Dallas in the 90's

Discussion in 'Dallas Writers Room' started by Karin Schill, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,328
    Thank you everyone for the feedback! :)

Silvie, thanks for the emoticons. :)

Miss Southworth, I'm glad that you thought the scene was well written even though you don't care much for the Wades. Good point about Lucas new friend not being over to play yet. It is weird how they are always playing at the neighbour's house.

Okay since tonight's update is a really short one you're getting a double treat:

Christopher was talking on the phone in the hallway of Southfork. “Yeah I’m looking forward to meet you too. Okay I’ll see you. Bye, bye!” Christopher hung up the phone.

“Who are you looking forward to meet?” Pam asked.

Christopher looked at his parents who had just come in from the pool. “Mary,” he replied.

“A girl?” Bobby asked and he and Pam exchanged a look.

“Oh come on dad, it’s just one of the party guests,” Christopher said. “By the way everyone’s coming to the party. That was the last call.”

“Great,” Pam smiled. “So I guess we’ll have to start planning for our costumes.”

“Have you decided what you wanna be son?” Bobby asked.

“Yeah, I wanna be a cowboy!” Christopher smiled.

“Okay cowboy,” Bobby smiled and tousled Christopher’s hair.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,328
    Lucy’s car turned off the road and entered the gates of Southfork. As they were approaching the house Lucy sighed deeply since Mitch hadn’t said one word to her since they’d left the doctor’s office. She was fed up with his sulking and in an attempt to get him to open up she said, “It must be good to be rid of the cast!”

Mitch shrugged his shoulder saying, “Yeah.” But he continued to look out the window at the rain, which had started to fall.

Lucy sighed again. “Come on Mitch don’t be like that. I said I was sorry.”

“Yeah well sometimes you have to stand up for your actions.”

“What do you want me to do?” Lucy asked. “Tell JR and Sue Ellen?”

“I don’t know, what do you think?”

“It’s not my place to tell.”

“Fine have it your way. I still don’t think you should have driven him in the first place!”

Lucy pulled up the car at Southfork’s driveway and sighed heavily, “Can we please stop arguing about John Ross?” Lucy asked in a frustrated tone of voice. “Grandma’s expecting us for lunch!”

Mitch sighed as he opened the car door, stepping out saying, “I’m not going to lunch. I’m taking a shower!”

“But Mitch…” Lucy objected, as she was stepping out of the car.

Mitch turned around and glared at her saying, “No if you wanna go to another family lunch you do so. I’m taking a shower.” And with that Mitch walked into the house.

“Fine,” Lucy said in an annoyed tone of voice as she followed him in.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ms Southworth

Ms Southworth Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,608
    Sweet scene with Christopher and his parents! :love5:

I like that we will get to follow his first experience with love and romance!
    :love6::love1::love8:

I wonder how things will go at Christopher's party! What will his parents and his sister dress up as? And what about Miss Ellie and Clayton? Sue Ellen and JR? Lucy and Mitch? Donna and Ray? :think: Oh, I'm so excited! :spinning:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,608
    Trouble in paradise for the newly weds? :think: I'm talking about Lucy and Mitch, of course! ;)

I absolutely love the way this entire scene was written! :yep: The description of their demeanour and the dialog was outstanding! :jolly:

Uhh, the next time that Lucy gets an invitation, she really needs to talk to her husband prior to accepting the invitation! :fp: (I hate when my better half automatically assumes that I'll attend something with him! And, of course, I try to show him the same respect!).

