Dallas in the Way Future

Discussion in 'Dallas Writers Room' started by stevew, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,842
    So Pamela never divorced John Ross?
    Nice I didn't see that twist coming. I wonder why she never divorced him though...

I mean why stay married to him when he's a cheater who's having babies with other women?

It doesn't make much sense.

2. stevew

stevew Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +417
    Well you also have to ask what she’s been doing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +417
    Pamela speaks in front of a press corps. “No one was on the rig during the explosion. Yes we are concerned when people are actually working the rig and we’re looking into it.”

“Mrs. Ewing. You say you have complete confidence in this team but this Ewing Process lead to another explosion two decades ago that nearly killed you.”

“That was rigged. And we believe so was this explosion.”

A night club is alive with young people dancing to techno music which leaves a ringing in their ears and a beating against their chest. Jack shakes hands with several young people off to the side and explains how Washington needs their support. Amy has her own little group talking about how Washington is fighting their values.

Ellie keeps a close eye on Steven and Alex Cavendish dancing with a group of people, including Karin. She smiles as Steve tries some semblance of coordination.

She then turns to see an undercover cop arresting Dan Luce. There’s only a slight disturbance in the place as he’s taken away.

A very pregnant Jolie joins Lucas at the bar. “Why don’t you join us?”

“Not really my thing?”

“Cowboy music and crying into your beer?”

“Something like that.”

“What ever happened to that girl you were seeing?”

“Just left. Her brother arrived and she left. But now that Trident’s finished he’s gone too.”

“My father and aunt are furious.”

“Well they’ll make some money at least. I heard your father intends to run against Jack in the next election.”

“Yeah. Apparently. Say Lucas you want to get out of here?”

“Go where?”

“Just for a walk in the city. It’s a quite night out and a lot cooler outside.”

“Sure, lets get out of here.” Lucas downs the last of his whiskey.”

Viktor Sechin is shown into Pamela’s office. “Nice view.”

“Thank you. You have a proposal for me?”

“First off I’d like to buy Ewing Oil, assuming that’s not in the cards, I’m curious of your plans for the company, if you don’t mind me asking. The future of big oil and gas concerns me.”

“I’ve agreed to stay on through the break up of Trident and Ewing Oil acquiring some of there assets, including a dwindling chain of gas stations. We’re also acquiring Ewing Alternative’s gas business, which will allow that company to focus on nuclear.”

“I see. That should be very beneficial to Ewing Oil.”

“Ewing Gas will be a wholly owned subsidiary of Ewing Oil and yes, we expect considerable profits.”

“You’re an impressive woman. On the board of Billcore and Leland Bancorp. The problem for me is your ability to control the natural gas market. I’m told once on line you’ll drive the price of gas down so low most companies will back out.”

“I don’t know about that.”

“Yes you do.”

“How about you tell me what you know about the explosion.”

“I don’t know anything about an explosion.”

“Yes you do. And just like you, I like to look my adversary in the eye.”

“Mrs. Ewing, you don’t want me as an adversary.”

“Mr. Sechin please do not assume I’m a gentle woman.”

“No, I’ve looked enough into who you are to be cautious. To many unexplained events.”

“Well, I’m glad we’re on the same page.”

Pamela walks off an elevator and into a penthouse apartment where Ellie turns around in a chair and says, “So what is this I hear you’re still married to my father?”

“What the hell are you doing in my apartment?”

“I get why he’s still married to you after all these years, three kids and countless women later.”

“And why’s that?”

“Same reason my grandfather could let go of my grandmother despite her affair with your father.”

“What are you talking about.”

“To this day, every Monday flowers show up to her with a note from him.”

“You’re kidding.”

“A box of chocolates on Valentine’s Day, a present on their anniversary, a love letter on her birthday.”

“Never would have thought.”

“He loved her. Just like my father loves you. He turned over Ewing Oil to you. But you and your fake marriage to Josh Cantrell and your sons with the man. Lucy said you just about killed my father.”

“Really. That I doubt. No one understands a business marriage better than your father.”

“Logan or Caleb.”

