Dark Shadows: The Last Year

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Victor Winters, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Victor Winters

Victor Winters Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Episode 1020: The Savage Garden

Fri. May 22, 1970

Early evening of the full moon… While Barnabas Collins lies in his coffin, dreaming of the fruition of the bloodtree, Quentin Collins, Angelique Rumson and John Jaeger have just caused a scene in which a seemingly jealous Angelique has broken off her engagement to Quentin in front of everyone there…

Buffie Harrington saw Quentin Collins leave and slam the front door shut after his altercation with John Jaeger. She went to Angelique’s table and eyed the turned over chair and spilled drinks. “Is everything all right, here?” she asked.

John replied that it was, now that Angelique was no longer going to marry Quentin. Buffie was surprised to learn this, thinking about her plans with Quentin. “I’m so sorry,” Buffie told Angelique, “but Quentin had been seeing me behind your back the whole time.”

Angelique told Buffie there was no need to apologize, as it was all Quentin’s fault. “I’m sorry about Quentin,” Buffie then told John, but John was puzzled. He did not know they had slept together when Barnabas inhabited his body after the séance. He just nodded politely.

Buffie left the two to go back to the bar, thinking about how easy it would be to get at Quentin now that he was alone. But, she did not see the look on Angelique’s face as she walked away. Just then, the front door opened, and Angelique smiled when she saw Detective Larry Chase walked in…

Act One:

At the bar, Buffie complained to Larry Chase that she didn’t understand why Quentin still had to go to trial when he had her alibi during the time of Dameon Edwards’ death. “I told you, Quentin was trying to keep our affair from Mrs. Rumson—that’s the only reason he didn’t tell you the truth…” Buffie insisted.

Larry replied that it was out of his hands—it was up to a jury to decide in two weeks time. “The judge decreed that there was enough evidence to question what really happened that night. So, unless you have anything more to bring to light, I’m afraid there’s nothing I can do about it…” Larry told her.

Meanwhile, John asked Angelique if there was a chance for them, now that Quentin was proven to be unfaithful. “I’m sorry, but I’m not about to get seriously involved with someone else,” Angelique replied. Angelique then asked John to go back to the old bookstore and wait for her.

After John left, Angelique invited Larry to her table and told him that she and Quentin had broken up, but not because of Buffie. “I think someone really did push Dameon over the balcony—but it was not Quentin,” Angelique told him. Larry asked who, but Angelique told him she needed time to investigate…

Act Two:

After Angelique left, Buffie asked Larry what they were talking about. “She’s just concerned about Quentin,” Larry just told her. Larry then asked her about the blond man who had been with Angelique when he had first walked in. “His name’s John Jaeger—he’s a friend of mine,” Buffie replied.

Larry asked her how long he had been in Collinsport, and Buffie told him that John had been coming to the Blue Whale ever since she started her job there. “He just looks familiar to me,” Larry said, trying to think where he could have possibly seen him before, but he could not place him…

Meanwhile, Barnabas awoke from his coffin and went upstairs. “This is it—this is the night. We shall see if Angelique kept her promise.” He made his way upstairs and found Willie Loomis waiting for him in the drawing room.

“I’ve been waiting for you, Barnabas,” Willie told him as he stood up from his seat. As Willie walked towards him, Barnabas realized that Willie was still under his spell. Willie undid the scarf from around his neck and asked Barnabas if he needed him this evening…

Act Three:

Barnabas turned away and ordered Willie to leave the Old House and go home. “I am never going to bite anyone ever again!” Willie asked why, and Barnabas told him about the tree that Angelique had planted. “Burn the tree down, Barnabas,” Willie told him, and stepped close to him, offering him his neck.

Barnabas could not help but look at the throbbing vein in Willie’s neck which he had feasted on the night before. Just then, Angelique arrived at the Old House and walked in the front door. “Barnabas, stop!” she shouted out from the doorway.

Barnabas drew back from biting Willie, his fangs extended. “Willie Loomis! You will leave Barnabas alone from now on!” she declared. After Willie left, Angelique asked Barnabas if he was ready to start a new life—free from anymore victims. “I told Julia to stake me if the bloodfruit failed!” Barnabas replied.

