Dallas in the Way Future

Discussion in 'Dallas Writers Room' started by stevew, Jan 21, 2018.

1. stevew

stevew Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +458
    JR style in the middle of the day with a yard full of people.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,449
    I agree, it was time for PamBecca & John Ross to hook up again. :spinning:
    I'm pleased to see that they are working towards solving their problems and it was nice how Sue Ellen pointed out to her that John Ross was hers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +458
    He’s a momma’s boy. At least in my story.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ilovesoaps100

ilovesoaps100 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Is this story to the end or not cause it is getting good

5. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +458
    Thank you very much. No end in site as far as I know.

6. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +458
    Late into the evening, a large bomb fire on the ranch. John Ross leads camp songs playing his guitar.

Paul says to Steven out by the barns, “Thank you for inviting me, especially considering, well. It’s very beautiful here and look at all those stars.”

“Yeah, it’s something. I’m glad things worked out with your sister. And I’m sorry you had to come down here for all of this.”

“I’m just glad she left for Houston and your cousin agreed to dropping the charges. Wasn’t as bad coming down here as I thought it was going to be.”

“That’s good.”

“And I got to see the legendary Southfork ranch.”

“This is true.”

“And meet your family.”

“Also true.”

Paul leans forward and kisses Steven. “I should go. But when you’re back in Ann Arbor, let me know. I’d like to see you again. If this is ok.”

Steven kisses him, “There’s no reason you have to go so soon.” He pulls him in and kisses him passionately.

Ari approaches Kyle. “I saw you talking to Ellie Ewing. That where you’re headed with those drinks?”

“Ari. Yeah. Say looks like John Ross invited everyone that might give the old man some hassle with his company. Like I said to you before, no reason for leaving that drilling process on the shelf.”

“Well all depends if or when you want to shake things up. But listen, Ellie, two words of advise. She’s capable of handling herself. Under estimating her, well. Her father’s, you know. And her grandfather.”

“Carlos DelSol.”

“And I’m her godfather.”

“Really? That I didn’t know.”

“Marta and I were very close at one time. But not one of us need to protect that girl. We taught her how to handle herself, so just be forewarned.”

Tyler hands Ellie a drink in a corner alone by the pool. “Ari just told me he’s your godfather.”

“He is. Sofia Princess of Wallonia is my godmother. Are you impressed?”

“I suppose I am.”

“I don’t make it a habit of attempting to impress anyone, but since you brought it up. Ari has been very helpful to me.”

“In what way?”

“I don’t make it a habit of discussing the details of my personal business either.”

“Fair enough.”

“But I’ve heard your father’s put you in charge of his very diverse portfolio of companies. And your family, through associates, own a great deal of land in Russia.”

“Oh but my personal business you snoop into.”

“Don’t take it personally. I’ve done so with everyone here.”

“Your grandparents walked off with a lot of ill gotten gains. What what is it you want?”

“You’re very blunt.”

“Sure.”

Kyle considers her. “I want Burkcroft Hamilton to use the Ewing Process to bring down the price of natural gas. To destabilize Russia and topple the regime.”

Ellie smiles. “Paybacks are a bitch and America is nothing if not patient.”

“I’ve found that to be true.”

Colin walks Karin back to her cottage. She takes his hand and pulls him inside. “Yes ma’am,” he smiles a sly grin.

Howard sits at a table and says, “How would you like to be the president of Cantrell Oil? I’ve got a whole team in to help you with the particulars of the oil business. It’s basically what was Ewing Oil but I’ve got to rename it.”

“You’re a gutsy man Mr. Burkcroft.”

“Howard.”

“I’m interest, if there’s an ownership stake. Ten percent to sign up and stock options get me up to twenty-five percent in the first five years. Then we can talk from there.”

Howard laughs. “I’ll be honest. I don’t want the company. I’ll help you buy the whole thing. The methane extraction contract was sold to Burkcroft Hamilton, so you’ll have to make a go of it without it. And with enough debt to choke a horse. But it’s worth a go, don’t you think?”

“I think we can work out favorable terms.”

Early morning, the first hints of twilight. Mateo hands John Ross a tablet. The sounds of sex fills the room.

“What the hell,” Pamela says.

Mateo reach over and forward it. Burkcroft and Smith are heard talking. They talk about stalling the extraction process by setting explosions and having Congress stall Ewing Oil using the politicians they bought, they mention a few names including Vice President Tate. They talk about buying the debt of Ewing Oil. Then Burcroft says, “You’d better get this right. Chekhov killed Sechin and a dozen others that let him down. I’d hate for you to be next.”

Pamela says, “They know she recoded this?”

“According to Lockwood? No,” Mateo says. “He’s got her held safe too.”

John Ross hands him back the tablet. “I’d rather have her safe with us. Anyway this ties in our Vice President and the Russian President, but can we make hard connections?”

“Working on it. We’ve got one particularly large loan Berkshire arranged.”

“To who?”

“Logan, to finance Cantrell Oil.”

“OK.” A little grin creeps onto John Ross’s face.

“I’ve got documents, not legally obtained, but they show Chekhov’s been financing Burkcroft Hamilton for ten years.”

“So the Wizard of Windsor’s not a modern Warren Buffet after all.”

“No. With his television career and testing the waters for the White House, I’d say he’s more like. . .”

“Don’t say it.”

In the kitchen at Southfork Pamela works on making chili with the cook while talking about John Ross with Lucy who’s sitting at the counter next to Ellie. Ellie says, “Just remember he’s my father.”

Pamela says, “As long as you remember he’s my husband.”

