Dallas in the 90's

Discussion in 'Dallas Writers Room' started by Karin Schill, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,882
    Thank you for the feedback Ms Southworth. :)

You are right that the long awaited showdowns between the characters you just mentioned are coming closer! ;)
    We just need to get Christopher's masquerade out of the way first...

Anyway here's tonight's update:

Friday afternoon at Southfork, Lucy was sitting in a sun chair by the pool, working on her tan, when John Ross came walking up to her and sat down on a sun chair next to her. “Hey Lucy I was wondering if you could give me a ride into town tonight?”

“Where are you going?” Lucy questioned.

“To see Paula,” John Ross replied nonchalantly.

Lucy folded her arms, “John Ross I’m not so sure that’s a good idea!”

“Oh come on Lucy I really like her. Look I know I screw up and drank lots last time but this time I won’t take a sip!”

“Funny why don’t I believe you!”

“Come on Lucy I’m just going dancing,” John Ross pleaded with his older cousin.

Lucy gave him a disapproving look. “You’re going back to the club?”

John Ross grinned. “Well we’re meeting at her place first!”

“You’re hopeless,” Lucy sighed.

“What can I say, I’m a teenager!” He lifted his eyebrow. “So will you drive me there?”

Lucy sighed, as her younger cousin was too charming for his own good. Yet remembering how he broke her trust the last time she wouldn’t let him fool her. “No. I got into a lot of trouble with Mitch thanks to you. He didn’t approve of me covering up your drinking and lying.”

“Fine, Fine,” John Ross said in a tone of voice that indicated that he wasn’t really fine with it. “I’ll get another ride.”

Lucy sighed, since she could read on his face that he was trying to make her feel guilty for letting him down. Yet she wasn’t going to fall for it this time. “Just be careful.”

“Yeah, yeah whatever,” John Ross said grumpily and walked away and Lucy sighed, as there were times when she hated being a responsible adult. Yet even if she wanted to be on her little cousins’ good side she knew better than to trust him twice. The boy’s starting to become too much like his father. Lucy just knew that her cousin couldn’t be trusted anymore and it made her feel sad.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,450
    Sorry that I haven't been keeping up with this lately. But the updates are pretty good!

I just LOVE Mitch and how he still has his responsible no-nonsense side! (And he is way hotter than James Bond, I think! Lol) Even though I think he was stupid sometimes about his pride about money on the show, it was part of his character-charm, too. When it comes to John Ross, he is obviously one step ahead of all of the other adults. However, I also see Lucy's side here as well. She hasn't seen John Ross in a long time and she was probably just trying to be the "cool aunt" and didn't want him to dislike her so soon after being in the family again.

The Christopher birthday scenes were sweet, and it's hilarious how he is so teenage boy with his wish for a girlfriend and Rebecca's comment about him hoping to save the girls if they started to drown in the pool!

The Mario stuff is as funny as heck, and I think that even Mario himself is embarrassed by his family and worried that they will influence Afton's choice here.

So now Jenna FINALLY knows that Ray is here! Well, get to it then! I hate how she told Lucas to forget about Bobby. That's his dad, just how is he supposed to do that!? And I see that the Kurt shenanigans are still going on. Maybe you can hook this guy up with Jenna. That would solve some problems.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ms Southworth

Ms Southworth Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,598
    :yw1:

The showdowns have been getting closer the whole time ... ... however, at the speed of, say, a turtle! :giggle:

You did share with us earlier on that the showdowns in question would begin in episode 11 (and episode 10 is probably more than halfway through by now), so ... ... let's move it along! :dance: I'm excited! :cool1

I - for one - am looking forward to Christopher's masquerade, so I hope that it's a lot more than a one scene happening! :clap:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,598
    Great scene with Lucy and John Ross! :gotcha: I like the dialogue and the descriptions of their demeanor! It is very helpful when you try to imagine the scene being played out! :jolly:

I really appreciate that Lucy was wise enough to ask her nephew a lot of questions when he asked her for a "simple" favor!