Angelique took Barnabas out to the Old House Garden. “This is Vampireden,” she told him, “The savage garden…” Angelique and Barnabas saw in the light of the full moon the pulsating bloodfruit growing on the trees branches. “Here, Barnabas…” Angelique broke a bloodfruit off and offered it to Barnabas…

Cast:

Barnabas Collins… JONATHAN FRID

Willie Loomis… JOHN KARLEN

Angelique Rumson… LARA PARKER

John Jaeger… CHRISTOPHER PENNOCK

Buffie Harrington… ELIZABETH EIS

Larry Chase… KEN McEWEN

2. Victor Winters

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Episode 1021: Diary Of A Dead White Man

Mon. May 25, 1970

This is the night Barnabas Collins has been waiting for… In the past week since his soul was returned to his rightful body, Barnabas has felt his bloodlust impossible to ignore… Angelique has struck a bargain with Barnabas—she will provide him with an alternative to humans, as long as he leaves her alone…

After Willie left, Angelique looped her arm through Barnabas’ to lead him outside. “Are you ready to start a new life—free from anymore victims?” Angelique asked Barnabas. He shook his head. “I told Julia to stake me if the bloodfruit failed!” Barnabas replied.

Angelique laughed. “How self-sacrificing you are!” she remarked. Angelique took Barnabas out to the Old House Garden, where the bloodfruit tree grew in the middle of wild roses and other wildflowers. “This is Vampireden,” she told him, “The savage garden…”

Angelique and Barnabas saw in the light of the full moon the pulsating bloodfruit growing on the tree's branches. “Here, Barnabas…” Angelique broke a bloodfruit off and offered it to Barnabas… Barnabas took the fruit from Angelique, and felt how warm and alive the bloodfruit seemed.

“Go ahead, it’s perfectly safe!” Angelique assured him. “Don’t worry, Barnabas, I am no longer interested in revenge against you after everything that has happened…” Barnabas drew back his head and took the first bite of fruit…

Act One:

Maggie Evans paused in front of the old bookstore and saw that a light was on inside. John Jaeger was cleaning the store, waiting for Angelique. After rapping on the window, John opened the door and allowed Maggie inside and showed her around. “Maggie Evans! I didn’t expect to see you here, tonight!”

Maggie thanked John for saving her from falling off of Widows’ Hill. “No problem—it’s me who should be thanking you... for convincing me to see Dr. Hoffman, to try and remember my past…” John told her. “We just had our first session today.”

John told her that Julia told him he was drowning while under hypnosis, and he asked Maggie how Jeb Hawkes had died. Maggie looked down. “Jeb Hawkes fell off of Widows’ Hill and presumably drowned... back at the end of March,” a reluctant Maggie revealed.

John, dismayed, wondered if he could possibly be Jeb after all. “You are nothing like Jeb Hawkes—despite your resemblance!” Maggie admonished him. She shuddered, thinking back to how Jeb had locked her up in a crypt with a zombie. John just nodded sadly…

Act Two:

Across town, at her boarding house, Buffie Harrington was just taking her shoes off after work, when someone rapped on her door to let him in. “It’s Quentin Collins!” A surprised Buffie let him in, and Quentin asked if it was too late to get a drink.

Buffie poured him some rum and told him she saw the altercation between him and John earlier. Quentin swigged down his drink “It was over Angelique—it’s over between her and me,” Quentin revealed. Buffie smiled and said that it was good—she wanted him all to herself.

When Quentin asked why, she picked up a diary and started to read from it. “Grant has finally decided to kill Frederick, while I am out of town…” Buffie proceeded to read out the entire murder plot. Quentin realized it was Dameon’s diary.

Buffie told him she had made photostatic copies of the more incriminating pages. Quentin asked her what she wanted and Buffie replied: money or marriage. Either way, she won’t tell the police who really killed Dameon. “It’s up to you, Grant—I love furs and jewelry,” Buffie smiled. Quentin was stunned.

Act Three:

Maggie ran into Barnabas in front of Collinwood. “Barnabas!” Maggie exclaimed, and they hugged warmly, not having seen each other in two months. After they went inside, Maggie looked him over. “Barnabas, you look so much happier since returning from England!”

Barnabas replied that he had a new lease on life (privately thinking about the bloodfruit). Barnabas asked about Maggie, and she told Barnabas that she was still in love with Quentin. “John Jaeger told me about Quentin and Angelique breaking up. I wonder if this means that Quentin and I will have another chance…”

Barnabas noticed the pitchfork symbol on Maggie’s hand and asked her about it. Maggie snatched her hand away. “It has just been appearing off and on again since Quentin and I fell in love three months ago,” she replied. Barnabas frowned and said that he had seen such a thing before—long ago.