Lucy hands Pamela a board of cut up onions. “You both better remember this is my house. Speaking of which, when are you going back to work? I’ve never seen you go without a job so long.”

“I said that to John Ross. There’s a shake up at Ewing Industries. Retirements coming up. People he’s putting in place of recreating Ewing Oil. Anyway, he offered me the job of CEO of Ewing Industries. Chairman of the board and CEO.”

“Wow. Sounds like more than full time.”

“Is. But says he needs someone to get things in order. Someone he and his brother trust.”

“Well that’s good.”

Ellie says, “You ran Ewing Oil into the ground. How’s that work for getting a promotion to run the whole thing?”

“You’re assuming we weren’t complicit in that?”

“Why would my father be complicit in loosing Ewing Oil?”

“We need another five years to be ready for the Ewing process. By then the agreement with Ewing Oil expires. In the meantime it puts Burkcroft out in the open and gets Logan in the family business to try things out on his own.”

“My father set this up? And you’re saying he knew Burkcroft would sell to Logon. How’d he know that?”

“Burkcroft has people whispering in his ear just like your father. People he thinks he can trust. Speaking of work, you ever gonna get a job?”

Ellie smirks. “God no. I’m trying to figure out why I’m in the kitchen now.”

Lucy says, “You spent your whole life watching me in the kitchen.”

“Yes like this, sitting and watching someone else cook. Since when have Ewing’s cooked?”

“My grandmother cooked.”

“Oh sure a hundred years ago.”

“It wasn’t that long ago.”

“I like to cook,” Pamela says, “And your father likes my cooking. Especially my chili. Part his grandmother’s, part your grandpa DeSol’s, part me.”

“Well as long as the two of you enjoy it on your own. You eating dinner in the kitchen?”

“By the pool.”

Ellie shakes her head.

Logan sits in front of a congressional hearing being drilled on his loans and their Russian sources, his relationship with Howard Burkcroft.

Roger Smith walks into his office in Detroit, closing the door. An explosion blows the door out.

From the street below the office exploits a second and third time raining debris down on the city streets below.

A congressman asks Logan, “After the assignation of Roger Smith and Vicktor Sechin before that, do you fear for your life, dealing with these people?”

John Ross walks into a Detroit board room with Oliver Lockwood saying he’s filling in for his father. They sit down with the rest of the board. The chairman’s seat empty. John Ross speaks up, “Since Dale isn’t going to be joining us it seems, I’d like to get started without him and nominate Kyle Reznikov as interim chairman.”

Oliver seconds the nomination. Ari calls for a vote. Just over half vote for Kyle who then says, “Fine, let’s get down to business,” while taking the seat at the head of the table.”

A man is seen through a prison hall and locked behind bars. The guard walks away. The man turns around and another man says, “Dale Ubanks.”

“Yes.”

Holding his hand to his mouth, the man blows a dart at Dale. Same goes to grab his neck where the tiny dart hits him, but before he can he falls over. The man removes the dart.

A man whispers in the congressman’s ear who’s questioning Logan.

FBI agents walk in the door to the room at the opposite end and march down the aisle. The lead agent says, “Congressman Dort?”

“Yes,” the congressman who had been questing Logan says.

“You’re under arrest for taking bribes and laundering money. You have the right to remain silent . . .”

While the Congressman is read his rights and hand cuffed another of the agents approached Lucas. “Mr. Cantrell. You’re under arrest as well. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say . . .”

In another congressional hearing room, discussing nuclear energy funding, another team of FBI agents enters. Jack says, “What the hell is going on?”

In a hotel room Ellie undresses Kyle, unbuttoning his shirt. “So you’ve got a new job.”

“Part time.”

She takes his shirt off, rubbing his muscular body.

Colin gets out of bed with Karin in her cottage, walking naked to the bathroom. “My father has a shit load of work for me tomorrow. I’ve to be up by four.”

“Well don’t wake me up.”

Calling from the bathroom, “Oh you don’t want to see me off.”

“Come back at the crack of noon and we’ll have breakfast.”

Coming out of the bathroom and sliding back into bed with her he says, “I’ll have lunch.”

“You fo that darlin’.” She leans over into him, rubbing his chest. They kiss.

Steven has dinner with Paul Scott in a cozy restaurant.

Howard eats in his grand dinning room alone, looking up and wiping his mouth with his napkin.

Over a candle lit dinner by the pool John Ross wipes his mouth with his napkin and says to Pamela, “Damn that’s hot darlin’.”

“Too much for you I can get you the kiddy version.”

“I didn’t say that. I can handle anything you got.”

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +458
    Television news anchorman says, “Dale Ubanks, Chairman and CEO of Burkcroft Hamilton was found dead in a Detroit jail cell today while awaiting bail to be set. Ubanks has been arrested in regards to the massive Russian bribery and money laundering scheme which is currently rocking Washington, D.C. Billionaire New York real estate magnet, Kyle Reznikov, has assumed the interim job of Chairman of Burkcroft Hamilton as the board searches for a new chairman. Shares of the company have been in a free fall ever since.

Global securities and commodities markets have been falling since last week’s tariffs were signed and now with news of wide spread corruption in Washington, some fear we are headed into a major recession. Six congressman and four Senators have all been arranged. Vice President Haggerty resigned as the House voted to impeach him. Some are speculating this could lead right up to the President himself.

Russian President Boris Chekhov is expect to be implicated as well tomorrow during an emergency session of the U.N. Security Council. The Russian Duma has begun the impeachment process. Chekhov has ordered the Duma to disband, but protesters on and the streets have made it clear, the Duma isn’t going anywhere. At least a dozen separatist movements are asking for world recognition.”

