Dallas in the Way Future

Discussion in 'Dallas Writers Room' started by stevew, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,313
    Finally caught up. I liked how Lucy threatened Bo to withdraw his trust fund if he didn't get his act together.

Funny with the Prince Andrew comment too. Although I am glad that they are just friends since I think he sort of belongs together with his ex-wife...

I'm glad that John Ross is back home again and that Pamela is standing by him through his illness.

2. ilovesoaps100

ilovesoaps100 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Please update

• Like Like x 1
  3. stevew

stevew Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Will do. Been a crazy summer. Promise more in a few days.

• Like Like x 1
  4. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Bo wakes up groggy in a strange bed. A tropical room with a view of the ocean and wide sandy beach. He sits up. A man in a chair across the room says, “Finally waking up.”

“Who are you.”

“I’m your butler.”

“My butler? Where am I?”

“Your home.”

“What Hell.”

“What would you like for breakfast Mr. Ewing?”

“How about some answers?”

“You’re on an island off the coast of Africa owned by the Ewing’s. It’s a safe place. Very safe. Miss Lucy thought you’d be happy here.”

“She drugged me?”

“She had you brought here, yes.”

“I’m not staying here.”

“That’s fine. There’s a private jet at your disposal. Where would you like to go?”

“Dallas.”

“You can go to Dallas if you’d like, but you’ll end up right back here. You can enjoy life Mr. Ewing or you can keep messing with things over your head. The choice is yours.”

Bo gets out of bed. A bit weak but with his butler’s help manages to put on his robe.

Bo walks out onto a terrace over looking the ocean where he finds John Ross and Pamela having breakfast. She welcome him. John Ross’s bandage is off but Pamela is helping him with his plate. John Ross smiles. Pamela says, “I’m glad you could join your brother. He’s got a long ways to recover. And what more beautiful place to do it.” Bo sits with an odd expression on his face.

Ellie meets in Jock’s study with Mateo and Peter. Peter talks about Ewing Industries take over of Burges’s board and ouster of Jeremy and Michael Burkcroft. Jolie says she’s in charge of the Wendell Family trust and gets out of jail in a few days.

Ellie asks, “And Burkcroft?”

Mateo answers, “He’s far enough ahead in the poles come Tuesday he’s governor. Our governor.”

“And my brother is our senator. Perfect. Have you spoken that little tart Damae?”

Peter says, “The Washington Free Press put her in charge of their D.C. bureau. That should keep her in place.”

“Looking good. With Amy working in D.C. for the foundation with Julie here, I think my father will find everything in order when he gets home.”

“Better than he left it,” Peter adds. “Steven’s back to running Ewing Alternative and seeing someone new. Jolie had twins, we’ve got Burge and Wendell and Burkcroft have been naturalized.”

Ellie smiles.

The Ewing’s come out behind Southfork as a limousine pulls up. Pamela helps John Ross out. Steadying himself with a cane as Jay hugs his legs. His grandpa couldn’t be happier to see anyone then his three year old name shake. He hugs Ellie next and then Steven.

Ellie asks, “How’s grandma?”

“She’s doing well. We had a nice visit. Stopped in D.C. to see Jack and Amy. Alls good.” He shakes Lucas’s hand and Lucas introduces him to Ray and Lance, his infant sons. John Ross hugs Jolie.”

Steve says, “And dad, this is Jesse.”

They shake hands. “Nice go meet you Jesse.”

They walk into the house.

In the living room John Ross mains the bar and passes out cocktails. Jay and Josh deliver them. Lucas tells him about the ranch.

Pamela sits down next to Lucy and says she’d like to work with the foundation searching for a cure for cancer. Lucy says she should talk to Jolie. “I haven’t been involved in the foundation in sometime, with Jay and Josh keeping me busy.”

Jolie says, “I’d be happy to talk about your ideas.”

“It scares me the number of times thus family has had to deal with cancer.”

John Ross hands Jesse a drink. “So you’re the son of Jebson Ames the third. We grew up together.”

“Yes my father told me all about you and your family.”

“Well probably can believe all you’ve been told, but best to leave the past in the past.”

“Probably.”

“So what is it you keep yourself busy doing?”

“I’m an artist. Oil painting mostly. But I’ve dabbled in a little bit of everything.”

“Lucy must love that. She introduce the two of you?”

“Actually she did.”

Kelly walks out of the pool at the Wade Ranch. A man approaches. Ms. Wendell. I’m Jeb Ames.”

