Dem Primary Debate

Discussion in 'US Politics' started by Frank Underwood, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    INFJ
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +8,767
    Medals:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Frank Underwood

Frank Underwood Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,012
    Medals:
    Now that Bernie's surging, Warren has also decided to throw him under the bus. She said that they met in 2018, and Bernie told her he didn't think a woman could win the presidency.

This has energized the moderates on social media who have convinced themselves that Bernie's a misogynist. Of course, Warren didn't provide any evidence to back up her claim.

Source: https://www.commondreams.org/news/2...t-further-after-dropping-bombshell-accusation

Tulsi came to Bernie's defense, saying "I also met with @BernieSanders before announcing my candidacy. We had a nice one-on-one conversation and I informed him that I would be running for President. In that meeting, he showed me the greatest respect and encouragement, just as he always has."

• Like Like x 1
  3. Frank Underwood

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,012
    Medals:
    Warren Campaign Attacks Bernie (While Pretending He's Attacking Them)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Frank Underwood

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,012
    Medals:
    Trump Is Getting Nervous About Bernie

Dr. Cornel West Explains Why Bernie Beats Trump

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  5. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    INFJ
    Ratings:
    +8,767
    Medals:
    I learned a new word today:

apparatchik
    [ˌäpəˈräCHik]
    NOUN
    apparatchiks (plural noun)
    1. historical
      a member of a Communist Party apparat.
      "old apparatchiks have given way to the Russian government's young reformers"

• Like Like x 1
  6. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,264
    Medals:
    Again, wilful misunderstanding? Could not is not should not.

7. Frank Underwood

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,012
    Medals:
    Right, but this is Warren's way of saying Bernie tried to discourage her from running for president.

Bernie denies saying that to Warren, and I believe him. Bernie allegedly told her this in 2018, yet Warren's team didn't make it public until Bernie started to surge in 2020. Of course, the media is giving credibility to Warren's claim by presenting it as fact rather than an allegation. At last night's debate in Iowa, moderators from CNN asserted the conversation had occurred when they asked Bernie about it. “Well as a matter of fact I didn’t say it," Sanders insisted. "That is correct," he said later, when asked if he denied the conversation took place. Bizarrely, a debate moderator then immediately and matter-of-factly asked Warren, "What did you think when Senator Sanders told you a woman could not win the election?"

Warren again pulled the woman card at the debate, saying "Can a woman beat Donald Trump? Look at the men on this stage," Warren said to applause. "Collectively, they have lost ten elections. The only people on stage who have won every single election they've been in are the women. Amy and me. And the only person on this stage who has beaten an incumbent Republican anytime in the past 30 years is me. And here's what I know -- the real danger that we face as Democrats is picking a candidate who can't pull our party together."

Sanders challenged Warren's assertion, noting that he won an election against a GOP incumbent in November 1990, when he unseated then-Rep. Peter P. Smith.

"And I said I was the only one who has beat an incumbent Republican in 30 years," Warren shot back -- even though Sanders' win was, in fact, within the past 30 years.

IMO, Warren's argument is incredibly weak. Winning every single election you've been in thus far means nothing. Donald Trump never held political office in his life, yet he came out of nowhere and won the presidency in his 70s. Hillary Clinton was a career politician who ran against Trump and lost, and every president thus far has been a man. This is why Warren failed to properly make her case. I personally believe a woman can beat Trump, but only for substantive reasons. Warren, on the other hand, only seems interested in identity politics.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Frank Underwood

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,012
    Medals:
    Krystal Ball: Warren lies again. Dismantling her vicious attack

• Like Like x 1
  9. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    INFJ
    Ratings:
    +8,767
    Medals:
    It really exposes Warren for whom we suspected she was: just another lying, ruthless female politician that Bernie's been too nice to.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020 at 1:34 AM
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Frank Underwood

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,012
    Medals:
    Sadly, yes. CNN and MSNBC are so disgusting in pushing the establishment's narrative that they've once again left a lane open for Tucker Carlson to jump in as the voice of reason.