Pamela and Logan leave a Washington Court making their way through a crowd of reporters bombarding them with questions. They say nothing. Quickly getting into the back of a limousine, they find themselves sitting across from John Ross.

“What the hell’s he doing here?”

“He arranged your bail so we could get you to Southfork. You realize the kinda danger you’re in?”

“I didn’t do anything illegal.”

“Prisons are full of people who say the same thing.”

“I had no idea where the money came from. There was no reason for me to even assume it wasn’t above board with Burkcroft Hamilton.”

“You could have asked,” John Ross states. “You were buying my company from the guy who took it. Least you could have done was run it by me and your mother.”

“To have you shoot it down.”

“Why would I have done that? If you wanted it, you could have asked when I had it.”

“You’d have just given it to me?”

“Sure. Why not?”

“It’s a lot of money.”

“My father sold his sold so we’d have a lot of money. If there’s something you want it’s yours. Colin wants the ranch. It’s his. Steven wants an alternative energy company.”

“It’s that simple? You hand out companies? What about Jack. You hand him a congressional district?”

“Yes. Jack wants to be popular; he did that on his own. Quarterback kinda thing. He just needed campaign money.”

“And Ellie?”

“That I couldn’t do for her. Ellie wants power.”

“You couldn’t give her power?”

“No one can give you power. Real power you have to take. If that’s what you want, than you should talk to Ellie.”

“She gonna give me lessons on getting power?”

“If you’re family. What is it with you Ewing’s? You’re like a cult.”

John Ross laughs. “Tell that to Lucy. She’ll like that.”

25 years ago . . . . .

Lucy walks into the barn at Southfork where Bobby’s looking after a sick cow. “What the hell do you think you’re doing.”

“Lucy. What’s got into you?”

“Came to you to to help John Ross, not gang up on his with Christoper.”

“What are you talking about?”

“You and Sue Ellen too Ewing Global our from under him. Christopher took Elena. What the hell are you trying to do, make him into JR?”

“That’s not my doing?”

“Isn’t it? At every turn you side with Christopher against him. And how the hell you OK with him being with Elena “

“That’s their problem,”

“Really. Cause the Bobby Ewing I know would have been discussed to be sleeping with one of his brothers casts offs, he sure as hell wouldn’t be rubbing it in his face.”

“What do you want me to do?”

“Put your foot down. What would grandpa have done?”

“Mined his own business.”

“Kidded his ass over the county line,” Lucy says. “You’ve tried to destroy him. Before John Ross went off to Mexico to bring Elena back he asked Chris. He didn’t run down there and nail her hours after Chris had. That’s sick and you know it. And I know thing or two about business myself. And your siding with Chris over this methane extraction against John Ross is stupid and you know it. You need the oil money. You’re fanning this feud.”

“You don’t know what you’re talking about Lucy.”

“Don’t I? I now that John Ross is out of the way you can proceed and drain Southfork dry for yourself and Christopher. But what about John Ross.”

“This isn’t any of your business, Lucy.”

“I’m a Ewing. Of course this is my business and if you’re not man enough to bring this family together, I will, starting with getting rid of that tramp. My God age black mailed you. Dealt with criminals. Thugs. People that kidnapped Ann and Emma. You still OK with her?”

“That’s Christopher’s call not mine.”

“Well it’s mind now. I’m putting a stop to this.”

“Lucy.”

“You do know who you borrowed the money from to buy control of Ewing Global?”

“Carlos DelSol.”

“No. He just at set up the loan. You borrowed it from a trust fund set up for John Ross. You put your half of Southfork on the line. And if you don’t keep the Southfork Oil pumping you’ll loose everything to John Ross. My father gave me control of his share and I’m voting with John Ross to shut it off. You understand what that means?”

“John Ross wins the battle.”

“See that’s what wrong here. You let grandpa do this. Just as he pitted my dad and JR against each other, you’re pitting Chris and John Ross against each other.”

“Don’t underestimate me Lucy. That was JR’s mistake.”

“No. It’s you underestimating me. We’re Ewing’s. We might be right. We might be wrong but together we’re unstoppable. This bull you’re storing up makes us weak and I couldn’t stop grandpa. I even got caught up in it. But I can stop you. And I’m going to.”

Don Lockwood meets with Howard Burkcroft in the lobby of the Waldorf Astoria in New York. “You betrayed our agreement.”

“I warned you to make a deal with John Ross. You refused.”

“He’s had Burkcroft Hamilton settle with Ewing Industries over the Ewing Extraction Process. It’s back in his hands. Our friends aren’t going to be happy.”

“Not everyone agrees it’s best to hold off. There a lot of people ready to let him proceed.”

“Well they might be wrong. You need to broker a deal with him.”

“There’s no room to invite him to join the club.”

“You’d better reconsider.”

Howard leans forward. “You offering him your seat?”

John Ross, Lucas, and Colin ride horses in the wide open fields of Southfork pushing the cattle forward across a creek with several ranch hands.

Ellie sits by the pool. Logan approaches here. “So what do you do around here all day long?”

“Me personally or are you just asking in general?”

“Either.”

“Well as I’m not confined to Southfork by a court order I guess I come and go as I please.”

“Well obviously that doesn’t help me any.”

“Oh. Were you asking for help?”

“No.”

“I see. Kind of a weakness thing ha?”

“Something like that.”

“You should read the art of war. Appear weak when you are strong and strong when you are weak. Which are you right now?”

