Dallas in the Way Future

Discussion in 'Dallas Writers Room' started by stevew, Jan 21, 2018.

1. stevew

stevew Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +458
    Ellie brushes her horse talking to Erik. “I’m sorry for what I put you through with Kyle. I honestly thought I could handle him.”

“Yeah well apparently I’m the only one you can control.”

“Not the only one. And Kyle has been handled. He won’t be around anymore.”

“What would you want to control a sick freak like that for anyway?”

“He had something some friends wanted.”

“Well I hope you got it for them.”

“Yes. Yes I did. Listen. I have another assignment for you. You remember Karin?”

“Sure. Lived up by the house. Colin was seeing her.”

“That’s the one. I need you to charm her. She’s gonna need someone to help her out. Especially as her married Senator is going to stay far away from her.”

“Just befriend her.”

“For now. Once the baby’s born I’m going to need you to drag her down a path that’ll prove she’s an unfit mother.”

“Why?”

“Because that child might be a Ewing.”

“I see.”

A tall, muscular, dirty blonde man in his late thirties wakes up naked in a bed, groggy, he comes to realize he’s covered in blood. He looks around, the bedroom is trashed, covered in blood. Five other naked young body’s broken up and toss around the room.

In the early morning hours in his study John Ross says, “See this is why I don’t like Ewing’s living off Southfork.”

Pamela says, “Not everyone wants to live here.”

“Tough. They’re safe here. So no idea where he’s at?”

Mateo says, “None. We’re working on it.”

“Damn it!” John Ross pounds his fist on the desk.

Michael Burcroft walks into a stream filled bathroom and opens the shower door. The man who had been covered in blood in bed turns around wet and lathered up. Michael says, “It’ll be taken care of. I’ve got a crew coming over to ripe the room right down to the studs. They’ll be no trace of what happened.”

“But I don’t know what happened.”

“What ever you and your friends took was over the top.”

“I don’t even know who they are.”

“I’m surprised you made it out of this alive. Theres a doctor on his way over to check you out. Well Bo, good thing your brother, John Ross, assigned me to you.”

In a high rise office, Jeremy says to Alex, “I’ll run Bruges but I don’t trust Michael sitting on my shoulder. That’s why I need to know I can count on you.”

“Of course.”

“I’ve got a meeting with Hugh Tryon today about a significant investment.”

“Who’s that?”

“We’ll find out. But I was asked to keep Michael out of the loop and I’m expecting the same of you.”

Alex says, “Michael seems to think the Ewing’s are out to get him. He’s pimped out his own son and now the media’s having a field day with it. The married senator and now the Ewing heir as possible fathers to Karin Lee’s baby. No, I don’t trust him either.”

“I don’t think we’re suppose to. When he says he’ll do what it takes to get into Ewing Industries. Even if he gets a piece of the company, we can’t afford it. The three of us can’t buy into that company in any significant way. Our family fortunes have been significantly cut by the Ewing’s.”

“I don’t trust any of them.”

With Michael, Bo watches a horror video of screams and murder while sitting on a private plane. Bo slams down the screen of the laptop. “What do they want?”

“They’re not getting it, which is why we’re on the move.”

“What is it?”

“Twenty percent Ewing Industries.”

“Oh my god.”

Michael sat, “You killed those people, Bo.”

“I don’t even remember it. There must have been something in the weed.”

“Call it what you will. That doesn’t look good to me.”

“I need to talk to John Ross. I can’t just give someone that much money can I?”

“No. They’re offering to buy it. At a reasonable price of course.”

“I have to talk to John Ross.”

The Ewing’s begin gathering in the living room before diner, including Jay and Josh.

Ellie sits next to Steven on the sofa, “And how are you and Paul doing?”

“Me and Paul? There’s no me and Paul.”

“I thought you were interested in seeing him again?”

“It’s a lot more complicated than that.”

“Of Steven. You make it more complicated.”

Lucy sits with them and looks right at Ellie. “Speaking of such, when are you going to find a significant other?”

“When I find a man that can live up to my daddy."

“I use to think that about my grandpa. But believe me, your father’s not all that either. We build them up in our mind. They’re men just like anyone else. I can tell you stories about your daddy growing up, a awakened nerdy little guy.”

“How many times have you been married?” Ellie asks.

“Good point.”

Pamela says, “The only thing more difficult than a Ewing man to living with is a Ewing woman.”

