know and it can’t be right,” Miss Ellie insisted.

“It is right, I feel stronger than I have in years and…”

“Clayton please, I’m just worried about you!”

“Fine talk to him then if it makes you feel better, he’s just gonna tell you that it’s perfectly fine for me to exercise,” Clayton said. But Miss Ellie looked thoughtful, as she was not so sure about that. There’s something fishy about that doctor and God help him, I intend to find out what, Miss Ellie made a mental promise to herself to get to the bottom of this. Since she was not just gonna stand by and watch her husband exercise himself into an early grave.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,081
    Oh yes, very maddening! :bang: I wanted to knock Mark out cold in just about every episode he was in! :head:And I never grew to like him! :a2:

Oh, that's an excellent example of how bad Mark was! :brick: And even more so, since he knew Pam's husband! :rant:Maybe not as a personal friend, but still! :argue: Mark's personality traits were just horrible! :r&r:

Oh, bummer! :(

Well, you can't blame a girl for trying, right? :wink@ Maybe we could postpone the fanfic celebrations for some time next week? :loveit:

Have a great weekend with your friend! :spinning:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,081
    Great scene from JR's office! :)

LOL ... It's easy to imagine Larry Hagman at his desk with his feet up! :lolo: Great staging, Karin! :clap:

rotf ... ... It's been two months! And Rattigan still hasn't come up with anything on Pam? :giggle: Could this be the first time that he flies to L.A. ... ... after two months of desk work? :eck:

Great dialogue between JR and Rattigan:
    • That sounds great, so is Marilee still having a taste for younger men?” :oops:
    • “Not really, you want me to place some dirt?” :eek:
    I'm happy that Rebecca has grown on JR! :) But he still wants Rattigan to continue checking out his niece ... ... “[for] Bobby’s sake, my poor brother’s so gullible and we both know that you can never take a woman’s word for anything…:rolleyes:

Funny but also heartbreaking that JR insisted that Rattigan send the files on Pam and Rebecca to Southfork addressed to Bobby! :( Very much JR's style! :D But I have to wonder why he is willing to risk his relationship with Sue Ellen? :think: After all, won't he push her away, if she finds out that he had something to do with all of this? :think:

I'm saddened that JR (still) seems to get a kick out of hurting his brother! :( And this time around, JR will also be hurting his beloved niece too! :( Somehow, I can just imagine everything caving in on Bobby and Pam's happy life! Especially if Jenna should happen to show up at Southfork with Lucas at the same time Pam learns about the investigation reports on her and her daughter! The love, respect and trust between Romeo and Juliet will be put to the ultimate test! :wink@

You've given us lots to think about, Karin! :fantastic: Great suspense! :jolly: Great writing! :loveit:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,081
    It won't come as a surprise to anyone that I'm indifferent in regards to the scene with Charlie and Randy! :embarrassed:

I'm glad that Charlie acknowledges (even though she never wanted her mom to be with Ray) that Ray has actually been a really good father to her brother. :gotcha:

Great dialogue and thus also great writing (even though I really don't care for the characters)! :jolly:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,081
    Amazing update from the breakfast table at Southfork! :jolly: Definitely 10 out of 10 points! :loveit:

Margaret's continued attempts to discuss politics with her family makes me chuckle every time! :giggle: Will she ever give up? :think: I loved her line to Miss Ellie about WW2: “That’s so interesting, I didn’t even think of that you’re old enough to have lived thru the Second World War!:D

And Rebecca followed suit and kept the drama interesting: “Yeah exactly how old are you grandma?:lolo:

LOL ... I love Theresa's choice of words: “A letter for Mr. Bobby!:giggle:

Funny dialogue, especially coming from a grown man like Bobby! :lmao:And a especially a man who not so long ago spoke up about his fiancé's complaints about her upcoming doctor's visit!: :rlol:
    • What did the letter say?” :think:
    • “That I’m going on a doctor’s check up on Wednesday” :(
    • “That’s all?” :D
    • “Yeah but it’s so damn unnecessary. I’m not sick! ... ... It’s just that I hate going to the doctors!” :lolo:

It would have been really funny, if one of the kids at the breakfast table had asked what kind of reward Pam wasn't thinking of! :giggle:

A night at the disco sounds like a good time! :) (Unless, of course, Bobby and Pam would happen to run into someone they know ... ... like Charlie and Randy! :( ).