Anyway, Lucy and Mitch's little dispute is quite common, and I'm sure that Miss Ellie can offer her granddaughter some good marriage advice over lunch! :love3:

I can't wait to hear what happens next! :popcorn: Will we get a beautiful Miss Ellie / Lucy scene? Will the love birds later on kiss and make up? :hug:

Please update soon! :best:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,328
    Thank you for the feedback Ms Southworth. I enjoyed reading your comments as always. :)

Well it's almost Christopher's first experience with love and romance. I guess you've already forgotten that he and Bobby went on a double date in one of the double digit seasons. They went rollerblading. Bobby was there with April and Chris was there with a girl in his class who was much taller than he was.
    But yeah he's never had a girlfriend before so that's gonna be a first... :love4:

I'm glad you enjoyed the way the Lucy and Mitch scene was written. I can tell you as the story goes along there will be more little details like these added all the time and the writing will resemble the way it was written in the first three episodes more.

I know what you mean, it sucks when someone just assume you want to go to a party or something without even asking you first. Then again with Lucy and Mitch the situation is a bit different since they are living at Southfork they are expected for meals every day unless they've told them otherwise. But yeah I know which dispute you're referring to and it's a quite common one that's easy to relate to.

Oh you are in luck as a lot of those questions are gonna be answered already in the next scene... ;)

Okay so here's tonight's update:

Inside the house, the Ewing family was seated around the lunch table. Teresa put down a plate in front of Clayton, who looked strangely at it and said, “Ellie, why is Teresa serving me vegetable soup?”

“Because you need to think of your diet,” Miss Ellie said. “You’ve already put too much strain on your heart working out. Grease is the last thing you need right now!”

Clayton looked longingly at the other’s plates with sausages and frites and sighed before saying. “You’re right, but you shouldn’t eat that junk either!”

“I’m not,” Miss Ellie replied, as Teresa put down another plate of vegetable soup in front of her. “Thank you Teresa.”

“Oh that looks so good, may I have a plate too?” Pam asked.

“Certainly, Mrs. Ewing,” Teresa said.

“Rebecca is that all you’re gonna eat?” Bobby pointed at Rebecca’s plate with half a sausage and three frites on it.

“You’re not feeling ill, are you sweetheart?” Pam asked.

“No, I’m just not hungry!”

“And I know why,” Miss Ellie said. “I found her and Margaret eating Christopher’s pool party candy this morning!”

“Margaret!” Donna looked astonished at her daughter.

“It was Rebecca’s idea!” Margaret explained.

“Oh speaking of my party. I’m not having a pool party!”

“What?” Miss Ellie asked. “But you always have a pool party!”

“Well not this year,” Christopher said, giving John Ross a sore eye.

“He’s having a Masquerade!” Rebecca exclaimed happily.

The others looked surprised and Ray said, “Does that mean we’ll have to dress out?”

“Unfortunately yes,” Bobby sighed.

“Oh come on Bob, it could be fun,” JR said.

“I agree dad and may I suggest a costume for you and mama?” John Ross spoke up, looking up from his brunch.

“It depends on what you have in mind,” Sue Ellen said skeptically.

“Well how about George and Martha Washington?” John Ross suggested.

JR and Sue Ellen looked surprised at him. “What?” JR exclaimed. “You want us to dress out in some phony old costumes from the 16th century, that’s not exactly what I had in mind!”

“Me either, all wigs itches!” Sue Ellen objected.

“For your information George Washington didn’t live in the 16th century. He became our President in 1789,” Margaret corrected JR, as Mitch came walking in with Lucy walking shortly behind.

“Ah Mitch, Lucy good that you are here we’ve already started lunch,” Miss Ellie greeted them. But Mitch didn’t answer as he kept walking up the stairs.

Lucy sighed and then turned towards the table and excused her husband, “Hi everyone, you’ll have to excuse Mitch he wants to get freshened up after the doctor’s appointment.”

“I see. So did everything go okay at the doctors?” Miss Ellie asked.

“Yeah,” Lucy nodded and sat down.

“Good,” Miss Ellie smiled. “So now about the costumes, why don’t everyone decide what you want to wear and then report it back to me so I can order them from the costume shop!”

“Costumes?” Lucy asked, looking confused.

“Oh right you haven’t heard. Christopher has changed his mind he wants a masquerade instead of a pool-party.”