It was just then that Angelique entered Collinwood, and Barnabas remembered… Of course! Jeremiah and Josette. “I think I know what’s wrong,” Barnabas frowned, and stared at Angelique standing in the doorway. Angelique was up to her old tricks, and Barnabas had to be careful how he dealt with her

Cast:

Maggie Evans… KATHRYN LEIGH SCOTT

Quentin Collins… DAVID SELBY

John Jaeger…CHRISTOPHER PENNOCK

3. Victor Winters

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Episode 1022: The 7th Level Of Witchcraft

Tue. May 26, 1970

Free from stalking the night—due to the bloodfruit tree given to him by Angelique—Barnabas Collins now turns his attentions to Maggie Evans, who’s hand now bears the pitchfork symbol… Barnabas now must find a way of warning Maggie without arousing the suspicions of Angelique…

The next day, Maggie Evans came out of the kitchen carrying a tea tray, to find Quentin Collins coming downstairs. “Quentin!” Maggie called out. “Would you like have some tea and muffins in the Drawing Room with me?” she asked hopefully.

Quentin shook his head. “I’m going out—I don’t have time to sit down,” Quentin replied. Maggie sniffed and smelled new cologne on Quentin. She asked him who he was having a meeting with. Maggie could tell it was another woman.

Quentin replied that it was just a friend. Maggie set the tray down on the table. “Quentin, don’t go!” she begged pitifully, but Quentin insisted. Quentin left, and Maggie was left stroking the pitchfork symbol on her hand.

Maggie saw the symbol on her hand, wondering how and why it kept appearing. She brought the tea tray into the Drawing Room and sat on the sofa, finding a book open there. Maggie picked up the book. “The Seventh Level of Witchcraft,” she read aloud.

Act One:

When Angelique Rumson showed up at the old bookstore, John was mad at her for not coming back to see him the night before. “Look what the cat dragged in!” John exclaimed. He was stacking and arranging books while he wiped off the bookshelves.

Angelique told him that there were many things that were happening. “I’m worried about Buffie Harrington, and what Quentin might do to her…” Angelique said. John asked her why she worried about the woman Quentin was cheating on her with, but Angelique did not have an answer…

Meanwhile, Maggie picked up the book, but before she was about to close it, she noticed the page it was open to was titled “Love Spells.” Intrigued, Maggie sat back and read the page aloud. “To make two people fall in love, especially if you want one of them to stay away from the one you love…” Maggie read.

Maggie looked at a picture and noticed that the symbol in the book looked like the one that appeared on her hand. Maggie looked down, but the symbol had already disappeared. “Who would want Quentin and I to fall in love?” Maggie asked herself. She thought back to when it first started appearing…

Act Two:

Quentin showed up at Buffie’s apartment with a bouquet of flowers. “Is this what you want from me?” he asked sarcastically. Buffie took the bouquet and told him it was a start, but she would really like to look at jewelry today.

“These are beautiful,” Buffie said, putting the flowers in a vase. After getting a glass of water for the flowers, Quentin saw Buffie lock a desk drawer with one of the charms on her bracelet, and the two left to go to the jewelry store.

Meanwhile, at the old bookstore, Angelique tried to help John clean up the book shelves, but John was more interested in Angelique. “Now that it’s over between you and Quentin, do you think I could move back into the Old House?” John asked. He put his arms around her for a hug.

Angelique told him she needed more time. “The situation with Quentin and Buffie has shown me not to move so fast.” Angelique noticed John staring out the shop window and followed his gaze. The two were surprised to see Buffie and Quentin walk by outside, arm in arm…

Act Three:

At the jewelry store, Buffie picked out a pearl necklace and a sapphire ring surrounded by diamonds. “Thank you, Quentin!” Buffie beamed, kissing him on the cheek. Quentin recoiled with disgust. He quickly went to go pay, and excused himself to go back to work at the cannery.

And at the old bookstore, Angelique excused herself from John, and ran to meet Buffie outside in the street. “Still not over Quentin, are you Angelique?” John asked out loud as he watched her go and talk with Buffie on the sidewalk.

Angelique invited Buffie to have coffee with her at the Collinsport Diner. The two women ordered and took a seat in the quiet restaurant. “What were you and Quentin up to today?” Angelique asked. Buffie showed Angelique the new jewelry that Quentin bought her.

Angelique seemed to be striking up a friendship with Buffie, squeezing her hand. “I hope you know what you’re getting into!” Angelique gave Buffie a friendly warning: “Be careful with Quentin—he’s not as nice as he seems… If I were you, I would leave now—before it’s too late!”