Oh yes, John Ross, you are so a teenager! :fp: And I'm thrilled that your aunt declined to give you a ride! :hat: You already caused one wedge between her and her husband! And there's no need for the newly weds to argue because of you again! :box: If things with your darling Paula are so innocent, why don't you just ask your mom to drive you? :rolleyes:

Lucy's final line was really nice and thoughtful: “Just be careful.:) Lucy loves John Ross and doesn't want him to get into any kind of trouble! :hb:Also, she probably understands his reasoning for doing what he's doing better than anyone else at Southfork, yet she is still unwilling to help him! :p Way to go, Lucy! :h1:

John Ross needs to come clean with his girlfriend! Tell her his real age and also that he's a Ewing! Nothing good comes from things that start off on the wrong track! :mo:

Please update soon! :best:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,882
    Thank you so much for the feedback everyone. :)

Presea, I'm delighted that you've caught up. :)
    I've missed reading your feedback and comments. I'm glad that you love Mitch and that you think he's staying true to character here.
    You know maybe Chris is typically teenage boy since he hasn't changed much from the first draft that we wrote when we were teenage girls. We try not to change too much of the teenagers and kids scenes from the original draft since we figured we'd known better what it was like being their age when we first wrote their scenes than we do now as adults. ;)

I agree that Lucas can't just forget about Bobby being his dad. It's unfair of Jenna to ask him to.

Kurt and Jenna? :eyes:
    Hmm... he does get along great with her son but I wonder how you see a romantic pairing there...
    Oh well you'll see where the story will go.

Good that you think the Mario stuff is funny as there's more coming up.

Ms Southworth, I am glad that it pleased you how Lucy turned down John Ross' request. She has wisened up after the last time he tricked her.
    However John Ross is not her nephew. He is her cousin.

I agree that John Ross should be honest with Paula. It never works to build a long lasting relationship built on lies. But John Ross hasn't learnt this lesson yet.

Anyway you will see who John Ross will get to drive him instead of Lucy. Anyone wanna take a guess on who that will be?

True. Maybe it's moving too slow. But I think most fans prefer a slow moving plot with a proper build up and pay off than one plot twist after another, right?

This is actually episode 11. Some of the show downs you are asking for are in episode 12. Christopher's masquerade takes up most of this episode actually. So don't worry it's a lot more than one scene.

Okay so moving on to tonight's update:

At a mall in southern Dallas were Jenna, Martha and Lucas out shopping for school supplies for Lucas. Jenna held up a note book with an American flag on it and asked, “Do you want this notebook?”

Lucas shook his head. “No I want this one,” Lucas picked up another one with cars on the front.

Jenna smiled, “Of course you do!” They put it down in the shopping cart.

“So what else do we need?” Martha asked.

“Let’s see. We’ve got notebook, pencils, pens, eraser, lunchbox… calculator!” Jenna exclaimed and they walked over towards another shelf. Jenna and Lucas started to look at the calculators. Martha smiled observing them but then her gaze wandered off and that was when she spotted him at the other side of the store. Recognizing the man immediately Martha could feel the blood in her veins freeze. Luckily he hadn’t noticed her yet but she knew it was only a question of time until he did. As Jenna put down the calculator Lucas wanted in the cart she looked over to see Martha trying to hide her face behind Lucas notebook. “What?” Jenna asked. Martha nodded towards the man. Jenna looked towards him and she surely didn’t like what she saw, “Is he one of…”

“Yes!” Martha nodded, suddenly looking panicked. “I have to get out of here.”

Jenna pulled up her car keys and gave them to Martha. “Wait for us in the car. I’ll just pay and we’ll be right out.”

Martha nodded, before lowering her head hurrying to get out of the store. Lucas gave her a questioning look. “Where is Ma…”

“She’s not feeling well,” Jenna interrupted him. “Come on let’s pay for this and go home.”

“But what about that car you promised to get me?” Lucas objected.

“We’ll get it some other time.”