Tucker: CNN attacks Bernie Sanders for being 'sexist'

• Like Like x 1
  11. Frank Underwood

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,012
    Medals:
    The audio has finally been revealed from that infamous moment where Warren refused to shake Bernie's hand. Warren says "I think you called me a liar on national TV." A visibly upset Bernie tells Warren that she accused him of lying too, which she did by accepting CNN's framing that Bernie told her a women couldn't win the presidency.

According to Politico, Bernie "raised $1.7 million from more than 100,000 small-dollar donors, his biggest debate-day haul of the 2020 campaign." Looks like Warren's stunt backfired.

Not surprisingly, the loathsome SJW's have injected #metoo and "believe women" into the conversation as they always do when there's a dispute between a man and a woman.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020 at 8:02 AM
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    INFJ
    Ratings:
    +8,767
    Medals:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020 at 9:26 PM
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,264
    Medals:
    My internet connection dropped out just as Klobuchar was starting her closing remarks so I missed what may have been the most important 14 seconds but I did see the earlier exchange where Warren and Sanders effectively accused each other of lying. It did seem odd that the moderator just went on as if that hadn't happened. There are classic examples of an interviewer ignoring or not hearing an explosive answer and just going on to the next question on their list. We seem to have another one here.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    INFJ
    Ratings:
    +8,767
    Medals:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    INFJ
    Ratings:
    +8,767
    Medals:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Frank Underwood

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,012
    Medals:
    I'm convinced it's because the media made a pact with the DNC. They've always been dismissive of Bernie while promoting the narrative of his establishment counterparts.

An actual impartial journalist would have said "Senator Sanders has denied saying he didn't think a woman could become president. How do you respond Senator Warren?"

Of course, CNN doesn't care about impartiality or even journalism. Outlets like CNN and MSNBC have one goal in mind, which is to do the bidding of establishment Democrats.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    INFJ
    Ratings:
    +8,767
    Medals:
    Morning Joe and Mika joined Tucker in his questioning Warren's veracity -- I hope they're not cancelled.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Frank Underwood

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,012
    Medals:
    It's funny that the conservative hosts are calling this out for what it is, while the liberal hosts are kissing Liz's ass and asserting what she said about Bernie is true.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    INFJ
    Ratings:
    +8,767
    Medals:
    Krystal is wrong about women not lying about sexual assault -- there's plenty of incentive to lie there, too. But that complicates the point here unnecessarily.

20. Frank Underwood

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,012
    Medals:
    Sanders campaign responds to Biden doctored video claims: Biden should 'stop trying to doctor' public record

Sen. Bernie Sanders' (I-Vt.) campaign responded on Saturday to former Vice President Joe Biden after Biden falsely accused the campaign of doctoring a video of him talking about Social Security cuts.

"Joe Biden should be honest with voters and stop trying to doctor his own public record of consistently and repeatedly trying to cut Social Security," Sanders' campaign manager Faiz Shakir said Saturday in a statement.

"The facts are very clear: Biden not only pushed to cut Social Security — he is on tape proudly bragging about it on multiple occasions."

Shakir's comments come after Biden, earlier on Saturday, told a crowd at Simpson College in Iowa that the Sanders campaign had “doctored the piece and it’s acknowledged that it’s a fake.”

However, the video that Biden is referencing – in which a clip of Biden's 2018 remarks to the Brookings Institution is played – was not doctored, Politico reports.

PolitiFact confirmed that a recent campaign email sent by Sanders' campaign that said, “Biden lauded Paul Ryan for proposing cuts to Social Security and Medicare” was false, but said nothing about the video being falsified.

However, Biden still referenced PolitiFact Saturday, saying "PolitiFact looked at it and they doctored the photo, they doctored the piece and it’s acknowledged that it’s a fake.”

After Biden’s comments, Sanders’ speechwriter David Sirota tweeted out a video from Biden's time in the Senate.

The video depicts the then-Senator appearing animated about freezing federal spending on programs like Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid.

"When I argued if we should freeze federal spending, I meant Social Security as well. I meant Medicare and Medicaid...I meant every single solitary thing in the government. And I not only tried it once, I tried it twice, I tried it a third time, and I tried it a fourth time" he said, at the time.

Source: https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...paign-knocks-biden-on-social-security-history