“What of them?”

“Nothing. Nothing at all.” Ellie walks onto the elevator. “Just stay clear of Southfork.”

Steven and Alex sleep together.

Lucas arrives at the hospital with Jolie going into labor.

John Ross sits in his lamb skin coat in the dark of night out back of Southfork. Karin says, “Need some company?”

“Shouldn’t.”

“Why not?”

“Pamela’s back in town.”

“I see. And that means?”

“Nothing. Except I sit here thinking about here.”

“Sorry to hear that.”

Jack helps Amy down the stairs inside the house. She’s in labor.

4. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,842
    Aww I like that reference about how JR is still sending Sue Ellen all those gifts from the other side of the grave. He did love her. She did love him and I'm glad you acknowledge that and that the grandkids knows it even though they've never met him.

Sounds like PamBecca and John Ross relationship is even more complicated though.

So two babies coming at once...

5. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +417
    Yeah I thought you’d like that with JR.

Yep way more complicated. Think JR and Sue Ellen if they were both strong willed and could walk away from each other but couldn’t take that final step of divorce.

Yep a new Wendell generation, related to the Wentworth’s. And the next generation of Ewing’s, related to the Andersons.

Plus Pamela’s children, Barnes yes, and Cantrell’s, so Charlotte Wendell is there aunt having been married to their father’s brother. A complicated web. Lol.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +417
    Steven and Alex look in the nursery to see a baby named ‘Joshua Alexander Cavendish.’

Lucas comes into Jolie’s room with a huge bouquet of flowers. They hug and she thinks him for being there. Charlotte comes in the room next. “Well. Look who’s here.” Looking at Jolie, “Did your parents show up yet?”

“What do you think?”

Amy screams as John Ross Ewing V is born. Jack holds his son.

Pamela walks up to John Ross in the hall as they hear the baby cry. “Congratulations.”

“I’m sorry.”

“For what?”

“I don’t regret for one second Jack being my son. But I do wish when I told you it hadn’t hurt you.”

“I know that Elena took advantage of you to get JR’s note.”

“How did you . . .”

“Emma told me . . . So who’s this cousin of Amy’s, Karin Lee?”

John Ross gives her a look that says he doesn’t want to discuss her.

A television news anchorman says, “Billcore’s surprise find of rare earth in western Canada has sent the company shares skyrocketing. The Cantrell brothers, known for turning Billcore into one of the world’s largest mining companies, have made nine billion dollars in the last 24 hours. Middle brother Mathew Cantrell ran the company for over twenty years. His widow, Texan Charlotte Wendell, serves on the company’s board among with the widow of the youngest brother, Joshua Cantrell, Pamela Barnes, another Texas oil heiress. Oldest brother Benjamin Cantrell, ninety-one, still serves on the company board.

Pamela Barnes left the executive team of Billcore to run Ewing Oil, a family company founded by her grandfather, Willard Barnes, and brothers John and Jason Ewing. While demand for oil continued to decline, demand for natural gas continues to grown as the supply has rapidly decreased sending the price to record lows and allowing Ewing Oil to dominate with its Ewing Gas subsidiary and the Ewing extraction process. Many consider Mrs. Barnes the most powerful executive in energy today.”

Pamela gets out of her car behind Southfork and walks up to find Ellie having lunch by the pool. “Is your father around?”

Ellie says, “Well good afternoon Eleanore. And how are you? Don’t you look lovely as always.”

“Yes, yes. All that. I came to see your father.”

“No you didn’t. You came about my friend in Tajikistan. Billcore wants to work out a rare Earth deal.”

Pamela sits down next to her. “Alright. So will you help?”

“Haven’t you pissed off the Russia’s enough with your gas extraction process? You’re not even up and running and gas prices are collapsing.”

“I’m in business to win, not placate an aging oligarch.”

“I hear Paul Wendell will be named CEO of Billcore.”

“That’s correct.”

“Other then he’s moving to Europe, why would I help a Wendell accomplish anything?”

“Consider it a favor for me.”

“Sell me your share of Ewing Oil and leave.”