“But…”

“No buts Lucas, we have to get out of here now,” Jenna said firmly and noticing the fear in his mom’s voice Lucas knew better than to cause a scene. “Let’s go,” Jenna insisted as she started pulling Lucas with her towards the register and as far away from the scary looking man as she could!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Miss Texas 1967

Miss Texas 1967 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +446
    I'm going to try and catch up on this story this weekend :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,598
    Jenna didn't seem to mind the lack of romance with Ray, so this could actually work! :p

Sorry, but I don't really care where Jenna ends up as long as it's far away from the Ewings! :dance:

You're right! Silly me! :fp:

Maybe he will "borrow" someone's car keys and attempt to drive himself into Dallas? :think:

Once again, I messed up! :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Mrs Bobby James Ewing Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +793
    Great updates Karin! :)I still enjoy reading your story because I miss original Dallas.:):( I am glad Clayton's doctor's appointment went well but I feel sorry for him because he can't work the ranch full time any more. :):(I also feel sorry for Afton in your story as well.:( I hope she dumps Mario soon. :)I am proud of Lucy for not driving John Ross into Dallas to see Paula and I am also glad she took Mitch's advice about John Ross.:) I am having a hard time believing that Jenna has been in contact with Christopher all of this time since she wanted nothing to do with Bobby on the show after he dumped her and he went back Pam. :(:)I remember Jenna telling Bobby on the show to shove off and go back to Pam his bride on his honeymoon when Bobby went to see her after he found out about their baby on his and Pam's wedding day. :(I just rewatched those scenes earlier this week. :) But I don't want anything bad to happen to Jenna, Charlie, or Lucas because of the person who is after Martha.:)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,882
    Thank you for your feedback and comments everyone. It's always appreciated. :)

MissTexas1967,
    I'll look forward to find out what you think once you've caught up. :)

Ms Southworth, you're right that Jenna's romance with Ray seemed a bit forced. She was clearly not over Bobby when she married Ray. :(
    Nope John Ross won't drive himself into Dallas. He doesn't have a license yet.

Sanda,
    I think it's flattering that you think this story reminds you of original Dallas. :)
    I really miss the show too.

I think Jenna's anger towards Bobby after he married Pam even though she was pregnant with his child was justified.
    Anyway I am glad that you don't want anything bad to happen to Jenna, Charlie and Lucas.

Okay so here's tonight's update:

In Philadelphia at the Badeau mansion were Afton, Mario and his parents sitting in the library in front of the fireplace. They were awaiting the arrival of Mario’s sister with her family. The Baron was reading in a thick book while enjoying a cigar and the Baroness was going thru tomorrow’s seating charge with a maid. Afton twitched as Mario said, “And remember when my sister arrives you are to greet her with a kiss on each cheek.”

“Yes Mario, I remember,” Afton said. “Listen does your father have to keep smoking indoors?”

Mario gave her a disapproving look, “It’s my father’s house, he does whatever he wants to and as a guest here you should respect him.”

“I do, it’s just that I don’t like smoking. It’s bad for my voice,” Afton said.

“Oh that reminds me. Please don’t tell anyone at the party tomorrow about your nightclub singing career,” Mario said.

“But why not?” Afton asked. “It’s what I do!”

“I know but it’s not appropriate to talk about in high society circles.”

“So what should I say I work with?”

“You do charity work,” Mario said. “Pick a cause!”

Before Afton could say anything more the door opened and the Butler announced the arrival of the Honorable Alexandra Badeau Willmount with husband Harry Willmount and children Henri and Josephine. Afton stared at the family who walked into the room. The parents were wearing formal dining clothes, with matching jewelry and the children were dressed in their school uniforms with black patent shoes. Afton watched them as they greeted the Badeaus.

Alexandra then turned her attention towards Afton and said, “And what do we have here?”

Mario gestured for Afton to stand up. Then he put his arms around her and said: “Alexis, may I introduce my fiancée, Afton Cooper!”

“Well it’s about time, we thought Mario would never settle down,” Alexandra said and leant forward to kiss Afton on the cheeks.

An awkward Afton did the same. “It’s nice to meet you.”

“Likewise dear,” Alexandra said. “This is my husband Harry.”

“How do you do?” Harry asked.

“Fine thanks,” Afton replied and they shook hands.

“Our children, Henri is 12 and Josephine is 9,” Alexandra introduced the children. Both children shook hands with Afton and courtesy politely.

“Nice to meet you ma’am,” Henri said.

“You too,” Afton said. “You both are about the same age as my little girl.”

“You have a child?” Alexandra asked.

“Yes Pamela Rebecca, she’s 10,” Afton replied.

“Charming, is she here?” Josephine asked.

“Nope she’s staying with my brother over the weekend,” Afton said.

“Afton’s brother is a doctor, and his wife owns an art gallery,” Mario filled in.

