Dallas in the Way Future

Discussion in 'Dallas Writers Room' started by stevew, Jan 21, 2018.

1. stevew

stevew Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +442
    Ellie walks into Eric’s cottage on Southfork late at night. He’s wrapped in a towel. “What are you doing here darlin’?”

“Had to get out of the house. You have anything to drink?”

He picks up a half drunk bottle of cheap whisky. “What the hell is that?”

“There’s a bottle in the kitchen someone put there. That might be better. I don’t know.”

Ellie walks into the kitchen. “So this bitch with a grudge against my granddad shows up to help the Wendell’s take control of Trident. I’ll be damned.” She walks out carrying a bottle of JR Ewing Boubon. “This is my grandad’s own. You wouldn’t happen to have a clean glass?”

“Do I look like the clean glass sort?” He takes a swig from his bottle.

She huffs back into the kitchen. “Anyway. So, my daddy puts Amy Anderson on the board of Trident. She ain’t even married to my brother yet.” He can hear the sink running. “I don’t know if we can trust her. How’s he know if he can trust her?” She walks out with a glass of bourbon in her hand and takes a sip.”

“Ask him?”

“What?”

“Look it. My daddy didn’t give two shits about me. Left my mom knocked up with three hundred for an abortion. But that man adores his children. Ain’t no one around here don’t know that. So just ask him.”

Ellie runs the cold glass along his well defined chest. “I’m sorry about your daddy.”

“I’m not. Should have never went looking for him. An embarrassment. Some drunk locked up, gay for the stay bitch. Ran over a family of four and asked if I could smuggle him in drug.”

“Your mother?”

“You don’t really care to know, do ya?”

“I wouldn’t have asked if I wasn’t at least curious.”

“Curious ha? The mattress of Midland. Got screwed by ever redneck she could get her hands on. Drunk most of the time. Said I had fetal alcohol syndrome. Whored me out for a fix once.”

“What?”

“You don’t need me to repeat myself do ya?”

“I don’t know what to say.”

“Don’t say anything.” He pulls off her shirt and takes off her bra.”

Early in the morning, before the sun comes up, John Ross gathers in his study with Mateo, Juan Carlos and Amy. Looking at Mateo, “I looked over your list of Trident’s board. Either dig deeper or put shit in their closets.”

“I can, but I don’t see the problem. We both know you plan on Paul running the company.”

Juan adds, “With me pulling his strings.”

Amy says, “I don’t get it.”

“J. Paul Wendell knows what he’s doing. He’s got the connections for the job and we’re just gonna strip the company clean as other energy sources come on line any way. He also makes a good target for all those individuals pissed off at the death of oil. Juan Carlos here has what we need to keep Wendell in check. But he won’t take orders from a Ewing. So he takes them from a DelSol. I don’t give a shit. Even with friendlier backers he’s still right where we need him. We just need you to follow his play.”

“So you’re fine with this arrangement?”

“Hell darlin’ I set up this arrangement. My daddy didn’t intend it to be a lesson but he taught me to never ignore the skeltons in your closed. Deal with ‘em before your enemies deal with ‘em for you. You got any skeltons need airing out?”

Steven goes over plans with a lab technician in his office. “So that’s that. One last go over and you sign off and we’re in business. This one site should send the price of natural gas tumbling. How’s the studies going at Michigan?”

“They’re going. I’ll be glad to have this off my plate and focus on nuclear.”

“I get. You’re bitting off a lot. Not much time for yourself.”

“Well I keep busy, that’s what I do.”

“Burning the candle at both ends.”

“Something like that. What are you doing after this is up and running?”

“I don’t know. Be asigned to another project by my firm. Well, it’s a go?”

Steven signs the paper in front of him. “It’s a go.”

“We’ll be in touch.”

Steven studies him as he walks out of the room.

John Ross sees Karin walk out of the pool at Southfork and says, “We really gotta get you a job.”

“No thank you.” Drying off she says, “With Amy so busy, I find myself handling all of the details of this wedding. Should be pretty big shindig.”

“Should be in deed.”

“What about you. Everyone else is off at work any you’re still lounging around the house.”