“That’s not going to happen.”

“No I didn’t think so.”

“I’ll think about it.”

“Think about what?” Lucy asks approaching the two carrying Amy and Jack’s baby.

“I just asked Ellie for some help with a business venture.”

“Oh. Well I’m sure she’ll help. We’re one big happy family. Stay for lunch?”

“I’d love to.”

Karin approaches from our back with her baby.

“Oh look. Karin’s here.”

• Like Like x 1
  7. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,842
    So Jack is the child Elena had who I thought was going to be Chris baby...oh well...that explains something.
    What happened to Elena now again in this story?

I'm sorry but I think I am mixing up some of your stories with each other... :embarrassed:

8. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +417
    No worries. This plot is moving faster than most, I think. I’m trying a fast plot and character development at the same time. It was mentioned briefly at one point Elena is in prison for her involvement with Trevino and the drug cartel and the attempted murder of Chris. I figured the baby could have been one of three guys. I made it John Ross. And after years of recovery Chris started his life over and left. Trevino went to prision too - at least one would assume.

Then there’s Stevens mother. All we know is when Marta, Ellie’s mother died John Ross checked out. When he returned he had Steven.

No worries. Way to many stories to keep straight.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +417
    Fermi Nuclear Power Plant, Monroe, Michigan, Steven stands talking to a group of reporters, “We know the nature of energy has changed. Battery technology has made cars, trucks and buses electric. High speed rail using electricity has gained over plans and the high cost of jet fuel. People like my cousin Chris Ewing are working to change that in the aerospace industry. Our homes are using solar panel roofing to off set the cost of electricity, many still using gas to heat their homes. Ships at see use more nuclear power then anyone ever imagined. The game is always to lower costs and increase output. We’ve done that all across the board and oil has been relegated to what coal was decades ago. Gas production has become amazingly proficient, thanks to my Chris Ewing’s extraction process that is promising to plummet the price of natural gas as safe, cheap and abundant. That is until the next technology. But how to lower costs and efficiently while maintaining safety with nuclear power? That’s why Ewing Alternative Energy has bought Fermi from DTE. Nearing the end of its usable life, right here the future is born.”

In the audience Alex looks on.

A Southfork barbecue slowly builds. John Ross patting Steven on the back for changing the world, Jack telling his brother he couldn’t be more proud of him and Ellie hugging him.

Eric the ranch hand brings up a box of wood over to the the massive grill where John Ross sets up. He pats him on the back and asks him to stay.

Amy site talking with Lucy about and up and coming fundraiser as Lucy feeds the baby.

Lucas arrives, “I can smell that mesquite all the way out to the road.”

Karin grabs his arm and says, “Welcome Lucas. I was just asking if you were going to be here.” Obviously flirting with him in front of John Ross she goes on. “I want wanted to talk to you about thoroughbred horses.”

Jolie and Alex Cavendish approach from the driveway and John Ross meets them by Lucy. They hug. Looking at both she thanks Lucy and John Ross for inviting them. Lucy says, “Of course. The Ewing’s might not have always got along with the Wendell’s but you’re always welcome here at Southfork.”

“Yes,” John Ross says, “That bad blood has gone under the bridge. We’re practically family. Your married to a Wentworth and the Barnes and Wentworth are family to the Ewing’s, whether any of us like it.”

Lucy has her sit next to her with the baby.

John Ross shakes Alex’s hand. “I hope we’re good.”

“My mother died in your family feud, what do you think?”

John Ross still holds his hand. “I tried to save her. Really I did Alex.”

Alex notices Stevens face light up seeing him. He softens a bit toward John Ross.

Next to arrive, Pamela walks up from the driveway with two nearly identical boys in their early twenties. Ellie goes out of her way to meet her long before the pool deck. “Ellie, I’d like you to meet my boys, Logan and Colin. And this is the one and only Ellie Ewing.”

“Why are you here?”

“Your father invited me. Would you mind showing my boys around?”

“I’m not a tour guide. Just watch yourself.” Ellie walks back to the family with Pamela and her sons following.