The Badeau family looked approving. Before the Baroness said, “Oh thank God someone in that family is refined!”

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Miss Texas 1967

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +446
    Didn't make notes, as usual, so here are my thoughts from memory.

I think John Ross needs to suffer a bit lol, he's so used to getting away with things and having people bend to his wishes now that he expects it, I want Christopher and Lucy and whoever else to call him on his shit and not just go along with it.

Love that Margaret and Rebecca are so friendly with each other now, they bring some balance to each other's personalities. I thought it was cute and funny for them to be raiding the candy too, it was 'wrong' but not hurting anyone, I thought that was well done.

I almost wish Jenna had said yes all those years ago when Pam offered to adopt Lucas as her and Bobby's child, he may have been better looked after even if Pam disappeared from his life. Jenna never pays proper attention to him. First and foremost he's her son and I know he can be a bit one track minded with his cars, but he's just a child and he deserves some proper attention. She seems to put a lot before him and I really don't like that. Martha's storyline is starting to affect the way Jenna and family are living their lives and that's not healthy. Charlie and Randy weren't as bad here though, I did appreciate that, they were just normal.

Donna accepting the job in Dallas pleases me, I am glad to have her back, she brings a real level headed perspective to things :)

I feel so bad for Clayton, he probably thinks the doctors are so incompetent and everyone is against him. JR should have just left that alone.

Mario's family + Mario + Becky's disapproval should be ringing alarm bells for Afton, she's not putting herself into a positive situation there.

JR and Sue Ellen are my favourites but I have completely blanked on anything they did in what I have just read. Oops.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,598
    Personally, I wouldn’t even refer to it as a romance! :rolleyes: It was a practical, friendly living arrangement! :fp: Ray and Jenna would rather be with someone/anyone rather than without the individuals they were in love with (yet could not be with)! ;)

John Ross is already known for being a young man (or should I say boy) who likes to bend the rules quite a bit! :box: Thus, I would not be at all surprised if he should choose to drive himself into Dallas (rather than having to explain his delicate situation to someone else at Southfork)! :cool1 After all, he is wanting to be driven to a girl’s apartment, yet picked up at some night club! :eek: Who in their right mind would agree to comply with such a request made by a 16 year old? o_O

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,598
    Yet another funny and entertaining update from Mario’s parent’s home! :clap:

I liked the setting of the whole scene: “Afton, Mario and his parents [were] sitting in the library in front of the fireplace. ..... The Baron was reading in a thick book while enjoying a cigar and the Baroness was going thru tomorrow’s seating charge with a maid.:gotcha:

Mario and his entire family is something else! :fp: I can’t believe that Afton hasn’t tried to make a run for the door yet! :p

Good point about smoke ruining Afton’s voice! :cool1

My favorite lines in the latest updates:
    • And what do we have here?:laughs:
    • Well it’s about time, we thought Mario would never settle down”! :giggle:

• Oh thank God someone in that family is refined!:rlol:

Please update soon! I can’t wait for Christopher’s party to take off! :best:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,882
    Thank you everyone for the feedback. I'm so glad that you're still enjoying this story. :)

Miss Texas 1967, I think the reason you can't remember what JR/SE did is because their plots have been sort of in the background at the moment. Anyway there's lots more of them coming up later in this story. ;)

I agree about John Ross he needs to learn a lesson. I'm glad you're enjoying Margaret and Rebecca's friendship. :)

What you are saying is that you think Lucas would have been better off with Bobby than with Jenna and Ray...
    I'm not so sure of that. But it's an interesting thought.

I agree that JR should have left Clayton alone. He took it too far and even he knows it. :(

Oh yeah Afton needs to wake up soon!
    But for some reason she's bedazzled by Mario and all his family's wealth even though she clearly doesn't fit in with them! :lol:

Ms Southworth, I am glad you thought the Afton & Mario scene funny. His family is something else!

Good point and you will see who will drive him tomorrow.

Oh and Christopher's masquerade is getting closer all the time. So the party will definitely take off in the upcoming week.

Okay so here's tonight's update:

Jenna found Martha standing in the guest room, throwing down things in her suitcase in a hurry. “Martha what are you doing?”

“I have to go. I can not stay here,” Martha said in an upset tone of voice.