“I suppose it’s not something you can really tell someone. You have to show it.”

“I’ll tell you what, I’ll loan you my grandpa’s copy. He’s got lots of notes throughout you’ll find useful.”

“JR Ewing’s copy?”

“Yes. It’s a loan.” Ellie stands up. “After that you can read the Prince, if you haven’t already.”

“I have. Undergrad history class. I’m not

sure what I need to get out of it.”

“Nothing for you. It’s for me. Grandpa had a habit of passing in his later years, to the naive in his life. It explains the pragmatic approach real leaders have to take. I guess so people will better understand people like us and why we do what we do.” She walks with him into the house.

Don and Oliver arrive home in England, a stately manner House at the end of a long crushed coral driveway. They exit the back of a limousine and go inside. The chauffeur takes the bags from the trunk and follows them. After a few minutes house explodes.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,449
    I like the conversation between Lucy and Bobby. :)
    I guess that supposedly took place after John Ross asked Lucy to talk to Bobby on the new show...

Also it was great how you reused the whole "real power is something you take" in John Ross conversation. I recognized that dialogue as something Jock told Bobby on the orginal show. Also your own version of the whole "we may be right and we may be wrong but we're Ewings and we stick together" dialogue too that was originally said by Miss Ellie.

9. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +458
    Yes I wanted to show the Lucy was angry at Bobby because in the TNT version help with the family pulling itself apart. All that matters to her is that they stay together. I’m not sure when it occurred but done where along those lines. More to come.

Yes those are my favorite lines from the original. Poor Logan doesn’t know who he who he is or what we wants.

• Like Like x 1
  10. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +458
    John Ross sits out side on the back porch in his lamb’s skin and wool lined jacket. He sips on a bottle of whiskey. Pamela steps our side, “You OK?”

“Hell no.” He takes a big swig from a bottle of his daddy’s bourbon. “How am I suppose to protect my family. I couldn’t even protect Don and Oliver . . . . .”

Pamela sits with him quietly in the cool night on the ranch.

John Ross takes a seat at a board room table in London across from some lawyers. “The titles and the property to which they’re linked revert to the crown, but the rest of estate goes to your mother, in trust with you as the executor. He was very worried about her. But I guess you already know that.”

John Ross walks out of the office and down the hall. He calls up the elevator. It’s doors open. Burkcroft faces him. “Well look who it is.”

“John Ross.”

The two exchange places.

“I don’t know if you’re the puppet or the puppet master. But we’re gonna find out real soon.”

“It’s not a show, John Ross. It’s a league of extraordinary gentleman.”

“We’ll see how extraordinary.” The elevator doors begin to close. John Ross says, “Tell Chekhov I said hi,” and he winks at Burkcroft.

Paul reads essays in his office when a call comes in on his cell phone. “Hello . . . Of course Mr. Burkcroft. How are you? . . . I’m glad my report was helpful . . . Yes certainly. I’d love to meet. Just say when and where.”

Ellie rides in the back of a limousine with Kyle struggling to dress. “So your contacts can get at Chekhov?”

“Of course. The question is can your contacts get rid of him?”

“That’s a good question. The answer is, it depends on how close you can get them. But I’m also not convinced we want to open that vacuum just yet. It might not even matter who you plan putting in that void. Voids have a tendency to fill up with the unexpected. And when all quiets down you don’t know who you might be dealing with. Then you get the snow ball effect of this unforeseen entity.”

“Well what are you going to do. You’re only safe because people don’t see you or they’re too afraid to go after you. It’s too late for the Ewing’s to go into hiding. So what happens next will determine how afraid people are of your family.”

Lucy sits with Gary on the back porch of West Fork. “It’s such a pretty place.”

“Sure is. How’s things goin’ on Southfork, Luce?”

“Well, John Ross and Pamela are back together. She’s running the company. He and Lucas are running the ranch. Lucas is having an affair with the married girl who owns the Wade Ranch, but her husband’s off in Europe and doesn’t seem to care. Hasn’t been back in sometime. The kids are off doing their own thing, except for Colin. He’s helping with the ranch. Havin’ a bit of trouble with Logan but he’ll come around.”

“I’m sure he will. He’s lucky to have you.”

“Thank you. And Westfork?”

“Oh I’m hanging in there. Your brother and sister doing their own thing too, in D.C. most of the time.”

“Yeah with Jack and Margret. I keep working on ‘em coming to Southfork for the holidays. Momma won’t come.”

“No she wouldn’t. Too many bad memories. To many friends here to leave behind.”

“She does like it here. And you?”

“It’s home, I guess. Problem is no one’s really interested in the ranch. Bobby and I are too old to keep up around here.”

“And Christopher?”

“Oh he’s never here. He’s teaching at UCLA and travels a lot, guest speaker all over the world. Bobby doesn’t see him more than a handful of times a year. I know he really misses him. Shame really.”

“Yes it is. All that he sacrificed for him. And he can’t get Pam to Southfork either? So come the holidays we’ll have everybody but the four of you and Christoper. Even Donna ‘ill be there.”

“I’m afraid so.”

“That’s a shame. I’ve got to speak to Christopher yet.”

“I hope you pull it off Lucy. Really I do.”

“I’m so sick of this fighting. We’re Ewing’s. All this other crap shouldn’t matter. Bobby should be thrilled to see Lucas and John Ross running the ranch together.”

A television news anchor says, “Alexis Chekhov was found dead in his apartment in the Kremlin. He will be succeeded by Artamon Matveyev who has only been in office three months. Matbeyev said he intends to resort Russia to the world community and plans to seek a relationship with the EU and NATO which stabilized the European continent.”

