Dame Joan has another wardrobe clear out. This time for charity.

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by Alexis, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,793
    Medals:
  2. nolanmillercollector

nolanmillercollector Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +188
    I like how she auctioned all her high end items and Dynasty pieces and pocketed the money, and NOW she is doing the charity auction with the scraps. Ha!

This auction has not been well advertised at all. Is there even an online catalogue? How do non locals see what's for sale?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,793
    Medals:
    It's not really a big auction, only a few high end things are included in the private sale. Like a Chanel bag and a McQueen Jacket. She auctioned off a DYNASTY worn dress for the charity earlier in the year and the rest of the stuff is expected to make over ten thousand pounds which is still good I think. It's just a small charity shop in London so paying £300 for a pair of clip on earrings is nothing to be sniffed at. lol

I have found it strange the drive that Joan has had at this point in her life, when most people slow down. In the last two years she has been doing The Royals, she was in Benidorm, she did Fran Drescher's show Happily Divorced, she did the Ab Fab Movie, the new film with Pauline Collins and she toured most of the UK (Not Belfast!!) with her one woman show as well as a tour of South America. She also launched her own Cosmetics collection which has had genuinely good reviews. It's been very well received in the makeup world and in the magazines and such. She even launched her own wig collection called Joan Collins DYNASTY wig collection. There's no stopping her! And in the midst of all that she was helping plan daughter Tara's wedding, had her private auctions at Newbridge, did the charity stuff and even found the time to sign my photos and DYNASTY scripts. She's such a trooper!

• Like Like x 2
  4. nolanmillercollector

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Do you know which Dynasty gown she auctioned earlier in the year? I never saw anything about that!

5. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,793
    Medals:
    I actually don't, I will have a look and see if I can find any info later. It may be on her Twitter feed. I just noticed that it was mentioned in the article I posted in this thread. I don't even know if it was by Nolan Miller. It just says she actioned off a DYNASTY gown and it made £2000.

"The charity hopes to raise £10,000 in total from her donations, on top of the £2000 raised last month when a gown she wore as Alexis was sold at auction"

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  6. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,793
    Medals:
    This article I found seems to say that Joan donated a portion of the money that she raised at her own personal action to charity. Now I'm thinking maybe it was one of the dresses she auctioned at Julian's last year. Maybe she just gave whatever the dress made to the charity. I cant remember if there were any Nolan Miller gowns in that sale? I don't think there were.
    http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/2015122328928/joan-collins-dorchester-tea/

7. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,793
    Medals:
    Thinking about it the only Nolan Miller dress I remember that she auctioned at Julian's last year was a red satin gown she wore in season 9. It had a matching red Satin short jacket that was worn with it. I think she wore it in the episode where she was supposed to be in Paris with Adam's mercenary friend. It was really just a redress of her Carlton suite.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I think this is also a Nolan Miller gown and evening jacket too. The black and silver one on the mannequin, and it looks like the red gown and jacket just visible at the very end of the photo.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. nolanmillercollector

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Maybe the information is wrong?... The whole thing seems very disorganized and hap hazard.

The red gown and cropped jacket from season 9 were the only Nolan Miller gowns in the auction. The black and silver beaded gown was another designer. Possibly off the rack.

In an interview for the Julien's auction Joan admitted she stole the red gown and jacket. I think the ladies were allowed to keep gowns that they wore to private functions, awards shows, personal wardrobe, etc, but Dynasty wardrobe belonged to the studio. They weren't supposed to keep their Dynasty clothes. That makes sense as Joan had very little of it, as it turns out.

9. nolanmillercollector

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +188
    I found out! It was not a Dynasty gown, as they said. It was the blue snickers commercial dress that nobody wanted from Joan's auction in 2015. She donated the scraps from her auction. LOL

• Like Like x 1