Cast:

4. Victor Winters

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Episode 1023: Buffie The Boyfriend Slayer

Wed. May 27, 1970

Over the past month that Buffie Harrington has lived in Collinsport, her plans for Quentin Collins have been shrouded in mystery… But, now that Buffie has been revealed as the late Dameon Edwards’ accomplice, her carefully laid plans may come tumbling down around her…

Angelique invited Buffie to have coffee with her at the Collinsport Diner. The two women ordered and took a seat in the quiet restaurant. “What were you and Quentin up to today?” Angelique asked. Buffie showed Angelique the new jewelry that Quentin bought her. Angelique especially admired her new ring.

Angelique seemed to be striking up a friendship with Buffie, squeezing her hand. “I hope you know what you’re getting into.” As Angelique talked, she secretly slipped something into her purse. “Be careful with Quentin—he’s not as nice as he seems… If I were you, I would leave now—before it’s too late!”

Buffie recoiled her hand from Angelique. It sounded more like a threat than a friendly warning, somehow. “Don’t worry, I can handle Quentin!” Buffie insisted. Angelique smiled and told her she hoped so. Angelique left money for their coffee and left Buffie at the diner.

After she left, Buffie looked down at her bracelet and wondered why Angelique was being nice to her. Buffie thought back to when she had Steve attack Angelique, per Dameon’s orders, and started to feel guilty. Suddenly, Buffie realized she had lost the key on her bracelet…

Act One:

Roger Collins came home from the cannery to find Maggie engrossed in The Seventh Level Of Witchcraft. “Maggie, have you seen Quentin?” Roger called out. No response. “Maggie!” Roger tried again, “Have you seen Quentin?”

Maggie looked up in surprise and finally answered him. “Not since this morning. I think he was meeting someone.” Roger replied that Quentin was no where to be found at the cannery that day, so it wasn’t a meeting with anyone there.

Maggie asked Roger if he had been reading the witchcraft book she found. “I have never seen it before in my life, but who knows what books we have here at Collinwood!” Roger claimed. “Besides, why would I be reading a book on witchcraft?”

After Roger left the room, Maggie wondered privately if Jeb Hawkes was somehow responsible for the Love Spell. “The marks started appearing about three months ago,” Maggie mused aloud. “Jeb Hawkes was still alive… But why would Jeb want Quentin and I to fall in love?” Maggie stared at the fireplace…

Act Two:

Afterwards, Maggie decided to go to the old bookstore to visit John. She felt as though he would know something. After they greeted each other, she showed him the book on witchcraft. “I swear I’ve seen that book before…” John declared to her, “At the Old House!”

Maggie wondered if either Barnabas or Angelique had left the book for her to find. “I don’t know about Barnabas,” John told her, “But Angelique seemed to have some sort of powers. I know she’s interested in the occult.”

Just then, Angelique showed up to interrupt them. Maggie quickly excused herself, taking the book with her. Angelique watched her go with a smile. “I think you and Maggie would make a lovely couple,” Angelique told John.

“You’re the only woman for me!” John insisted. He brought Angelique into his arms, and kissed her. Angelique responded for a moment, but then pulled back. She told John she had a very important appointment to keep, but they would have a serious talk, very soon…

Act Three:

Buffie returned home to find Angelique waiting for her. Angelique revealed the diary that “Buffie” wrote, that detailed Buffie herself as the murderess of Dameon Edwards. “Dameon was going to leave town with Quentin,” Angelique read aloud, “So I stopped him… I pushed Dameon to his death… And I’m glad!

“I never wrote that!” Buffie exclaimed. She rushed to the locked desk drawer, but Angelique held up the key she had stolen from Buffie’s bracelet earlier. Buffie snatched it from her and opened up the drawer. It was empty. “What did you do with it?” Buffie demanded.

“Dameon’s diary no longer exists!” Angelique laughed. Buffie snatched the diary from Angelique’s hand, but Angelique revealed that it was just a double. “The real diary is already in Detective Larry Chase’s hands!” Angelique revealed gleefully.

“You bitch!” Buffie exclaimed. Outside, the noise of a police siren could be heard. “I’ll get you for this—I swear I will!” Buffie shouted. Buffie tried to run off towards the back of the boarding house, but the police were already waiting for her outside. Angelique laughed with gleeful satisfaction…

Cast:

Roger Collins… LOUIS EDMONDS

5. Victor Winters

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Episode 1024: Back On Track

Thu. May 28, 1970

Since the accidental death of Dameon Edwards, Quentin Collins had wrongfully been accused of killing him… But now, thanks to Angelique’s machinations, Buffie Harrington, Dameon’s accomplice in a plot to blackmail Quentin, has been framed for Dameon’s “murder” instead…

After leaving the police station, Angelique returned to the Old House to find Barnabas sitting on the sofa eating bloodfruit from a bowl. Barnabas looked up in mid-bite, surprised, and Angelique wondered to herself if Barnabas was now spending all his time eating bloodfruit now.