John Ross adds, “Good thing there aren’t many of ‘em.”

“And I started it all. There weren’t any before me. Then came my sister. Then Margret.”

“Then me,” Ellie says with a satisfied grin.

Paul walks out of a late evening class on a university campus and runs into Petrio. Petrio says, “I didn’t know you were teaching here. Last I heard you working for Ewing Industries.”

“Still am. It’s just one course. And you?”

“Tenure track.”

“Well good for you. Looking to settle down in Dallas than?”

“I don’t know. Depends on what I find.”

Jack says at Damae, “My father expects me to deal with you over exposing Colin.”

In her bedroom she undresses. “But you . . .”

“Don’t ever think that. My family gets wind I did anything to hurt Colin and . . . “ Jack puts his right hand around her throat and squeezes. She lifts up to her top toes, completely naked. “I’ll kill you.”

John Ross walks out to the barn and asks Erick if he’s seen Colin.

“Colin? He said good bye. He said he was leaving Southfork. I assumed you knew.”

“What? Leaving? Why? Where to? For how long?

“I don’t know but he said for good.”

2. ilovesoaps100

ilovesoaps100 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Is story continuing

• Like Like x 1
  3. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +458
    Sorry. Yes it needs to. Just got caught up here. Lots going on. Too much. This weekend. Promise. Thank you so much.

4. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +458
    John Ross oversees some work done on the apartment above a barn when Pamela approaches. “Ellie’s moving into the cottage Karin moved out of,” John Ross says. “And Steven is moving in here. And Jack and Amy will still be in the house when they’re home but it’s all when they’re home. At least Lucy’s still here most of the time.”

“Jolie said she and Lucas and Josh were moving into his dads old place on the ranch. So why so glum?”

“The house will seem empty.”

“You know most people don’t keep living with there parents as they get older.”

“Ewing’s do. There’s an old hunting lodge all fixed up for Margret. Can’t get her to move to Dallas.”

“And Lucy’s brother and sister. She’s been trying for years to get them here. She’s finally got them budging.”

“Only occasionally again. She remodeling the old Henderson place for them. They should all be here, Gathering for dinner every night.”

“Well first of all, the house isn’t big enough.”

“I can easily add on to the dinning room. And I was thinking, we don’t need the garage; no one parks in it anyway. Replace the bay doors with windows. Turn it into a family room. Or I could even add on off the back and make a bigger room. Thirty by forty or bigger.”

“The house is just fine the way it is.”

“I suppose. But if I took off the dormers and went above the garage we could add more bedrooms.”

“People grow up and want their own space.”

“They shouldn’t.”

“I noticed you didn’t mention Colin, Lucas or Bo? You OK?”

“Colin’s cottage is staying just as it is. He’ll be back. And Lucas has a room in the house.”

“And Bo?”

“He’s my brother. I’ll do what I have to, to get him back home.”

TV news report, “Senator Burkcroft of Michigan was found dead in his townhouse today. While no official report of what happened has been released, his housekeeper is speaking out about finding him in his car in his garage having died of affixation.

His father, billionaire Michael Burkcroft is claiming he was murdered, talking to the press about a supposed conspiracy involving the Ewing family, questions over the paternity of her unborn child and Senator Burkcroft’s bill to replace gas furnaces with geothermal and solar dramatically cutting into the Ewing family’s massive fortune tied to natural gas.

Michael Burcroft also announced that he purchased twenty percent of Ewing Industries from Bo Ewing. The Ewing family is fighting the sale under the the terms of a family trust fund. Bo Ewing could not be reached for comment.

In a bright, sunny Dallas restaurant Lucy sits with Karin. “Let’s cut to the chase. We know the baby’s Colin’s.”

“How can you know that?”

“You don’t believe we’re capable of getting our hands on your test results?”

“No I suppose I’d believe you’re family is capable of anything.”

Lucy hands Karin her phone, playing a video. She watches Roger tell his father, Michael, the baby’s Colin’s and the Michael tells his son to kill Karin as soon as the baby’s born. Roger says, “Yes sir.” Karin’s face goes white. She looks around to see if anyone heard.

Lucy says, “You’re in danger Karin, and that means so is your baby.”

Karin is speechless.

“There’s a car outside waiting for you. You’ll be fine. It’ll take you done place nice and safe so you can have your baby.”