John Ross sets a platter of steaks on the table. Lucy, Amy and the cook bring out side dishes.

Charlotte Wendell walks up with Vicktor Sechin. John Ross goes to welcome them. Jolie follows, “Aunt Charlotte. You’re the last one I expected to see here.”

John Ross says, “Lucy invited her. And I see you brought a guest.”

“This Vicktor Sechin. And Vicktor this is John Ross Ewing.”

The two shake and John Ross welcomes him to Southfork.

Colin and Logan approach and hug Charlotte, calling her, “Aunt Charlotte.”

John Ross says, “One big happy family.”

Ellie walks with Colin Cantrell on the property. “So I hear you went to school with Long Dia.”

“Dia? Yes. In Switzerland for four years. You know Dia?”

“No but I’d like to.”

Pamela sits with John Ross by the pool. “I was impressed how Steven handled the press.”

“Yes. I worry about him. He’s stressed a lot, school, work. And he seems so lonely.”

“Do you want me to talk to him? The summer he spent at Oxford we sort out f got to know each other.”

“You did?”

“I told him I was a friend of his father’s.”

“I’d like to think that’s true, but yes. If you think it’d help. I’d appreciate it.”

“I’ve got a favor id like to ask.”

“Go ahead. Give Logan a job with Ewing Industries.”

“Why don’t you give him a job with Ewing Oil?”

“I want him to be on his own. You understand?”

“Yes I guess I do. What’s his background?”

“Undergrad at Oxford. MBA at Harvard. He’s worked for Channing Enterprises for the last three years on special projects.”

“Impressive. I’ll look into where to place him.”

“Thank you. I’d like him to stay here in Dallas, as long as I am.”

“So you’re planning on staying?”

“We’ll see.”

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,842
    Okay so Steven's mother is still a mystery then...

We know that Pamela had twins running in the family but what are the odds that she would first lose a set of twins and then have twins?
    Didn't see that one coming.

I like that it's a BBQ. Fun stuff always tends to happen at the BBQ, Oil baron's Ball or Rodeos... ;)

11. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +417
    [​IMG]
    Logan and Colin Cantrell

12. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +417
    Charlotte says to Lucy, “Nice place you have here.”

“Thank you.”

“Jolie tells me Lucas has been helping her run the Wade ranch, must be difficult she since it was his.”

“No I’m sure he’s fine with things. John Ross has offered him plenty of opportunities to get back into ranching on his own. He helps out a lot around here too.”

“Pretty big place. I imagine needs a lot of help.”

“Yes. Keeps getting bigger too. Last week we bought the Southern Cross out in San Antonio.”

“I heard there isn’t any oil on Southfork anymore.”

“Oh there’s some, just too expensive to get at. Demand’s just too low. But I’m glad. Grandma always hated drilling into the land. At least that drama’s over. Better for the environment too.”

The two watch the boys a sleep in their swings. Charlotte says, “You think they’ll grow up friends? Henry’s a Wentworth and a Wendell.”

“I intend to see to it. Jay and Henry ‘ll be best friends. I got Jolie bringing him over everyday. Maybe one day their children will marry and it won’t matter.”

“You’re an optimist. I’m sure they’ll fight over women and money.”

“No they won’t. They’re second cousins by marriage. They’re gonna get along just fine.”

“How you figure they’re cousins of any kind?”

“Pam is both of their great aunts, Jays by being married to their Uncle Bobby. Don’t you worry. I’ve got this.”

“You think so.”

The two watch Jolie and Lucas walk into a barn.

Out the other side of the barn Lucas shies her Chester, the best stud in all of Texas. “I probably over paid for him. But he’s all I’ve got left of the ranch. John Ross said I could keep him here. I insisted on paying for his keep.”

“You’re a proud man. Do everything on your own don’t you?”

“That’s right. Only way to be.”

“If I were to talk Alex into selling the Wade Ranch would you or John Ross buy it?”

“No Jolie, you love ranching. I ain’t takin’ any charity. I’ll get back into ranching in time. I got all I can handle teaching you and helping John Ross. By the way, you did an excellent job birthin’ that calf the other day. Things was bad and I don’t don’t the chance to say so then.”

