Dating sites

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Willie O! Tannenbaum, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Miss Piggy and Toni's Very Glamorous Christmas

Miss Piggy and Toni's Very Glamorous Christmas Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,569
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    Love Livvy. The video is so Melrose-Place-y that I waited until the end to see if the image of Locklear "as Special Guest Star" appeared too!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. The holiday Whore

The holiday Whore Soap Chat Superstar

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,727
    I'm not on any dating sites but last summer when I was in London my friends persuaded me to join Grindr. Which I did, mostly for a laugh to be honest. I had a lot of messages from guys only feet away but in all honestly I found it seedy and I didn't really have a normal message from anyone on it. I was offered to come round to peoples houses and spit in their faces, to join gay couples in threesomes, to partake in someone's bound and gagged dental appointment fantasy and all kinds of hellish madness. I'd also usually get abuse for having fake pictures, people saying that it wasn't me, that I am too young looking to be 34. I used to just screen shot the madness and send it to my friends on WhatsApp for shits and giggles. I found the thing tragic and funny all at the same time.

In all my time on Grindr I never met anyone from it. I never gave my phone number to anyone from it. Last week when I was at work my phone alerted me that I had a new Grindr message. I opened it anticipating more comedy horror and was surprised that it was a nice normal message. He asked had I recently changed my profile photo, which I had done. He complimented me on it. However the person didn't have a photo of themselves, so I asked for one. He sent a pic and he was very attractive. I thought he must be one of those demented fakes and then he sent some more. We chatted more. Although his English was very good, I could sort of tell that it wasn't his first language, I asked about this and indeed he is Spanish. The conversation stayed normal, no pestering or going from 0 to c**k pics in 10 minutes. I added him on WhatsApp and we have been chatting every day, exchanged lots of photos and are planning on meeting up for a drink either this week or next.

What kept me messaging back and responding was the normality of the conversation. There was to-and-fro. It wasn't monosyllabic and based around the need for a quick fumble at 2am. We've talked about what we like to read, films, our work and life in general. We have also just added each other on Skype and will have a chat on there soon. What's funny is that where he works is literally across the street from where I worked for 4 years. I passed by his place countless times on my way to and from work.

In the back of my mind I keep thinking this has got to be some kind of sick wind up. Some weirdo with too much time on their hands. But I have had all the weirdos and I am not stupid, I know all the red flags. I would never meet anyone I hadn't seen before. We will skype or facetime before I meet for sure, likely more than once. We'll meet somewhere I am comfortable and likely in the day.
    I feel like even if nothing romantic comes of this that this would be someone I would stay in contact with. I'm usually quite good at reading people and sussing them out.

To be continued...

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  3. Angela Christmas

Angela Christmas Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,749
    Alexis, that's great! I really hope it all works out for you in the way you want it to. You deserve some good fortune.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Payton Cross

Payton Cross Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    Yes it looks very like a Melrose kind of a way@Toni, this song was also recorded in 1992, same year when Melrose Place aired for the first time, oh i miss those days of the early 90's. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. The holiday Whore

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,727
    This reminds me so much of fellow Aussie Kylie's song Finer Feelings from about the same time.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Payton Cross

Payton Cross Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    You're right @Alexis, i almost forgot that song :(, I really love that album by the way. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. The holiday Whore

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,727
    So I have still been chatting with the Spanish guy and tonight we chatted on skype, briefly. We are meeting up tomorrow evening for a drink. He's very cute and has an adorable little accent. So far so good.

To be continued...

Some more.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Miss Piggy and Toni's Very Glamorous Christmas

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,569
    Don´t be surprised if he comes with a glamorous pig...Just kidding. Enjoy yourself!

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. The holiday Whore

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,727
    The date went very well! We just went to a bar for a couple of drinks and chatted a bit. Before I met him I explained that I was meeting people after so it would really only be a quick drink. I partly did this in case there just wasn't any chemistry or it didn't go well. I ended up staying for more than one drink and to be honest I didn't really want to go when I did, but I actually did have plans after.

I think it worked out better this way anyways. We have made plans to meet up again tomorrow. :D

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. Willie O! Tannenbaum

Willie O! Tannenbaum drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,782
    And none of this would have happened if I hadn't started this thread. I feel like a fairy godfather:jum:

Please invite me to the wedding, I'd like to meet some nice Irish men.:D

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Miss Piggy and Toni's Very Glamorous Christmas

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,569
    #metoo!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. The holiday Whore

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,727
    Second date done... Also went great. He cooked dinner and we got to um, know each other a little better as Kylie's Golden album played. :)
    Another date lined up for Tuesday night, this time dinner and a movie.
    Oh and dear sweet baby Jesus... He's hotter than I even anticipated.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Miss Piggy and Toni's Very Glamorous Christmas

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,569
    upload_2018-7-6_0-27-24.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Angela Christmas

Angela Christmas Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,749
    Alexis I'm so happy for you. It's great that everything is going so well.

Kylie's Golden album is about 40 minutes long, that must have been some session!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
  15. The holiday Whore

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,727
    It may have had more than one spin.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Also side note - I cant believe Spinning Around is 18 years old. I still have the single!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018