Still speechless.

“You don’t believe John Ross would hurt you, do you?”

“No.”

“He will do what it takes to protect you. Now get up and walk outside. Nothings going to happen to you. Trust us.”

Karin stands. Then suddenly everyone in the room stands and along with the staff they empty the room.

Michael gets off the elevator into his penthouse with two body guards. They are both shot with silencers and Michael faces Mateo. “How mean people have to die between you and the Ewing’s before you hand over Bo?”

“How’d you get in here?”

He turns on the TV showing a scared and blindfolded woman tied to a chair and a gun pointed at her. “Do you want to keep asking questions?”

“I’ve been nice to the Ewing’s so far. But at some point you’ll find out what I’m capable of. Do what you have to. You won’t break me.

“We already know. We just needed her to know.”

The girl stands from the chair and looks at the camera. “Thanks dad. f*** you too.”

Mateo turns off the TV.

Damae hides in the shadows watching Mateo leave a Dallas high rise building. She takes pictures with a telescoped lens.

Karin sits on a plane with Erick saying she’s never been to Australia.

Peterio and Paul sleep together.

Jeremy Wendell walks into his apartment to find Ellie waiting for him. “Drink?” She asks.

“What the hell are you doing here?”

“We need to talk, I mean as Jolie’s brother you’re practical family. Right?”

• Like Like x 1
  5. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +458
    A limousine arrives at the Cattle Barron’s Ball. The Ewing’s step out. Reporters mob Jack and Amy. “Will you be sponsoring the Burkcroft Bill in the House, Congressman Ewing?” “Mrs. Ewing, as head of the Greenbrier Initiative, shouldn’t you be supporting the Burkcroft Bill?”

Ellie and Steven step out next. Steven’s asked, “As Chief Technical Officer of Ewing Alternative, do you support the Burkcroft Bill?”

Finally John Ross and Pamela step out. “Mrs. Ewing, what will the Burkcroft Bill do to the bottom line of Ewing Industries?” “What about Michael Burcroft owning twenty percent of Ewing Industries, how’s your court case proceeding?” “Any comment to the opening up of Senator Burkcroft’s death as a homicide investigation?”

Inside by the Ewing table, Pamela asks Lucy how she got through the press assault. Lucy says, “Mitch and I took a helicopter in.”

Jolie steps up and says, “All anyone is talking about is whether or not we conspired to murder Roger Burcroft.”

Lucy laughs, “The Ewing’s have always been the center of gossip.”

John Ross orders two drinks at the bar. Jermey steps up. “You’re all the buzz around here.”

“Jolie says her and Lucas are sitting at your table.”

“Yes. And some cousins of mine. They’re Wendell’s for the night.”

John Ross gives him a look which says ‘never.’

Coming out of the bathroom Steven Runs into Alex. Alex hugs him and says, “I hoped I’d run into you tonight. How have you been?”

“I’m fine. You’re still in Dallas?”

“For a little while longer. We’ll see what happens. Hey did you hear, your friend Paul is seeing Peterio?”

“What? No. “

“Funny how things work out.”

Amy says to Jack, “I say that Winger girl with the rest of the gutter press.”

“She’s just doing her job.”

“Which should be deflecting negative press from the family.”

“I’ve got her under control.”

“That I doubt Jack. You really want to impress your father. Find Bo and bring him to Southfork.”

John Ross gathers with Mateo, Paul and Pamela in his study in morning at Southfork discussing business. “What’s the update on Bo?”

Mateo says, “Nothing. Cold lead.”

Pamela says, “The courts have held off from Michael riffling through our books. He does stand a chance to make his case. The trust is set up where you and Bo share the benefits but you manage it. This isn’t going to be an issue so as soon as he looses what reason would Michael have for holding onto Bo?”

“He’s waiting for me to make the deal good.”

Michael Burkcroft walks into the offices of Ewing Industries and Pamela introduces him to her team which will answer any questions he has. Mateo watches over things.

Ellie walks down out of a private plan holding Bo’s arm. On the tarmac John Ross hugs his brother and welcomes him home.

• Like Like x 1
  6. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +458
    [​IMG]
    Maddox, Ranch Hand

[​IMG]
    Kelly Wendell (Jolie and Jeremy’s cousin)

7. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,448
    Thanks for the update. :)

I loved it how John Ross was complaining that almost all the kids had moved out of Southfork. He sounded like his grandma!