“Thank you Lucas.” She takes his arm and snuggles up against his shoulder.

Alex and Steven ride horses way always from the house.

Dismounting from his horse, Steven says, “You’ve got to give up this hatred of the Ewing’s. So your mother hated my grandpa and Uncle Bobby. Ones dead and the other’s out in California. She had Aunt Pam and Cliff even more. And she got her revenge on them. Even you said she talked better about my dad in her last years. And he too two bullets trying to save her.”

“They still don’t say who the shooter was, like he was some random sniper in Dallas. Show up just for one target. What the hell us that?”

“My father has Branch Water working on it. Believe me they’ll figure it out.”

“He says it was because she turned out to actually be working with him on splitting my up Trident. Some other partner of hers, he won’t give me names yet, he did it, or had it done.”

“Probably because this person is dangerous.”

“I suppose.”

“Listen Alex,” Steven holds both his arms, facing him, “I know you and your mother didn’t always get along, and you feel guilty. But you’ve gotta let it go.”

“I should have just married the girl she picked out and been done with it.”

“You should have told her you’re gay.”

“Then what? Adopted a baby with you?”

“Sure.”

They hug.

The police come racing down the Southfork driveway.

An officer approaches the family. “Mr. Ewing?”

“Yes,” Jack says. “How can I help you?”

“I think he means me.” John Ross steps up.

“I do. I’m hear to place you under arrest for the murder of Katherine Wentworth.” Another office handcuffs him. “You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford one, one will be appointed to you by the court . . .” John Ross is put in the back of the cops car.

Charlotte and Vicktor stand, watch and smile while the rest of the family are in shock.

Alex says, “Wait a minute he was there. He was shot. How did he kill my mother?”

“I’m sorry you’ll have to take that up with the prosecutor.”

13. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,842
    I wonder what's happened to Katherine since John Ross is now arrested for her murder. Something fishy is definitely going on here.

14. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +417
    Well she was “killed” by someone as far as everyone knows.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +417
    John Ross sits in a jail meeting room. A lawyer sits down across from him. “Bail is being arranged.”

“Thank you.”

“You care to tell me how you knew this was coming?”

“I have friends in all sorts of places.”

“I guess so. You know the shooter is testifying you paid him a hundred thousand in cash.”

“Really. And my motive?”

“She stood in your way from splitting up Trident. With her out of the way you put your wife in and accomplished it, expanding Ewing Oil and pocketing billions.”

“Oh sure. That’s motive. So it’s his word again not mine?”

“He used an old riffle of your father’s. You wanted it personal for trying to kill your uncle when she was mentally ill. The riffle matches and is registered to your father.”

“Now that’s interesting. I’ll check our inventory at home. I suppose it’s possible.”

In the back of a limousine John Ross says to Mateo, “Well?”

“We’ll get at him, but they’ve got him in deep hiding.”

“Reminds me of the time Judith and I handled those animals that kidnapped Aunt Anne and Emma.”

“Yeah well they were an easy target. All penned up for you.”

“Just get rid of Vicktor’s hires assign and their case falls apart. And figure out how they got one of my fathers guns. Says we’ve got someone helping them inside. I want them handled too.”

Mateo walks in the front door of Southfork with John Ross. His family is eager to see him. Even Alex waits, not so eager but not angers either. Lucy seems more angry and says, “Up stairs. Now.”

The two enter his bedroom, Miss Ellie’s old room through the double doors. She closes it and quietly says, “So all you have to do is present Katherine.”

“No.”

“What do you mean no?”

“I promised her I’d protect her and Alex.”

“So you’ll go to prison for a murder no one committed?”

“If I have to, yes. Look it Lucy, no one wants this to go away more than me. But I can’t do what you’re suggesting. And you and Mateo made me a promise. Now I expect you to keep it.”

“Alright. Just go down with the family. I’m not in the mood.”

John Ross kisses her cheek and leaves.

She takes out her phone and makes a call. “He won’t budge. What do you suggest . . . That’s a bit extreme . . . I know but . . . Alright. Do what you have to do.”

