Dallas in the 90's

Discussion in 'Dallas Writers Room' started by Karin Schill, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,419
    The Mario stuff with all of the titles for his family sort of reminds me of the theme of a mansion in the Pokemon X and Y games where you could battle a bunch of high society trainers who all talked like that. And the more you won the further your title would go from "Baroness", "Countess", etc. lol.

Glad to see that we are finally getting into solving the Martha problem. The sooner it ends, the better! And at least it's a good excuse to get Jenna to actually start ending things with Ray if she talks to him. But could you please NOT include Katherine and/or JR in this? They are in enough hot water already with their own criminal operations (not to mention Katherine also has Creepy Tom), and they have children (possibly even with each other) to think about. The less characters are involved in this TNT Dallas-like storyline with Martha and Lorenzo, the better! As for your question about Kurt and Jenna, I thought it might be good for her to have some fun and date a new man instead of just sitting on her hands about the Ray thing. And since Kurt seems to pay more attention to Lucas than she does, perhaps he would be a good father figure for him since it looks Ray and Bobby can't do that.

Oh, so John Ross thinks he's a big man because he was too cheap to buy his boring girlfriend some jewelry and had to get daddy to do it for him? Ugh, what a loser. I can't even tell if his storyline is actually supposed to be going somewhere or if this is just to show that he is like JR.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Mrs Bobby James Ewing Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +766
    Great updates Karin! :)I still enjoy reading your story but I am not too impressed with JR and Jenna at the moment and how they are dealing with their kids. :):(They are both lousy parents. :(I hope Paula doesn't end up pregnant with John Ross's child because he isn't ready to become a father. And in my opinion Ray doesn't need to become involved in Jenna's mess with Martha. I am ready for Ray and Jenna to see each other and for them get a divorce so Ray and Donna reconcile and then they can raise their daughter Margaret together but I have to be patient because Ray and Bobby have to deal with Lucas and the fact that he knows that Bobby is his biological father. :):(

• Like Like x 2
  3. superman fan

superman fan Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +468
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::ex::ex:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,322
    Thank you everyone for the feedback. I am glad that you are all still keeping up with the story and I enjoy reading your comments. :ex:

Miss Texas 1967, I know what you mean. At first I thought it was going to be a box of condoms too! :giggle:
    But I do think that the earrings twist was a better idea. This scene was written by my sister btw.

Ms Southworth, I agree that Jenna's marriage should be the reason she contacts Ray. But I think it's only natural that she turns to him about the Martha situation since he is her husband and normally married people turn to each other for help when they are in trouble.

Well I hate to remind you of this but Ray already has a criminal record as he was convincted for killing Mickey but didn't go to jail for it considering the circumstances. I could be wrong as I haven't checked the details lately but I think Ray was convicted for involuntary man slaughter and was let off on probation. But had a supervisor for like 5 years or something like that. Maybe @Ray&Donna could confirm or deny this for me?

I know you are better at keeping track of the details that concerns Donna and Ray. ;)

Anyway I agree that it's a great JR & John Ross scene that nailed JR to a T! :)
    Oh and a small tidbit of info, in the original draft John Ross wasn't as sexually active as he is in this version so there was actually a scene where JR gave John Ross a box of condoms and had the talk with him. But well since we've changed John Ross character we also threw that scene out the window since it makes no sense for JR to have that talk with his son when he already knows the facts of life (as JR told Sue Ellen in JR Returns)... ;)

The reason why we changed this detail about John Ross was because of the storyline possibilities and also because we thought it suited better with what his parents are like. If you see what I mean?

Presea, funny association to the Pokemon game.:rlol: I had no clue of that as I've never played Pokemon!

Then as for Jenna, I agree that it would be a good idea for her to date a new man and without spoiling too much of the plot I can say that we do have a new love interest lined up for her that I hope you are all gonna really enjoy. It's an new character that will be introduced in season two... ;)
    I agree that Lucas is spending so much time with Kurt since he lacks a father figure right now. However I wouldn't count out Ray and Bobby just yet since those men are Lucas' daddies.

I understand your concern for JR and Katherine since they're already in over their heads with this tanker thing.