John Ross turns from the television in his den to Kyle and says, “Looks pretty good for you.”

“And you?”

“Am already getting calls from Burkcroft’s friends congratulating me. Wanting to meet.”

“That’s one hell of a long game your father set up.”

“He began thinking about it when they’re nearly got involved in an oil deal over there.”

“OPEC is broken with plummeting demand for crude and with Ewing Oil about to dominate natural gas thanks to the Ewing Extraction Process that puts the Ewing’s in a very strong place. Your father was lucky to get control of Chris research.”

“Luck? Who do you think coaxed him in the right direction and put up all his grant funding.”

“That was JR?”

“Of course it was. Burkcroft’s only begun to deal with my father. Venezuela’s next.”

Pamela signs some papers in her office and says to the handsome man across from her, “Thank you. Putting Ewing Oil back together for Ewing Industries just got a lot easier purchasing DeLaVega Oil. I’ll be sending some people of ours to Spain to work out the details.” They shake hands. “We picked up the Cano Group and Cantrell Oil earlier in the week. I’d say we’re bigger than ever. Thank you again. I really appreciate your help in this matter.”

The Ewing’s father at Southfork in the living room before dinner, all but Logan. Steven introduces Peter. Everyone welcomes him. Karin joins Colin. Then Jolie makes an announcement, she’s filed for divorce from Alex. The family attempt to console her and John Ross says, “Now wait a minute. No one’s bothered to ask, is this what you want?”

“Yes. It’s about time I moved on. I married him way to quickly, not thinking about it, just thinking it was better for Josh, but it wasn’t. We’re not really part of each other’s lives and he’s not part of Josh’s life. It’s just time I moved on.”

“OK then. I’m happy for you. And you know we’re all heard for you. Josh ain’t gonna want for no male role model.”

Lucy says, “He and Jay play together like brothers. Speaking of such things, I spoke to Christopher today.”

“And?” John Ross asks, a hint of disapproval in his voice.”

“He said he got his first check from Ewing Gas.”

Pamela says, “Just started on a platform in the North Sea.”

“He got any other news?” John Ross asks.

“He’s taken a teaching position at Michigan. He’ll be up by you, Steven.”

“Well good for him.”

“The Paul Ogden Professor of Mechanical Engineering.”

John Ross laughs. “Wasn’t he one of your husbands?”

“Was he? I don’t recall. Anyway, he’s agreed to come visit Southfork.”

Ellie says sarcastically, “Oh goodie.”

Lucas meets with Burkcroft at the Cattleman’s Club. “I can’t help think you set me up.”

“And lost control of my own company. How about John Ross set you up. You lost your company to him. I lost the extraction process. I’m not your enemy.”

Another man takes the seat next to them with another sitting across. Burkcroft looks surprised. The man says, “I’ve been asked to relay a message. Ewing Gas has worked out a deal to share the extraction process with certain friends. So there’s no opposition anymore. This conversation ends.”

“Well you tell who ever sent you I’ll decide when it ends.”

“That really what you want me to tell your friends? Because I’ll tell you they’re pissed to learn you had a heads up on Don Lockwood and did nothing.”

“Who said that?”

“Matveyev shared a recording of you and Chekhov. It’s making the rounds as we speak.” He looks at Logan. “I’d suggest you stop doing deals with this man. It’s not safe.” The two men get up and walk out.

“What’s he talking about? I agreed to meet you because you said you had another project for me. What’s the Russian government have to do with any of this?”

“Your father’s playing a dangerous game. I don’t loose, you can tell him that.” He then tosses him a packet. “You look that over and decide real hard who’s side you’re on. Even your daddy can’t keep you from prison over that stuff.” Howard taps the package as he stands. He then walks away.

Outside the valet holds the back door to his car open. He looks at a man in a suite next to the car. The man nods. Howard says, “Thank you,” and gets in. The valet closes the door. The chauffeur returns to the driver’s seat. The man who singled Howard gets in the car behind. Logan walks out. The limousine explodes sending Logan flying against the outside wall of the restaurant.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,449
    Great conversation with Gary and Lucy. Funny thing though it took me a long good while to get that he was referring to his brother and not his son when he said "Bobby and I are getting too old to work the ranch" :lol:
    Might be because I am watching Knots Landing right now that I am connecting it like that.

So you brought Don back just to kill him off and leave the inheritance to Sue Ellen.
    Gotta say your story with all the plot twists does remind me of Dallas TNT in style...

12. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +458
    Oh that’s funny. I try and avoid naming her siblings. I don’t know why.

That’s intentional, trying to move it along quick with a high death toll but stay true to Dallas. I think they could have made it work with that fast pace, modern twists and turns, if only they’d attempted to stay true to Dallas. They didn’t even seem to like Dallas.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,449
    Actually IMHO the fast pacing of Dallas TNT was a part of the problem. Because when too much happens to a character it becomes so unrealistic that I shut down emotionally. I stop getting emotionally invested in the character and I stop caring. Watching Dallas TNT I felt distant from the characters that I had known and loved for years. :(
    So I would have prefered it if they had dealt with the plots instead of keep twisting in new stuff all the time. Like for instance after JR died it would have been interesting enough to have the family focus on that grief like they did after Jock died instead of trying to spin the mystery of who had killed him in the same episode that they killed him and then in the next end it with that big oil rig explosion and then PamBecca losing the babies. It all moved too fast for me. I prefer traditional storytelling with a proper build up to the plot and then a pay off. But maybe that is just me.

