Dallas in the Way Future

Discussion in 'Dallas Writers Room' started by stevew, Jan 21, 2018.

1. stevew

stevew Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +521
    Sorry I got distracted. Ideas get stuck in my head. I’ll be back to it soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +521
    Mateo meets with Kelly over lunch in a sunny Dallas restaurant. “You do what you have to, I just expect your help with your brother and Potanin.”

“Maddox is just a . . .”

He cuts her off as she searches for a word, “I’m not interested. Do we have a deal?”

“My brother’s terrified of this Potanin.”

“As he should be. You should be too. Right now he’s being informed about us meeting.”

“Then what good am I to you?”

“He doesn’t know what we’re saying.” Mateo pats a little electronic devise on the table. “But I want him to know we are talking. I’ll have security on you.”

“I don’t want in on this, Mateo.”

“To late. Your brother already brought you in. But I’m going to insure your safety. I just need you to be a go between, between me and your brother. And know I can trust you.”

“And how do you know that.”

“You’re too scared to risk loosing me on your side.”

Lucy sits on the sofa at Southfork with Paul as the family arrives. “Amy, Jack. I didn’t know you’d be back in town. You remember Paul. His boyfriend is in Europe and so he’s all ours.”

Jack shakes Paul’s hand and says, “Things are heating up in D.C.”

“Good to get away for the weekend?”

“You said it. You can tell a blood bath’s stirring up.”

“Oh Steven,” Lucy says. “Jack. You tend the bar in your father’s absence. Come here Steven, sit with me. You’ve been busy. I hear the natural gas market went crashing this morning thanks to you. But that’s business. We shouldn’t talk about it. Though Jack I do want to hear all about that other oil rig explosion and the Ewing fields in the Middle East which were bombed. Things are getting ugly out there.”

Paul says to Steven, “I heard Thailand shut down your methane rig off the coast after that tsunami. They’re not trying to link it to the Ewing Process are they?”

“Yes they are.”

Lucy says, “That’s absurd. Isn’t it Steven?”

“Well Christopher had issues early on but that nothing which hasn’t been accounted for. There are people stirring up foreign governments to oppose our drilling. But as we’re impacting the price of natural gas, I’d say it isn’t working.”

Jay and Josh come running into room next. Lucy laughs as they pile on her for a hug.

Jolie and Lucas walk in next with the twins and Liam. Jolie introduces her brother. Steven checks him out. So does Paul.

A maid whispers into Lucy’s ear. “Oh that wonderful the doctor who looked after you, Steven, is here.” Lucy stands and greets him, introducing him the room and making sure he tries her caviar.

Ellie is the last to enter the room. Lucy says. “Oh good. Ellie. Dr. Evans needs a dinner companion. Would you mind. Everyone. Let’s go in. Dinner’s ready.” Lucy takes a hold of Paul’s arm and says quietly to him as they walk across to the dinning room, “You had better make a move to win back Steven before its too late.”

Steven chats with Liam.

Ellie asks Ryan what brings him to Southfork, “Again.”

“Lucy invited me. She wants to talk about neurological research at the hospital. I’m suppose to sit down with her and Amy after dinner to talk.”

“Oh. That’s wonderful. I want to thank you for your advise on my father.”

“Of course. How’s he doing?”

“Traveling. He’s meeting with that doctor you suggested in Switzerland next week. Right now he’s living it up with Pamela.”

“Good. He needs reasons to fight. The love of a good woman who cares about you, that’s a very powerful reason.”

“I suppose it is.”

Pamela kisses John Ross and he lays back in a hospital bed. An orderly wheels him away. She stands and watches.

Maddox rolls around in bed with Kelly.

Steven walks out to the stables where Liam is saddling a horse in tight riding britches and a while polo. “Afternoon, Steven. Coming out for a ride?”

“Yes.”

“My sister said you all keep your horses together.”

“We do.”

“I hope this one isn’t yours.”

“No it’s not. Traveller belongs to my brother. But as Jack’s not around much, I’m sure he’d appreciate the attention.”

“We all like attention.” Liam winks at Steven and mounts the horse. With a click of the tongue he’s off, leaving Steven to watch.

Ellie sits alone having lunch at the Cattleman’s Club when Ryan walks in with a small group. “Ellie? Ellie Ewing.”