“Mr. Ames.”

Jeremy walks out of the house. “Oh I see the two have meet. I’m think you’re gonna like what he has to share as much as I do.”

• Like Like x 1
  5. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +450
    [​IMG]
    Jeb and Jesse Ames

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,313
    Yay an update. I'm glad John Ross has recovered. :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +450
    In a ranch hands cottage Maddox and Ellie pull off each other’s clothes in a frantic race into bed.

At the breakfast table by the pool Lucas and John Ross talk cattle while Jolie and Pamela talk charity work.

Ellie comes out of the back of the house and sees Mateo and Paul off before walking toward the pool. John Ross asks,”Good meeting?”

“Certainly. I want to pick your brain later about Jeb Amos.”

“Sure.”

Steven sits up in bed and says, “Really, I’ve got to get going.”

“Remind me why you’ve got a job?” Jesse Amos asks.

Standing and pulling on his underwater, Steven says, “It’s the family business. Ellie’s in charge. Jack works in D.C., and alternative energy is mine.”

“What do you mean Ellie’s the boss. I thought you said your x, Peter, was?”

“Ellie’s Peter’s boss. And Jack’s boss.” Steven gets dressed.

“Aren’t the people of Texas Jack’s boss?”

“After Ellie.”

Mateo stops by the Wade ranch-house. He walks around back and says hi to Kelly walking out of the pool.

“Can I help you with something?” She asks.

“I’m looking for your brother.”

“No you’re not. You know as well as I do he’s not here. Far as I can tell you know everything that goes on around here.”

“I did need to see you.”

“About Maddox or another ranch hand I’m sleeping with.”

“No about Maddox. That ends. Ellie Ewing is interested in him. So it ends.”

“I don’t really care but you’ll need to find someone to replace him.”

“The four others aren’t enough?”

“I abhor even numbers.”

“Pick anyone you want.”

“You?”

“I don’t share.”

“Then convince me to get rid of the others.”

In a Dallas office Jeb says to Jeremy, “In addition to Jock and JR, Lucy Ewing was once my step mother and Cliff Barnes slept with my mom while she was married to my father, so trust me, there isn’t a Ewing or Barnes I like in the least.”

“Good. Then you’re all in.”

“What about your sister, Jolie, and your nephews? They’re Ewing’s. I’m concerned if you’re all in.”

“I’ll do what I have to do. And your son, Jesse?”

“He’s sleeping with Steven Ewing to get on the inside of family, no other reason.”

“I’ll be the judge of that.”

8. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Another Oil Barons Ball and everyone in Dallas arrives.

As they approach their table Jolie says to Jermey, “I expect you to behave tonight.”

“Of course sister dearest.” He kisses her cheek and sits next to what looks to be a super model. Kelly sits with Mateo introducing him to Jeremy. Jeremy says, “Yes I’m familiar with Mr. Ramos. I didn’t know you were seeing each other.”

Kathryn Wentworth sits down at their table introducing Senator McClintock from California.

Jeremy says, “Welcome Senator. I hear you’re making a big for the White House.”

“Someone has to clean up the mess in Washington.”

“You must now Lucas’s cousin Jack,” Jeremy adds while Lucas and Jolie sit down.

“Jack Ewing. Of course. Different side of the isle but we’re familiar with each other. I’ve worked for a long time with your Senator Brown on various committees.”

“Yes she’s more a friend of the Ewing’s. Contrary to appearances, this is the Wendell table.”

John Ross, steadying himself with a cane is welcomed by everyone, so glad to see him back in Dallas. He sits at a table with Pamela front and center. They’re joined by Steven and Jesse along with Jack and Amy.

Lucy takes to the head table up on the platform with Mitch.

Ellie walks in with Bradley Cooper, not needing to introduce the actor as she makes her way across the room.

Jeb Amos takes a table with his current wife as Ellie walks buy. “Jeb. How are you. Looks like we’ve got your youngest son at our table. Hello,” extending her hand to his wife, “You must be the current Mrs. Amos. I’m Ellie Ewing. This is Bradley Cooper.”

“Lee Stone.”

“Keeping your last name I see. Good idea. Jeb here is never married for long. My grandfather, JR Ewing, and your grandmother, Marilee Stone, did business together. Are you involved in the oil business?”

“No I work at the art museum.”

“Oh I see. Beautiful place to work.”

“And you?”

“Oh I don’t work. I’m far to busy.”

Lucy announced the recipient of the Jock Ewing Memorial Scholarship.

