1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dallas TNT - "Forgiveness"

Discussion in 'Dallas Writers Room' started by Karin Schill, Apr 2, 2020.

1. CeeCee72

CeeCee72 Soap Chat Active Member EXP: 3 Months

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +324
    Wow, I had a lot to catch up on!

First off with JR and PR back at Ewing, I expect a lot of fireworks.

Wonder how the family connections will affect Lucas and Emma's plans?

Really great updates.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Pammy P

Pammy P Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +436
    Need tonight’s update

• Like Like x 1
  3. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator EXP: 15 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +9,953
    Thank you for the feedback everyone. I am glad that you're still reading this story. :)

@Miss Texas 1967 you are right that the engagement is happening very fast. At least Bobby and Pam had known each other longer before he suggested they'd get married. But it's not like Emma and Lucas are just gonna elope.

@CeeCee72 thanks. Yeah the new arrangement at Ewing Global does set it up for a lot of conflicts and business intrigues. Sure Bobby and Sue Ellen controls the company. But only as long as they both vote the same way. If for instance Sue Ellen would side with John Ross and Pamela Rebecca instead they could control the company since Sue Ellen does have the largest part of it.

Also as for Lucas & Emma. You will find out how their parents will react to their engagement in tonight's update...:D

@Pammy P I think it's probably tomorrow night's update that you're really waiting for!

Emma had been surprised when she and Lucas returned from their ride only to find that her parents were back at the house waiting for her. “Mom! Dad! What the hell are you doing here?”

“We came because we have something important to tell you that we couldn’t tell you over the phone,” Harris said seriously.

“Bull!” Emma said angrily. “You came to ruin things for me like you always do!”

“Emma please listen this is...” Harris started saying but Emma interrupted him.

“So how did you even find me?” Emma asked. “Did you send one of your detectives to spy on me?”

“Yeah," Harris admitted before he tried to defend his action. "But I only did it because I was worried about you..."

“Well don’t be,” Emma said. “I can take care of myself!”

“We know that,” Ann said before she pleaded with Emma to understand. “But we had to see you. See we have some bad news for you.”

The worried look in her mother's eyes got Emma's attention and the anger run off her, as fear got a grip of her heart instead. “Bad how?”

“Veronica’s in the hospital after a drug overdose,” Ann finally said what she had travelled across the other side of the Atlantic for.

“What?” Emma dropped her chin, as tears started welling up in her eyes.

“I’m sorry baby but the doctors are not sure she’s even gonna make it,” Harris said seriously.

“No!” Emma sobbed.

“So come along now Emma, why don’t we take you to the hospital?” Harris said, taking his daugther's arm.

“No, I’m not going to the hospital!” Emma yelled, as she hit her father's arm away.

“You’re not?” Ann asked surprised. “But I thought Veronica was one of your best friends.”

“She is,” Emma said with the tears streaming down her face. “But I don’t wanna go see her okay?”

“You don’t?” Ann looked surprised, as she hadn’t expected this reaction.

“No!” Emma said, before adding defiantly. “Also if I did I wouldn’t bring you, I would bring my fiancé!”

“Your fiancé?” Harris echoed.

“Yeah Lucas and I got engaged this afternoon!” Emma dropped the bomb on her parents.

“What the hell?” Harris cursed.

“You did what?” Ann dropped her chin in surprise.

“Got engaged and I’m not gonna let you ruin this for me like you ruined my chances with Drew,” Emma said harshly before giving her father an angry look. “I mean it daddy, I love Lucas and I am going to marry him.”

When Lucas and Emma had returned Jenna and Ray had walked into the kitchen to give Emma and her parents some privacy. But now they came walking back into the living room as they had overhead the conversation and wanted to find out what was going on.

“Lucas is this true?” Ray asked.

“Yes dad," Lucas smiled, as she put his arm around Emma's shoulder. "I asked Emma to marry me this afternoon!"

“And I said yes,” Emma beamed. “So we’re getting married.”