Cool also with the Cattle Baron's Ball. :)

:rlol: This gotta be the best line tonight. :)
    I can totally picture Lucy doing that.

8. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +458
    Thank you. Yeah there’s got to be a lot of Miss Ellie in him.

Glad you like it. Lucy’s one of a kind.

• Like Like x 1
  9. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +458
    I though in the tnt version they missed that with John Ross trying to make him just like jr but worse and with Christopher they already had an actor that played jerks - why not run with it? As for Lucy - another great miss in being able to have an older character and actress that could have been more than a ghost on and off the show, or a stooly to help Bobby. Just all wrong feel for the show.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +458
    The family welcomes Bo home to Southfork our by the pool.

The FBI enters the offices of Bruges meeting with Jeremy, handing him a search warrant and going through everything the office, collecting files and computers.

The FBI enters Burkcroft’s home with search warrants tears it apart in search of something.

Alex Cavendish climbs up into a private plane. The FBI stops him.

Lucas and John Ross bring two platters of stakes to the table outside. The family sits down passing dishes. John Ross sits at the head of the table, than Ellie and Jack, Jay and Amy, Lucy and Lucas, Bo and Jolie, Steven and Josh, with Pamela at the other end.

Michael Burcroft is attested and removed from his house in handcuffs.

The Ewing’s gather around a bomb-fire singing songs, John Ross playing the guitar.

Elle walks to the barn to find a ranch hand in just his jeans and a Stetson, nursing a bottle of Jack Daniels, looking up at the stars. “Maddox.”

“Miss Ellie. Sorry. I didn’t expect anyone out here so late.” He stands and hurry’s to put on his shirt.

“No. No. Leave that off. You’re very nice to look at.”

He blushes. “Thank you miss.”

“It is hot out tonight.”

“Yes it is miss.”

Alex’s plane is left by the FBI to taxi down the tarmac and fly away.

Petrio and Paul have a romantic dinner together over candle light in a fine restaurant. Paul laughs, “So how’d you get back to your room?”

“We walked.”

“Buck naked?”

“Didn’t have much choice did we?”

“I’d have been mortified.”

“Oh come on Paul you’ve got the body for it.”

“I don’t know about that.

Early in the morning John Ross meets with Paul, Pamela and Mateo about Michael’s arrest and his shares in Ewing Industries.

Outside. Bo walks to the pool to see a beautiful brunette in a bikini walking out of the pool. “Hello,” she says. “I’m guessing you’re Bo Ewing.”

“Yes and you’re?”

“Kelly Wendell. Jolie’s younger sister.”

“Oh I see. You seem all grown up to me.”

“I assure I am.”

“How about you prove it.”

In the hayloft of one of the barns Bo and Kelly strip naked.

Lucy walks into an interrogation room where Michael sits. “I’m going to give you an option out of your mess. I’ll buy your shares in Ewing Industries.”

“That won’t make this witch hunt go away.”

“No, but it’ll give you the cash you need to fight it.”

“I’ll take my chances.”

Lucy put on the table in front of him a contract and a check. “You’ll sign.”

Smiling, Michael says, “If your cousin, destroying my family, couldn’t get at me what makes you think you can?”

Lucy hands him a flash drive. “I’m told this turns your witch hunt into an execution.” He takes it. “You’ll make all this go away and then run for Governor. In a few years you’ll run for President. Just keep in mind, that’s a copy, and you and I will get along famously.”

Kelly steps into the stables where John Ross grooms one of his horses wearing the tights riding birches and tod’s imaginable. “Nice place you have here.”

“Thank you.”

“I’m not sure how long I should stay with my sister. I mean she’s fine and all and I don’t mind looking at Lucas all day but a girl has to find something permanent.”

“No offense but you don’t strike me as the permanent type.”

Kelly giggles. “What are you suggesting?”

“Let me be very clear to you. The cemeteries around Dallas are filled with people who tried to interfere with this family. My grandmother was an ace shot. My mother’s sister ended up in her pool fave down. The woman who gave birth to my first child while I was married to Pamela, years in prison, maybe that wants so bad off.”

“I’m not worried Mr. Ewing.”

“Well see there, some people just aren’t smart enough to know when to be scared so let me help you out. Nows the time.”

From behind Mateo says come with me Ms. Wendell.

