1. The World Cup of Soap Operas

Click here for more details
    Dismiss Notice

Dallas stars on the walk of fame... :)

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Karin Schill, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,619
    Medals:
    Okay so while on vacation in California I visited the Hollywood walk of fame and spent about 20 minutes looking for this star:

California2017 230.JPG
    It was on Vine Street.

This one was rather close by:
    California2017 196.JPG

and I also found these ones:

California2017 199.JPG

California2017 247.JPG

California2017 269.JPG

California2017 217.JPG

That's all I found. :)

I think it was a bit strange that BBG didn't have a star when Jim Davis, Howard Keel and Donna Reed all had stars. But I guess it might be because she was more into theatre...

I also think it's a real shame that Linda Gray still doesn't have a star as I knew she wanted one and there was this fan source event 10 years ago to raise the money for her star. I guess whoever is on that committe must have chosen to give her star to someone else instead! :(

It's a pity since Linda is much more famous abroad than a lot of those people who have their names on that sidewalk. I mean on the day I was there they were having a ceremony for a new star, some action movie star who I had never even heard of! :confused:

She's in good company though, since apparently Leonardo Di Caprio doesn't have a star on this walk of fame either. I guess he doesn't want one...

In a way I can understand that as the whole "walk of fame" thing seems overrated IMHO. I mean it's a bunch of names on a street where people are walking all day, stepping on the names of the stars. I even found a chewing gum on the Debbie Reynolds star. Someone had just accidentally spit it out there. So it's not glamourous to have your name on there. Not really. :lol:

Moreover I think the fact that some stars have more than one star on the walk of fame and that stars have been given to some commercial brands cheapens the walk of fame. It would have been better if they'd had one star for each star and that the multitalented stars got more than one symbol on their stars. But that's just my two cents.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Thanks x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. southfork88

southfork88 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,346
    I remember that even Linda had recently paid for her star ...
    They are not free honors, but every actor must pay his star on the walk of fame

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,872
    Medals:
    Linda doesnt have a star, the Fan Source event was to raise $30000 to get one - guess it never made the amount and that was back in 2008

I hope you found Ingrid's @Karin Schill , I put flowers on it!

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,822
    Do they allow people to lay flowers on the stars? Just curious if I ever get the opportunity to visit. In Larry Hagman's case I'd like to leave the following;

JR Ewing.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  5. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,619
    Medals:
    I think most commonly they put flowers on the stars when someone has recently passed. I guess you can put a flower there on other parts of the year too.

@Rove I think if you put that there somebody will drink it!

@Barbara Fan yeah I did find Ingrid Bergman's star too and her wax doll at Madame Tussauds. Also you really should come to Stockholm so you can visit her grave. I think bringing a flower to that one would be very appropriate.

• Thanks Thanks x 1