The John Ross storyline will have a pay off later in this episode I think.

Sanda, well luckily John Ross knows about safe sex so Paula won't get pregnant. But yeah he's a teenager who's playing with fire so he can easily get burned.

Good point about Lucas. He does know who is his biological father now and no matter how much Jenna tries to sweep it underneath the carpet they will have to deal with this sooner or later.

Shan, thanks for the emoticons, I am glad you still think this story is excellent. :)

Okay so it's time for tonight's update and since you've all been so good with the feedback I'm giving you a double treat tonight:

Back in Philadelphia, the Badeaus were just about to finish their dinner. They were sitting in a dining room with oak tree panels on the walls, a big crystal chandelier in the roof, a big red Persian carpet on the floor and thick red velvet curtains at the windows. The long dining table, which could seat up to 22 people, was neatly set with the finest china, flower decorations and candle sticks. The chairs were of black wood with golden paintings at the top. The seats were covered with a green cloth. Afton twitched for the 40th time that evening in the uncomfortable chairs. So when the Baron finally said, “Well let’s retire for the evening then,” she was quick to get up on her feet.

As the others started to get up too, Afton turned towards the little girl and said, “Finally I thought this dinner would never end.”

“What do you mean?” Josephine looked questioningly at Afton. “That was a rather short dinner!” Afton stared at her as the little girl went on. “We only had three dishes.”

Afton bit her lip as she realized that she had made a fool out of herself again. So she quickly changed the topic. “So how do you like Private school?”

“School is good, it gives me a broad education,” Josephine replied.

“I think it’s rather boring. I can’t wait to start boarding school next year,” Henri said.

“Oh well that sounds interesting,” Afton continued to talk to the children as they left the dining room.

Meanwhile Mario sought his sister’s opinion of his new fiancée, as they walked behind them. “So Alexis what do you think of her?”

“I don’t know she seems rather plain,” Alexandra wrinkled her nose. “She actually told me she works with singing at charity events for a living!”

Mario grimaced, “Oh no, she didn’t?”

“Yes and she’s a single mother too and considering the way she behaves I guess her child wouldn’t be suitable company for Henri and Josephine.”

“Well the child is rather rude but it’s nothing that the right boarding school wouldn’t fix,” Mario said. “Then as for Afton, why don’t you think of her as a diamond in the rough?”

Alexandra sighed, “Well I guess we could polish her a little, after all we don’t want her to embarrass the family at father’s birthday party tomorrow!”

• Like Like x 1
  5. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,322
    At Paula’s apartment later that evening, John Ross was getting dressed while Paula was tying a robe around her. She then walked up to John Ross and said, “I’m sorry you couldn’t stay the night.”

John Ross pulled on his T-shirt, “Me too but…maybe next time.” He gave her a little wink and she gave him a heart stopping kiss.

As they came up for air Paula said, “You know you didn’t tell me where the party was, or where you planning to pick me up?”

John Ross stopped right in his tracks, as talking about the party made him nervous. Yet he did his best not to show it. “Sorry baby I can’t. I need to be there for my cousin Chris.” John Ross put on his vest.

“Cousin?” Paula asked confused. “Don’t you mean brother?”

“Well…technically he is my cousin but we grew up together so it feels like he’s my brother.”

“I see. So where is this party?”

John Ross made a face, “It’s at Southfork ranch.”

Paula stared at him. “What?” Paula looked questioning, “At Southfork?”

“Yeah my grandmother knows the lady who owns the place so we borrowed it from her,” John Ross lied. “Besides it’s a great party house.”

“Yeah but it is also JR Ewing’s home.”

John Ross bit his lip and pulled another lie. “Well don’t worry about them. The Ewings are out of town!”

“Good,” Paula said. “So I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Yeah,” John Ross said. “See you tomorrow.” They shared another kiss before John Ross walked out the door looking very pleased that he had managed to score with a 22 year old!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,419
    Uh-oh. It looks like Mario might be making a mistake with his comment about Becky. Cliff would certainly never say such a thing!