As the Ewing’s gather before diner Jolie says, “She’s my sister. What am I suppose to do with her?”

Lucas says, “I’m no help there. Margret and Charlie are nothing like your sister.”

“Where is she now?” Pamela asks.

“Out is all she said.”

Jack and Amy come in with a big commotion welcoming his “Uncle Bo!”

“Jack.”

The two embrace. Jack says, “I hope you’re not going anywhere soon.”

“No. I’ll be around awhile.”

Steven comes in next. “Uncle Bo.”

Lucy and John Ross watch the family with a pleased look.

Jeremy Wendell finally leaves the office late, going down to the parking garage where he gets into the back of a limousine. He’s started to find himself facing Michael Burkcroft. “What are you doing here?”

“Nice of you to worry about me. My lawyers have everything under control.” Michael pours himself a drink.

“I bet. I hear you sold your share in Ewing Industries pretty quick to Lucy Ewing.”

“I heard you’ve entered some deals between Burges and the Ewing’s.”

“I don’t have any problem working out a deal where we both benefit. Mining can be expensive. Helps to have someone to share with.”

“I want in.”

Peterio comes to bed and slides in next to Paul. The two kiss. “You’re up late. Don’t you still have a meeting at five a.m. at Southfork?”

Paul says, “I was waiting for you.”

“How sweet.” The two kiss again.

“I was thinking. On your next break. What about going away somewhere?”

“Taking a trio together? Oh sure. Sounds great. Where should we go?”

“I don’t know. Any place you’d like you haven’t been?”

“Bermuda.”

“You haven’t been to Bermuda?”

“Nope.”

“Well me neither. Now that you mention it. Ok Bermuda it is.”

“Unless you have some place else in mind.”

“No not at all.” Paul leans over and kisses Peterio again. “I’ll make the arrangements.”

“Sounds good.”

“Anyway. I have a barbecue coming up at Southfork. I know you might not want to come with me but . . . “

“No of course Peter. I’d love to come with you. I know there’s a history with you and Steven and I’m not jealous so I if don’t want me to come.”

“No its not that. It’s just awkward,”.

“Listen Peter. I’ve never committed myself to anyone. I’ve never found a truly decent person to be with, until I meet you. Everything about you makes me happy. There’s no worries. It’s up to you. You want me there. I’m there. You don’t, I’m fine with that too. I should warn you, I heard Kelly Wendell is living at Southfork. Her and I, we, well just so there’s no surprises. We were lovers once.”

“Oh.”

John Ross sits out on the back porch in his lamb skin jacket when Lucy steps out. “Nice night.”

John Ross says, “Sure is.”

“I bought Burkcroft out.”

“So I heard. I approached Lucas about buying ten percent from Bo and ten from me, and Ewing Industries owning all of Ewing Oil. Better we all share, right?”

“That’s certainly not something I’d hear from your daddy.”

“No I suppose not. You gonna put in a trust your share with your siblings and their kids?”

“That’s the idea.”

“Good. Lucas said he’s gonna talk to Chris and Margret. Bo and I talked about the same thing, turning forty percent over to the foundation.”

“And all the construction you got going on around here. Heard you bought the Bishop Ranch.”

“Just want to make sure no matter where they’re at they feel like this is their home.”

“Grandma be proud of you. Grandpa too. I don’t know about your dad. But considering you have control through your special shares, I’d say he’d be thrilled too.”

“Oh that. Well let’s not get carried away and be too charitable.”

“Just five percent of the shares control forty percent of the vote, and you own all five percent. Pretty clever. Which is why you never blinked an eye when Burkcroft walked away with Bo’s shares. Yeah, JR would be proud.”

“Heard Burcroft’s running for Governor.”

“He’s gonna win too.”

John Ross chuckles, “I bet he is.”

11. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +458
    In the lobby of the Ewing Building in Dallas John Ross speaks to the press. “The restructuring is a way to unify my family. My grandfather, Jock Ewing, his brother and Digger Barnes created Ewing Oil back in the Great Depression. Today the company survives as Ewing Industries with Ewing Oil and the Southfork Cattle Ranch as while owned subsidiaries. Despite the fighting among the second generation which nearly destroyed everything we’ve managed in the third generation to leave all of that behind us with all the Barnes heirs as having married into the Ewing family and Jason Ewing’s family without living heirs. So my cousin Lucy and her siblings hold in trust twenty percent of the company, my cousin Lucas and his siblings hold twenty in trust and my brother Bo and I hold twenty percent in trust. Forty percent will be held in trust for the benefit of the Ewing Family Foundation. None of us intend to hold any position in the company but Digger Barnes’ granddaughter and my wife Pamela will serve as chairman of the board and Paul here will remain president and chief executive officer. Any questions you have can be directed to him. Thank you.” John Ross leaves as the reporters attempt to ask questions.