“Congratulations, that’s wonderful news!” Jenna forced a smile, before she walked up to Lucas and Emma and gave them a hug. But the smile never reached her eyes, as she wasn’t really happy about this. Sure she liked Emma but she didn’t like Emma’s parents and the idea of having Bobby’s new wife as Lucas mother in law was enough to make her stomach clench.

“I just hope you know what you’re doing since this is very sudden,” Ray said before he and Jenna exchanged a look. It was obvious that neither one of them liked the prospect of getting the Rylands for in laws.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Pammy P

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +436
    Awwwww shuks. Please post tonight :spinning::yeep::(

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  5. Karin Schill

Threads:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +9,953
    I'm sorry @Pammy P but I didn't read this until today.

Anyway here's the next update.

The wedding party was in full swing. The guests had already finished lunch and were now eating cake and drinking champagne. A band were playing and the bride and the groom were dancing on the dance floor. After having shared the first dance together the guests then danced their way through the customary dances. There was of course one exception as the father of the bride was missing, so he couldn’t dance with his daughter or with the mother of the groom. So Pam sat that one out as Bobby danced with Carmen. She didn’t mind all that much though as she got to look after Drew. She loved having a grandson. Josephine on the other hand was not as thrilled and looked quite bored as she was keeping her mother company. Then Christopher finally made his way over to them. “Hi mom!” He smiled, as he sat down and took Drew from her. “Hi little guy. Are you having a good time?”

Pam smiled at them, since it made her happy to see her son interact with his son. He looked so happy. Josephine on the other hand was not amused, “He’s too little to be having a good time. How old is he now again, a week?”

“12 days actually,” Christopher said. “Also I’m Christopher. I guess you’re my sister.”

“Yeah, I’m Josephine. It’s nice to finally meet you,” Josephine said shaking Christopher’s hand. “I’m sure you know that I’m John Ross’s sister too!”

“Man do we have a strange family or what?” Christopher said jokingly.

“We do,” Josephine agreed. “So why were you in such a hurry to baptize the baby, he’s not seriously ill is he?”

“Of course not, why would you think so?”

“I don’t know I thought only kids who risked dying were baptized this quickly,” Josephine said.

“Thanks but Drew is just fine,” Christopher said.

“Good,” Josephine said.

An uncomfortable silence lingered between them, as brother and sister really didn’t have much else to say to each other. So Christopher turned to his mother instead, “So mom what do you think of the wedding?”

“For a church wedding it was perfect. But why didn’t you tell me you were getting married?” Pam asked. “I would have wanted to help planning the wedding.”

“I’m sorry mom,” Christopher said. “But Elena’s always wanted a church wedding and we needed to make it soon so that I could adopt Drew.”

“What do you mean adopt?” Josephine wrinkled her forehead. “I thought you were Drew’s father.”

“I am,” Christopher said. “But well Elena had an affair with a guy last year and that’s when she got pregnant. So legally I am not Drew’s father until the adoption is finalized.”

“I see,” Pam nodded, as she digested the news. “So has the other man waived his rights to his son?”

“No but he is dead so...”

“Oh,” Josephine said. “I still think it’s admirable what you’re doing, raising another man’s baby as your own. I don’t know if I could do that.”

“Well I raised you two,” Pam said looking at her children, “and believe me when I say that I couldn’t have loved you any more if I had given birth to you myself!”

“I’m starting to realize that,” Christopher said, kissing the top of Drew’s head.

“I’m glad,” Pam smiled. "I’m so proud of you.”

“Thanks mom,” Christopher said and mother and son hugged, just as Bobby walked up to them.

“Well there, now my dancing duties are officially over,” he said as he picked up a glass and had a little champagne.

“Thanks for dancing with Elena,” Christopher said. “I know she’d rather have danced with her dad but since he’s gone...”

“Oh don’t mention it, a beautiful young woman of course I’d dance with her,” Bobby said, winking at his son.

“Hey dad you’re talking about my wife!” Christopher said.