“Darlin’ I was up seeing to the ranch work and my morning meeting long before dawn. I’m just headed out for round two.”

“And what’s that.”

“Checking on the ranch work. I’m riding out to Henderson property. Some issue with an oil rig they had to shut down and clean up. Gotta make sure it was taken care of properly. Join me for the ride?”

“Alright. Help me get dressed first?”

With a smirk John Ross follows her into the house.

Lucy walks with Mitch in a park in Dallas. “No it’s not manipulating you. Who better to oversee reconstructive surgery? They asked for the donation. We thought it was a good plan. We, the board. Which includes Sue Ellen and lots of other people. Yes I mentioned your name. And was told there’s no one better in the country. You spent three months a year in the third world, I’m told, three months in New York, three in LA and the rest you’re off. Why not switch LA for your home town?”

“I don’t know, Lucy. I think I’m better off not spending three months in Dallas.”

“Why, because of me?”

“Lucy.”

• Like Like x 1
  2. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +442
    Charlotte sits in the garden of the Wendell mansion with Katherine. Katherine says, “That kid, Steven Ewing, he doesn’t know the beast he’s poking. First methane extraction then nuclear power.”

“Yes but all that will take forever to be a real threat.”

“The rigs for converting to methane extraction are already there. They’ll be on line in a couple of years. In five Ewing will be the only name in gas. And what are the Russians thinking about a Western Europe not depended on their gas tap?”

“True.”

“Ten years they’ll have the whole county on nuclear, along all this other solar and wind.”

“You really think they’re that big of a threat to change up things. The car companies with their batteries have taken a sizable dent.”

“And will continue to. No the writings on the wall. My problem, like yours, I don’t want to see the Ewing’s coming out on top. And I have no problem point the right people at them. I owe them a debt or two.”

“So do I.”

Amy walks down the executive office hallway of Trident with Peter. “I’m saying that John Ross gets Juan Carlos as chair of the finance committee and you’ll be on a leash. Back me and we can work together.”

“Your education is impressive, but your experience is lacking. Frankly the Ewing Farlow Foundation insisting on putting you on Tridents board is absurd.”

“Absurd or not I’m on the board and yes I’m the youngest member. It’s up to you. You count up the votes. The only way you don’t end up with Juan Carlos is to get behind me.”

A hurried knock comes at a campaign office door and a young intern looks in, “Sorry sir. Mr. Ewing.” Jack sits in the office going over his schedule with a man behind the desk. “Sorry. It’s all over the news. Congressman Bennett just died. His plan went down somewhere over Virginia. The phones are off the hook and your father’s one line three.”

The two men look at their phones and it’s obvious they’ve been ignoring messages. Jack picks up the phone and the man behind the desk pushes line three. “Dad. What the hell’s going on?”

John Ross says, “Joe Bennett is dead. Time to switch up. You’re going district wide.”

“What? No. D.C. But . . .”

“No buts. Tell that campaign manager of yours you’re switching gears.”

Jack hangs up and tells him.

3. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +442
    Lucy walks into Karin’s cottage on Southfork. “I need to talk to you.”

“Lucy. I was just getting ready for diner.”

“That’s what I came to talk to you about. I don’t care what you and John Ross do privately, but I don’t want to see the charade in my house. If you can’t keep your dirty secret to yourself then stay out of my house.”

“Really. Your house. I thought it was John Ross’s house. Maybe he’s more agreeable to our . . .”

“Whoring. No, not in public and not around his family he wouldn’t be. But go ahead and ask him. In fact tell him, it you or me. Make him choose. But mind you, he can just as easily replace a tooth brush as he can replace you.” Lucy walks out.

Steven turns over in bed, his face stained with tears. Jack’s campaign manager gets out of bed naked and says, “Damn your the funnest little slut I ever did know,” and slaps him on his bare ass.

Ellie approaches a door to a modest fifty year old trailer in an extremely poor trailer park. A worn out woman in her forties answers. “Yes.”

“You’re Eric’s mother?”

“Eric, yeah why?”

“I’m a friend of his.”

“That’s your problem.” The woman goes to close the door on her.

“I would do that if I were you. Meth withdrawal is nasty and I make sure no one ever sells to you again.”

