Enterprise Did anyone enjoy this?

Discussion in 'Star Trek' started by Ome, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,403
    I remember feeling excited when it was first announced, but by the time I was half-way through the first season I knew something was wrong. I hated that they didn't have the teleport, but hung on to hope it would happen.

I never really got into the characters, T'Pol and Trip were the best of a bad bunch.

I remember feeling relieved it was cancelled because it became a chore to watch and the only reason I continued is because of how much I enjoyed all the rest of the franchises, so I was always hanging on to hope....

2. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,481
    I think making it a prequel was always a bad idea. Making it closer to out own time was supposed to make it more relatable but as you say it meant that it lacked some of the very elements that define Star Trek as we knew it. The final season where they began tying it more into the mythos was more interesting but that of itself didn't make it more compelling.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +2,172
    Never liked Enterprise. Let alone singing in the opening credits! :re: That's no Star Trek show!!
    Not even liked one of the characters. Hated the Captain, hated that strange Doctor Phallux or Phollux (or Phallus?:D), hated them all! lol
    Loved TNG, DS9 and Voyager though. Enterprise made me realize that the Star Trek brand was burned for TV at the time and that they definetly needed a longer break before coming up with a new show after Voyager.
    I hope that break was long enough now, because i don't want the new show next year to dissappoint me the same way that Enterprise did!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  4. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,403

:lolling:

5. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,481
    Actually I liked the song. I found it quite moving although a departure from what we were used to.
    My expectations have dropped considerably since it was announced that it would be another prequel. :rolleyes:

6. Christine

Christine Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +160
    I love the theme song and the opening credits but the show....hmmm.... I remember giving up on Enterprise after it's first year but then I heard that they had a continuing storyline for S3 so this grabbed my interest again and I actually enjoyed the third season. I didn't really like the well praised season 4 though and I was sort of glad when the show was cancelled.

7. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,159
    Never watched it at all... Have no idea what it was like. Doesn't sound so great from what I have read here and elsewhere.

8. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,403

Oh, how I was completely wrong about this...!

I watched the whole series again and now I feel totally different about this show. I loved it, I can't believe how much I loved it, but I bloody well did.

Characters like Silik (Suliban) Commander Shran (Andorian) & Naarg (Tellarite) played a great part in my new found love for this series. Also I hadn't realised the first time how much this is connected to TOS.

Then we have Arik Soong the connection with Khan & Data - honestly, I can't believe how much I didn't get on my first watch.

@Toni you're absolutely right in saying this was underrated

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,403
    I want to watch Enterprise again, right now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]