“Well am I wrong then?” He said.

“No,” Christopher chuckled before he looked at his parents. “Hey I think you’ve missed one dance dad.”

“What’s that?” Bobby asked.

“The dance of the grooms parents,” Christopher smiled.

“Right, so I did,” Bobby said before he turned to his former wife and reached out his hand to her, “Pam?”

“Sure Bobby, I’d love to dance,” Pam said as she took his hand and the two of them walked off towards the dance floor together. He wrapped his arms around her back and she put one hand on his shoulder, before they began to dance together, to a song called Remember When. It was a bittersweet moment for them as the song brought back so many memories from their life together. They danced in silence at first, just looking into each other’s eyes. There was so much emotions lingering on between them that Pam almost felt like crying. “So here we are dancing together at our son’s wedding after all!”

“Yeah,” Bobby said huskily.

“You did a great job of raising him,” Pam said. “He’s such a fine young man.”

“He is,” Bobby agreed.

“I know I can’t take any credit but I’m so proud of him,” Pam said. “Did you know about Drew?”

“Yeah Christopher told me Trevino was the father,” Bobby sighed. “But it doesn’t really change anything. He will still be our grandson once the adoption goes through.”

“Yes and Christopher loves Drew just as much as we loved him when we adopted him.”

“Best thing we ever did,” Bobby said. “He’s always been a great kid!”

“Well he’s not a kid anymore,” Pam said. “He’s a married man now with a family of his own.”

“True but he’ll always be our son,” Bobby said. “No matter of how old he gets I still remember when he played little league football.”

“I wish I could have been here when he grew up,” Pam said wistfully.

“So do I,” he admitted, in a husky voice. “The years sure went by fast.”

“They did,” Pam said, “It feels like it wasn’t that long ago that I was dancing with you at our wedding.”

“Which one, the second or the first?”

“Bobby I got married in jeans on our first wedding, remember?”

“Of course I remember,” Bobby laughed. “But that didn’t stop us from going out dancing in New Orleans before we found that roadside motel where we spent our wedding night.”

“Right, that was some night,” Pam smiled at the memory.

“Sure was,” Bobby said, as they were both lost in memories for a moment. However not wanting to think about how good they’d been together he hurried to add, “I mean that room was so cold.”

“Right because the heat was broken!” She smiled.

“That place was such a dump.”

“It really was,” Pam laughed, “Definitely not the place I would have picked for my wedding night if I had a choice.”

“But you did pick it!”

“Only because I didn’t want to spend our wedding night in the car,” Pam said. “I told you we should have stayed in New Orleans over night but you wanted to get back to your family and then that motel was the only place that was open so late.”

“Yeah I guess it must have been around 2 when we checked in, huh?”

“Something like that,” Pam smiled. “That was such a crazy day!”

“Well the things you do when you are young and in love,” Bobby said.

“Yeah I never forget the look on your parents face when we told them,” Pam said. “They totally thought we were crazy for getting married just like that.”

“I’ve never regretted it,” Bobby said.

“Me neither, but it was hardly the perfect wedding day,” Pam sighed. “Not that our second wedding was that much better...”

“I am sorry about that,” Bobby said. “But at least nobody ended up in the pool like at JR and Sue Ellen’s second wedding!”

“Oh I remember that,” Pam laughed. “JR and Cliff were fighting over Sue Ellen and you and Ray tried to separate them and then you all fell into the pool!”

“We must have looked so silly fighting in our wet tuxedos,” Bobby laughed.

“You really did,” Pam agreed and they both laughed at the memory and as they kept on reminiscing that evening it was like all the hurt feelings, bitterness and tension that had existed between them since she’d returned evaporated. They were finally able to be happy and relaxed in each other’s company again. It felt like old times and like they were just picking up where they had left off. The connection between them was still there even after all these years and it was quite obvious to anyone who saw them. Most of the guests didn’t pay any attention to them though as they were too busy looking at the bride and groom. But Afton was able to pick up on it and she was glad for their sake as she’d always thought that Bobby and Pam belonged together. But not everyone liked what they saw as Josephine found it so difficult to see her mother flirting and laughing with a man who wasn’t her father that she left the wedding party early.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Pammy P

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +436
    Oh wow wow wow. Great scene worth the wait. What's next me thinks !