Lucy oversees ranch hands moving furniture from the big house to the cottage. Jolie asks her what’s going on and Lucy says, “I’m moving into the cottage, with a bedroom for my brother and sister. You’ve got the Wade place and plenty of room for Lucas’s family and Bo’s moving into an apartment above the barn. John Ross is moving his family into the house, every one of them. He’s keeping them altogether as he says whether they like it or not.”

“And Pamela’s boys?”

“They’ll have rooms too and are expected back on occasion.”

Jolie gives her a look as to what’s up.

Kelly gets out of Bo’s bed and says, “Maybe I should move in here. My half sister and I have never been close.”

Bo gives her a dirty look as he gets out of bed. “Let’s no get ahead of ourselves.”

John Ross says come in and Ellie enters his study. He sits her down and says tomorrow you run the morning meeting. Mateo, Pamela and Paul will be here. Then later you will meet with Hugh Tryon. Your notes are on the desk. Then Jack about what’s going in D.C. and Austin. Lucy’s gonna look out for Steven. Don’t worry about him. He’s just kinda floundering right now. She’ll get him on track. And Lucas has the ranch well in hand.”

“What’s going on?”

“You got this, right?”

“Of course.”

John Ross kisses her cheek.

John Ross walks into his bedroom where Pamela’s changing after work. “How was the office?”

“Pretty good. Jeremy and I meet all day going over potential joint ventures. He didn’t bring up Burkcroft once but it’s a matter of time.”

“You’ll handle him just fine. I um, I ah, I need to talk to you.”

She stood and looks at him serious.

John Ross sits on a hospital bed holding Pamela’s hand as they wheel down the corridor. They turn through some doors. John Ross says, “I love you.” Pamela

stands and watches him taken away.

Before the doors shut she pushes them open and yells out, “I love you too.” With them shut she stumbles back to the wall, leans against it and slides down to the floor.

The family gathers in a private hospital waiting room.

12. ilovesoaps100

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Whats with john ross

13. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +458
  14. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +458
    Since you asked, cancer. I figure it’s a family tragedy which stikes every generation of the Southworths. Nows it’s John Ross’s turn.

15. ilovesoaps100

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Good story line

16. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +458
  17. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +458
    Thank you. I’m thinking a bit Miss Ellie and her surgery, having to come to terms and a bit Jock when the family lost him, the family having to pull together.

18. ilovesoaps100

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I am sure missing this story continued..

19. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +458
    Thank you. Been overwhelmed here with stuff but will work on it some this weekend promise. Thank you so very much. Made my day. :)

20. stevew

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +458
    Early in the morning Ellie gathers with Paul, Mateo and Pamela in the study at Southfork. “All I’m saying is I don’t trust Jeremy Wendell. So we make sure those agreements aren’t sucking us in to something.”

“I agree,” Mateo says. “I’m sure you’re dotted every i and crossed every t but let me do my part before you sign.”

“Fine,” Paul says.

Pamela walks out of the room.

Ellie follows her. “Paul has this. You don’t need to be here.”

Pamela looks at her with hatred. “Nothing has changed. You hear me. He’s just resting.”

“Of course. Ewing Industries is his. Nothings changed. And he’d have waited until Mateo said sign. Right?”

“Right. Just do what you’ve got to do.” Pamela heads out of the house.

Lucy watches and then says, “You’ll be just fine. Your daddy raised you for this, for the day he’s gone. But she won’t be.“

“What she going to do, die?”

“Yes. That’s exactly what she’ll do. Your grandmother is on the phone.”

“And I’ve got to deal with her too.”

“That’s right. And you know it. Do you know what your grandad said to me when I came to visit him in that home?”

“When he tried to kill himself? What, that he blinked?”

“That’s right. JR Ewing looked at me and said he blinked. Only words he’d spoken to anyone in months. Held my hand and said it was my turn. And I didn’t listen. I traveled the world while this family tore itself apart. Then he came home and took back the reigns. And still I didn’t listen. The he ended right back there. And the second time he said to me, look out for John Ross. And when your daddy came to me with Jack . . .”