Funny how everyone misunderstood Miss Ellie and initially thought that she wanted to join her son and daughter-in-law at the disco! rotf

I guess that there is potential for an "interesting" visit to the doctor's office for both Bobby and Miss Ellie! :jolly: Especially if Miss Ellie is able to get to the bottom of this whole ordeal! :yep:

Once again, I love Miss Ellie's concern for Clayton's health! :kiss:

Please update as soon as you can! :best: We need our daily fix of this amazing fanfic! :wink@

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. superman fan

superman fan Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +434
    Original Member Since:
    September 2007
    :best::loveit::best::loveit::best::loveit:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +678
    Great update Karin. :) I hope you have a wonderful time with your friend this weekend.:) I loved the different topics of conversation at the breakfast table among the Ewing family and I am happy that Miss Ellie is going to be speaking to Clayton's doctor about his health. :)I hope Clayton's doctor is honest with her about her husband's health and that he doesn't give try to avoid her questions about Clayton's health because of doctor patient confidentially.:) :(

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,454
    Original Member Since:
    September 2004
    Thank you everyone for the feedback. It's much appreciated as always. :)

Ms Southworth, I know Rattigan works slow. Also JR is not concerned about that this will ruin his relationship with Sue Ellen since he doesn't think that Bobby will realize who is behind sending him those documents. Moreover in JR's eyes he is only looking out for his baby brother. He is not after hurting Bobby or Rebecca. He just wants what's best for Bobby and in his opinion Pam isn't it!
    So he's just trying to help his brother see the light...

You will find out later how the visit at the doctor and the night out at the disco will go! ;)
    A little tidbit, the first title of this episode was "Bobby and Pam's Night Out" but it was later changed to "A Night Out", which can either refer to Bobby and Pam or John Ross date with Paula.

I totally agree with you. I never grew to like Mark either for that reason. It sucks how he was introduced as an old friend of Bobby's and then in the next second he was trying to steal Bobby's wife. That is just not okay! :r&r:

I also hated how they tried to turn Mark into a bad Bobby replacement during the dream season...
    Pam and Mark was my least favorite part of the entire season...so I cheered when Bobby returned in the shower. Of course I knew about it beforehand as I watched those seasons in reruns. So I guess that helped some as I never felt cheated out of storylines that never happened since I knew all along it was all a dream! :giggle:

Thank you. We did have a great time. Yesterday we had a belated Halloween party. :hallow3:
    It was great fun, especially since it was the first one we've had in five years!

Shan, I'm glad you're still enjoying this story. :)

Sanda,
    thank you. I did have a great time. :)
    Oh yeah Clayton's doctor better watch out. Miss Ellie is one tough lady who is used to get her way. So if something fishy is going on she's bound to see through it! ;)

Okay so it's time for an update and since I didn't post one yesterday you'll get two today:

At Wades house was Jenna looking for Charlie. She found her cuddled up in the living room sofa reading a book. Jenna said, “Hi honey.”

Charlie looked up a little distantly saying, “Yeah hi,” before turning back to her book.

Jenna sat down in a chair saying, “What are you reading?”

Charlie sighed, “Danielle Steel,” Charlie then turned the book so that Jenna could see the title of the book on the cover. It was No Greater Love.

“Oh that’s a good one,” Jenna said. Then she bit her lip before she went on. “You got a minute to talk?”

Charlie sighed again before putting down her book saying, “Sure. What’s on your mind?”

“Well you seemed pretty distant at breakfast this morning. Is Aunt Martha staying here upsetting you?”

Charlie shook her head, “No it’s not that…”

“Then what?” Jenna asked. “Charlie you know you can talk to me about anything.”

Charlie bit her lip, “Anything?”

“Yes,” Jenna nodded.

Charlie sighed, “Ok, Randy and I started talking yesterday…about Ray.”

“Ray?” Jenna asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Yeah, Mom I don’t know what’s gonna happen between you and Ray but I can’t live in the same house as him again. I just can’t!”