John Ross might be treading on thin ice with Paula. She is probably going to figure out his lies (about the Ewings and him being underage) eventually, and I don't know how well she'll take it. I can't remember, but is there a reason why she has a problem with the Ewings? Melissa was cool, because she found their family drama fascinating. XD

• Like Like x 2
  7. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,322
    Thank you so much for the feedback Presea. It's much appreciated. :)

I agree that Cliff would never treat Becky the way that Mario does.

Well the reason Paula doesn't like the Ewings is because she watched the scandal movie about them. So not a really good reason if you ask me.
    Cool that you liked Melissa. :)

Okay so time for an update and since it's Valentine's day I'm gonna give you a double treat tonight:

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone. :love5:

The next day in Philadelphia, were Afton, the Baroness and Alexandra standing in the guest room where Afton was staying. The room was decorated in brown colors and had a big Persian carpet on the floor, a big wooden canopy bed, a huge mirror, a dressing table and a fireplace. Afton took out a pink, body fitting, sequin dress from the closet and said proudly, “Here’s my fancy dress!”

The Baroness and Alexandra exchanged a look and wrinkled their noses. “Well that’s cute,” Alexandra said in a strained voice, “but not quite what we had in mind for father’s birthday party!”

“No?” Afton asked. “But what’s wrong with it?”

“It’s too flamboyant,” the Baroness explained.

“Huh?”

“You are in high society now Afton, so you need to dress the part,” Alexandra explained.

“Okay but what should I wear?” Afton asked.

“Say no more,” the Baroness said and Afton looked questioningly. “We’ve already called Vera Wang, her assistant is on the way here with a couple of dresses for you to chose from!” Afton smiled at the prospect of getting her very own designer dress.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,322
    Sue Ellen was standing in the living room, looking through the rack of costumes that Miss Ellie had ordered for them, when JR entered the room. “Hi darling,” he greeted her.

Sue Ellen frowned, not exactly liking his term of endearment. But since she didn’t feel like making a number out of it she just said casually, “Hi JR, you’re home early!”

“Well yeah, I figured I’d better get home before Christopher’s little guests gets here!”

“Right, that reminds me, this is your costume,” Sue Ellen smiled sweetly, before she pulled out an 18th century knee long brown naval suit with a blue jacket from the clothes rack. She handed him the clothes.

JR made a face as he reluctantly accepted them, “I can’t believe I let John Ross talk me into being George Washington!”

“Well at least the wig’s not grey,” Sue Ellen smiled, as she handed JR the matching blue hat with an attached brown wig to it.

“Well that’s something,” JR said, accepting the hat. “So what color’s your Martha wig?”

“Blonde,” Sue Ellen replied, as she pulled out another costume from the rack. “I’d be wearing this!”

“I bet it’ll look nice on you,” JR smiled.

“Thanks JR,” Sue Ellen replied, before changing the topic. “So you got in late last night.”

“You’re keeping track of me?”

“No of John Ross,” Sue Ellen replied to JR’s disappointment. “So you think he’s getting serious with this girl?”

“Well I guess so, since otherwise he wouldn’t bring her home to meet us now, would he?”

“I guess not,” Sue Ellen nodded. “So will I like her?”

“I don’t know. I haven’t met her myself but…” JR hesitated, not willing to tell her something.

“But what?” Sue Ellen picked up on it.

“You might find her a bit cheap.”

“Oh,” Sue Ellen got it. “He’s slept with her already, hasn’t he?”

“Not that it’s any of our business, but yeah he’s definitely a chip of the old block!” JR grinned.

“Just typical,” Sue Ellen snorted.

“Hey you asked!” JR defended himself. “Still don’t let her know that you know. She might get embarrassed and I think John Ross really likes her…”

“Don’t worry I’ll be nice to her,” Sue Ellen promised.

“Good, now if you’ll excuse me I’m gonna take a shower before getting changed into this,” JR said. “I don’t suppose you’d like to join me?”

“JR!” Sue Ellen gave JR one of her if looks could kill looks.