“Who the f*** are you?”

“I told you, a friend of your sons.”

“What do you want.”

“Just to size you up. He said his dad offered you the money for an abortion. Why didn’t you, get one that is?”

“I was young and stupid and bought a purse with the money.”

“A three hundred dollar purse?”

“I know it’s a lot of money for a purse, but I wanted it.”

“It is?”

“Especially back then.”

“I see. You let people hurt him for a fix.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Yes you do. I can see it in your eyes. Like I said he’s a friend. I’ll be keeping an eye on you.”

“You threatening me?”

“Good lord no. Threats are for people who don’t want to do what’re telling you. I’m telling you so you’ll be spooked while I’m watching. I’ll keep you on your toes.”

“You’d better stay away from me.”

“Or now you’re threatening me. Cute.” Ellie walks down the stairs leaving her in the doorway with a red laser site fixed to her forehead.

Jack stands at a podium talking to his campaign office about changing the race for Congress. He talks about loving Texas and Dallas and Braddock County. They applaud.

John Ross rides up to Huda. “The Wade ranch is a beautiful piece of property.”

“It sure is. I can’t tell where once ranch ends though and the other begins.”

“This is the Henderson ranch. It belongs to Southfork.”

“I see. Do you mind?”

“Not at all. You’re the guest of family, as long as you do right by Lucas.”

“I’ve enjoyed his company.”

“First class rancher. He isn’t lying telling you he taught me everything I know about ranching. Well, I’ll leave you to your peace and quite. It’s pretty amazing, being out here. Just you and your thoughts.”

“You don’t have to go.”

“Don’t I?”

That evening the family gathers in the living room for dinner. Jack announces his campaign for Congress. Amy announces her appointment to the finance committee of Trident. Jack announces he’s turning over the methane extraction process to his team and they’re off and running. Lucas announces he’s expecting to set a record on the auction for his prized bull. Lucy announces the Ewing Farlow Reconstructive Surgery Clinic. “I’ve agonized over the name and I think it’s what grandma would have wanted.”

“I think so too,” John Ross agrees. “And Mitch?”

“How did you know about Mitch?”

“I make it my business to know what goes on in my town.”

Ellie asks, “Where’s Karin? Isn’t she joining us for dinner?”

“No,” Amy answers. “She’s got a head ache.”

Ellie gives a look of disbelief. “Well a girl that clumsy probably knocked her head into something.”

Lucy had to stop herself from spitting her drink out.

Ellie then adds, “So Huda, what have you been up to?”

4. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,159
    What a nice surprise to see Abby make an appearance I hadn't expected that. :)

So Katherine's back and out to make the Ewing family's life miserable in business. I am not surprised. So the fight for power and control of the company can begin...

Yay Mitch is moving back to Dallas. At least partly. :D

5. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +442
    Charlotte meets with Huda while looking over fabrics in a Dallas dress shop. “I heard you’re on the board with your brother, Peter, and Kathryn Wentworth.”

Charlotte answers, “Yes we’re a block of votes. We hope we can count on your brothers support. Amy Anderson, Mateo Ramos and Juan Carlos DelSol are a block of votes for the Ewing’s.”

“That Anderson girl’s just a child. What could Jack and Lucy be thinking?” Huda asks.

Charlotte laughs. “I’m about to stick that little girl right in my pocket.”

“I’m certain you can count on my brother. He hates the Ewing’s. Almost as much as I do.”

John Ross gets off s private plan and walks up to shake the hand of a handsome man in his late thirties. “Mr. Ewing.”

“Duke.”

“Please call me Alex.”

“Alex then. And I’m John Ross.”

“How’s my mother, John Ross?”

“Interfering with my company.”

“Ah. Well I hear she has a lot of good reasons to hate your family.”

“My father maybe but I don’t know the woman other than she’s the sister of the batshit crazy man who killed my father.”

“I see. Well sometimes we pay for our parents sins.”

“And sometimes we profit off of them, right?”

“That’s true.”

“Your mother’s game of revenge has her dealing with people you might want to reconsider the association.”

“I assure you we are very capable of handling who ever we choose to associate with. I hear my cousin Pamela has a personal grudge against you as well.”