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Karin Schill

Threads:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +9,953
    Thank you @Pammy P I am glad that you think the scene was worth the wait. :)

Here's tonight's update.

The tension was so thick that it could be cut with a knife. They were sitting in the living room having coffee and cookies, as Jenna and Ray were trying their best to be nice to Emma’s parents but the situation was obviously strained. Jenna had deliberately avoided all family gatherings in Dallas for years. Not that she didn’t like the Ewing family but because it had been too painful for her to see Bobby. She knew that he was Ray’s brother so she’d let him go and visit them every now and then. But she had stayed away. At first Miss Ellie and Clayton had visited them in Europe. Probably more to see Lucas than her, but then they had gotten too sick to travel. She’d attended Miss Ellie’s funeral, after all the woman had been like a second mother to her. But then Bobby had gotten married again and after that she’d avoided all family functions.

She had even missed out on JR’s funeral. Not because she disliked the man really, but because she didn’t want to be confronted with Bobby. She knew it was just too painful to see her first love. It was bad enough that she saw him every time she looked at their son. Yes she had let Ray adopt her kids, so on paper everything was nice and tidy. She and Ray had three kids, Charlie, Lucas and Katie. But deep down in her heart she knew that it was really only Katie who was Ray’s biological child. Not that Ray had ever treated the kids any differently. He seemed to love all of their kids the same. He did have a weak spot for Maggie though. Probably because she reminded him of Donna in the same way as Lucas reminded her of Bobby. But unlike Bobby, Ray hadn’t given up on his daughter. He had insisted on being a part of Maggie’s life and of being a father to her, whereas Bobby had just given up all his rights to Lucas and even let his brother adopt him. There were times when Jenna resented him for that even though she knew it had been the best thing for her and Ray’s marriage. Still to be confronted with Bobby’s wife was awkward for Jenna. So awkward in fact that she soon came up with an excuse to leave them alone. “So anyone want more coffee or some wine maybe?”

“I wouldn’t mind some wine,” Harris said.

“Great choice, it’s from our vineyard,” Ray said. “We store it in our own wine cellar.”

“I thought you were breeding horses,” Ann said.

“I am, the vineyard is just a hobby, so we have a few plants that’s all,” Ray said.

“Yeah but at least it’s enough to make a couple of bottles of our own wine every year,” Jenna said.

“Sounds great, maybe you’d like to show it to us?” Harris said.

“Sure,” Ray said.

“Actually Harris I’d rather stay here if you don’t mind,” Ann said. “I would like to talk to Ray about something.”

“Okay,” Harris said before he turned to Jenna, “Then I guess it’s up to you to give me a tour of the vineyard if you don’t mind.”

“I don’t mind,” Jenna smiled, relieved to have gotten an excuse to get away from Bobby’s wife. “In fact I think some fresh air will do me some good.”

“Fine then you’ll show him the vineyard while I catch up with Ann here,” Ray said.

“Okay, see you in a bit honey,” Jenna said before she and Harris got up and left the room.

Once Ray and Ann were all alone together Ann turned to Ray with a pleading look in her eyes, “Ray I want you to do something for me and it’s very important that you do exactly as I tell you, okay?”

“That depends on what it is you want me to do,” Ray said.

“I want you to promise me that you won’t tell Bobby that I’m here with Harris.”

“What?” Ray said. “You want me to lie to my own brother?”

“No,” Ann shook her head. “I just want you not to mention it.”

“I don’t think I can do that,” Ray sighed. “I mean Bobby’s my brother and I think he deserves to know where his wife is and which company she keeps.”

“Well Bobby already knows that I’m in Switzerland.”