Jenna sighed, “You know Charlie I really don’t know what happened between the two of you. When we first moved in with Ray you were so happy about it…”

“Yeah but that was before he tried to play my dad and butt into everything.”

“What do you mean?” Jenna asked.

“What do you think I mean?” Charlie snorted. “The why he tried to butt in with me and Randy, hassling me about my grades, look mom it’s wasn’t Randy’s fault that my grades were so low back then. It was Rays!”

Jenna looked surprised, “Really?”

“Yeah but whenever I tried to explain you just turned your back on me. I just couldn’t get used to Ray being my step-dad.”

Jenna looked down, “I’m sorry. I know things never really been easy for you.”

“Yeah you can say that again. I mean seriously mom my life has practically been a mess!”

“What makes you say that?” Jenna gave her daughter a concerned look.

“Well first this whole thing with Bobby not being my father. Then getting to meet my real father, but not before long…he gets murdered!” Charlie paused before she went on. “Then I thought that you were going to marry Bobby but instead you married a man I hardly knew. Okay I liked him at first but then he started with his lectures and…” Charlie went quiet.

Jenna sat down next to her, striking her hair saying, “Charlie I know it’s never really been easy for you and I know it’s my fault. But darling believe me, no matter what has happen I’ve always loved you.”

“I know that.”

“And Lucas.”

“Yeah Lucas,” Charlie sighed. “That was also hard you having a kid with Bobby but living with Ray.”

“What?” Jenna didn’t follow her. “I thought you loved having a brother…”

“Of course I do,” Charlie said. “I really do mom. It was just back then the kids at school bullied me for it.”

“I didn’t know that,” Jenna said looking down. Then she looked at Charlie saying, “Why haven’t you ever told me?”

“Because Ray wanted to handle it all in his own way!”

Jenna sighed, “Charlie I’m so sorry, I wish we’d had this conversation years ago.”

“Yeah it might have been easier. But on the other hand you didn’t know what was going on!”

Jenna sighed again, “But somehow I did. You always seemed so much happier being out of the house then with us. I really should have done something back then.”

“Well at least we’re talking now,” Charlie said.

“Yeah and I am so glad for that. I really feel like we’ve found our way back to each other this summer.”

“We have,” Charlie agreed. “I hope it stays that way.”

“Me too,” Jenna said and they exchanged a hug. “Hey know what?” Jenna smiled. “Maybe you and I should spend some quality time today, just the two of us?”

“Yeah that sounds great. But what about Lucas?”

“Oh he’s playing with the boy next door. The Andersons’ kid!”

“Oh but Aunt Martha…”

“Would probably not mind getting some quiet time without us around for a change. So what do you say?”

Charlie smiled, “I say let’s hit the mall! I need a new outfit for the weekend!”

• Like Like x 2
  12. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,454
    Original Member Since:
    September 2004
    JR was sitting in his office at Ewing Oil working on his computer when his secretary Sly buzzed him, “JR, Mr. and Mrs. Stone are here to see you.”

“Marilee’s here?”

“No it’s Bruce and Heather Stone,” Sly informed him.

JR sighed, as he didn’t particularly like Marilee’s relatives. Yet they had spiked his curiosity so he agreed to see them, “Send them in.”

“Okay,” Sly said and a moment later the door opened and Bruce and Heather Stone walked into his office.

JR faked a smile as he greeted the young couple, “Heather lovely to see you again,” JR said to the young woman before he nodded half heartedly at the younger man. “Bruce. Can I get you both a drink?”

“No thanks, I’m afraid this is not a social call,” Heather said, as they sat down.

“But you might need one,” Bruce said smugly and Heather threw him an annoyed glance.

“I take it you have bad news for me,” JR said grimly. “So why don’t you spit it out?”

“Okay we’re here to terminate your contract with our refinery!” Bruce said.

“Excuse me?” JR looked questioning at the couple.

“Mr. Ewing we hate to do this to you but you’ll see we’ve just bought the Cutler refinery in Galveston and to get room for our own oil we need to send some existing clients away,” Heather explained.

