1. Check Out Our Musical Secret Santa

Coming to Soap Chat this Christmas

Click here for more details

Dismiss Notice

DS9 Dipping into Deep Space Nine

Discussion in 'Star Trek' started by Ome, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,149
    One of my favourite episodes ever to present itself in the STAR TREK universe

Trials And Tribble-ations

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,149
    Having watched all the franchises, I always had DS9 as one of the weakest basically because it was set on a station.

Now watching it some 20 years later I have come to the conclusion that this is by far the greatest ST show to exist.

The threat of the Dominion is far greater than that of the Borg. Add to that the great ensemble cast and how they cover so much more story and history between the Cardassians, the Bajorans, the Klingons, Ferengi, along side the federation it's a wonderful masterpiece. Not forgetting the whole Dominion set up with the Founders, the Jem'Hadar and the Vorta.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,149
    Gosh! This man is annoying!!!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,149
    Finished the series and boy was that last 8 episodes a roller-coaster of action. I really feel like I've had a mental block about this series because it's an absolute stunner of a show and the last 15 minutes of the series finale totally knocked me off my seat, completely unaware of how emotional it turned out to be.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,149
    Hi Toni, did you ever get through DS9 ?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,465
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    Ome, as you may know, Star Trek may get into your life in the most unexpected ways...Actually, in the last weeks, I have watched randomly episodes of the original "Star Trek" (still unwatched to me) and the underrated "Enterprise". Somehow I´ve enjoyed the naivety of some stories and its funny dated look (I don´t own the "remastered" version), and the ST E ones made me remind of how much I cared for those characters and how differently I envision this show from most of other trekkies (if I may be considered one, who knows...).

This has nothing to do with the fact that I still have next to my dvd player the early seasons of both "Voyager" and "Deep Space 9", which I couldn´t start, or continue, but only because I´ve been quite busy, and had to pick up to watch the shortest series I had on my list for my daily watch. But one of these days I´ll get into their own worlds too since episode 1 in both cases. They are being shown here in Spain by Netflix, including the animated series. Therefore, complete seasons of many Trek series (including the last one of TNG, and all Voyager!) have been dubbed into Spanish because they had never been aired here (only partially or dubbed into Latin Spanish).

So yes, here as in the rest of the world, Star Trek is definitely trendy too...I´ll keep you updated about my watching, and I´ll also try to explain my infatuation by the delightful Enterprise too.

[​IMG]

She really gets about, doesn´t she, Ome?​

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,149
    OMG - I could talk about this show with you and how I feel about it now....

I watched the series for the third time around Christmas and I still struggle with it, but it's more to do with how it hasn't aged well for me.
    I'm so excited about you taking these journeys, that I may start watching them again, but no rush.
    I have no idea what qualifies someone as a trekkie. I love the whole Trek Universe and how it all stretches between four quadrants, I love reading about the timeline and where everyone is from, but am I a Trekkie? I have no idea :lol:
    My oh my, she really is everywhere LOL

• Like Like x 1