“Hey I just asked if you wanted some help getting dressed in that, if you’re getting another idea it’s not my fault,” JR smiled and Sue Ellen could feel her cheeks getting red. He’d done it again. Managed to make her mind drift off to things she didn’t want to think of. Noticing that he’d got her right where he wanted her JR then added. “Oh and don’t forget that you’re supposed to be my wife tonight, so see ya later darling!” JR gave her his best shit eating grin, before he turned around and left Sue Ellen standing in the living room. Watching his back disappear up the stairs Sue Ellen took a deep breath, as she wondered if getting a matching couple outfit with JR really had been such a good idea…

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,419
    I wonder how much longer Afton is going to stand being told that everything she is doing is wrong (to the Mario Club, that is)? Cliff is rich, but he is not snobby, and I wouldn't be surprised if Afton started to miss things like his love for Chinese food takeout?

Like I thought, JR and Sue Ellen are one of those many parent types that have just given up when it comes to trying to prevent whatever problems their kids get into with sex. Really sad. But they did have a good conversation about it. I just wish Sue Ellen would stop acting like a frickin' high school girl with JR's lame flirting and just sit down and talk about whether they are really ready to have a relationship again and work on how they can break the destructive cheating, miscommunication, make-up cycle they always got into. It wouldn't be realistic if JR is just suddenly cured of his cheating ways and becomes perfect if they get back together in this. And no, the "Not being able to contact Don Dorkwood" excuse is not a valid reason for the stalling since she plans to divorce him either way.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,322
    Thank you for the feedback Presea. :)

I agree with you about Cliff. He is rich too and much better suited for Afton than Mario. But she hasn't realized it yet... ;)

Yes Sue Ellen plans to divorce Don. But right now she can't get hold of him so the ball is in his court sort of say...

Right about JR/SE if they want to solve things they really need to sit down and talk things through. But well right now Sue Ellen keeps telling herself that she doesn't want to be in a relationship with JR ever again. She is in denial about the way she feels about him.

Anyway here's tonight's update:

Meanwhile up in Rebecca and Margaret’s room were Pam and Lucy helping Rebecca, Margaret and Becky getting into their costumes. Lucy pinned on the pink hat with the braided yellow hair onto Becky’s head. Next she made sure that the wail was laying neatly around her face, “So how do I look?” Becky asked excitedly.

Lucy stepped back, looking at her and smiled, “Awesome, you really are a mini–Jeannie.”

“That’s good, because I really love I dream of Jeannie!”

“Yeah that’s a cute show,” Lucy agreed. “Now if you’ll excuse me I’ll better go and get my 007 ready!” Lucy twinkled and Becky giggled, as Lucy left the room.

“There how do I look?” Margaret asked, as she had just finished dressing herself. The other looked at her. Margaret was dressed in a light yellow sweater, red, yellow pattern skirt with a matching hair ribbon and belt. She wore brown flat shoes. In her hands she was holding a notebook, a flashlight and a magnifying glass.

“Good,” Pam replied.

Margaret smiled happily until Rebecca weighed in, “What’s with the geek clothes?”

“Who are you supposed to be?” Becky asked.

“Nancy Drew of course,” Margaret said.

“Oh right, now I’ll get it, you’re a detective!” Becky smiled and Margaret smiled back.

“Great then you can write down all the gossip from the party and report to me!” Rebecca beamed, as she jumped up and down in excitement.

“Rebecca stand still, otherwise I can’t get this tiara on you!” Pam scolded Rebecca who calmed down.

“Sorry mom.”

Pam pinned on the tiara, “Now let me get a good look at my little Princess Belle,” she smiled as she took a good look at her daughter, who was dressed in a yellow princess dress from the Disney movie Beauty and the Beast. It had matching golden high heels, a tiara, a scepter and a golden-red brooch at the top of the dress.

“Wow you look beautiful,” Becky said.

“Sure does,” Pam smiled. “Line up so I can take a picture.”

The girls lined up and Margaret said, “Did you know that Belle means beautiful in French?”

“Really, you know French?” Pam asked.

“Just a little,” Margaret shrugged her shoulders like if it was no big deal. “I’ve taken an extra course at school.”

Pam stared at her and said, “That’s…nice. Now say cheese!”

