1. Show your support for DALLAS in the battle of the soaps

The Character's Exit

Click here for more details
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are experiencing some issues and there may be some downtime to correct this. Apologies for any inconvenience

Dismiss Notice

Do You Think Ann Was Cliff's One Night Stand?

Discussion in 'Dallas TNT' started by BD Calhoun, Apr 2, 2017.

1. BD Calhoun

BD Calhoun Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +358
    Original Member Since:
    June 2001
    We all know Brenda Strong played Cliff's one night stand in a season 10 episode of original Dallas, but do you believe the character was Ann Ryland? She didn't have a name in that episode, and the new series never addressed it. I believe it falls under the ambiguous category, similar to whether or not people believe Wes Parmalee was Jock.

It came out during her trial that she picked up men while she was married to Harris, although she denied it. IMO, thinking of her running around on Harris with Cliff adds a little something extra to their one night stand. It would also have meant that Cliff slept with two of Bobby's wives since he slept with April that season as well.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. tommie
    Brooding

tommie Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,245
    Original Member Since:
    I dunno
    No.

Brenda apparently suggested it but since Cynthia Cidre was an idiot she rejected the idea.

So there you go.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +968
    Original Member Since:
    14 September 2001
    It's a great fanfic idea but beyond that I don't think so.

4. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,840
    The same could be said of Mitch Pileggi when he played a cowboy in an episode of Lorimar Dallas. When Jenna (now played by Priscilla Presley) was working at Billy Bob's three cowboys started flirting with Jenna when Bobby arrives to rescue his woman. One of those cowboys just happened to be Mitch. I'm sure he was playing an unaccredited character however he was listed in the end credits. That would have been some serious forward thinking on the writers part except Mitch returns to Dallas and ends up sharing scenes with JR in the sanitarium.

I do like the idea if it was revealed the woman Cliff had slept with was Ann Ryland, but for that to work Cynthia & Co would have had to watch the entire Lorimar Dallas series - and we all know that didn't occur.

How delicious it could have been when Ann and Harris, in one of there heated arguments, Ann blurts out, "Emma is not your daughter!"

Emma learns the truth that Cliff is her father, then the horrifying realization she had a threesome with her half-sister! :eck:

The Oil Baron's Ball is in full swing. The Ewing, Barnes, Ryland and Ramos families have already exchanged barbs. Emma has arrived with a concealed weapon. She is so enraged she begins opening fire. All characters topple like dominoes and lay motionless. Dramatic music ends the scene. We cut to a commercial break proving how Kellogg's Cornflakes can give you a fabulous figure.

Dramatic music returns us to the Oil Baron's Ball. We see Emma fall in slow motion since she has been shot by a veiled woman holding a smoking gun. Suddenly there is movement in the ballroom. JR, Bobby, Sue Ellen, John Ross, Christopher, Pamela Cooper and Cliff rise from the lifeless bodies. They stare bewildered by the events that have just occurred. The entire Ryland and Ramos family are dead.

"Hello Bobby," says the woman behind the veil. The Ewing and Barnes family look at the woman in utter disbelief as she lifts her veil - it's PAM!

End scene. End series. All is well in the Dallas Universe.

Methinks I've had too much caffeine :wall:

• Like Like x 6
  5. Toni
    Artistic

Toni Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,573
    Original Member Since:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    If my memory serves me well (and I´m re-watching that season at this moment), Cliff never got to sleep with April, though pairing with her would have made (a bit) more sense than the nonsense that was the Bobby-April union. Pileggi played two other characters on "Dallas", the only relevant being the psycho from the sanitarium in the penultimate Season Finale. I almost used this in my fanfic, though I eventually discarded it...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Karin Schill
    Fine

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,442
    Original Member Since:
    September 2004
    I think it would have been more interesting if she had been. Brenda certainly wanted to go down that route and it did have some potential. So it's a shame CC didn't like the idea.

Also I don't remember April ever sleeping with Cliff either. I think they were just friends.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,840
    Pity really. This would have given the character Ann some history and attachment to Lorimar Dallas. My Lorimar DVD collection ends at Bobby's death so my memories after this are foggy so I'm unclear of the circumstances where Brenda's no-name character has sexual relations with Cliff. If Brenda had informed Cynthia she had some history with Dallas then it's a real shame Ms. Cidre did not weave an interesting story around Ann. Bloody lazy actually. No surprise there.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Miss Texas 1967

Miss Texas 1967 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +376
    Mitch Pileggi also appeared in a larger role as a separate character, Morrisey, one of the guys in the sanitarium JR admitted himself to in season 13/14.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BD Calhoun

BD Calhoun Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +358
    Original Member Since:
    June 2001
    Really? I thought they did. Jamie caught them making out, and April said something like "imagine how she would have reacted if she'd shown up 5 minutes from now." I assumed they finished what they started.

10. Karin Schill
    Fine

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,442
    Original Member Since:
    September 2004
    I thought she was just flirting with him. I really don't think April and Cliff slept together.

• Like Like x 1