“But not that you’re here with Harris,” Ray saw right through her.

“No,” Ann shook her head. “I think it’s better if he hears that from me so I appreciate it if you don’t tell him.”

“Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t.”

“Well I don’t want him to jump to the wrong conclusions and he might do that if he hears about it from someone else. So please Ray, I am begging you not to tell Bobby.”

“Alright then,” Ray sighed. “But I really think you ought to talk to Bobby and tell him the truth since he is my brother and I don’t like him being lied to.”

“I don’t like lying to Bobby either,” Ann sighed. “It’s just that Bobby hates Harris so if he finds out that I’m here with him it will only hurt him.”

“I’m sure it will,” Ray said. “So I won’t say anything.”

“Good since I don’t think my marriage could handle any more stress right now,” Ann said.

“What happened?” Ray asked. “I thought you and Bobby were happy together.”

“So did I but that was before she showed up,” Ann said.

“Who?”

“The first Mrs. Ewing,” Ann said and Ray dropped his cheek.

“Surely you can’t mean Pam,” He asked surprised.

“Oh yes I sure can,” Ann said. “See that woman came back to Dallas for her brother’s funeral and ever since then Bobby’s been like a changed man. It’s like our whole marriage has gone off track and he barely pays any attention to me anymore. All he ever talks about is Pam.”

“I’m sorry to hear that,” Ray said.

“I just wish that woman never would have returned as she’s ruining my marriage.”

“Well aren’t you a little too harsh?” Ray said. “I mean it takes two people to ruin a marriage so you can’t put all the blame on Bobby and certainly not on Pam. I mean Pam has gone through a lot and...”

There Ray was suddenly interrupted by his wife who had walked back into the room without them noticing her, “Pam’s not dead?” Jenna asked in disbelief, as she was truly shocked to find out that the other woman was still alive.

“Jenna what are you doing back already?” Ray asked. “I thought you were showing Harris the vineyard.”

“I was but it’s a very small vineyard,” Jenna said before looking at Ann, “So Bobby’s seeing Pam again, huh?”

“Well I asked him not to see her but...”

“Good, a word of advice, if you value your marriage you’d better keep him as far away from that woman as possible. He’s obsessed with her.”

“Thanks I’ve started to notice that,” Ann said. “Still I am sure it’s not that bad. I mean Bobby’s reassured me that she won’t come between us.”

“Well take it from someone who’s been there,” Jenna said. “Bobby can’t be trusted whereas Pam is concerned. In fact I’m willing to bet my last dollar on that he’s together with her right now!” Jenna said in bitter tone of voice and Ann looked upset at the implication.

“You have to excuse my wife,” Ray said. “She’s just upset because she’s had a fall out with Bobby after Miss Ellie died.”

“It’s more than that Ray,” Jenna said.

“Anything you wanna talk about?” Ann asked.

“Not really,” Jenna said. “But I would keep my eye on my husband if I were you and never ever leave him alone with Pam because the moment you let your guard down that’s when she will be making her move,” Jenna said.

“Thanks but that’s not necessary. Bobby told me he’s over Pam,” Ann said.

“No offense, but Bobby will never be over Pam,” Jenna insisted and Ann gave her a weird look. She could pick up on the strange vibe in the air between them. There was a tension. But she had assumed that it was because she and Harris had just showed up uninvited on their doorstep. But from the way Jenna spoke now she got the feeling that it had more to do with the other woman being jealous of her marriage. Yet when she looked at Jenna and Ray she couldn’t for the life of her figure out why, as it seemed to her like they had the picture perfect marriage. So no matter of how much she tried Ann couldn’t figure out why Jenna cared that much about Bobby. What was even worse was that Jenna’s word had reminded her of that she’d left her husband alone at home and knowing that his ex was lurking in the wings, waiting to take center stage at the first opportunity that presented itself, she couldn’t help but thinking that maybe she had made a serious mistake when she’d rushed off to Europe with Harris.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Pammy P

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +436
    G8 scene, great update xx

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. CeeCee72

CeeCee72 Soap Chat Active Member EXP: 3 Months

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +324
    Great updates. Hope all the parent drama doesn't detail Lucas and Emma.