“No Martha stop!” Jenna grabbed hold of Martha’s shoulder stopping her. “Where are you planning to go?”

Martha sat down on the bed sighing, “I don’t know. Away!” Martha looked scared as she went on, “Look if Lorenzo’s man saw me here he will find me…”

“No he won’t. Look Ray and I have a house in Italy. If you go there…”

“I can’t!” Martha objected. Jenna looked questioning at her and Martha sighed heavily, “Listen Jenna when I ran from Lorenzo to come to America I didn’t exactly do it the legal way!”

Jenna raised her eyebrows looking shocked, “You’re here illegally?”

“Well… yes,” Martha confessed, as tears welled up in her eyes. “I crossed the border with some immigrants and…”

“Oh boy!” Jenna sat down on the bed, rubbing her forehead. “Are we in trouble!”

“No you are not. Jenna I was wrong to bring you into this. This is my problem and I’m just gonna go,” Martha cried.

“No you’re not. I can’t let you!”

“But…”

“No I’m not gonna let him kill you!” Jenna interrupted Martha. “Look do you have any identification with you?”

“Yes, my Italian passport.”

Jenna nodded. “Good. That’s a start.”

“But it expired four month ago!”

Jenna sighed and said, “Look Martha I really think I need to talk to Ray about this.”

Martha looked scared, “No you cannot he…”

“Yes. Martha this is getting too big for us to handle alone!”

“But…”

“Look just trust me on this one. You stay put for now and first thing Monday I will go to Southfork to talk to Ray! He’ll know what to do! Okay?” Jenna said reassuringly, before giving Martha a hug.

“Okay,” Martha reluctantly agreed even though she was really skeptic about the idea of bringing even more people into this mess.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,598
    Great job at writing the conversation between Jenna and Martha! :clap:

Although I'm not interested in these characters' storylines, I very much enjoyed the way you wrote the scene! :dance:

However, why should Ray have to be dragged into all of this? :confuse: After all, we're talking about stuff on the wrong side of the law! :mad: Poor judgement by Jenna Wade! :rolleyes:

I'm happy to know that Christopher's birthday party won't be interrupted by Jenna showing up uninvited! :yep:

Speaking of the party, let's get moving! :jolly: Please give me a "P" ... give me an "A" ... give me an "R" ... give me a "T" ... give me a "Y"!!! :heels:What does that spell? :) PARTY!!! :spinning:Time for fun and laughter at Southfork! :) I ask for the next update to be posted ASAP! :best:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,882
    Thank you for the feedback Ms Southworth. :)

Because he is Jenna's husband. Besides wasn't it you who said that the Martha plot would be more interesting if it was somehow tied back to JR or Katherine?

So why are you protesting the idea of bringing Ray into it. I thought you'd be excited about the Ewing connection... ;)

The party is still a few updates away. But I will give you a double treat tonight to move the plot along a little faster. So here's tonight's update:

Shortly before eight o’clock that evening, JR’s car stopped outside of Paula’s apartment in downtown Dallas. John Ross turned to him and said, “Thanks for the lift dad!”

“Anytime son,” JR grinned, “After all what are fathers for?”

“I’m so glad that I’m back with you,” John Ross grinned.

“Me too son, have a good time tonight!”

“Thanks I intend to,” John Ross said.

“That’s my boy,” JR said proudly and father and son exchanged a smile. Then JR handed John Ross a package and said, “Here!”

John Ross looked puzzled at it, “Dad what’s this?”

“Earrings,” JR explained.

“So what do I do with them?”

“Give to Paula of course. John Ross you can’t expect to get any action from a woman if you don’t woe her a little first!” JR explained.

John Ross grinned as he realized just how this little gift might work to his advantage. “Thanks dad!” John Ross smiled, as he put the package in his vest pocket.

“So shall I pick you up here later or…?”

“Yeah, we’re going out for dinner and then another movie so…”

“John Ross, this is your dad you’re talking to.”

John Ross grinned sheepishly, “Or we’ll just stay at her place.”

“Thought as much, so is midnight alright?”

“Yeah pick me up here at 12.”

“You got it,” JR said and John Ross stepped out of the car but before he slammed the door JR said, “Just be careful, ok?”