Then as for this story just keep doing it the way you like, you have an audience here that seems to like what you are doing even if they aren't commenting much.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +458
    The Ewing’s run into emergency room of the hospital. A waiting security guard takes John Ross back. He tells everyone to wait. Pamela follows.

Lucy says to the rest of the family, “What the hell was he doing meeting with Howard Burkcroft?”

“He’s an idiot,” Jack says.

“Watch your mouth.”

John Ross and Pamela enter the room. Jack is bloody and bruised. Pamela rushes to him. He can’t talk. She tells him she loves him and it’ll be alright.

John Ross looks at Mateo who’s standing to the side. “They’re prepping for surgery.”

John Ross hold Logan’s hand. “I love you son. It don’t matter what went on. I love you. You hear me?” Logan nods. “I don’t give a shit about what that man handed you. I love you because you’re mine. You got that. You can try and kill me boy and that don’t change a thing. You go in there to come out. You understand me. You fight.” Tears swell up in his eyes. “You fight for me and your momma.”

The hospital staff comes in to wheel him away.

Mateo says, “Burkcroft’s dead.”

“Good.” He holds Pamela who cries in his arms.

The family gathers around Logan’s bed watching him as he sleeps. A breathing tube down his throat. The irregular beep of the heart monitor. Ellie sits in a chair next to him, holding his hand. Lucy sits on the other side, holding is other hand. John Ross holds Pamela as she struggles to breath, jumping with each momentary flat line. Jack stands with Amy. Lucas with Jolie. Colin with Karin. Steve stands alone. John Ross pulls him in and Pamela holds him tight. The heart monitor flat lines and Pamela dives for her son. “Nooooooooooo!” The heart monitor continues flat.

The Ewing’s gather at the grave site to watch the casket lowered into the ground next to JR’s. John Ross helps Pamela to the car. She appear catatonic.

Inside Southfork John Ross walks Pamela upstairs.

In their room Sue Ellen pulls down the bedding. John Ross helps Pamela undress. They help her into bed. John Ross says he’s going to stay with her.

Mateo looks down at Logan opening his eyes, laying in the hospital bed, still hooked up to machines. He says, “Let me go and get your mom and dad.”

Chris walks up from the driveway at Southfork. John Ross and Pamela greet him. He hugs her. “I’m so sorry Pamela.” He holds her for sometime.

Eventually letting go she says, “Thank you. Six months. I can’t believe it’s been six months.

“I should have come to the funeral. I debated it. I just didn’t want to make things worse.”

“It’s fine. I don’t really remember it.”

“No I suppose not.”

“Well I’m glad you came.”

“Yes welcome.” John Ross offers his hand.

The two shake. “I came with something I needed to tell you.”

“Go ahead.”

“Elena gets out later this week. She’s moving to Michigan with me. We’re going to get married.”

“Really. Congratulations.” Pamela hugs him again. “Oh. Jack. I don’t know if he’d be OK with her here.”

“She does want to see him.”

Pamela says, “Of course but that’s up to him.”

“She’s wrote to him. His secretary sends the same response every time. He won’t see her. She wouldn’t come here anyway.”

“You’re welcome anytime,” John Ross says. “And of course Elena too, but not while Jack is here.”

“I have a feeling it’ll just be me, regardless. She’s not gonna wanta come here.”

“Nor Aunt Pam or Aunt Val. But at least you know you’re welcome.”

“Thank you.”

Lucas and Jolie horseback ride across the wide open prairie on Southfork.

They picnic by a stream on a checkered blanket.

“How’s Colin been doin’”

“Pretty good actually. He talks about Logan a lot. But he’s doing really good. Karin’s been there for him.”

“We’ve got a DOA meeting tomorrow, at the house. She’s been keeping us all informed. I just thought maybe there’s something he’s said different around you guys.”

“No, I don’t think so. Why?”

“We’re just all worried about him. He and his Pamela seem to be suppressing their emotions.”

“It’s nice of you to care, but you’ve got to let them coup on their own way.”

“I suppose you’re right.” She leans over and kisses him.

In her apartment in Dallas Ellie sits on the sofa when Kyle walks in. “Took you long enough.”

He laughs it off. Takes off his jacket and tie, bringing to unbutton his shirt.

Ellie says make us a drink first.

“Alright. What’ll it be?”

As he walks by her she stands, says, “Surprise me,” and spanks his ass hard.

He jumps, “Shit Ellie.”

She does it again. “Why don’t you try thank you?” She spanks him a third time.

Turning around at the bar he grins at her. “Cut it out.”

She grabs his ball and squeezes tight. He tenses up, moans in agony, stand on his top does. She says, “If you’ve come her to nail me against the wall you might as well walk right out of here. But if you’re here to let me do what every I want to you, then get on your knees.” She let’s go oh him.

He hesitates, studies her and gets on his knees.

“That’s good. I’m sorry I’m more submissive, but that’s not what you want, otherwise you would be here.” She rips open his shirt and pulls it off of him. She rubs his hard chest. “I bet you’d . . .” and the rest she whispers in his ear. He turns red. She continues rubbing on him, down to his abs as she leans over. “Say please.”

“Please.”

“You’re so cute.”

In her bed, out of breath, Jack rolls off Damae. Out of breath she says, “So when are you going to give me the rest of that story?”

“I told you I’m not. And if you keep digging, you’re gonna get hurt. What I need you to focus on is the President’s aid package to the Congo following brokering peace there. I need this through Congress now. Michael Burkcroft announced a cobalt deal that secures American access to the mineral and potential control of the market. But that requires this aid package getting through. I gave you the five congressmen I need out of my way.”

