Dallas Reruns on TV or Netflix

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Jon Ewing Jr., May 23, 2017.

1. Jon Ewing Jr.

Jon Ewing Jr. Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Just curious why Dallas reruns, (the old dallas) never come on any type television or Netflix. I know we see other older shows but never Dallas. Can someone feel me in.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sarah
    Sad

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,221
    I think it's a rights issue isn't it? Networks have to be willing to buy shows.

3. Alexis
    Thinking

Alexis Soap Chat Mega Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,948
    To be fair Dallas has been re-run a few times on UK TV. And I believe it was all seasons? UK Gold ran it a few times and CBS Drama and I am sure I remember the BBC rerunning it during the day. Possibly BBC2.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,039
    That goes for any old classic TV Series. Here in Australia the three commercial channels now have multiple digital channels and what do we get? Endless repeats of Friends, Seinfield, Frasier, Mash, Everybody loves Raymond, Sex and the City. And when they've finished their series run they start the whole process again. And to fatten out their 24 hour broadcasts we get black and white programs I've never even heard of. It's absolutely appalling and I question how the networks get away with it.

I wish at least one of them would screen Falcon Crest, Dynasty or Knots Landing. They could even promote the fun fact let's re-visit the 80's. I'd even watch repeats of Melrose Place, Six Million Dollar, Bionic Woman. All those classic shows that were pure entertainment.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Barbara Fan
    Sweettooth

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,752
    Dallas was repeated on BBC in mid 80s - but for some reason they didnt show S3, but repeated 4 and 5,
    and they repeated s1 and 2 over the summer of 80 of the who shot JR summer
    but they missed out some episodes

The show i want to see again is NYPD Blue with wonderful Dennis Franz and jimmy Smits - pure class!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Via The Void

Via The Void Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +462
    CBS Drama is bound to re-show Dallas at some point in the future. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lastkidpicked

Lastkidpicked Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +253
    They did rerun the series here in the U.S. in 2012 as a way to boost interest in the New Dallas. The reruns came on each evening at 9 pm and it was a great way to end the day. The forums on here were much busier, because you could watch the show and then log on the next day to talk about it.

It was good and bad. It was good because when there was a juicy cliffhanger, you could see the resolution the very next evening.

It was bad because you missed out on having to wait an entire week to see what happened next, and could talk about it the entire week, trying to guess what was going to happen.

8. Chris2

Chris2 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +93
    NYPD Blue is currently being rerun on the Heroes and Icons digital sub channel.

I don't remember regular reruns of the original Dallas when the revival started - just a few episodes here and there. Do you remember what channel it was on?