“Masquerade?” Lucy looked at Christopher. “Really?”

Christopher shrugged his shoulders saying, “It’s a fun idea.”

“So what would you like to dress out as cousin Lucy?” Rebecca asked.

“Well I could imagine Miss Moneypenny,” Lucy said.

“Oh that nice looking secretary in the Bond movies,” JR smiled appreciating.

Sue Ellen gave him a look and Pam said, “So then Mitch will be Bond?”

“You’ve got it,” Lucy smiled. “So Rebecca, what are you gonna dress out as?”

“I wanna be a princess!” Rebecca smiled. “And mommy and daddy can be king and queen…”

“Hold on, king and queen?” Bobby made a face. “That sounds so High School!”

“I think it’s a nice idea,” Pam smiled.

“So is Christopher gonna be a prince then?” Clayton asked.

“No a cowboy,” Christopher replied.

“But please Christopher, if you’re a prince we’ll be like the Royal family!” Rebecca pleaded with Christopher.

“Yeah of what country?” Lucy smirked.

“I don’t know a prince sounds so fairytale…” Christopher said hesitatingly.

“Yeah and who always gets all the girls in the fairytales. Not some old cowboy. But the handsome prince,” Rebecca said.

“Well you may have a point there, I think I want to be a prince instead,” Christopher said.

John Ross stared at him like he had lost his mind. “Seriously man, a prince?”

“Why not?” Christopher asked.

“Because you’re starting High School,” John Ross said.

“So?” Christopher looked at him. “Whose idea was it with a Masquerade anyway?”

Bobby raised an eyebrow saying, “Hold on pal, the Masquerade wasn’t your idea?”

“Of course it was,” John Ross hurried to reply. “And if you wanna be a prince, a prince you are!” John Ross smiled his shit eating grin and Christopher looked happy. But what he didn’t notice was that his cousin really thought it was a stinking idea. Well it’s your funeral, John Ross sighed, realizing that he had just sold out his little cousin. Let’s hope Paula’s worth it.

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,608
    As hard as I've tried, I haven't been able to block out everything from the horrible double digit seasons! :( Quite frankly, I didn't care for the numerous roller blading scenes (or other new "places") from back then. It was just not Dallas as I knew it! :(

Also, an innocent date (or play-date) before reaching puberty doesn't count in my book ... ... no matter where it takes place!

7. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,608
    YEAH!!! :spinning: Another amazing family scene from Southfork! :dance: It was EVERYTHING that I love about "Dallas"! :love4:Thank you so much! :love6: I give you 10 out of 10 points! :bowing

LOL ... :giggle:... loved the part about Clayton's diet! :Clol: I fully agree with Miss Ellie that Clayton needs to focus on getting a nutricious and well-balanced diet. However, I think that they should have discussed it privately! I would have been embarrassed, if I'd been Clayton, but I forgive Miss Ellie, since her intentions were good! :hat: I'm not surprised that Pam decided to go with the vegetable soup, since she's always been careful about what she eats! ;)

Funny how Miss Ellie shared the chocolate story about Rebecca and Margaret! :lol: The girls were lucky that Christopher dropped his own "bomb", before they potentially had been punished by their parents! :)

I wonder why is Bobby so negative about dressing up? :think: This is not the first time that he's expressed his frustratio about this topic in this fanfic! Maybe it's just "freedom of the press"?

I loved John Ross' suggestion about how his parents should dress up, and most of all, Margaret's closing remark was hysterical!
    • “I agree dad and may I suggest a costume for you and mama?” :think:
    • “It depends on what you have in mind” :oops:
    • “Well how about George and Martha Washington?” :cool1
    • “What? You want us to dress out in some phony old costumes from the 16th century, that’s not exactly what I had in mind!” :eek:
    • “Me either, all wigs itches!” :mad:
    • “For your information George Washington didn’t live in the 16th century. He became our President in 1789:D

Lucy and Mitch's costumes sounds like a lot of fun! :yep:

Rebecca's idea for dressing up is funny, since it involves her whole family! :lmao: Interesting that she ends up being the one who makes her brother change his mind about his outfit! :think:

Uhh, John Ross was almost busted at the end! :D It'll be interesting to see if Bobby will ask his son some more about why he changed his mind about the theme for his birthday party! ;)

Please update soon! :best:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,608
    No update on Friday? :eyes: Did you forget your loyal fan group, @Karin Schill? :(

• Like Like x 1
  9. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,328
    Thank you for the feedback Ms Southworth. :l1:

Sorry about the lack of update. I was too tired to post one last night.

I think most roller blading scenes actually took place early on in the show since Lucy and Muriel were roller blading a lot! :spinning:

I'm glad that you think the breakfast update was everything you love about Dallas. :ty:

Bobby is not enthusiastic about the dressing out since he thinks Pam will chose a lame costume for him! :giggle:

Oh yeah stay tuned and you will find out if John Ross will be busted or not...

Okay so here's the next update:

Downtown Dallas at the mall were a lot of people shopping. Cliff, Afton and Becky came out of a store and Becky said. “I hope cousin Christopher will like his present.”

“Oh I’m sure he will,” Cliff smiled before he turned to Afton. “But save the receipt just in case!”

“Of course,” Afton said before turning to Becky. “So are we gonna go look at a costume next?”

“Costume?” Cliff asked.

“Yeah for Christopher’s masquerade!” Becky beamed.

“Masquerade?” Cliff asked. “What happened to the dinner?”

“The dinner is on Monday daddy,” Becky explained. “Christopher’s party is next Saturday!”

“But why doesn’t he have the party on his actual birthday?” Cliff asked.

“Because he wants it on the weekend,” Becky said.

“Oh that’s nice that he invited you,” Cliff said.

“Well it’s not like he had any choice in the matter since I’m staying at Southfork over the weekend.”

“You’re what?” Cliff asked.

“Becky’s staying with Mitch while I’m in Philadelphia,” Afton explained.

“What’s in Philadelphia?”

“Well if you must know I’m visiting Mario’s parents.”

Cliff sighed before he asked, “So why isn’t Becky coming with you?”

“I’m not invited, besides I don’t wanna meet those snobs anyway!” Becky said defensively and Cliff looked concerned.

“Becky!” Afton scolded their daughter.

“Why do you think they’re snobs?” Cliff asked in a concerned voice.

“Hello have you met Mario?” Becky asked.

“Um…can’t say I have…”

“Oh lucky you!”

“Becky I don’t like your behavior,” Afton said warningly.

“And I don’t like what I’m hearing, Becky I thought you liked Mario…”

“Sure I like him as much as I like a good root canal!” Becky said sarcastically.

Cliff laughed and Afton looked annoyed. “That wasn’t funny,” Afton scolded their daughter.

Becky sighed, “Sorry mom.”

“Hey I have an idea, why don’t Becky stay with me while you’re away?” Cliff asked.

“Oh can I mom?” Becky asked delighted.

Afton sighed. “Not this time, I’ve already arranged it with Mitch and he and Lucy are looking forward to having you stay over,” Afton said.

“Oh well maybe next time,” Cliff said.

“We’ll see,” Afton said thru gritted teeth. She was clearly not too thrilled that Becky preferred Cliff Barnes over her fiancé!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,608
    Perfectly understandable, Karin! :yep:

However, now you have me worrying about your health, since you didn't post an update on Saturday either! :think: Two days in a row is a bad sign! :( Are you sick? :( Or are we making you tired? :(

Lucy was 16 or 17 at the time, so it made perfect sense for her to rollerblade with her friends! Also, rollerblading seemed to be more "fashionable" in that time era! ;)

As I'm reading all the "old" episodes of your fanfic over again, I find myself reading the GREAT family scenes over and over again! THAT was why I loved Dallas! And I love that you're able to take me back in time and re-live it all over again and again! :spinning:

Why should Pam be the one to pick out a costume for Bobby? :confuse: He's a grown man!!! ;)

This reminds me of an encounter at the supermarket yesterday! As I was packing my large pile of groceries away, the lady behind me began to back the few groceries that she and her husband had bought, when this outrageous conversation took place:
    • SHE: Did you put this in our shopping basket?
    • HE: Yes
    • SHE: What did you do that for?
    • HE: (Didn't say a word and looked away)
    • SHE: We have something similar at home already, you know!
    • HE: (Still not a word from him ... ... I imagine that he was furious and feeling very embarrassed)
    • SHE: I don't get why you had to have this!
    OMG!!! :mad: Why do some people this? :hair: What gives her the right? :frustration: Couldn't she at least have waited and asked him when they were alone?

When the man finally looked up, I managed to sent him a sympathetic look! I felt so bad for him! No one deserves to be treated like that!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,608
    Excellent update about Cliff, Afton, and Becky out shopping for Christopher's birthday present!:spinning: The way that you write the characters is just superb! :jolly:

Great dialogue between the three of them. I especially liked this part:
    • “Becky’s staying with Mitch while I’m in Philadelphia” :)
    • “What’s in Philadelphia?” :think:
    • “Well if you must know I’m visiting Mario’s parents.” :p
    • “So why isn’t Becky coming with you?” :confuse:
    • “I’m not invited, besides I don’t wanna meet those snobs anyway!” :rolleyes:
    • “Becky!” :mad:
    • “Why do you think they’re snobs?” o_O
    • “Hello have you met Mario?” :eek:
    • “Um…can’t say I have…” :(
    • “Oh lucky you!” :D
    Becky's best line has to be: “Sure I like [Mario] as much as I like a good root canal!:laugh1:

I felt bad for Cliff that he wasn't asked if his daughter could spend the weekend with him! It's not that I mind her staying with Lucy and Mitch, but I think (under the circumstances) that Becky probably would have preferred to stay with her dad! :(:(:(

I'm looking forward to both the dinner party on Christopher's actual birthday and also the birthday party on the weekend! :) I wonder if Cliff and Afton will be civil towards one another? Could this be the time when Afton finally realizes that she still has feelings for Cliff? I also wonder if anyone will end up in the Southfork pool? :think::D

Please update soon, Karin! :best: If I get down on my knees, can we please have a double scoop today? :bowing

PS. If Pam ends up picking an outfit for Bobby that he doesn't approve of, maybe he should just "set up" something so that he "happens" to fall in the pool (and thus will have to change clothes)? :giggle:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Mrs Bobby James Ewing Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +813
    Great updates Karin! :)I am looking forward to Christopher's birthday party.:) I hope Lucy and Mitch make up soon.:) I feel bad for Becky and Cliff in your story right now.:( I hope Afton dumps Mario soon because no one wants to see them to get married including me. :(

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,328
    Thank you for the feedback everyone. :)

Ms Southworth, thanks for your concern about my health but no I am not sick. I just spent the day in Stockholm with friends so I had an early morning today and hence no time to update last night. Besides you did get an update yesterday morning... ;)

Agreed about Lucy. Rollerblading is fun when you are a teenager. I used to wish we'd have the kind of indoor halls that they had in the US though as over here we had to go roller skating on the asphalt and it was rather bumpy.

I think the couple you encountered at the super market seemed like an old married couple that were just bickering about something random. Although it is a bit weird that the man didn't say anything back. But maybe he knew it was pointless to argue with his wife.

The Southfork pool?:innocent:
    Well surely it will be used for something else but swimming at some occasion but I am not saying which one! :giggle:

Sorry no double scoop tonight. Maybe some other day this upcoming week...

That's cool, so how far have you come along with the re-read of old episodes?"

Because they are getting a couple's costume! :)

Sanda, I'm glad you're looking forward to Christopher's birthday party. :)
    Also you are in luck since the next update is a Lucy & Mitch one...