“I wouldn’t expect your mother to be on Pamela’s friends and family list.”

Alex chuckles, “You know family. We can hate each other one minute.”

“Yeah well the Barnes weren’t ever all that cohesive.”

“Oh don’t worry about the Wentworths. We’ll take care of ourselves.”

Charlotte has lunch with Amy in a bright and sunny Dallas restaurant. “Well since were on the board of Trident together I thought we should get to know each other.”

“I got that from the invite. You getting to know everyone on the board?”

“No. It’s just you’re so young. Everyone else has a long career behind them that speaks for them. People like you, your fiancé. They’re unproven quantities. Do you know what I mean.”

“I do.”

“Take your soon to be brother-in-law. He’s running Ewing Alternatives. He keeps surprising everyone. Methane extraction. Nuclear power. But he’s just an awkward kid. The world eats up guys like that. You know what I mean.”

“I do. I’m not so awkward.”

“No. Maybe not.” Charlotte hands her a large envelope.

Amy looks though it, pictures. “What are these for some perverted collection of yours?”

Charlotte laughs. “You like men. Don’t we all. But you’ll notice very clearly that hulking engagement ring on your finger. One wonders how long you’ll stay in the good graces of the Ewing’s going around doing those sorts of things.”

“So I do what you tell me, you keep my secret.”

“You’re a very smart young woman.”

Amy stands up and leaves the table.

In the back of a limousine Amy tosses the folder to Jack. “For now I’ll go along with her. Until the ejection is over.”

“Then it won’t matter. I’ll talk to my father.”

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know . . .”

“Why would you. From now on we’ll just need to be more careful.”

6. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +442
    [​IMG]
    Alex, Katherine’s son

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +442
    The feud is on.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,159
    So I guess John Ross thinks that Cliff actually killed JR?
    Also Amy is a bit promiscious. Why am I not surprised. :re:

9. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +442
    No he knows but as the rest of the world doesn’t he’s fine with laying blame on Cliff. Lol.

Amy and Jack both get around - A LOT.

10. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +442
    In her Dallas penthouse Katherine yells at Alex, “Jolie Wendell! My god Alex you’re a Duke. You can’t marry that common slut!”

“I can marry whom ever I want.”

“You marry her you better hope the Wendell’s support you because you’re cut off.”

“You can’t do that. That’s my money.”

“That I control until your 50. And obviously your father’s concern was valid.”

“We’ll see about that.” Alex abruptly leaves.

Katherine picks up the phone and says, “Charlotte. We’ve got a problem. My son thinks he’s going to marry your niece, Jolie . . . I don’t know when but it’s not happening. I’ll vote for DelSol to run Trident before I let this marriage happen . . . Yes I’m serious . . . Don’t you threaten me! Just make sure you put a stop to it.” Katherine hangs up.

John Ross talks to Jack while cleaning out the stalls, “Listen son. If the two of you worked it out, who am I to say anything. So you both strayed. You weren’t married. I don’t think it’d hurt your election one bit, if you ask me.”

“We just wanted to make you aware of what Charlotte’s up too.”

“Yes it’s best to keep me informed. Tell Amy to continue with our plan. We’ll handle things once they’re out, if Charlotte actually follows through.”

“Thanks dad.”

“I won’t come between the two of you, I can promise you that. But son, any grandchild better be a Ewing.”

“Yes sir.”

Out back of Southfork Lucy and John Ross shoot skeet. Inbetween sets, “So do I shut down the methane extraction for now and focus on Trident?”

“You mean given in to being bullied.”

“These aren’t just bullies on a playground Lucy.”

“I know but Stevens working so hard to build that company. We all know big oils on its last leg.”

“It’s not going down without a fight.”

“I don’t know what to tell you John Ross. It’s your call.”

They shoot another set. John Ross says, “Damn you don’t miss.”

Lucas yells at Huda, “I just need a loan.”

“I don’t understand, why not ask John Ross?”

“Because I don’t want my family knowing about it.”

Jack gets dressed in the morning, coming out of the shower in a towel. Amy does her markup. “So daddy found out those pictures came from someone working for Katherine Wentworth.”

“Really? Why?”

