Dancing on Ice set to return to itv

Discussion in 'Reality TV Forum' started by Englishboy, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Englishboy

Englishboy Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +376
    Before The Jump, the only way to watch hapless celebrities muck around on the ice was on the glitzy Dancing on Ice .

And now the stars could be about to dust off their sequins as rumour has it the celebrity skating show is being lined up for a return to ITV – three years after it was axed.

The show was watched by 13million viewers at its peak and the channel’s new boss Kevin Lygo could be looking to bring it back.

It would fill the gap left by Dance Dance Dance after the first series ended last month.

“Dance Dance Dance was OK but it didn’t set the world alight. This would be a perfect trade,” a source told The Sun,

“Kevin always thought ITV axing Dancing On Ice was a mistake. It was a smash hit.”

The figure skating competition was originally hosted by Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby.

In its heyday it was the third highest rating show on TV.

The last series was shown in 2014 when it was won by Ray Quinn.

Mirror Online have contacted ITV for comment.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/dancing-ice-could-set-return-9980004

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,464
    I hope this happens, I'd love to see this show back

3. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,464
    Dancing on Ice comeback may have just been confirmed by Jayne Torvill

There's been speculation about a Dancing on Ice comeback for a while now – but it looks like those rumours may have some truth to them, as Jayne Torvill has said that she is "really looking forward" to returning.

Bear in mind that this isn't a guarantee, as ITV has yet to officially confirm a brand new series for the figure-skating competition show.

That said, it's hard not to be excited about Dancing on Ice's potential return after three years.

"I love that it's coming back," Torvill told The Sun. "It's great news – I'm really looking forward to it.

"The show will definitely be refreshed, but the basics will be the same. We will still be teaching celebrities how to skate.

"It was a different sort of platform being in the studio – we like to be creative and come up with new things. There's a new bar to set when the show returns."

ITV had no comment to make.

This interview from Torvill comes not long after Good Morning Britain seemed to prematurely announce that Dancing on Ice would return in 2017.

Dancing on Ice first hit screens in 2006, presented by Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby.

Former Olympic champions Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean were on hand to help and train the celebrities.

Christine Bleakley then replaced Holly when the latter quit in 2012.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,464
    Are these the first 'confirmed' contestants? First three famous faces pictured in training for ITV show?

Coronation Street favourite Antony Cotton has been snapped performing a gliding lunge all while in the clutches of a trainer.
    The actor, who plays Sean Tully in the long-running ITV soap, held onto the side as he received coaching and had a laugh with his supervisor.

[​IMG]

Celebrity psychic Sally Morgan has also been getting to grips the ice at as she gripped her trainer tightly during practice.
    The third name in the hat, Max Evans, seemed slightly more at ease with the surface as he shrugged off a trainer and whizzed around.

The rugby hunk isn't the first person in his family to show of his dancing skills as brother Thom Evans competed in the 2014 series of Strictly Come Dancing with Iveta Lukosiute.
    Elsewhere, the rumour mill is buzzing with potential contestants with Celebrity Big Brother star Nicola McLean being the latest name linked.

5. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,464
    And it has now been announced that both Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield will be returning for the show when it gets the reboot treatment next year.

The pair - who also present This Morning together on the same channel, ITV - fronted the ice dancing competition for five years before Holly boughed out and Christine Bleakley took her place alongside Phil.

But Holly has been tempted back as it returns in 2018, 11 years since they made their first appearance as hosts of the show together.

According to The Sun, a source said: 'It’s a massive coup for ITV to have Holly and Phil back on board.

'Producers love the idea of going back to the original line-up and they’re both really excited to return to their roots.'

This will be Holly's fifth regular ITV job; she already hosts This Morning with Phil, appears as a team captain on Celebrity Juice and fronts Play To The Whistle and Meet The Parents.

Phil fronts Five Gold Rings, The British Soap Awards and All Star Mr & Mrs on the same network.

Little else is known about the series, other than the fact that Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean will reappear, this time on the judging panel rather than as the skaters' coaches.

Pro skater Sylvain Longchambon is said to be taking the place as the show's coach (previously he was a dancer on the series before it was axed) and celebrities are currently being lined up to take part.

Names in the mix are Candice Brown of Bake Off fame, Coronation Street's Katie McGylnn, TV psychic Sally Morgan, Saturday Kitchen wine expert Olly Smith and Katie Price.

Other rumoured celebs include Saira Khan, Alex Gerrard, Toby Anstis and Paul Burrell – Princess Diana’s butler and confidante!

6. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,464
    Dancing on Ice confirms Ashley Banjo as judge for 2018 series

[​IMG]

Dancing on Ice has revealed another judge for the revival series – and it's a familiar reality TV face.

Ashley Banjo, best known for being part of dance troupe Diversity, will join head judges Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean as part of the line-up when the ITV show returns next year.

Rylan Clark-Neal made the announcement on This Morning.

"I can reveal a judge on Dancing on Ice," he said. "It's Ashley Banjo."

Holly Willoughby said: "Ashley Banjo is going to be a great addition to the series.

"He's a brilliant dancer and a brilliant choreographer. He was discovered on Britain's Got Talent, and now he's going to be our judge."

7. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,922
    Thats a contradiction in terms!! :eck: The pouty, tell a story about my Nan to get the sympathy vote - she annoyed me greatly on bake off and would rather the other 2 finalists had won it

She seems someone desperate for her 15 mins of fame.

I only watched this show a few years ago as Charlene Tilton was in it
    And a friend used to text me when she came on so I knew when to switch it on!! cant say it was for me but someone in Emmerdale - dont know his name, was very good
    Once Charlene was out, that was me done.