Later that afternoon, Lucy came walking into her and Mitch room where he was lying on the bed reading a book. "Hi"

“Hi!” Mitch answered, not looking up from his book.

Lucy sighed as she sat down on the side of the bed. “You had a nice shower?”

“Yeah!”

“It must be good to be able to use both your arms huh?”

“Um…”

Lucy sighed again, rubbing her eyes and said, “Mitch, please talk to me!”

Mitch put away his book and said, “What?”

“Look I know it was wrong of me to cover for John Ross and to let him go in the first place. I should have stopped him.”

Mitch raised an eyebrow. “I agree.”

Lucy moved more into the bed, sitting closer to Mitch. “Mitch I am sorry but it’s hard for me. He is my cousin and I haven’t seen him in a long time.”

Mitch put his hand on Lucy’s arm saying, “I get that. However there are certain times when you have to realize that as an adult you know what’s best and he as a teenager…”

“I know. Trust me I won’t make that mistake again!”

“Good,” Mitch smiled. “After all we’re just looking out for him here, you know that right?”

“Right,” Lucy said and smiled back at him, glad that he had finally stopped sulking.

Mitch shook his head saying, “Well I guess when it really comes down to it, John Ross is JR and Sue Ellen’s problem.”

“Sure is,” Lucy agreed. “By the way you’re never gonna believe this!”

“What?”

“Christopher is having a masquerade!”

Mitch stared at her, “A what?”

“You heard me. We have to dress out!”

Mitch shook his head. “You’re joking.”

“Nope!” Lucy said with an amused smile.

Mitch sighed. “So what did you volunteer us as?”

“Well I figured I’d be Miss Moneypenny and then you could be 007.”

Mitch looked at her questioningly, “James Bond?”

Lucy smiled, raising an eyebrow, “Well you’re sexy enough to fit the part!”

“Oh I’ll give you sexy,” Mitch said in a teasing voice and pulled Lucy towards him.

“Oh you can really use your arm again, can’t you?” Lucy said teasingly.

“Just watch me,” Mitch said in a husky voice and they kissed.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,608
    Hope you had a great time in the Venice of the North! :hugs:

Oh well, you can't blame a girl for trying to get multiple updates! For the record, I considered your update on Saturday as a delayed Friday's update. Thus, I was missing an update for Saturday! Anyway, of course, you're entitled to a day off every now and then! :h1:

If approx. 40 is "old", then you better make sure to enjoy the last few years of your youth, @Karin Schill! :giggle:

I can hardly wait! :spinning:

I think that I'm somewhere in episode 4 or 5! :hat:

And it was Pam who decided that! :rolleyes: Bobby was never asked about his opinion, right? :confused:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,608
    Great scene from Lucy and Mitch's room at Southfork! :)

I really liked the beginning of their talk! It was very realistic, IMO! I mean with Mitch giving very short responses to Lucy's questions! ;)

My two favorite lines from the latest update:
    • “Mitch I am sorry but it’s hard for me. He is my cousin and I haven’t seen him in a long time.” :(
    • “I get that. However there are certain times when you have to realize that as an adult you know what’s best and he as a teenager…” ;)

I think that all parents need a helping hand once in a while! :yep: Thus, I don't necessarily agree with Mitch when he said that John Ross is JR and Sue Ellen’s problem! :(

I loved the way that Lucy sweet talked Mitch at the end! :) Smart girl! :dance:

Please update soon! :bowing :best:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,328
    Thank you for the feedback Ms Southworth. :)

I had a feeling that you would like that Mitch and Lucy kissed and made up. :)

I did enjoy my visit in Stockholm yesterday. :)

Well if someone gets married when they are in their 20s they have been married almost 20 years by the time they reach 40 so then the marriage is not new anymore and hence they are "an old married couple". See what I mean? ;)

Okay so time for an update:

On the morning of the 14th of August was Christopher lying awake in bed, pretending to be asleep, as he was waiting for his family to come and congratulate him on his 14th Birthday. The door opened and in came Bobby, Pam and Rebecca who were singing happy birthday. Christopher sat up with a smile, as Rebecca jumped up in bed beaming, “Happy Birthday!”