“You knew what you had to do.”

“Finally I did. But I fought every step of the way. And I had your father and he had me. You might not have the years we had to grown up, or the partner we had in each other. I hope you will. I hope your daddy walks in that door and you can go back to the way things were but right now you can’t.”

“I’ll call grandma back.”

A police car pulls Pamela over, driving down a long rural road. A helicopter then lands in front of her. Ellie steps out and approaches the car. Pamela gets out. “What the hell’s going on?”

Ellie yells over the helicopter, “That’s what I want to know. You giving up on him?”

“What? No of course not.”

“You’re driving like a bat out of hell.”

“I don’t need you to tell me . . .”

“You’re gonna hear me. John Ross Ewing is coming home. He’s gonna head this family like he’s done my whole life. Well when Lucy let him. And you’re going to the hospital to be with him. You’re the woman he’s always loved. I’ll drive your car back. You take the helicopter.”

“I can’t see him like that.”

“Like what?”

“Weak. It scares me.”

“My father is not weak. He’s got Jack in Washington looking out for the family. Mateo covers everything us mortals can’t see. I’ve got the family office in hand. Weak is thinking you can be a one man band. We all have our roles. We make each other strong. And you have your role. To be there when he opens his eyes.”

“And if he doesn’t?”

“Than you tell us when to pull the plug.”

“I can’t Ellie. I can’t. Oh my god I can’t.”

“Yes you can. And we’ll be here for you. It’s what we do. It’s who we are. We’re Ewing’s.”

“I’m not a Ewing.”

“Yes you are. My grandfather said so.”

“What?”

“Didn’t my father ever show you his letter? He told him you’d make a fine wife and to grab you up and make you a Ewing. Now go. Go be with him.”

Pamela hugs her and runs off for the helicopter.

Lucy sits having a cocktail watching the fire. Steven come in. “Dinner smells good.”

“Doesn’t it. Pamela won’t be here. She’s staying at the hospital. It’ll be a quieter meal than usual.” Bo comes in next with Lucas. Lucy says, “I hope you two washed up.”

Lucas bows. “Of course ma’am.”

Lucy smiles. “Jolie’s running behind. Handling a foundation meeting for me.”

Steven asks, “You’re not pulling back on work are ya?”

“Me? No of course not. I went over Christie’s catalog for the auction this week with our curators and some other business. I can delegate.”

Jack and Amy come in next. Jack says, “So I hear Lucy, that you’re attending Bea Babbitt’s annual garden party in D.C. next week.”

“Of course I am. B.B. always invites me.”

“Well everyone’s talking because you plus one is Prince Andrew.”

Amy laughs, “Are things serious?”

“No. God no. Not at all. He’s just a friend who owes me a few favors. And he makes for a big entrance. And B.B. hates it when I make a big entrance.”

Pamela holds John Ross’s hand, as handsome as ever but with his head bandaged. “So I’m redecorating the bedroom. We both know you’ll hate it so might as well get it over with before you come home. Lucy tried butting in. She thinks she’s an authority in decorating. But this is our room. I’m going with blues. I know how much you like blue. And pink. She’s having a million fits. I just told her pink to bug her. It’s like she owns the color for her room.”

Steven walks up on to the deck of a sail boat where a god like man lies out sunning in a speedo. She rubs oil on his well sculpted chest and he opens his eyes. “Cisco bel bello. Hai fatto un bel riposino?”

“Sì. Il dondolo mi ha fatto dormire bene.”

He rubs his crotch. “Lascia che ti svegli.”

Jack comes back in from riding. His horses obviously exhausted. Kelly is grooming a horse. Checking her out in her tight riding breaches Jack says, “So how are you enjoying visiting your sister?”

“Honestly it’s boring around her.”

“Well there’s horseback riding.”

“There’s that. And a couple of accommodating ranch hands.”

“Yeah I kinda figured you been hanging out with my Uncle Bo.”

“He has his moments where he can be fun.”

Jack grabs her ass and says, “Why don’t we go and have a moment?”

Her hand in his chest, “Lead the way.”

Jeremy Wendell walks up on the deck of the sail boat and says to Steven and his lover, both totally naked, “Enjoying the sun I see.” He leans over and kisses Steven. “E il mio stallone.”