Down stairs everyone supports him. They all know he didn’t do it. Alex is quite. John Ross eventually takes him into the den. “What do I have to do to convince you I didn’t do it?”

“You don’t have to. I know you didn’t.”

“Thank you.”

“Don’t thank me. My mother called me this morning.”

“What?”

“She explained it all. I can’t say I appreciate being left in the dark, but I guess I get it. I don’t see how you can go through with this if it lands you in prison.”

“I gave your momma my word. I’ll handle it.”

“If you’re sure.”

“Of course I am.”

Back out in the living room Steven asks both his father and Alex, “Everything ok?”

Alex answers, “Yes. I know he didn’t do it. My mother told me he was the one Ewing I could trust and I’m not going back on that.”

“How’d she know that?” Jolie asks.

“Yeah John Ross, how’d she know that?” Pamela asks, standing in the archway.

“I don’t know. I’m just glad she did. The last thing I need is more of a Barnes Wentworth feud right now.”

“At Aunt Katherine’s funeral,” Chris told me he was over the whole feud. Of course he didn’t know you’d be accused of killing her.”

Alex says, “I doubt Chris cared who killed her.”

“Probably true.”

“Anymore than you do. When she proved her mother stole her money and split it with your mother and his father when it was all suppose to be my mothers, well it left them the gutter rats they’re we raised to be. But the women of our family come out ok don’t they. They always marry money, Wentworth, Ewing, Cavendish, and Cantrell money.”

“Stop it.” Jolie begs Alex.

Pamela says, “No it’s fine. Accurate even. I’m just wondering if you believe the bullshit that you can trust John Ross. No one in this room can trust anyone else in this room. I’m sure if she got in his way John Ross did what he felt he had to do. Isn’t that right John Ross. You do what you have to do.”

“Don’t we all,” John Ross says. “But I never meant to hurt you.”

“Of course not. The snake doesn’t mean to hurt the mouse he just needs to eat.”

“You’re hardly a mouse.”

“Well you certainly are a snake.”

“Did you come over here to gloat?”

“No. Lucas hired Colin to work on Southfork. I came to see him.”

Lucas says, “He’s out back. Working.”

Amy says, “I’ll show you the way,” leading her through to the back of the house.

In the barn Colin’s caring for a very pregnant cow. Amy leaves Pamela. Colin’s asks his mother why she’s there. Pamela says, “That what I want to know about you.”

“I’m working.”

“At this?”

“No one better to learn ranching from then Lucas Wade.”

“Since when did you want to be a Texas rancher?”

“Shows how little you paid attention to me growing up.”

“I paid attention.”

“Then you answer your own question.”

“I’m sorry I missed that part, but here, on Southfork?”

“Yeah why not? Come to find out you were married to this man the entire time you were married to my father. Does it bother you?”

“I’m sorry about that.”

“If you’ve come to get me to leave, don’t bother. I’m not leaving.”

“I just . . .”

“Don’t want me to get to know John Ross Ewing, but then you do. You invited us to Dallas.”

“I’m . . .”

“Afraid of something.”

“No oh course not. You’re my son I don’t want you to . . .”

“Get to know my father.”

“What? No! Why would you say that?”

“Because gran believed it. At least it was possibly. I’m sure she’s right. You don’t really know yourself.”

“Your father and I had an agreement.”

“And you came home to find out of that man was going to let you go.”

“And he did.”

“John Ross agreed to divorce me.”

“Then why didn’t you?”

“I couldn’t sign the papers. He doesn’t love me.”

“Are you sure about that?”

“He let me go. He has three kids by three different women. He never came after me.”

“I’m sorry, but I want to get to know him.”

“He’s not your father.”

“How certain are you?”

A man sits in the modest living room of a suburban home watching tv. A quite bullet pierces the window and then his head.

Three young children play in a park in London with adults watching. Three adults are shot in the head. The kids and an older woman are grabbed up and pushed into a van. The van drives off.

16. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,842
    Interesting conversation with Pamela and Colin. So it seems like Afton believed John Ross was the twins father?