“Cheese,” the girls replied and Pam snapped several photos of the smiling, adorable little girls. After a few shots Margaret’s smile stiffened, but Rebecca kept posing happily, as she loved having her photo taken since she knew that the camera loved her!

• Like Like x 2
  11. superman fan

superman fan Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +468
    Love to have seen the photo shoot with little Margaret and Rebecca how cute :kiss:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Mrs Bobby James Ewing Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +766
    Great updates Karin! :)I hope Afton realizes soon that Mario is all wrong for her because she belongs with Cliff even though he didn't always treat her so good because of his obsession with beating JR.:) :(JR and Sue Ellen really need to talk soon about where they want go with their relationship instead of opening flirting with each other.:):( I love the costumes that Rebecca and Margaret are wearing to Christopher's birthday party. :) Please update your story again soon because I can't wait to find out what happens at Christopher's birthday party. :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ray&Donna

Ray&Donna Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,150
    Yes, I think that is correct. It's too bad that (and you can correct me if I'm wrong) they didn't bring that up in season nine after the B.D. Calhoun incident! I imagine his probation officer would not have been thrilled!

Sorry to have fallen so far behind reading your story--between my personal (family and health) issues and the bad weather, I just haven't been on here very often the past month!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jessie

Jessie Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,212
    I finally caught up. I love your story so much you write the characters so well.

I feel bad for Clayton but Miss Ellie is just worried about him.

I understand why Mitch got upset with Lucy when he found out John Ross came home drunk after a night out. I guess he wanted Lucy to tell Sue Ellen and JR.

I hope Sue Ellen and Don see each other again soon. I hope she gets divorced.

John Ross is a a mirror image of his Father. It should be interesting to see how Paula will react when she finds out he is JR’s Son. He is 16 it’s hard to believe she thinks he is older.

I was disappointed in JR for being so happy his 16 year old son is a chip off the old block. He is proud John Ross likes women, but basically saying it is ok to have sex is wrong. I know teens have sex but it is creepy a Father would want him to since he is 16 years old.

I love the Ray and Donna scenes. I bet Jenna will show up soon at Southfork.

The children in your story are cute , smart and keep their parents on their toes.

I’m looking forward to Christopher party. I hope John Ross’s plan to wear costumes backfires on him.

Hope you update again soon.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,322
    Thank you so much for the feedback everyone. I do appreciate it. :)

Shan, I'm glad that you thought the photo shoot was cute. :)
    Also in case it wasn't made clear in my post, the photo shoot was supposed to have included Becky too.

Sanda, Oh I think Afton will realize that she and Mario are a mismatch sooner or later... ;)
    Before you'll find out what will happen at the party you will find out what the other guests are dressed out as. Any guesses what their costumes might be? ;)

Good point about the B.D. Calhoun incident Ray&Donna. You are right that Ray should have gotten into trouble over that.

It's okay that you've fallen behind on my story. I know you have a lot on your plate right now. But I hope you will enjoy the story whenever you have a chance to catch up and let me know what you think of Ray & Donna's costumes for the masquerade ok?

Jessie,
    I am really happy that you've caught up with my story and that you still love it. Thanks for the 20 + likes on my old posts. I do appreciate it. ;)
    Careful what you wish for regarding Sue Ellen & Don...

Yeah John Ross is just like his father. I guess to most adults the idea of 16 year old kids having sex is a bit upsetting. But my guess is that JR was having sex when he was John Ross age so that's probably why he doesn't mind it. :innocent:

I'm glad you think the children are smart and cute. :)

You will find out later on in this episode if John Ross plan will backfire on him or not... :giggle:

Okay and since you've all been so good with the feedback I'll give you a double treat tonight. Here's the first update:

In Lucy and Mitch room. Mitch walked out of the bathroom, wearing a black suit and a bow tie. Lucy whistled and smiled when she saw him, “Wow, you look handsome!”

Mitch looked at Lucy who was dressed in a black mini dress with black stockings and high platform shoes. The dress was very low cut and she had her hair put up in a bun. “And you look hot, are you sure you wanna wear that for a party with a bunch of hormone driven 14 year old boys?”

