Melrose Place Did Burns Mancini close in September 1998?

Discussion in 'Sundry Prime Time Soaps' started by MarkSinacori, Feb 11, 2018.

1. MarkSinacori

MarkSinacori Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +104
    I seem to recall them showing it up until the last summer episode which was gonna be part of the season 6 finale. Did they explain it closing? Did we see it again after that? My guess is they wanted to change the show and they cut that set out for season 7 as they wanted to focus on a smaller cast, yet still Michael and Peter were still there so I can’t see why they did away with it. The last scene I can recall in there was Coop telling Megan he was going to take the job in Philadelphia and then Lexi comforted her and they went to get coffee in the lounge.

2. tommie

tommie Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,497
    That's funny because I never thought about it being gone.

I guess with Peter being Chief of Staff and Megan no longer working there, it'd be pretty much only Michael at that office with perhaps a random secretary, so the writers just did away with it and just relocated the action to Wilshire Memorial again. I'm trying to think if it was used in the production of the actual season seven and I can't really recall if it was. I don't think they really explained it either.

It sort of makes me want to re-watch season seven to see if they recycled the set somewhere like Aaron Spelling shows usually did.