At least Alex knows his mother is still alive now. :)

17. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +417
    Awe Afton or Pamela’s “mother in law.” ;)

Yes I thought Alex should know.

• Like Like x 1
  18. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +417
    “So without their assign they don’t have a case?” John Ross asks Mateo in his study.

“They’ve got the gun.”

“We have to show how they could have got it.”

“And you still haven’t shown me how they did.”

“We’re working on it. What you should know, my men didn’t take him out.”

“Who did?”

“I don’t know yet. And, Viktor Sechin’s grandchildren were kidnapped in London. Along with several other of his associate’s family. Amsterdam. Vienna. Prague. Moscow.”

“Moscow?”

“Apparently who ever pulled this off is very capable.”

“So who’s helping us?”

Vicktor walks up into his plan and Lucy turns around to face him. “What the hell are you doing here?”

Still sitting, looking up at the man she says, “In the art of war there’s a time for being underestimated and a time for showing your strength. No one gets on Southfork or anywhere near my family without me knowing. I’ve had to ignore a great deal of behavior among them to put up with this knowledge. Gamblers, drugs, perverts. Appears my uncle was right, there’s not many of us who aren’t hiding secrets. Imagine my surprise when I find three ranch hands with links to people linked to you.”

“I doubt you made that connection.”

“I don’t care what you believe. Anyway I keep a close eye on them. Place a few close to you.”

“Bullshit.”

“Really? Then why are just you and me on this plane? So I go skeet shooting and one of your guys takes a riffle that had been my uncle’s. Not like I’d notice, right? You set up John Ross. Ok fine. He’s a big boy. He can take care of himself. But then your friends make a play for Jay.”

“I see.”

“Right. Your three employees are in a Mexican prison right now. A friend’s helping me. They’ll find his finger prints on the gun used to kill Katherine Wentworth. Not John Ross’s. He’s also willing to testify.”

“He doesn’t even know who I am.”

“I know. You’ve got a nice little network around you. So do those sons of bitches you work with. But I don’t care about that. Courts are for distractions aren’t they? Distraction long enough to walk off Southfork with Jay.”

“Where are my grandchildren?”

“When a woman has you by the balls, you should end your sentences with ma’am.”

“How big do you want this war?”

Lucy laughs. “You really think I believe you have this sort of power back home. Lets say I want all out war. Because before I let you hurt my family, that’s what I’ll do. You know the stupidity about you and your friends? You think you do anything we haven’t already manipulated you into doing for us.”

“Now I’m suppose to believe this played into some plan of yours.”

“What plan would that be? To draw you out and isolate the Wendell’s. I’m guessing you’ll be backing off working with them.”

“No one is going to stand for your family lowering the price of natural gas. It’ll send more then just my country into chaos.”

“Mr. Sechin, that’s something you should have considered long ago. But people like you spent to long playing offense when what you should have been playin’ was defense.” Lucy stands. “Now why don’t you head to Europe and talk to your friends. Well those left, you’ll find one missing.” She walks past him, close to him in the narrow aircraft aisle.

“What about my grandchildren?”

“What would you have answered if I’d had said what about Jay?”

“Listen very closely to me . . .”

“I always do.”

“If anything happens to them . . .”

“You’ll what? Please do tell. That way I know exactly what should be done. You and your friends better do an audit of your situation, Mr. Sechin. I don’t like this one bit. I don’t like doing this. I certainly don’t like speaking to you. I really don’t like the vulnerability you seem to have put my family in. You’re starting to really pass me off. Good afternoon, Mr. Sechin.”

Vicktor walks to the front the the plane, no one in the cock pit. He looks out the door, just Lucy’s driver letting her in the back of a car.

Vicktor yells at Charlotte, “I thought you described her as weak and rather stupid.”

“Are you sure you’re talking about Lucy Ewing?”

“I’m positive. Little blonde girl.”

“That’s the one,” Paul says. “Her third husband, Billy Merwen, staged the board coup to oust me out of Billcore.”