“My boss is getting leery of my sources.”

“His ratings are way up. What’s his problem? Everything pans out. You get those five out of my way and we’re golden.”

“That’s just it. He’s suspicious I’m targeting people to get causes passed, which you are. He wants to devote more time to the rebellions in China.”

“That’s the last thing the US needs to worry about right now.”

“My boss disagrees. He’s running a piece about all the modernized Soviet era weapons that have ended up in the hands of rebels.”

“Then maybe it’s time you shop around for a outlet that will appreciate what you have to offer. Like I’ve said before, there’s a lot of money to be made off what I can offer you.”

Amy watches Petrio walk across the room naked. “Hurry back. I don’t have much time left. I’ve got a dinner party to get ready for.”

Yelling back from the bathroom, “I don’t get you and your husband. You obviously there’s something missing. You keep coming back here. Is this just a business arrangement between the two of you?”

“What do you need me to say, that I need you and want desperately to leave my husband but I’m stuck on a loveless marriage?”

“I don’t know what I need to hear, it’s just not right.”

“Oh and your the arbiter of what’s right. You’re a very good looking man. I love touching you and kissing you. I love you inside me. If you need more than that you’ll need to find someone else. I’m not trying to keep you from finding the love of your life. Just let me know’s all I ask.”

Pamela walks out of her office with an older gentlemen and runs into John Ross. “Darling, this is Michael Burkcroft. He’s taking over running the morning investments of Burkcroft Hamilton. My husband was on the board for a short while. A dear friend, Mateo Ramos replaced him.”

“Hello Mr. Burkcroft. You’re Howard’s brother. My sympathies on his passing.” They walk and talk.

“Thank you and mine as well regarding the passing of your son. I was just telling your wife how rebatable it is to see her back to work so soon.”

“She is a strong woman.”

“Michael is interested in some mining equipment Wentworth Heavy Industries sells and maybe a partner on a site in the Congo.”

“That’s an unstable area,” John Ross brings up.

Michael says, “Hence the need for partner.”

“I hear you’ve got Paul Scott working for you.”

“I’ve hired him on as a contractor. Help us understand the environment we’re getting into.”

Well best of luck. I’m sure you’ll work something out with Pamela.”

The doors to the elevator close. Pamela turns to him, “How’d you know he was here?”

“I know everything.”

She laughs, hugs and then kisses him.

Ellie sits in her Dallas apartment with Erik, cuddling on the sofa. “I’m just saying it’ll help me with a deal I’m working on. He’s got a great deal of land inside Russia with valuable resources. But I want to start with the Congo. He’s got a hold of a mine that I want.” She gets up and pours three drinks. “Just consider it a favor. I never forget a person who does me a favor.”

Kyle steps off the elevator into the room.

Ellie approaches him with a drink. “Now let’s not talk business. The lawyers are arguing out the deal. Come in. Kyle, this is Erik. Erik, Kyle.” Ellie rubs Erik’s chest. “Say hi to Kyle.”

Erik approaches Kyle. He says, “Hi.” He hugs him. He looks at him in the face. He kisses him passionately on the mouth.”

In a DC restaurant Amy walks out with her group talking ending third world hunger when a young man approaches, “That’s something I wouldn’t mind contributing to. Hello I’m Roger Burkcroft.”

“Mr. Burkcroft. Do we know each other?”

“Roger. Please. And no not really. Your in laws knew my uncle, Howard Burkcroft. I run the Howard Burkcroft Foundation.”

“I see.”

Jolie goes to cuddle with Lucas on the sofa when he moves and she falls over. He helps her up. They giggle. He gets down one knee. Jolie covers her face. “Will you marry me Jolie. And make me the happiness man in the world?”

“Oh my god Lucas.”

“I loved you from the moment I first saw you. And I’ve waited for you, longer than I’ve wIred for anything. Please Jolie. Please say yes.”

“Oh my god. Yes Lucas. Yes. Yes.” She drops onto her knees with him and they hug.”

15. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +458
    [​IMG]
    Michael Burcroft

[​IMG]
    Roger Burcroft

16. ilovesoaps100

ilovesoaps100 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6
    That was good story , but was sad

17. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,449
    I'm a bit confused. Logan died right?

Because in one scene he flatlines, in the next there is a funeral and after that he opens his eyes and look at Mateo. :confused:

18. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +458
    Thank you. The Ewing’s were suppose to go through hell - the beginning of what’s to become a Ewing Burkcroft feud.

19. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +458
    Well that’s what I thought they should have done with Bobby. Flatline him but then secretly put him in a coma with only Miss Ellie and JR to know - or at least explain that as why he came back from the dead instead of the whole dream thing. So, I put it in here. Logan died or did he?

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +458
    The Ewing’s gather in the living room before diner, John Ross passing out drinks.

Ellie says to Pamela, “After diner I’ll talk to you about Michael Burcroft visiting you,” and then walks away.

Lucy brings up the idea of a rodeo on the ranch. Everyone’s very happy to hear her bring it up.

Ellie approaches Paul, “I hear you’ve got a job for Michael Burkcroft. We’ll talk after dinner.” She walks away and Steven and Peter look at each other, puzzled.

Jay rubs up to his mom and dad walking into the room. Lucy assured them he’s been an angel. Jack mentions working in the district for the week.

Karin walks in with Colin next, then Jolie and Lucas with Josh. The two little boys are taken by their nanny. Lucas gets everyone’s attention and announced he and Jolie are getting married. Congratulations go all around. Lucy offers up Southfork.