“Well, Barnabas,” Angelique smiled, “You’ll be pleased to know that I’ll be leaving the Old House for good tomorrow.” Angelique thought back to how she tricked Buffie Harrington, and the expression on the woman’s face when she realized she had been framed.

Barnabas wiped his mouth and asked why, and Angelique sat down beside him. She looked down at the bowl of bloodfruit, and noticed that Barnabas seemed to be in some sort of daze. “I have a promise to keep to someone.”

“What kind of promise, Angelique?” Barnabas asked, but Angelique told him it was a surprise. “But, what I am able to tell you that all of our obstacles have been swept away…” she smiled at him with satisfaction. Now that Buffie Harrington is going to rot in jail! she thought to herself…

Act One:

The next morning, Quentin visited Sabrina and Chris’s graves. “Chris,” he said out loud. He lay a bouquet of flowers on his grave. “Please forgive me for not saving you while you were still alive.” He placed a bouquet on Sabrina’s grave next to Chris’s.

“I’m so sorry, Sabrina.” Quentin started to tear up. “I probably won’t be visiting you guys for a long time… You see, I’m leaving Collinsport for good,” Quentin told them. He had had Dameon’s body sent back to Portland. He planned to visit Dameon’s grave as soon as he left Collinsport.

Angelique found Quentin in the graveyard and stood behind him for a moment, not want to interrupt his good-byes. Quentin realized someone was there and got up to greet her. “How did it go with Buffie last night?” he asked her.

Angelique smiled and grasped his hands. “Our ‘little deception’ worked perfectly…” she smiled. “Thanks to that fake diary I conjured up, Detective Chase is convinced she’s guilty.” Angelique leaned up and kissed him on the cheek. “We can get married, now, just as we planned before…”

Act Two:

After leaving Eagle Hill Cemetery, Angelique and Quentin returned to Collinwood to tell the family their news. “I’m more worried how Maggie Evans is going to react,” Angelique told Quentin. “The poor girl is still in love with you…” Angelique did not say it was her own fault that Maggie was in love with him.

Julia was visiting with Elizabeth Stoddard in the Drawing Room. Julia had told Elizabeth that all of Collinsport was gossiping about Buffie Harrington killing Dameon Edwards. “I knew Quentin couldn’t have been guilty!” Elizabeth exclaimed to her. They turned with surprise to see Quentin and Angelique.

“Elizabeth, Julia—I’m glad both of you are here!” Quentin announced. “Now that Buffie Harrington is in jail for Dameon’s murder, Angelique and I are getting married right away… Tomorrow evening, in fact!” A shocked Elizabeth and Julia turned and looked at each other with mouths wide open.

Outside the Drawing Room, Maggie Evans eavesdropped. She looked down at her hand and saw that the pitchfork symbol was forming again. She rubbed her hand and said aloud, “No, Quentin! You can’t… You just can’t!”

Act Three:

Elizabeth arched an eyebrow at Julia, but she decided she had no reason to not be supportive of Angelique and Quentin. “Well, Quentin,” Elizabeth said, “I can’t say I’m not surprised, and it does seem awfully sudden, but I sincerely wish the two of you my best wishes…”

Maggie entered the Drawing Room, and acted cold towards Quentin, not wanting him to see how upset she was inside. “Yes, congratulations to both of you!” Maggie forced a smile. Quentin looked at her with surprise, and Angelique looked down at Maggie’s hand to see the pitchfork symbol.

“Thank you. I’m sorry we had to trick everyone, especially you, Maggie.” Quentin said. “Angelique and I had to pretend to be fighting so that Buffie Harrington wouldn’t be suspicious.” Maggie stared at him for a moment, but then told him not to worry about it.

“Elizabeth, will you be my matron of honor tomorrow?” Angelique asked. Elizabeth accepted, but told her she did not think Carolyn felt like attending a wedding two months after Jeb’s death. “Carolyn needs more time,” Elizabeth explained, not mentioning that Angelique lost her own husband the same night.

“Thank you, Elizabeth,” Angelique smiled. “Well, I must hurry home and make plans for tomorrow. We wanted to have a very simple ceremony—out on the gazebo.” Angelique returned home to the Old House, unaware that Maggie followed her down the path through the woods…

Cast:

Elizabeth Stoddard… JOAN BENNETT

Dr. Julia Hoffman… GRAYSON HALL

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 1)