“Well she’s been married seven times to four men. Merwen was her third marriage. They meet and married three months after her moving to New York City and were married for three years. Then she married David Mdivani, a Russian model, and then Alec Grant, the actor, then she married Mitch Cooper again, a doctor she’d married twice before, and finally, right before returning to Texas she married Paul Helms, a diplomat with the UN.”

“And CIA Director.”

“Not until after they separated. They were actually married for some time but he was living in D.C.”

“And David Mdivani is a spy for the FSB. Some speculate he’s also working for Mossad.”

“Well I gave you his name. There’s no way for me to have known his connections line that. And Merwen’s just a diamond merchant. How’d the hell he get handing running Billcore?”

“No. And I certainly underestimated that girl myself.”

“That’s a dangerous game she’s playing. If they’re capable of kidnapping your grandchildren and killing Sergi Usmanov, I’d be certain they did kill Katherine Wentworth. I can’t say I’d have thought they had it in them. Maybe JR Ewing, but not these two.”

“It certainly changes the game.”

Lucy sits in John Ross’s den with Mateo and Juan Carlos. They are silent, in deep consideration. John Ross stands and says, “The question to me is what to do with the ranch hands that betrayed us?”

Mateo says, “Expose them to the others. See how they handle the situation. It was a lot o money to steel a gun, but in the end they broke apart over kidnaping Jay.”

“Alright. Do it.”

In Washington, D. C. Jack sits across from a congressman in the man’s office. “I’m not saying you owe me, though you do, I’m saying it’s in the country’s best interest.”

“We still don’t know what caused the explosion for sure, and you want access to more off shore sites. Do you realize the back lash over this?”

“I realize there’s a lot of pressure on you to vote no.”

“On all of us.”

“This winter Americans can either cut there heating bill down by more than eight percent or pay for a bunch of kitty’s to keep their energy bills sky rocketing. Which are you?”

“Come on don’t play patriotic with me. Your family stands to make billions while the rest of state suffers. Texas has lost a fortune in oil revenue you don’t give a damn about. Now you’re gonna take away gas revenue. No Mr. Ewing I don’t owe your family that much.”

“Alright then. I tried. I’ll just go back to my father and tell him. We can’t even get it out of committee because if you.”

“Now wait a minute.”

“No. I’m done here. You’re too whipped to get it on the floor, where we both know it’ll pass, so be it. We’ve got alternative plans. Things are sailing through in Europe. We’ll be up and running in no time. We can proceed slow and steady. But I’m done dealing with you.”

“We both know you don’t have a choice. I could shoot a man on live televisions and will get re-elected.”

Jack leans over the desk, “What about if you get fucked by one?”

Amy meets in another D.C. office, this time with two professionals. “No the check isn’t predicated on your support. I think if you look it over you’ll support the process. It’s not perfect but you’ll see they’re not loosing any gas in the transfer. The European Environment Agency signed off on it.”

Pamela walks with Steven on the campus of U of M. “I feel like everyone’s working hard to pull this off. You should be proud.”

“Why? It’s Christopher’s work.”

“Yes but you understood it. Otherwise it’d just sat on the shelf. And here you are working on technology that’ll make gas extraction obsolete. Must be difficult all the way up here by yourself.”

“Lonely.”

“That I understand. Better than most.”

• Like Like x 1
  19. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,842
    I like the way you write Lucy as this really strong character. :)
    However I just can't see her kidnap those grandkids. I can totally see her using the situation if she finds out about it. But I don't think she's responsible for it.

So Pamela's bounding with Steven and John Ross has taken care of the ranch hands who stole the gun. Good.

20. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +417
    Lucy is in full protection mode - they were planning to kidnap the baby from Southfork. She’s learned over the years to fight hard and dirty. I don’t think she’d hurt his grandchildren, I see them having a fun vacation, but she’s like a momma bear protect ting her cubs plus with the husbands she’s had she’s learned to make others the victim before they make her the victim, as JR would te her. In the mean time she’s deceptively sweet.

Yes Pamela and Steven will grow very close. John Ross will get close to her boys. One big family.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 7)