Lucy laughed and said teasingly, “Oh don’t worry, you know Miss Moneypenny has always had the hots for agent Bond!”

“Well 007 to your service,” Mitch said lightheartedly and they kissed. After they broke up the kiss, Lucy tucked in a red handkerchief in Mitch’s pocket and handed him a toy gun. Mitch looked disapproving, “Really?”

“Oh come on, it goes with the costume,” Lucy said persuasively. “And besides it’s not like you have to wear these!” Lucy put on a pair of glasses and Mitch laughed.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,322
    In Christopher’s room were John Ross and Christopher getting ready for the party. John Ross was dressed in regular cowboy clothes consisting of a pair of black jeans, a blue western shirt with black areas around his neck and hands. He put on his black cowboy hat and smiled at his reflection in the mirror before saying, “Perfect, Paula, your cowboy’s ready!”

Christopher looked over at John Ross and said, “But you look basically the same as you did last night.”

“I know the clothes make the man and Paula loved this man last night!” John Ross grinned.

“You’re hopeless,” Christopher sighed. “Are you ever gonna stop bragging about her?”

“Maybe in five years, she is one hot chick man,” John Ross smiled. “And if I play my cards right she might give me seconds tonight.”

Christopher sighed, “Yeah unless she doesn’t notice who your parents are first!”

John Ross bit his lip. “Damn! I’m shit nervous man!” John Ross confided in Chris. “If she recognizes them, it’s all over!”

“Why do you care?” Christopher asked. “I mean you’ve already scored so if that happens you can always move on to the next chick!”

John Ross grinned, “And now you talk like a 14 year old. The point is I really like her!”

“Oh that changes things. Think she’ll be your girlfriend?”

“Oh I sure hope so,” John Ross said. “Speaking of girlfriends, think you’ll meet somebody at the party tonight?”

“I hope so,” Christopher said.

John Ross looked at Christopher who was dressed in brown slacks with golden banding, a white suit jacket with tassels at the shoulders and a gold ribbon across it. He even had a medal pinned onto it. “Well unless Cinderella’s coming to your party, I think you’re out of luck Prince Charming!” John Ross laughed and Christopher sighed.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Miss Texas 1967

Miss Texas 1967 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +413
    Haven't read all of the updates but I have to say I really don't like the way John Ross speaks to Christopher. He thinks he's soooo mature and Christopher is such a baby but to be honest it's kind of the other way around, Christopher on his own seems to be the level headed one, though he looks up to John Ross so ends up involved in things he wouldn't usually be involved in. John Ross on the other hand is impulsive and immature and gains only a small bit of "credibility" because he's older than Christopher so no one questions his decisions. I know they're basically mini versions of JR and Bobby but I think their fathers years of experience with each other allows them to separate their personalities and themselves, what I mean is Bobby wouldn't just blindly do something because JR thinks it's cool, I so desperately want Christopher to think that same way, he's such a good boy and he'd probably have more confidence in himself if he stopped listening to John Ross putting him down all the time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Jessie

Jessie Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,212
    Great updates Karin, I love how you write Mitch and Lucy together. I was not a fan of Mitch when I watched the series, but I like him in your story.

I hope John Ross plan backfires on him.

I really love your story hope you update again soon. ❤️

• Like Like x 1
  19. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,322
    Thank you so much for the feedback everyone. :)

Miss Texas 1967, you make a good point about John Ross and Christopher. John Ross is really acting a bit patronizing towards Chris and they do remind a bit of their fathers in terms of personality. I think that although they are cousins they also got a brother's dynamics going on with Chris clearly looking up to John Ross in a similar way as the younger brother looks up to an older brother. I also agree that John Ross is immature and impulsive. He gets into trouble because of that but hey he's a teenager so it's allowed. His frontal lobes are not fully grown yet! ;)

I think in a way losing his mother at such an early age has made Christopher more mature than most kids his age. He's been through a lot and yes he's a good boy. But he clearly looks up to John Ross and therefore goes along with some of the stuff he says.