Ellie leans over to her father, “Who are all those people at the Amos table?”

John Ross looks. “Cousins. His brother. Jeb doesn’t get along with his children.”

“Are any of them here besides Jesse?”

“No. Jesse just recently moved back to Texas. It’s not a close family. The few sitting together probably only did so because Jeb paid. Usually he’s at a table with business associates. Not many family tables left. The Andersons. The Leland’s.”

“The Ewing’s.”

“True.”

Jeb looks up at the lead table with Lucy leaning over to whisper to Michael Burkcroft. His says, “Look at that carpetbagger. How the hell she got him elected governor.”

At the bar a woman introduces herself to John Ross. “Hello. I’m Antonia Barberini.”

“Hello. John Ro....”

“Oh I know who you are. My grandfather did some business with father.”

“Oh I see. And you’re visiting Dallas?”

“My family’s from New York. I’m here on a personal matter and an associate of mine invited me.”

“Well I hope you’re enjoying our shindig.”

“Yes the food is excellent.”

“You’ll have to give credit to my cousin Lucy for everything here tonight.”

“I will do that. I wanted to ask you something. I know we’re strangers but I recently ran across my mother’s diary and in it she mentions your father.”

“Does she.”

“They had an affair. Brief.”

“Doesn’t surprise me. My father was married twice. I don’t believe he spent much time faithful to either wife, my mother or my brothers mother.”

“So I’ve come to find out.”

“What is it you want to ask?”

“Would you be willing to help me with a DNA test. I believe JR Ewing was my father.”

“My father had many illegitimate children, so it’s possible. He set up small trust funds for them, same as my brother and I. Though he also left me a share of Southfork’s oil.”

“I’m not after money. I don’t need a small trustful and I believe your share of Southfork’s oil went to the Ewing Family Foundation.”

“Appears you’re doing your home work for some reason.”

“Read a lot about you. I never had a father, except for a string of step fathers. I’d just like to know if JR Ewing was my father or not.”

9. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +450
    [​IMG]
    Antonia Barberini

10. ilovesoaps100

ilovesoaps100 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6
    awesome stories keep up the good work

11. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Pamela walks with Lucy and Jolie shopping in downtown Dallas. As they cross the street, bags in hand, a car races toward them. Plain clothed security steady themselves to shoot while others push the three women out of the way. Jolie and Lucy fall to the ground. Pamela is hit, rolls onto the hood and over the windshield and roof before falling onto the pavement. The car is stopped, crashing head first into a light pole.

In a downtown high-rise Jeb and Jeremy move into the offices of Dellos Investments, their names placed on office doors, Jeb as President, Jeremy as Vice President. They welcome secretaries.

Steven walks through a Ewing Alternative Energies lab with technicians in lab coats discussing research. An explosion ahead of them sends them flying off their feet.

The lab burns out of control.

Petrio meets Paul in his office of Ewing Industries for lunch. The two hug. Petrio carries a picnic basket.

A news reporter states, “An off shore oil rig began spewing oil into the Gulf late last night. Authority await the crude washing up on the Texas shore. The platform is owned 50/50 by the Ewing Oil Company and the Trident Corporation. Ewing Industries wholly owns Ewing Oil and is the single largest shareholder in Trident since its merger with West Star. Ewing Industries, the private investment of the Ewing Family, also owns Wentworth Tool and Die, the maker of an experimental bit used to get at deep oil deposits under the sea. No word when or if this leak can be caped.”

John Ross shows Antonia around the ranch with Lucas joking, “Of course our father was more interested in oil than cattle but this was home.”

“I can see why. This is more than just a business. So besides beef, what do you eat?”

Lucas says, “Oh we’ve got other animals and a huge garden just for the family. Beef is our cash crop. But most everything we eat comes from right here at South Fork.”

“And your ranch is part of this?”

John Ross answers, “All the land is owned by the Foundation. The South Fork Cattle Company runs the operations as one ranch, made up of what were once several ranches. And then certain houses are owned by certain people. Like Lucy and I own Southfork. And Ellie owns the cottage outback. Lucas and Jolie own the Wade Ranch house.”

“Nice. Nice that you all live so close together.”

Mateo has sex with Kelly in a bedroom of the Wade Ranch House.

Ellie sits having lunch by the pool of South Fork. Jesse approaches, “You wanted to see me.”

“Please sit down.”

12. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +450
    [​IMG]
    Ryan Evans, Ellie’s new interest.

13. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +450
    The family look on at Pamela unconscious in a hospital bed listening to a heart monitor.

Paul rushes into see Steven trying to sit up in bed. “What are you doing?”

Steven says, “I’ve got to go see Pamela.”

“You can’t. The doctor says . . . . .”

“I don’t care what the doctor says.”

“No please Steven. Please.”

“Why are you here?”

“You’re hurt.”

“I’m fine.”

“Just please stay in bed. Let me go talk to the doctor.”

“I don’t need a mother. I’m going.”

“Please. Please let me get a wheel chair then.”

Steven falls into Peter’s arms. Peter hold him tight. Steven holds onto Peter.

Peter whispers, “I love you Steven.”

Steven whispers, “I love you too.”

Ellie walks out of Pamela’s room and says to Mateo, who approaches, “Who was behind that car?”

“The car was empty. Remote controlled.”

“Well that rules out accident. So all we’re left with is too stupid to be scared. I wanted this solved before my father steps foot on South Fork.”

“I’m not sure how easy that’s going to be. I’ve got people shifting through the wreckage at the lab too. Radio controlled. Am headed out to the Gulf next. You keep me posted with Pamela.”

“Thank you.”

“Of course. Security’s tight Ellie. We’ve got this.”

Peter holds a news conference in the lobby of the Ewing Building. “Of course this was sabotage, this rig hasn’t been used in three years.” The crowd erupts in questions.

Laughing, Jeb Amos and Antonia walk from the back of a private yacht into the lounge where Ellie sits waiting. Jeb says, “What are you doing here?”

Standing she replies, “Just waiting to see with my own eyes the two of you together.” As she walks past them Jeb grabs her to stop her. She gabs at him and he doubles over. She pulls away, a needle in her hand. “Don’t ever put your hands on me.” She walks away to leave, turns and says, “The antidote is in your state room.” She leaves.

Antonia walks out to watch her climb up to a platform and then up into a helicopter. The helicopter takes off and flies away.

Jack meets Ellie at the hospital as she steps down out of the helicopter. “Aleksey Potanin,” he says.

“That’s who Jeb’s meeting with?”

“Yes.”

Walking down the hospital hallway a young doctor approaches Ellie and Jack. “Miss Ewing?”

“Yes.”

“I’m Doctor Ryan Evans. Your father asked me to speak to you. To keep you informed.”

“About?”

“We’re prepping your mother is it?”

“She’s not my mother but go on.”

“There’s swelling within her cranial cavity. Were going in to lessen the pressure.”

“I see. Ok. Have you spoken with Mateo Ramos?”

“Yes. He’s through.”

“Yes. If he’s given you the go ahead then what are you waiting for?”

“He’s picked out the surgical team. I’m waiting on one more person. We’re monitoring her closely. I’m very confident. I also examined your brother, Steven. He’s fine to go home. Mr. Ramos insisted he remain in the hospital a few more days.”

“Then that’s what he’ll do.”

“I’m getting the impression you’re in charge.”

“Well I’m not a dictator but yes.”

“Impressive. Everyone answers to you?”

“To my father, well really Lucy, but with my dad dealing with his own health issues and Lucy sort of in the background.”

“Yes I was informed. Miss Lucy has been looking after him. Having tests run. He’s a strong man. Miss Lucy, she’s, different.”

Ellie laughs, “You could say that.”

“I’ll keep you posted.”

“Thank you.”

The doctor leaves.

Jack says, “I do find it interesting. Lucy’s in charge. Always has been as long as I can remember. And dad he does all the work.”

“We function as a family better with that set up, someone like her or great grandpa, Jock, in charge. All those years this family ripped itself apart until Lucy stepped up to help dad. And someone like grandpa JR or my dad or me in this case takes care of things.”

“And one day when you fill Lucy’s shoes, will Jack be ready to fill yours?”

“He’ll be ready. The real question is will you all fight me when that day comes like the family did grandpa JR?”

“Have Steven and I ever given you reason to believe we would.”

“No. No you haven’t.” Ellie kisses his cheek. “I just don’t want dad stepping aside like this. His health. Now Pamela. It’s too much.”

“You can handle it Ellie. We’ve all got your back. We know you’ll do what you’ve got to do for this family.”

14. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +450
    [​IMG]
    Dr. Ryan Evans out of the pool.

15. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Saw Jack’s picture was missing from page 1. Hope this works:

[​IMG]

16. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +450
    In the Southfork study Ellie, sitting on the edge of the desk, listens to an account by Paul to cap the oil leak in the gulf. She turns to Mateo, “And?”