“She’s working with the Wendell’s to get at Trident and the thought is she wants more than money. She wants to break the family. He also says she’s dealing with big oil that intends to stop this whole methane extraction of Steven’s.”

“What does your father plan to do about it?”

“He doesn’t know yet.”

“Well he’d better figure it out. You’ve got an election. We’ve got a wedding coming up, very soon, and I’m going to have a baby.”

“What? Your pregnant?”

“I haven’t seen the doctor yet, but the stick thing says I am.”

“Well that’ll please him. I’ll be damned.”

Steven sets in the shower of his Ann Arbor, Michigan apartment in the corner, hot water blanketing him, face buried in his hands. Someone turns off the water.

Katherine Wentworth says, “He was just using you.” Steven doesn’t look up, “But I can get him back for you. I just need a favor from you.” She bends down and pulls him by the chin to look at her, he tear soaked face. “You can be used or you can use. You have to make up your mind which. That’s something no one’s going to teach you. But I will.”

Katherine gets on a private plan and before the door is even closed says on her phone, “Yes, I’ll buy the loan . . . No I’m not interested in his financial standing, I want him to defult with the Wade Ranch as collateral . . . I’m on my way back to Dallas now. Make the arrangements.”

Ellie walks into Mateo’s office in Dallas, “What the hell is going on with Katherine Wentworth and my family?”

John Ross steps out of the back of a limousine approaching Katherine as she leaves the Trident Buikding walking to another limousine. “We need to talk.”

“No we don’t. For now I voted with you on Juan Carlos running Trident. I don’t plan on discussing it.”

“I don’t know what the hell you’re up to but your friends.”

She cuts him off, “You know what friends.”

“My Family is very heavily invested in natural gas. The idea of Ewing Industries somehow owning the global market doesn’t sit well with me or any of these friends if mine. I don’t give a damn about big oil. You and I both know the game is loot this place not build it back up.”

“Are you sure you can handle your friends?”

Katherine smiles, “I’m certain you can’t.”

“Viktor Schecin.”

“Careful John Ross.”

“Listen to me.”

“No John Ross, listen to me.”

A red laser dot show up on her chest. John Ross yells “No!” as he shoves her out of the way. He’s shot in the shoulder. Than the hip as he falls to the pavement.

Katherine stumbles back and is then shot in the chest twice.

In a hospital room the Ewing’s look down at an unconscious John Ross, including Pamela. His heart monitor flat lines and she cries out, “No you can’t leave me.”

An open grave, a casket lowering into it. Standing over it, Christopher holds Pamela.”

11. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,159
    You're getting rid of Katherine already? :(

Also John Ross is a gentleman after all, trying to save the lady from getting shot.

I wonder if it's really Jacks' baby Amy's having...

Also I've heard of people having their inheritance tied up until they are 30 before. But 50 is a new one.

12. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +442
    I love the assumptions. ;)

Who shot JR?

I figured with Katherine she probably tied up her son’s inheritance for up for the rest of her life. Lol.

• Like Like x 1
  13. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +442
    A very pregnant Amy walks into the living room and Jack hands her a soda water

Lucy says, “Did you here Jolie Wendell is pregnant?”

“The Duchess,” Ellie scoffs.

Lucas walks in the room next. “What about the Dutches?”

“She’s pregnant,” Ellie says.

“Isn’t that nice. The Wade Ranch ‘ll be a nice place to raise kids.”

John Ross walks in limping on a cane, “They aren’t gonna be statin’ that long.”

Karin walks in next, “Who we talking about?”

“Jolie Wendell’s pregnant,” Ellie says.

“Oh yeah I know. Showing. I road over there this afternoon. Alex is back in England. Kinda an odd marriage. They’ve been apart more than together. She’s livin’ there by her self.”

“Well if she gets lonely I’ll be happy to buy her out and she can leave,” John Ross announces.

“John Ross!” Lucy snaps. “We all know how you feel about the Wendell’s, but that’s not Jolie’s fault. And we don’t discuss business at dinner. That rules older than you are.”

“Jack I need to see you in the den.”

John Ross and Jack go into the den and close the door. “How’s Washington?”

“Bullshit for the most part.”