“I see,” JR said, “So why Ewing Oil?”

“Well your contract expires at the end of the month so…” Heather said.

“I know that but surely there must be some other company you can terminate instead,” JR said. “I mean Ewing’s been with Cutler for 20 years and besides Marilee and I are old friends.”

Bruce twitched, as he didn’t like the way JR had just said that, it was almost like he implied that he’d had an affair with Marilee, which made Bruce hate the man even more. Bruce looked at JR with contempt in his eyes before he said angrily, “Well so were you and my dad and that didn’t stop you from stabbing him in the back over that Asian deal.”

JR looked surprised before he said, “That was a long time ago boy.”

“Doesn’t change the fact that my father killed himself over that deal,” Bruce said in a way that made JR realize just why Bruce Stone was out to get him.

“That was not my fault. Seth just didn’t have any backbone,” JR said.

“My father was twice the man you’ll ever be,” Bruce said angrily. “Come on Heather we’re done here.” Bruce then stormed out of JR’s office, leaving an embarrassed Heather to cover his tracks.

“I’m sorry about this Mr. Ewing,” Heather said. “When Bruce suggested terminating Ewing Oil’s contract I didn’t realize it was personal.”

“Neither did I when Bruce screwed me over on the Odessa deal this spring. I know better now,” JR said grimly before he added in a threatening tone of voice. “You better watch your husband Heather, because if he’ll come after me again you’ll have a war on your hands!”

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,081
    Somehow, I won’t be surprised, if it turns out that JR hasn’t learned much from the times he lost Sue Ellen! He is naive, if he thinks that any questionable actions that he may take towards others (including his own brother) won’t affect the way Sue Ellen sees him! :cooler:

I’m in the process of re-reading episode 1, where JR suggested that Bobby had paternity tests done to ensure that Rebecca really is his daughter! And as far as I can recall, this is not the only time that JR has brought up the subject! Thus, if Bobby isn’t able to put two and two together once he receives the documents in the mail, I’ll be totally surprised! And JR is naive, if he doesn’t think that Bobby will be able to complete the “puzzle” in a flash! ;)

How much is JR paying you to speak up for him? :giggle:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,081
    Hmmm ... what can I say about the scene with Jenna and Charlie? :think:

Honestly, I don’t understand why Charlie found it necessary to mention to her mother that she can’t live in the same house as Ray again. Last time I checked, Charlie was 22 years old!!! Charlie doesn’t need to be living with her mother at this point in her life, which is why it makes no sense that she is butting in regarding her mother’s life. Charlie has just graduated from university and is also in the process of finding an apartment with her boyfriend. Charlie’s life is elsewhere!

I have a hard time understanding why Charlie supposedly hasn’t matured enough to comprehend that what Ray did when she was a teenager was an act out of love! Ray was trying to protect her to the best of his ability! Ray wasn’t trying to be mean! It’s understandable that a teenager wouldn’t get the “message” or would even misunderstand it, but it’s my belief that young people from 18 and up are able to reflect upon their teenage years and understand why their parents did what they did! Charlie still seems to have this anger towards Ray! And I must say that for Charlie to blame Ray for her poor grades and also her being bullied in school is a low blow completely uncalled for! Ray could have left it all up to Jenna to discipline Charlie, but they chose to parent together, which is quite admirable, IMO!

My life has practically been a mess!:eck: Excuse me, Charlie! There comes a time when you have to take responsibility for your own life and stop blaming everyone around you! :bang: Your mom did the best she could ... when you were a toddler ... a tween ... and a teenager! Stop sounding like a brat, please! What is the point of putting all the guilt on your mom now? Grow up ... and make your own nest elsewhere!!! ;) Just the thought of you (Charlie) becoming a teacher (and thus also a role model for other people’s children) makes me squirm! :(

Sorry, but I just needed to get that off my chest! Charlie whining about all of her teenage problems makes me want to slap her! :box: She comes off as being completely ungrateful for everything that her mom and Ray did for her! Would she have made it through college and university if it hadn’t been for them? I think not! Sorry, I could go on for ever and ever, but I’ll stop now! :shy:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,081
    Great scene from JR’s office! :fantastic: This has got to be one of the best business related scenes so far! :clap: Great dialogue ... ... and I simply cannot give this update less than 10 out of 10 points! :spinning:

It’ll be interesting to see, if Ewing Oil’s contract really will be terminated, or if JR will find some way out! :think:

Funny how JR tries to use Ewing Oil’s longtime business relations and also his longtime “friendship” with Marilee to convince the Stones to terminate someone else’s contract instead, but it ends up backfiring on him! :D

That was a long time ago boy.” ... ... LOL ... ... I love it! :giggle:

Well, JR, your actions did have something to do with Seth’s suicide! You’re not directly responsible, JR, but perhaps if you had just shown some more compassion for Bruce’s loss, Bruce wouldn’t be as pissed off as he seems to be right now! :wink@

Please update soon! :best:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,454
    Original Member Since:
    September 2004
    Thank you for the detailed feedback Ms Southworth. It's much appreciated as always. :)

:Clol: I think in order to write the characters you have to understand them. So I was simply trying to explain JR's POV.

You are right of course, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that JR is behind this scheme...
    But I guess you'll just have ro keep reading to see who sees through JR's scheme first... ;)

I understand your POV when it comes to Charlie and Jenna. You read the scene from a mother's POV and yes Charlie does come across as a bit bratty and ungrateful.
    Yet the scene is written from a teeangers POV. Yes it's one of our original scenes that hasn't changed all that much since we wrote it back in 1995. So as a 15 year old girl I definitely sided with Charlie in this conflict and thought Ray was totally unfair.

It's true that Charlie is trying to establish her life elsewhere. But like all college students who comes back to live with their parents over the holidays she is having a bit hard to adjust to being back living with her mom. Also everyone matures differently and there are some 22 year olds that are still acting like teenagers!
    Anyway this scene is important in the sense that it establish that Charlie still has issues with Ray, Bobby and Pam and what happened some 8-9 years ago. :(

I'm glad that you think the business scene is one of the best ones. :)
    It's one of the new add on scenes.

Anyway here's today's update:

Later that evening at the Jones’ house. Mitch, Lucy, Trevor, Lynette and the kids were seated outside in the warm July heat celebrating Mitch new job. “Didn’t I tell you, you would get it?” Trevor smiled. “Who was right huh?”

“Alright, alright I admit. You were right!” Mitch smiled.

“Hear that Billy daddy was right!” Trevor smiled at his son who was playing with a car on the porches’ stone floor. Next to him sat Lucy and Lynette, also on the floor, watching him and Kathleen who walked around with a doll in her hands.

“Yeah go daddy!” Billy exclaimed and started clapping his hands.

“Hear that darling?” Trevor asked his wife.

Lynette shook her head with an amused smile on her face, “Will you stop bragging and check on that grill instead?” Lynette asked. “After all when you promised Mitch a celebration dinner you didn’t mean to serve him charcoal now did you!”

“Ha, ha very funny,” Trevor said before standing up to check on the grill that was built-into the wall surrounding the porch.

“So did you get the invitation to the vernissage at my gallery?” Lucy asked.

“Yes thank you we did,” Lynette replied.

“So are you coming?” Lucy asked. “It would really mean a lot to me if you did.”

“We’d love to, we just need to find a baby sitter for the children,” Lynette replied, as Kathleen walked over to them, putting her doll in Lucy’s lap.

“Hi there, is this your doll?” Kathleen nodded and Lucy went on, “She’s pretty, what’s her name?”

“Hannah,” Kathleen smiled.

“Oh that’s a nice name,” Lucy said.

“It’s after my sister,” Lynette said. “She gave her the doll and since Hannah was the first name Kathleen learned to say…”

“Hannah it was,” Lucy said. “So your sister lives in Dallas too?”

“No she doesn’t. She lives back home in Vermont, in Saint Albans near Canada.”

“Oh I see. My siblings live in California, in Knots Landing.”

“Brothers or sisters?”

“One of each, twins actually!” Lucy replied.

“That’s nice,” Lynette said. “Are they older or younger then you?”

“Younger! Much younger,” Lucy laughed. “They’ll be 11 in November!”

