Dallas trading cards

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Herofan, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Herofan

Herofan Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +78
    Did anyone get the Dallas trading cards/bubblegum cards back in the day? I was looking through some old things today and found 5 from back then. I know there are more somewhere.

I believe they were only from the early seasons. I’m fairly certain they didn’t follow the entire show.

2. Top Jimmy

Top Jimmy Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +197
    Medals:
    I did! I remember buying them from a local convenient store or 7-11 in the spring or summer of 1981. I believe they only had one set of 55 cards and they covered just the 1979-80 and 1980-81 seasons. They even had a few cards featuring our favorite vixen Kristin.

3. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,138
    Dallas began when I just became a teenager. One regret I have in life is not seeking out Dallas memorabilia. That said I don't recall anything being available in Australia. Many years later at a flea market I picked up Dallas, The Complete Ewing Family Saga by Laura Van Wormer. It's still in my possession.

4. Miss Texas 1967

Miss Texas 1967 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +734
    Looks like you can buy the whole set on eBay if you're interested :)

5. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,403
    Medals:
    Ive got the pack

Ive collected everything and about everyone on Dallas since jan 12th 1980 and still do to this day altho there is precious little written about it now and its mainly Priscilla P

It really died a death when Larry died as UK loved Larry and he featured in papers a lot post Dallas

With hind sight if i thought in 1980 that Id still be collecting 39 years later i might not have started and storeage is a big problem

Not to mention the HUGE expense over the years, and my parents said on more than one occasion if i didnt buy it I could be as rich as the ewings

A ouple of Dallas fans from the forum - no longer post - came to my house to view it and said i should open a museum!!

My treasured items are 3 barbara scrap books which i bought from her grandaughter

and as Dallas progressed - stuff on Victoria P began to out number the rest of the cast - she was HOT in the mid 80s in UK

Now I think I have far too much stuff and what will happen to it when im RIP and pushing up the daisies! My dad always says it would be a great bonfire!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,138
    It's both funny and sad on what we consider valuable to us personally has no value to others. My personal interest is family history and I've spent many years and money obtaining information pertaining to my (father's) side of the family. No one else in my immediate family or relations have any interest in it. I've spoken with a local family history society and they have already agreed to accept all the documentation in the event anything happens to me. This has been added as a codicil to my Will. How very Jock Ewing of me.

Barbara I've seen many times where you say you obtained scrapbooks from Barbara's grand daughter. Would the Southfork Ranch Museum have any interest in these? Depends on how personal they are and if Barbara's descendants would object to the idea.

7. KayLloyd

KayLloyd Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +515
    Loved those cards! I was able to buy them at a local candy store and collected all of the packs.

8. Taylor Bennett Jr.

Taylor Bennett Jr. Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
  9. Barbara Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,403
    Medals:
    Well funnily enough i also have it added to my will who will get my Dallas collection and you are spot on!!
    And my lawyers name is Ewing (true)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kenny Coyote

Kenny Coyote Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Rock Guitarist
    Ratings:
    +1,448
    That sounds like one impressive Dallas collection you have, Barbara Fan!

I'm wondering, do have any of the clothes that the Dallas actors wore on the show such as maybe a cowboy hat Jock or JR wore, or maybe a dress Pam wore? if so, could you tell us a little about some of them? I bet a lot of people here would be very interested!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Barbara Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,403
    Medals:
    I was kitted out in "western gear" ie jeans, shirt, cowboy boots - that gave me blisters and still had them 6 weeks later, - bandana and I was given the same Stetson that Steve Kanaly wore during s6 original - still got them all in a drawer. Never wore the boots again tho as they hurt!!

id have been delighted if i got Pams cast offs, but sadly not lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. DC1888

DC1888 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +45
    • Funny Funny x 1