“True. But you making any progress on getting those methane rigs open?”

“Margret and I have been doing nothing else. We’re not getting anywhere.”

“Alright. I’ve got some things cooking. I’ll keep you posted.” He hands his son an envelope. “I need you as my back up for something. K in there is Katherine Wentworth. I need you to take care of her if I’m not able.”

“Take care of her? She’s dead.”

“Better off dead. But she isn’t. No one but you, me and Mateo know. Truth is I’ve laid back on the methane extraction until we’re ready. Viktor Sechin, who runs Grazneft in Russia tried to kill her. Your brother’s next on his list. He’s not up in Michigan just for school. He’s in hiding. But I’m ready to get this ball rolling. We’re not running and hiding form this son of a bitch.”

“Yes sir. Can I ask you one question. How’d Katherine survive? She was shot in the chest?”

“You think your old man didn’t set this whole thing up. She was wearing a bullet proof vest. The hat was too. We needed to flush him out. And force the Wentworth’s hand. If they’re gonna play with the enemy, they’re gonna get burned right along with them.”

“Katherine agreed to work with you?”

“When I found out what my father and the Barnes put her through, I knew there was a chance to make a friend. Listen to me son, never pass up the chance to get rid of the trash or make a friend. Barnes was a two-fer. Now that’s out little secret. I don’t need Pamela to know I was working with the woman who took her money, as well as took control of both Aunt Pam and Cliff’s money.”

“She did? How?”

“A little clause in her father’s will her mother ignored. Second lesson for tonight, information is power and information lies in the details.”

“Cliff Barnes is broke.”

“Stone broke. Aunt Pam’s luck she’s got Uncle Bobby.”

“Damn. So you did it. You destroyed the Barnes.”

“I told you about my father’s masterpiece. Just wait until you see mine. Now lets get out there and play nice.”

After dinner in the dark evening John Ross sits out on the back porch in his lambskin coat when Lucy comes out to talk to him. “Thinking about her?” she asks.

“How’d you guess.”

“You’re not the only Ewing who can’t leave this place to be with the person they love.”

“When I needed her she was here. Every time she proves she loves me and then leaves. And I can’t bring myself to follow.”

“I asked my dad once how he got away from Southfork.”

“What’d he say?”

“Every day of his life he’s wanted a drink, except for when he was home. He’d have stayed and put up with your father but he couldn’t do that to my momma or Betsy and Bobby and regrets having done it to me.”

“Done it to you?”

“That’s what I said. I love Southfork, as much as I love anything. I guess that’s what he meant. But I don’t regret it in the least. I would have it any other way. And helping you raise those three kids couldn’t be better if they were my own. I love how we all get along. I felt like an only child or more an aunt to you then a cousin. But I’ve seen more fighting in this house when I was younger. You did good John Ross. I don’t know how. But you done good.”

“We done good.”

At the Wendell Mansion Charlotte welcomes Vicktor Sechin.

14. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +442
    [​IMG]
    Viktor Sechin

15. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +442
    Ellie walks though the Cattleman’s Club right up to a table where Charlotte, Paul and Viktor are having lunch. “Imagine my surprise when I heard you were engaged in this very public meeting.”

“Ellie, how are you? Viktor, this is Ellie Ewing. John Ross’s daughter. Ellie this is.”

“I know who this is.”

“And I know of you,” Viktor says. “I heard you were orchestrated the financing behind Ewing Alternative’s methane extraction process. Are you involved with the current experiment in the Gulf?”

“I don’t work Mr. Sechin.”

“No I suppose not. But I’ve heard you have many friends. You sell stuff.”

“Well, I see connections others do not and I put together networks. Vast networks.”

“Yes. That’s what I’m told. A friend of mine back in Moscow informed me that I should be particularly nice to you.”

“Funny I haven’t heard the same about you and I’m sure we had a talk with same friend. I was in Almaty for a meeting with some friends. We ran into each other and he didn’t mention you once.”

“No. Shame. I bet you’d find me of interest.”

“Oh but I do. In fact I found it very interesting that so many people do not mention you.”

“Well like most businessmen I like to keep a low profile. If you were a businesswoman I bet you would too.”

“Oh most assuredly. I don’t trust those that seek publicity.”

“And why’s that.”

“They’re not businessmen at all. They’re marketers.”

“You’re being kind.”

“We call them flimflam men.”

“I like that name. Suites them. But not people like us.”

“No. Not people like us.” Ellie looks over at another table and waves. “A friend of mine.”

“Well don’t let me keep you. Nice to have meet you.”

“I’m sure we’ll see each other again. Charlotte. Paul.”

16. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +442
    On a secluded tropical beach Alex jogs up to plop down on a towel wearing a navy blue speedo. Next to him Steven turns and says, “Your goofy.” Alex starts to wrestle with him. They laugh.

17. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,159
    Good thing that Katherine didn't die. :)
    Also you do keep surprising with the time jumps as I thought PamBecca was gonna come back when John Ross had been shot. But now he's already up on his feet again.

I'm not surprised Katherine managed to skim Cliff out of all his money. She always seemed more scheming and used to get what she wanted on the show.

18. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +442
    I’m trying something different. A fast moving plot. With Amy now very pregnant I was hoping to give the impression it been 8-9 months. Pamela isn’t done yet.

Katherine did help break the Barnes after all. Gone. But theirs still her son - money, title and all - and of course Pamela.

19. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +442
    A board meeting of Trident continues with Paul Wendell in the lead. Charlotte backer her brother. Amy looks at Mateo who just chuckles. Juan Carlos sits back in his seat. The other vote when called on. One seat remains empty. Pamela walks into the room. “Sorry I’m late. I’ll be taking Billcore’s seat. I also represent the Cavendish family.”

Charlotte says, “Welcome. And congratulations on becoming the Chairman of Billcore.”

“Thank you. Are you also aware that my husband turned over to me Ewing Oil?”

“You mean to Billcore?” Paul asks.

“Your husband?” Amy asks.

Pamela smiles. “No to me personally. I’m the President of Ewing Oil and I own one thirds of the company, my grandfather’s third. Oh and I never divorced John Ross, so he is still my husband.”

Juan Carlos raises an eye brow.

“So, what id like to do here is split up Trident. Big oil is dead. Ewing Oil will buy two of its refineries.”

Lucy and Mitch have lunch on the terrace of a Bora Bora beach house.

In the night sky an oil rig off the coast of Texas explodes.

• Like Like x 1
  20. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +442
    Juan Carlos says to John Ross out behind Southfork, “What does she mean you’re still married?”

“What? Pamela said that?”

“She said you were never divorced. But I remember you marrying my sister.”

“You know your sister was part of my father’s plan. And you know I took care of her.”

“But you were already married.”

Pamela walks up from the driveway.

“She was dying. She was pregnant with my child. What was I suppose to do? I asked Pamela for a divorce. She said no. Marta was in love with me.”

“So you married my sister knowing you were already married.”

“Knowing she was going to die. I loved Marta. You know I did. You were there when she died. When I handed Ellie over to Lucy and left. I wanted to be happy with her. I wanted it so much. But . . .”

“She was happy. And she did love you. And you were good to her.”

“I’m sorry. I wish things had been different.”

Pamela says, “And you returned with Steven.”

“Yes.”

“And his mom?”

“None of your business. You lost the right to know anything about me when you walked out of my life.”

“I walked out because you cheated on me.”

“I told you I thought ours was a business marriage. You were clear about that. You loved Christopher.”

“I told you I loved you.”

“Words with us never meant a thing.”

She shoves him into the pool and walks into the house.

Ellie sitting to the side smiles, attempting to hold back outright laughter.

John Ross comes up and says, “Now come on darlin’ don’t go away mad.”

In John Ross’s den Juan Carlos says to Pamela, “Well that’s the end of Trident. How long yiu plan on running Ewing Oil?”

“Oh I’m back in town to stay.”

“So your marriage was a lie as well.”

Pamela turns to stare him down. “That really was a business arrangement.”

“With two children? Did Josh Cantrell know it was business before he died?”

“Mind your own business.”

“John Ross is my friend, so what his wife does with another man is my business.”

John Ross walks in the study in just a towel, his hair wet. “Are you still here Pamela?”

• Like Like x 1