“Oh really?” Lynette looked surprised. “Your parents must have had them late!”

“Not that late. But they were still in their teens when they had me,” Lucy said.

“Mommy, mommy,” Billy said. “Can I go ride on the slide?” Billy pointed to the yellow slide coming out of a tree house that stood out on the lawn.

“Billy we’re gonna eat soon,” Lynette said.

“Please mommy! Just one time!” Billy pleaded.

“Kathleen slide too,” Kathleen said.

“Oh come on Lynette let them go. I can watch them,” Lucy said.

“You sure?” Lynette asked.

“Yeah,” Lucy stood up.

“Okay you can go slide with Lucy,” Lynette gave in and the kids cheered and jumped up and down. Before Lucy lifted up Kathleen and started to walk down to the slide with Billy running ahead! Mitch smiled as he watched her.

“Lucy is really good with the kids,” Trevor remarked.

“Yeah,” Mitch nodded. “She is.”

“Makes you wanting one of your own?” Lynette asked.

“Someday,” Mitch said.

Trevor pulled down Lynette in his lap and said, “Hey honey they just got remarried. Give them a few months before you start nagging will you!” And they all laughed.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,081
    In that case, it's my bet that Rebecca will be the one to figure it out!

Honestly, I don't believe that you have to be a mother to interpret Charlie the way that I do. As the matter of fact, I'm pretty sure that my views were the exact same when I was twenty (and far from being a mother myself).

I wish that Charlie would be able to leave the past in the past and look ahead instead! She should be old enough to understand that life doesn't always turn out the way we plan! I wish that she would try to analyze why she supposedly still holds a grudge against Bobby/Pam and also Ray! Carrying around that amount of anger and jealousy for a long time, is not healthy! "

In that case, you should consider adding more scenes to your already amazing fanfic! I know that I've said this before, but I'm really missing conversations between Miss Ellie on one hand and her relatives on the other. For instance, I think several talks between Miss Ellie and Bobby would be great; for instance for them to discuss Pam coming back into his life, the fact that he now has a daughter (and she has another granddaughter), the way Christopher has coped with his mom and his sister living at Southfork, and so forth! I love these long talks with so much depth! It would also be interesting to have long talks between Miss Ellie and Ray on one hand and also Miss Ellie and Donna on the other! I have complete faith in your abilities to write great scenes like that!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +678
    Great updates Karin. :)I love your story so much. :)I love all of the storylines in your story and I still enjoy reading it daily. :)I also still enjoying watching original Dallas on DVD even though I think Sue Ellen and Pam were both crazy to remarry JR and Bobby and to move back in to Southfork even though they were both still in love with them even after their divorces became final. :):(I would have permanent headache if I lived at Southfork full time with the Ewing Family. :(

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,081
    First of all, I apologize for leaving you with no emojis yesterday, Karin! :forgive: And secondly, I’m sorry if some of my remarks from yesterday were somewhat harsh! :( Yesterday, I was extremely tired and probably should have postponed writing anything at all. :( And mind you, I fell asleep before I even got around to write a review about Lucy and Mitch! :rolleyes: Yeah, I’m rolling my eyes at myself! :rolleyes:

Anyway, time to talk about your latest update from the Jones’ house! :dance:

Beautiful description of the surroundings! :) It made it really easy to imagine the scene played out! :gotcha:

Go Lynette!: “... ... you didn’t mean to serve [Mitch] charcoal now did you!:lolo:

Oh, I’m sensing that Lucy is practicing her future motherhood skills on Billy and Kathleen! :jolly: Please let Lucy be pregnant ... ... if not already, then real soon! :loveit:

Great comment from Trevor: “Hey honey they just got remarried. Give them a few months before you start nagging will you!:giggle:

Please update soon! :best: :bowing:best: :bowing :best:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,454
    Original Member Since:
    September 2004
    Thank you everyone for the feedback. It's much appreciated as always. :)

Sanda, you are right being married to a Ewing comes with strings attached. Like living in the same house with all of your in-laws! :lolo:
    Southfork might be a nice place but the house is really not that big so I can see why that would put a strain on the best of relationships. Also being super rich the Ewing's living arrangements makes no sense what-so-ever. But at the same time all the drama comes from having them all live in that house. So it just wouldn't be Dallas if they were all living in their own houses. ;)

Ms Southworth, no need to apologize about yesterday's comment. You just spoke your mind from your POV. There's nothing wrong with some discussion.

I'm glad that you enjoyed the Lucy & Mitch update. :)

No it's not. But where would the drama be if there wasn't a conflict?
    Charlie keeping stuff bottled up inside for much longer than what's healthy do create a situation with tension between her and certain relatives, which she has not seen in a long time.

Thanks for your faith in my writing skills. True that we could add more of these heart-to-heart scenes that you are requesting. Yet with the exception of Donna and Miss Ellie's rather frequent talks, these kind of Miss Ellie scenes didn't happen all that often in the original show either.

Okay so here's tonight's update:

On Sunday afternoon at Southfork, John Ross knocked on Sue Ellen’s door. At first there was no reply but he knew she was in there. So he knocked on the door again before he yelled, “Mama it’s me, can I come in?”

“Of course John Ross,” Sue Ellen replied.

John Ross opened the door and walked into the room where he found his mother sitting over by her desk, writing something in her journal. Seeing the dried tears on her cheeks he felt uncomfortable, “Um…if this is a bad time maybe I can come back later.”

“No it’s okay, what did you want?”

“Just to talk,” John Ross said. “Look mama I know you’re upset about the divorce but I’m worried about you.”

“There’s no need to be, I’m fine!” Sue Ellen insisted.

“No you’re not. You’ve been cuffed up in this room most of the week. I’ve barely seen you except at dinner.”

“So I need some space, there’s no big deal.”

“But it is a big deal!” John Ross insisted. “Look mama I overheard daddy and uncle Bobby talk about you the other day…”

“Oh?” Sue Ellen looked questioningly.

“Uncle Bobby said that Aunt Pam’s found you with a drink in your hand before you went to see grandma!” John Ross went on.

Sue Ellen looked down in shame, “I didn’t drink it John Ross.”

“Yeah because Aunt Pam stopped you! Still that you feel like you need to drink worries me. I don’t want you to get sick like you were when I was little. I know that divorces are difficult. But Don’s not worth it mama. It’s not like you were all that happy together anyway!”

“What do you know about that?”

“I lived with you, remember?”

“Yeah, so?” Sue Ellen raised an eyebrow.

“All you did before we moved back to Southfork was argue. You know we’re better off living here in Texas with our family!”

“I know you are John Ross. But you’re forgetting that I’m not married to your father anymore. So to live here at Southfork feels a bit funny for me!”

“But it doesn’t have to be, Southfork was your home too mama and grandma wants you to stay with us,” John Ross insisted before he added. “I want you to stay with me and I’m happiest here at Southfork.”

“I know that honey and I will stay for now. But I can’t promise that I’ll always live here. It’s just until I’ve gotten my divorce sorted and found a place of my own here in Texas.”

“I realize that, I’m just saying that there’s no hurry for you to move out, since I love it when we all live together!”

“Well I’m glad that you’re happy,” Sue Ellen managed a smile.

“Thanks mama and do you know what would make me even happier?”

“No what’s that?”

“If we could spend some time together this afternoon,” John Ross grinned. “How about if you give me my first driving lesson?”

“Oh I don’t know John Ross. I mean I don’t even have a car here and…”

“Well that’s not a problem. Daddy said we can take his car!”

“Yeah but I’m not sure I feel like driving I mean…”

“I’m not taking no for an answer. I want to learn how to drive and I want you there with me for this occasion. It’s a big step in my life!” John Ross pleaded with Sue Ellen.

“Alright then, I’ll take you driving!” Sue Ellen agreed.

“Great, thanks mama!” John Ross grinned as he leant forward and gave his mom a hug and a kiss on the cheek. “Now let’s go!”

“Not so fast, I need to freshen up some first. I’ll meet you downstairs in fifteen minutes, ok?”

“Okay mama!” John Ross agreed and Sue Ellen couldn’t help but smile when she saw how excited her son was about learning how to drive.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1