Steven leans back under his kid and mumbles, “Si.”

Ellie walks in the kitchen at Southfork where Lucy is going over the week’s meals. “I thought you were looking after Steven.”

“Yes. Why?”

“He’s with Jeremy Wendell.”

“Listen Ellie. Mateo will give you more information than you can handle. You have to be able to separate it and ignore some of it. Steven’s young. He’ll do stupid stuff. He’s in love with Paul but he’ll be stupid and do things he that distance himself from the person he wants to be closest to. You have to pretend that you don’t know this. Most people get to live their mistakes in private. Allow him that.”

“So just ignore it?”

“Let me put it to you this way, do you want me to bring up to you everything your father and I know about your behavior?”

Ellie looks shocked.

Bo walks in a park with Jeremy Wendell who says to him, “What you’ve got to find out is who controls your trust fund now. Do you?”

“I assume so.”

“I not interested in assumptions.”

“You do know where this money came from, don’t you?”

“My father.”

“Hardly. JR Ewing left thirty million dollars each in five trust funds. You’re one of the five. He set up John Ross to create what you know as Ewing Industries, but he didn’t leave it to him or you. Your bother split his share of the Southfork oil with his mother, Sue Ellen, but only for a year. After that it was to go to the foundation. He left him tools but John Ross built the company and then shared it with you. This makes it a lot harder to fight him for control of what he gave you, that is until he’s out of the picture.”

“I just want to know how much you’re willing to pay.”

Mateo appears, “The question isn’t what he’ll pay but what it’ll cost you.”

“What the hell are you following me?”

“Of course I am. You don’t think I’m going to let you sell out your family while your brother’s in hospital do you, you little pass ant?” Bo goes to speak and Mateo cuts him off. “I’ll cut your heart out and frame this shit head,” Mateo says pointing to Jeremy.

“Now wait one minute.”

Mateo grabs his arm. “Let’s go.”

Bo pulls away. “Get your hands off me.”

“Alright. Play it your way.” Mateo punches him the face, once, twice, three times. Bo falls to the ground. Mateo points at Jeremy. “You’re over your head. Burkcroft is gonna use you up. And I’ll be there to watch.”

Steven comes walking in from the back of Southfork in the dark of night. From the blacked out living room Lucy says, “You smell like vomit.”

An obviously inebriated Steven startles. “Shit. Oh sorry Lucy. You scared me.”

Appearing in the doorway, “Go clean yourself up. We need to talk.”

Steven makes his way up stairs.

Steven walks out of the bath room wrapped in a towel. “What are you playing at?” she asks.

“What do you mean?”

“Do I look like I’m playing here? Hanging out with Jeremy Wendell.”

“He’s harmless.”

“He’s stupid. And stupid people are dangerous. They get used. And if you’re not the one using them someone else is.”

“I can handle my own life.”

“Sure you can. That’s why instead of dealing with your father’s health with Paul to help you you’re turning to booze and stupid people. It’s your life. Your family will always be here for you. Shame you don’t care as much about yourself as we do. Keep up this bull and you’ll be as lonely an old man as your grandpa was.” Lucy walks out of the room.

Lucy marches across the dark back yard of Southfork coming to the barns and walking up stairs. She walks into Bo’s apartment.

Bo walks out of his bedroom in his underwear, tight, skimpy, square cut shorts. Startled noticing Lucy he closes the door.

“You think I care about some whore Wendell set you up with in there?” He goes to speak. She cuts him off, “Your trust fund is very clear, I’m to over see it. Followed by Ellie. At no point do you have the authority to do a damn thing with it other than spend what you’re allotted.”

“Well maybe that needs to change.”

“You think you’re up to fighting me? Alright. Give it a go. But I’m not John Ross. I don’t have a soft spot for you. This family isn’t walking away from controlling Ewing Industries no matter what I have to do. You chose to turn your back on us, you better hold on tight.”

“Oh I’m real scared,” Bo says sarcastically.

“Damn right you are. I won’t be back here again. I don’t warn people before I put them down.” Lucy walks out of the apartment leaving the door open. She walks across the dark back yard.

Early morning meeting, Ellie watches with Mateo and Peter a TV news report. “Jeremy Wendell was arrested late last night on charges of embezzlement from the Wendell family trust and has pleaded guilty.”

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 5)