“Thanks,” Christopher smiled, as he took the gift that Rebecca gave him.

A very emotional Pam sat down next to Rebecca on the bed. Her eyes were a bit misty as she smiled warmly at her son, “Happy Birthday!”

“Thanks mom,” Christopher smiled before he gave Pam a hug. “I’m so glad to have you here!”

“Hey, don’t forget about me,” Bobby smiled.

“Never, I love you dad,” Christopher said and gave his dad a hug.

“I love you too son, happy Birthday pal,” Bobby said as he handed over two big bags of gifts and said, “From your mom and me!”

Christopher’s eyes widened as he looked at all the presents. “Thanks you guys but you shouldn’t have…”

“Hush Christopher, when you get lots of gifts just say thank you!” Rebecca said. “After all you can never have too much gifts!”

Bobby and Pam laughed at that and Bobby said, “Well I guess your mom went a little over board with the shopping!”

“Well I have a lot of missed years to make up for!”

“Mom I don’t care about stuff, you’ve already given me the best gift when you came back!”

Pam started crying, as she hugged Christopher again. “Aw Christopher, I love you so much and I’ll never leave you again!”

“Good because I love you too mom!” The family smiled at each other, as they were happy to be together again.

• Winner Winner x 2
  17. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,328
    A little later that day, Donna was sitting in the office room at Southfork, placing a phone call to Dave Culver. “Well?” Dave enquired.

“Margaret and I have talked it over and I have decided to say yes to your job offer,” Donna said.

“That’s wonderful,” Dave said. “I’ll inform Morris, he’ll be thrilled to hear that!”

“Well I hope I can do some good, but remember it’s a temporary position.”

“Of course, come January we desperately need you here in Washington.”

“I’m glad to hear that,” Donna smiled. “So what’s next?”

“Morris will inform Packard’s campaign office that you’re onboard, he’ll contact you shortly to set up a meeting!”

“Great, I’ll look forward to it!”

“Good and keep me posted on how it goes,” Dave said.

“Of course we’ll stay in touch, bye now,” Donna smiled before she hung up the phone.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,608
    Yeah, I guess! :)

But it's still no excuse for treating your spouse that way! ;) I think that the man will seriously consider getting "out" the first time another woman shows him some serious interest! There's no doubt that the grass can be greener on the other side!

Sorry for forgetting to comment on yesterday's outstanding update! :embarrass: I'll do that in my next post, I promise!

In regards to today's update, I only have a few words to say! I could have done without that scene, sorry. :( The information could easily have been "included" in a different scene, IMHO!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,608
    Great way to wake up Christopher on his birthday! :spinning: What can beat being surrounded by your loving family on your special day? :kiss:

I can only imagine how Pam must have felt being there for her son's birthday again! :love7: You did an awesome job of writing about her emotional state, I think! :love3:

Once again Rebecca's line had me smiling from ear to ear: “Hush Christopher, when you get lots of gifts just say thank you! After all you can never have too much gifts!:love5:

And Christopher's unconditional love for his mom was breathtaking: “Mom I don’t care about stuff, you’ve already given me the best gift when you came back!:kiss::kiss::kiss:

Overall, a beautiful family scene! :bowing I can't wait to hear about the rest of Christopher's birthday! :cb:

Please update soon! :best: :ping:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Mrs Bobby James Ewing Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +813
    Great updates Karin!:) I am glad Lucy and Mitch made up after their fight. :)Bobby, Pam, and Rebecca were so cute together waking up Christopher on his birthday and giving him lots of presents in bed even though Christopher told his mom that her being back in his life was the only present that he needed on his birthday!:)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1