And I feel bad for Ray. Poor guy always seems to get stuck in between his brothers and their women.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. pd fan

pd fan Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +928
    just one word to say Karin ,Amazing ,very creative :bravo1::bravo1: great updates again congrats

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. superman fan

superman fan Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Threads:
    stay at home auntie
    Ratings:
    +721
    :bravo1::bravo1:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. southfork88

southfork88 Soap Chat Addict

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,545
    Hello Karin,
    first of all congratulations for this fantastic literary project that allows you to re-evaluate nuDallas. :clap:

I'm sorry, but I report that @stevew is right about the fake email sent by Pamela, not by John Ross. :think:

And I hope that, with your great skill all the inconsistencies caused by Cidre will be canceled or explained. :)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020 at 2:28 PM
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Karin Schill

Threads:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +9,953
    Thank you everyone for all the feedback on my story. I was happy to read your comments. :bh:

I'm sorry about the lack of updates but I have been away on a short business trip in the beginning of the week. I had planned to post an update yesterday but then the board was down. Oh well... C'est la vie! :cool1

@Pammy P I'm glad that you liked the update with the Krebb's and the Ryland's. :)

@CeeCee72 I know what you mean about Emma & Lucas. They have fallen for each other without knowing that they are sort of related. So it's a little complicated.
    Great observation how Ray tends to get stuck between his brothers and their women. But at least he's never slept with Ann. So it's less complicated than with Pam, Jenna and even Sue Ellen! :fp:
    Still it is unfair of Ann to ask Ray to keep her being in Europe with Harris a secret from Bobby. Also you know what they say, secrets have a tendency to come out anyway...

@pd fan I'm glad that you found the updates creative. :dance1:

@superman fan thank you. :)

@southfork88 :hi:I'm glad that you have found my story and started to read it. It's really a compliment that it makes you reevaluate Dallas TNT. I hope it gives you a more positive view of it than before. Yikes you want me to explain all the inconsistences on Dallas TNT. :eek: You know that's a tall order since I can't even remember all of them! :embarrassed:
    Seems like I was wrong about the e-mail. I thought John Ross had sent it. But I must have remembered it wrong. So I guess Pamela Rebecca sent it and John Ross found out about it and blackmailed her with it?

Now on to the next update.

The wedding party was over and after bidding farewell to their son and his new bride it had gotten time for Bobby and Pam to say goodbye. But since both Afton and Josephine had already left the party and Pam had arrived with Josephine it meant that she didn’t have a ride home. So being the gentleman he was Bobby had of course offered to drive her home. So here they were now in his car on their way over to Cliff’s house. “I’m so happy that I was able to go to Christopher’s wedding,” Pam smiled. “I think today has been just perfect.”

“Yeah I was a bit skeptical when I first heard about their wedding plans but...”

“So you knew about the wedding?” Pam interrupted Bobby.

“Yeah they told me about their plans earlier this week. That’s when I decided to give Christopher 10 % of Ewing Global, as a wedding gift.”

She gave him a questioning look, “But if you knew about the wedding, why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because it’s not my place to tell,” Bobby sighed. “Besides it’s not like we’ve been that close since you returned so it wasn’t like I could just call you up and say by the way our son is getting married on Saturday.”

“No you could totally have done that,” Pam insisted. “I mean I know things have been strained between us since I got back but when it comes to our son we have to be able to communicate and if there’s something important going on in Christopher’s life I wanna know about it, okay?”

“Okay so the next time he’ll get married I will definitely call you,” Bobby promised.

“The next time?” Pam gave Bobby a concerned look. “So you don’t think he and Elena are gonna make it?”

“I hope they will but then again I always thought we’d last and we didn’t so there’s no guarantees in life,” Bobby said sadly, as he pulled up his car on Cliff’s driveway.