Looking up, unfazed, “I didn’t know you were a member?”

“Reciprocity with the Groucho Club in New York.”

“Oh I see. Well, welcome. I hope you enjoy your meal.”

“Would you like to join us?”

“No thank you. I’m in the middle of Coelho’s newest book.”

“Well if you change your mind. Hope to see you again.”

“Yes I’m sure we will see each other again. Enjoy your lunch.”

Paul meets with his legal team and is told the Congressional investigation finds Ewing Oil innocent of the off shore oil spill and named a terrorist group linked to Russia, Bratva. His pleasure turns to upset as he’s also told Congress has banded all off shore oil leases in the future and from being renewed and that regardless, Ewing Oil will bare the brunt of the billion dollar clean up.

Ellie sits out on the patio of Southfork in the dark, sipping on a glass of Sambuca. Steven stops by on the way to his apartment above the barn. “You’ve been quite all night.”

With out looking up, “Ewing Oil is facing bankruptcy. I can use Ewing Industries to cover the cost or end the company.”

“Wow. That’s big.”

“I can buy the name, personally as part of the bankruptcy.”

“So you can recreate it?”

“That’s not the point. It won’t be our great grandfather’s company.”

“No I suppose it won’t.”

“And the demand for crude oil is too low to even justify it.”

“I’m sorry Ellie.”

Lucy puts the four boys to bed at Southfork. Lucas and Jolie’s sims exited to be spending the night with Jay.

In the offices of Dellos Investments Aleksey Potanin says to Jeb and Jeremy, “Ewing Oil is done. Looking at our books we’re doing a fine job at buying up Ewing Industries debt.”

Jeb says, “We’re on our way.”

“But what’s this Island Capital Corp’s buying up our debt.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Cayman Island company,” Aleksey says, “you better dig deeper.”

“The Ewing’s behind it?”

“Not so that I can figure out . . . Yet.”

In the quite morning Liam walks out of the back of his sisters house in a speedo, jumps in the pool and swims the length to pull himself out at the other end and Kay down on a lounge chair sunning. A butler places a tray with nail next to him along with a bottle of sun tan lotion. He opens the mail. What’s in first letter stuns him.

Ellie sits next to him and begins to rub sun tan lotion in his chest.

“What do you want?” he asks.

“To use you.”

“You just had to ask.”

“I’m not interested in asking. I own things, and you’re a thing a own.”

“And if I just leave?”

“I’ll hunt you down and bring you back.”

As Lucas walks up from the barns, Lucy and Jolie watch the kids playing in the yard, sitting with a man Lucy’s age, handsome and distinguished. Lucy introduces him, “Jolie this is Charles Evans. You remember, Ryan, the doctor who took care of John Ross and Steven. His father.”

“Nice to meet you,” Jolie says, offering her hand. They shake. “Lucy tells me you’re involvement in finance is helping finance some debt the Foundation is investing in.”

“Yes. I’ve set up a company in the Cayman Islands.”

Lucy puts her hand in Mateo’s, who stands behind her holding the back of her chair. “And Mateo will take care of the rest.”

“I don’t want to know. Just that my family’s safe.”

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +521
    Jeb steps out of his car in front of his office building and cop cars rush up onto the sidewalk. FBI agents walk out of the front of the building. One grabs him and handcuffs him behind his back. Another says, “Mr. Amos you’re under arrest for high treason against the people of the United States. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to have an attorney. If you cannot afford one, one will be appointed to you by the court. Do you understand these rights?”

“Yes,” Jeb speaks clearly as he’s walks to his car.

A woman approaches him, “With these rights in mind, are you willing to talk with me about the charges against you?”

“What charges? I did nothing wrong.”

“I intend to prove you worked with Bratva to manipulate the outcome of the last election.”

“What? You’re out of your mind. I did no such thing.”

As they push him into the back of a police car she asks, “What can you tell me about Aleksey Potanin?”

A television news reporter says, “Aleksey Potanin fled to Russia before federal investigators could get to him. The Justice Department has requested his return, though such is unlikely. He will be forced to remain in Russia or a handful of counties as America’s allies have announced Potanin will be handed over to the United States if he enters their boarders. The Department of Justice is going forward with the trial against Jeb Amos and Roger Sizemore for high treason, seeking the death penalty . . . “

A Russian man introduces himself to Paul in his office as Potanin’s lawyer. Before Paul can speak Ellie walks out of the side office and says, “You can explain to Mr. Potanin the concept of mutually assured destruction. Bratva and Mr. Potanin are safe because the Ewing’s are safe. My stepmother and brother were not. That’s two for two. Please let Mr. Potanin know I personally assure him, he will be the last if he chooses to continue this game. Am I clear Mr. Grant? The same goes for his associates, so I hope he’s paying you well enough to justify the risk he’s placed you under, considering the game he chooses to play. Please also explain we will continue with the Ewing Process regardless of the effect on Russia’s economy. He needs to find other means to secure his country’s future.”

In a park in Moscow a young couple walks holding hands along the street. Two silent bullets penetrate their skulls.

Jolie meets Jeremy walking in the front door with a bit of a skip. “What’s got you so happy?”

“I’ve arranged the financing. Potanin’s shares were seized by the government and the Amos family sold me their shares. It’s all mine. I’m back Jolie. I’m back.”

“I’ve heard. Cayman Island Investments set up the debt. Just as they helped you buy Ewing Industries’ debt.”

“How do you know about any of this?”

“The Ewing Foundation, which I run, owns Cayman Island Investments. We bought it from the Evans family, friends of Lucy’s. So we’re all going to play nice.“

“You went behind my back with the Ewing’s?”

“I am a Ewing, remember?”

“How can I forget?”

“Your shares in Dellos are safe just as long as you play nice with Ewing Industries. Their debt will build your company and it’ll be a win win for everyone, even the Foundation.”

“Or?”

“Or the Foundation sells Cayman Island Investments to Lucy, John Ross and Lucas Ewing and you walkaway with nothing.”

“I can’t believe you. After all they’re done to this family you still side with them.”

“I’m not siding with anyone. I’m making sure there’s peace. It’s up to you, Jeremy. Play nice or leave, leave Dellos or what ever you want to call it, and this house. And this family. I hope I’m clear on this. There’s no Ewing Wendell feud.”

The sign on the high rise is Dallas is changed from Dellos to Wendell Investments, LLC.

Ellie and Lucy watch a polo game in which Ryan Evans plays.

Lucy sits in the living room with Jay when Jolie and Lucas walks in with their boys. Lucas pours cocktail. Next to enter the room are Ellie and Steven. The doorbell rings as they all chat and a few minutes later a butler shows in Paul and Ryan. Lucy walks up to them, hugs each and thanks them for coming.

4. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +521
    Note: Jack and Amy spin off series in Washington, D.C. Their son, Jay, stays with Lucy.

5. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +521
    upload_2018-11-23_5-49-15.jpeg
    Kyle Lewis, Steven’s new interest

[​IMG]
    An Li, President of Li Electronics, child prodigy

[​IMG]
    Kalpana Patel, President of the Agra Corporation (electronics)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  6. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +521
    3 years later:

John Ross and Pamela lay on a private beach on the Indian Ocean.

Ellie meets in the morning at Southfork in her study with Mateo and Paul discussing general business.

Steven is introduced to a team of engineers working on advances in batteries. He notices the black eye of one particularly hot young man. “That looks painful.”

Carefully touching his bruise he says, “No, it’s nothing.”

The boss says, “This is Kyle Lewis. He’s accident prone.”

Steve says, “I hope you didn’t get that here at work.”

“No. I’m into several sports after work. This was skate boarding.”

“Oh I see.”

As the tour raps up Steven speaks to Kyle on the side. “Are you skateboarding after work today?”

“I might. Wanta come and watch?”

“Yeah. I’d like that.”

Jeremy meets in his office and introduces two business associates, An Li and Kalpana Patel. “We’re all very interested in manufacturing the next generation of battery, but we’ve got one problem. Ewing Alternative is a head of us.”

An Li says, “He may be ahead of you but I’ve dominated this field since I was seventeen. I’m not concerned.”

“Let’s not lie to each other. We all know the next generation battery comes from Ewing Alternative. And none of us are happy about it.”

“And what are your ideas, Mr. Wendell?” Kalpana asks.