“Well no one is doubting sabotage but we’re still looking into who.”

“Who do we have?”

“Aleksey Potanin, chief investor in Dellos Investments, Russian Oligarch.....” She cut him off by holding out her hand. He places in it a thick file folder.

She sets it on the desk and says, “Hit him hard.”

“In the making.”

“My Aunt Antonia?”

“Her money was in a trust over seen by an very easy to get at man.”

“And you got at him?”

“She’s broke. Nothing left but the clothes on her back. The word’s spreading now that she’s tainted. Any help will illicit the anger of her enemies.”

“Which are said to be?”

“The Russian mafia out of New York.”

“Good. Let’s see how she does in a homeless shelter, the little bitch. Jesse Amos?”

“An x-boyfriend called him up to whisk him away for a weekend of debauchery.”

“I don’t want him back here.”

“He’ll be lucky to remember his name afterwards”

Paul says, “Is that the guy Steven’s seeing?”

Ellie answers, “He’s Jeb Amos’s son. And Jeb’s Potanin’s bitch. To dangerous to have around here.”

“Does Steven know you’ve sent him away?”

“What we discuss in this room is only known to those in this room. So consider this a test.”

Ellie walks through the grounds of a lush condo complex to the club house and then the pool. Ryan comes walking up out of the water. “Miss Ellie.”

“Dr. Evans.”

“Please, Ryan. What brings you here?”

“Lovely complex.”

“Shopping for a condo?”

“No. I wanted to thank you in person for taking care of my brother and my father’s wife.”

Drying himself off. “Of course. Most family members don’t come to my home to thank me.”

“Most family members aren’t Ewing’s.”

“This is true. I do find your family interesting.”

“I hope that’s a good thing.”

“It is. They seem very tight knit. And, I don’t have a family so to see one as close as yours. Well. I hear you all live together.”

“On the same ranch, most of us, yes. My uncles live else where, a few cousins, a couple brothers. Live elsewhere. But most of us live on Southfork.”

“Must be nice.”

“I suppose it is. Never thought of it otherwise. Lucy’s always trying to get her brother and sister to visit. She remodeled the old Henderson house on the property for them. They visit, often. So does Lucas’s sister, Margret, she stays with him. Supposedly she’s going to retire to Southfork. She’s a D.C. lobbyist. And two of my brothers stay in the main house when they visit. Christopher’s the only one who’s never around, and his father, my Uncle Bobby.”

“I see.” Ryan watches her babble and smiles.

“I’m sorry. You don’t even know all these people.”

“No. Please continue. It’s interesting.”

“You’re very young to be a neurosurgeon, aren’t you?”

“I graduated from college before most graduate from high school.”

“Oh I see. That’s impressive.”

In the hospital John Ross sits with Pamela, laying unconscious in a hospital bed.

Outside the room a doctor says to Jack, “I know this isn’t a good time for this news, but your father should start chemo again, right away. It’s still early. We can fight this and win. Get him back into remission. But we can’t wait.”

Lucy walks into the hospital cafeteria and sits across from Ryan. “You always eat alone.”

“Is that a question?”

“An observation.”

“From one observation you deduct always?”

“No of course not. What’d your mother say about me?”

“You’re not the sweet little southern bell you pretend to be.”

“Well since your mother’s not the genteel northern debutante she portrays, I guess she’d know.”

“Yes she would.”

“So I’ll be honest with you Ryan. I’ve raised Ellie like she was my own daughter. Her mother died after childbirth. Jack’s mother went to prison and Steven’s mother, well. That’s left me to help my cousin raise them. Jack was such a sweet young boy growing up. Just my little hints about Amy Anderson were enough. They’ve been happily married for some time. Steven’s proven more challenging to be coaxed. But Ellie. Well you don’t coax her into anything. And finding the right man has been a challenge.”

“And you think I’m him.”

“Yes I do. So I was thinking you would come over for dinner this evening. Ellie’s dealing with some bad news about her father. It’ll just be a small gathering. Her father won’t even be there. Now that Pamela’s out of danger, thanks to you, he’s goin’ ta go hide out in the woods. He calls it hunting.”

“I’m happy there doesn’t appear to be any lasting damage. But I still should be keeping a very close eye on her.”

“I agree but I think I they both needed to get away.”

Up in a tree, in a deer blind, Pamela cuddles with John Ross wrapped up in several blankets.