Jessie,
    I am really glad that you like Mitch and Lucy in this story even though you didn't like Mitch much on the show. :)
    You know in some ways Mitch is a rather limited character and there are times when Jenny and I have discussed that we would have had more storylines opportunities if we had created a new character as a love interest for Lucy instead of pairing her with Mitch again. But when we first began writing this story the thought to not reunite them never even crossed our minds as Lucy & Mitch was Jenny's favorite couple on the entire show.:kiss:
    So well what we are trying to do is develop Mitch a bit and give him a few more layers and storylines than he had on the show. To keep Lucy & Mitch interesting and I hope you think we have succeded with that. We do love this couple.

Okay enough said. Let's move on to tonight's update:

A little later in Sue Ellen’s room, she was sitting in front of the mirror. She had just gotten dressed in her 18th century blue dress, with a matching white flower patterned cape, that she was wearing for Christopher’s masquerade party. She was in the process of pinning on the blond wig with a matching white and blue patterned hat when there was a sudden knock on her door. “Yes, come in!” Sue Ellen called out.

Teresa popped her head in through the door and said, “Mrs. Lockwood, there’s a phone call for you.”

“Oh, who is it?”

“It’s your husband!”

Sue Ellen stopped dead in her track, as she was taken by surprise, “My husband?”

“Yes, he says that you’ve been trying to reach him.”

“Yes, um…I did…” Sue Ellen stammered, as she suddenly felt insecure. Since several weeks had passed by since she’d left the message with Jane she had almost forgotten all about it. However now she remembered. “I’ll take it in here!”

“Certainly,” Teresa said before she disappeared out the door.

Sue Ellen then picked up the phone in her room and waited until she heard the click that indicated that Teresa had hung up. “Hi Don,” she then greeted her husband.

“Hello Sue Ellen,” Don said. “I got your message!”

“But it’s been weeks…”

“I know but I just returned to England this week.”

“Oh so you’re back in England?”

“Yeah, so what is it you wanted to talk to me about?”

“Well it’s…I talked to my lawyer and she thought it was a good idea if…” Sue Ellen’s voice choked up as she found it hard to tell him. “We need to discuss our divorce settlement Don.”

“Alright,” Don agreed. “But I won’t do it over the phone.”

“Naturally,” Sue Ellen agreed. “So how about if our lawyers book a meeting here in Texas and…”

“No!” Don interrupted her.

“What do you mean no?” Sue Ellen asked.

“I mean that I don’t want our lawyers to be present and I won’t come to Texas, if you want to discuss our divorce settlement in person you’ll have to come to me!”

“But you’re in England…”

“Exactly, if it was up to me we would have filed for divorce here rather than in Texas!”

“Well I filed in Texas since I live here now!”

“So I’ve noticed, but I still think things would be easier to settle if you’ll come here.”

“So you want me to go to England?” Sue Ellen bit her lip, as she so didn’t feel like it.

“Yeah, don’t you think it would make more sense to discuss things at our home than on the other side of the world?”

“Maybe,” Sue Ellen said hesitatingly.

“You know it does, besides don’t you want to pack up your things?” Don asked. “Of course I could do it for you if you’d like but…”

“No don’t touch my things!” Sue Ellen objected, as the last thing she wanted was for Don to go through her diaries again. “You’re right, I want to do it myself.”

“Good, so we’re in agreement then?”

“Yeah, you win, I’ll check with the airline when I can go to England!” Sue Ellen sighed, as this was one trip she didn’t look forward to at all.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,419
    I'm glad that Sue Ellen finally told Don that she wants a divorce. But all of this stammering and lip biting just sounds like she has once again gone back in time to being her wussy season 5 (dvd) self. After the later seasons, I just can't see her being this wimpy. You are ignoring all of Sue Ellen's character development, because the real Sue Ellen for this timeline would never have put up with all of Don's crap and agreed to his ridiculous terms of going to England to get a divorce. I don't if Don Dorkwood is doing this in the hopes of easier terms in his own country, or if he is stupid enough to think that he'll have time to win Sue Ellen back, but either way, it's pathetic and he needs to just stop it already and get the divorce going already.

• Like Like x 2