John Ross gets everyone’s attention. “Jock Ewing had four boys. We haven’t done so bad keeping everyone together here. My daddy did work pretty hard to claim it all for himself. And I might not get my brother Beau here often as I’d like but this is our home. Just like it’s Uncle Gary’s home, with Lucy here, even if your brother and sister don’t show up but once in a while. And Uncle Ray and Lucas and Margret. Even Chis has visited us . . .”

“Finally,” Lucy adds.

“Finally. And maybe one day Uncle Bobby will too. So, this toast is to Southfork. The home of the Ewing Boys.”

“To Southfork,” Everyone says.

“And to Lucas and Jolie.”

“To Lucas and Jolie,” Everyone cheers

“So Luce, you’ll have to put the rodeo on hold. You’ve got a Southfork wedding to plan.”

“You sure she wants a Southfork wedding?”

“That curse has run its course. Pamela and I been married over twenty years.”

“Over?” Pamela says. “You don’t remember how many years we’ve been married?”

“Do you?”

Pamela stumbles over figuring it out. Everyone laughs.

Ellie walks into her apartment, the city lights outside her window. She’s startled to see Kyle. “How the hell did you get in here?”

“What do you mean? Aren’t you happy to see me?”

“No. If I want to see you, I’ll call for you.”

“Oh come on sugar. Come sit with me.”

“Don’t call be sugar. You need to leave. Now.”

“You said you wanted to buy into RCP.”

“I said I wanted Ewing Industries to buy Chekhov’s share.”

“I think I can make those arrangements.”

“Good. See Pamela. No go.”

“Why go? Didn’t we have fun the other day?”

Security walks in. “See him out.”

“Damn you’re hot. Why don’t we have them join us.”

Ellie stands up to him. “Get control of yourself before I find you to be a liability.”

Security take ahold of his arms and walks him out while he jokingly protests bring “denied the pleasure of his company.”

Pamela sits around a board table with Michael, Roger, Peter and Steven. “Steven here is in charge of Ewing Alternative. He’s working on a PhD in Nuclear Engineering. So he’ll be very interested in your uranium mine. You know Peter, I’m told. I think I’d like to know more about Billcore before Ewing Industries invests. You work with the two of them and we’ll see what we can do. I’ll talk to Mateo as our liaison with the Burkcroft Hamilton board.”

Michael says, “What I want is to buy the company from the Burkcroft Board and partner with Ewing Industries on several projects, not partner in Billcore.”

“Burkcroft own about thirty-six percent of Billcore. You think you can arrange that kind of financing?”

“I’m working on it.”

“Right.” Pamela hands him a thick envelope and says, “Those are checks from everyone of us for your senate campaign.” She then hands Michael a thin envelope. “This is from our LLC to your PAC. We look forward to hearing some good things.”

Jolie and Lucy sit out by the pool planning the wedding.

Mateo walks into the barns where John Ross, Lucas and Colin works with a sick calf. John Ross leaves with Mateo. Off to the side Mateo says, “Roger Smith was Roger Burkcroft’s godfather. He and Michael were best friends.”

“So Michael’s just dropped any grudge against my family for the death of his brother, his best friend, for taking control of Burkcroft Hamilton?”

“Unlikely.”

Colin stands over the calf suddenly still. Lucas says, “You ok?”

“Um, yeah. I just, ah, think about Logan now and again. Everyone but Ellie acts like he never existed.”

“Ellie?”

“She asked to put Ewing in his marker. And she asks about him all the time. Just little things she wants to know about. His favorite color. You know. And seeing how I’m doing.”

“She’s always been different. I’m sure everyone’s grieving in their own way. Jack and Steven didn’t really know him.”

“But my mother?”

“Sometimes diving into work helps. How are you and Karin?”

“Good I guess.”

In a Dallas hotel room Karin and Roger go at it, ripping off each other’s clothes.

Walking up to the house from the driveway Pamela runs into Steven walking up from the helicopter. He says, “I really want to thank you for meeting with Paul.”

“Of course. There’s no on better to do the assessment, but Michael contacted him first.”

“Do you trust him?”

“Michael? No. It took me a long time to get here, but there’s only one person in this world I trust and that’s your father. No offense.”

“No I get it. I do trust you though. Because dad says I can. He doesn’t say that about many people.”

“You can Steven.”

“How are you doing with Logan?”

“I’ve got your father at night. I couldn’t make it without him.”

“If he’s not around sometime and you need someone.”

“Thank you. Thank you so very much.” Pamela hugs Steven.

Ellie sits on a private plan with Jack and Amy. “RCP is making a bid for the same property in the Congo as Billcore.”

Amy says, “I don’t understand. Isn’t this a win for Ewing Industries either way it turns out? The company is invested in RCP, you’re saying, and in Billcore through Burkcroft Hamilton.”

“Yes in a sense, but Michael Burkcroft is heading up Billcore and theirs talk he’s investigating ripping apart. Burkcroft Hamilton to get his hands on Billcore free of the Ewing’s.”

Jack says, “That’s got to be a cash windfall for Ewing Industries, and our friends.”

“Yes but . . .”

Any say, “And how much control does Ewing Industries exert over RCP as a Russian American company?”

“Considerable.”

Jack says, “I hear your friend Kyle isn’t stable.”

In the back of a limousine John Ross and Pamela face Colin. His father says, “I’m sorry we didn’t show you this earlier but your brother was dealing with some very dangerous people and we didn’t know what to do.”

John Ross, Pamela and Colin walk into a room and face Login struggling to walks using parallel bars.

• Like Like x 1

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 5)