John Ross shook his head and said, “Don’t worry dad I’ve got it covered.” JR smiled amused as John Ross closed the door and he drove away, proud that his son was already a chip of the old block!

• Like Like x 3
  16. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,882
    Inside the apartment, Paula was standing in front of the bathroom mirror putting on the last touches of her makeup when the doorbell rang. Paula stuffed the makeup away and went to open it. She found John Ross outside, wearing jeans, a white T-shirt, a gray vest and a black cowboy hat!

John Ross smiled as he looked at Paula, who was dressed in a red miniskirt and a white blouse tied up so her belly showed. John Ross put his arm around her, “Hi baby,” he greeted her before kissing her lips.

“Hi!” Paula smiled. “Come on in,” Paula stepped back letting him into the apartment.

John Ross took off his hat as he stepped into the apartment and smiled to himself as he took in his surroundings. The first thing he located was the bedroom, which was situated towards the right. Noticing the big double bed in there he smiled! Dating older girls have always been exciting but dating one with her own place could definitely have its advantages. And best of all no parents or Don Lockwood to ruin my evening! John Ross reflected before he turned back towards Paula, fishing out the little package from his vest, “For you!”

Paula looked surprised as she took the package, “Thank you. You shouldn’t have…”

John Ross shrugged his shoulders. “I know but you deserve to be pampered.”

Paula pulled out a pair of earrings saying in a happy tone of voice, “Oh John Ross they are beautiful, thank you!” She hugged him and John Ross grinned. Wow dad sure knows how to charm the ladies, John Ross then made a mental note to thank his dad for teaching him his tricks. However when Paula started to pull her hands over his back, all thoughts of his father flew out the window.” So,” Paula said in a husky voice. “Do you wanna have some dinner before we go or…?”

“I’ve eaten,” John Ross replied. “But I could always go for desert!” Next he kissed Paula, who quickly responded. Their kisses grew stronger as they moved towards the bedroom and fell down on the double bed. Then as they started to undress each other all thought of leaving the apartment quickly vanished from their mind…

• Like Like x 3
  17. Miss Texas 1967

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +446
    Lmao I was so sure it was going to be a box of condoms. Dirty mind of mine :oops:

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,598
    The stuff about Martha should not be the reason why Jenna finally tries to get in touch with Ray! Her marriage should be the top priority! But like I've said before, I don't believe that she ever really loved the guy! And now she wants to drag him into .... trouble? Not the best move, IMO!

I did say that a connection to JR or Katherine would make the Martha storyline more interesting! ;) But we're not talking about JR or Katherine! (At least not yet!). Ray doesn't deserve a criminal record for helping his soon-to-be ex-wife! :mo:

No chance! :fp: ... ... ... :dancer:

:ty::dance::dance::dance::d1:

• Like Like x 2
  19. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,598
    Funny scene with John Ross and JR! :giggle: Thanks for reminding me why JR will never become Father of the Year! :Clol:
    A parent's job is not to help his/her teenage children get laid! :mo: Just like @Miss Texas 1967, I was so confident that JR was handing his son a box of condoms, so imagine my surprise ... ... :D Great writing! :clap:

JR is just so wrong to say stuff like this to his 16 year old son: “John Ross you can’t expect to get any action from a woman if you don’t woe her a little first!:mad: (but what a typical thing for JR to say ... ... or so I would imagine! :p )

I am pleased that JR final words to John Ross was ...: “Just be careful, ok?:gotcha:

And I had to chuckle when John Ross replied: “Don’t worry dad I’ve got it covered.” Yeah, I hope that you will have "it" covered too in a little bit ... ... should you get so lucky! :D

@Karin Schill: You nailed JR's character to a T! :spinning:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,598
    Great writing in the scene with John Ross and Paula! :clap:

Having said that, I also have to add:
    1. John Ross is definitely not my kind of man! :( Trying to "bribe" a young lady to get her into bed (and not letting her know that she's about to have sex with a minor ...!)! :rolleyes: Just wrong, IMO! :mo:
    2. Paula is not my kind of lady either! :( "Accepting" a "bribe" like expensive jewelry and going along with John Ross down that path is not very smart, IMO! :fp:

A part of me is wishing that they will both learn their lesson the hard way! :hat:

Counting the minutes until the party takes off! :spinning: Please update soon! :best:

• Like Like x 2