“That’s not fair,” Pam said, as she unbuckled her seatbelt. “You know that the only reason we ever broke up was because of Katherine.”

“I know,” Bobby sighed heavily, as he unbuckled his seatbelt too. “Bad example. I just mean that life never turns out the way you think it will when you are young.”

“That’s true enough,” Pam sighed, before they got out of the car and he walked her to her door. “It’s strange how fast it all goes. Sometimes it feels like just yesterday that we were married.”

“I know it’s hard to believe that it was 30 years ago,” Bobby said.

“Those were the days,” Pam smiled.

“Yeah those years were the best ones in my life,” he admitted, as they stopped outside of her door.

“I know what you mean,” she said, as she searched out his hazel eyes. “So you wanna come in for a night cap?”

Her question caught him by surprise, as he hadn’t expected her to make that offer. But looking deep into her brown eyes he could see what she really wanted. “Yes but...” he licked his lips, as he tried to be strong. He knew it was a bad idea to go into the house with her since one thing could easily lead to another so he shook his head. “It’s late and I need to get home.”

She looked disappointed, as she wasn’t ready to say goodnight just yet. “But I thought your wife was in Switzerland?”

“She is but...” Bobby sighed as he didn’t like to be reminded of his wife. He wanted to be with Pam tonight but he knew that it could never happen. Since as much as he wanted her it didn’t change the fact that he was married and he had promised Ann that he wouldn’t leave her. “I’m sorry I just don’t think it’s a good idea.”

“I see,” she nodded before she gave him a wistful smile. “I’m glad.”

“You are?” He frowned as he looked at her, trying to read her expression.

“Yeah since tonight you’ve showed me that you haven’t really changed all that much," she explained in an emotional voice. "Deep down you’re still the same Bobby Ewing that I fell in love with all those years ago.”

“Well maybe it’s because of the company I’ve kept,” he smiled at her, looking deep into her brown eyes. “You do bring out the best in me.”

“Good,” Pam smiled. “So thanks for today. I haven’t had this much fun in years.”

“Come to think of it neither have I,” Bobby said.

“So I take it that this wedding was better than Christopher’s first then?”

“Much,” Bobby said. “I mean when Christopher first got married I had just found out I had cancer so...”

Pam made a face when she heard that, “I get it, cancer sucks,” Pam said emotionally before she confided in him. “It’s what killed Leone.”

“I’m sorry to hear that,” Bobby said.

“Thank you,” Pam said. “I’m glad that you survived yours though.”

“So am I,” Bobby said, before he looked at his watch. “Anyway it is really late so I’d better go.”

“Yeah so I’ll see you around?”

“Absolutely, goodnight Pam,” he said in a strained voice before he leant down and kissed her on her cheek.

“Goodnight Bobby,” she said before she turned around and walked into the house, not wanting him to see the tears that fell down her cheeks. She wasn’t crying over him really. She was crying because she was upset about losing her husband to cancer. Or so she tried to tell herself. But no matter of how hard she tried to convince herself that was all that was to it, she knew it wasn’t true, since a part of her was crying because she knew now that she still loved Bobby and it hurt so much to realize that she could never have him again.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. southfork88

southfork88 Soap Chat Addict

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,545
    Hi Karin,

I read everything you wrote in one day. Everything is told with the best words and special attention to the memory of past.

Even people who have never seen Dallas would be captivated by your style and interesting dynamics.

And today I also discovered your first version of the events 90s. That version of Pam's return has more psychological implications, but this new version gives life to the silly nuDallas intelligently.

Yes, although it was a very, very confusing plot, Pamela Rebecca combined trouble with the emails, not John Ross.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  15. Pammy P

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +436
    Karin! What a scene, written so well as SF88 said with all specials memories. This should have been filmed and broadcast better than that TNT rubbish. But only with VP reprising her role as Pam! One can dream;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Pammy P

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +436
    What a talent:spinning: