Does anybody know about MGTOW?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Snarky's Ghost, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,138
    One of my female friends recently said: "Women play the victim even when they get everything they wanted and asked for."

[​IMG]

Below are some interesting (and rather funny) responses to the above-mentioned article:

"Ah, the first line: "showing emotion". Quite different from the implication in the title that women are perverted lovers of schadenfreude."

"To expand it a bit further, that is why women don't like to see their men having a good time without them. They are misery mongers and that's what gets them off!!! Wow, men's anecdotal evidence is now science fact!!!"

Q: Why do divorces cost so much?
    A: They're worth it.

Q:Why do men die before their wives?
    A: They want to.

"Schadenfreude, thy name is Woman.. This explains a lot of 'domestic violence' - upset someone to enjoy it, & in primitive relationships (as though that were not in itself primitive), blows will result. 'At least it shows I mean something to him, officer..' "

"As a successful single bloke that does attract women I just can't be bothered. I don't see why I should give up a happy comfortable life to be emotionally blackmailed into giving up everything I like doing and spend all my time working and running around for another person. It must be my judgement that is flawed looking at the past so any woman I'm attracted to must be the same.

I'm aware and lots of people have told me the right person is out there but I have no idea who it is I'm not particularly missing their presence and I have no desire to go through a list of neurotic maniacs to find her. Occasionally I'm caught off guard and think women can't be all like that and I find myself with another mistake."

" But that doesn't mean the criticisms of women as a group are irrelevant. This study is dealing in an aggregate, and thus shows an aggregate effect, and that is what we have to deal with.

And, the fact is, our society is dominated by feminist/matrist ideology, which encourages many negative behaviours in women, including those complained about here. Males on the other hand are largely as a group denied any means to express criticism- being immediately derided as "sexist" or even the incredibly nasty barb "misogynist" if they do so. Hence, individual males, without a common voice which can be heard, end up either with coping strategies, or voicing their concerns in marginal areas like internets comment sections.

There are serious problems in the current hegemonic western female attitudes. For four decades now, men have had our noses rubbed in the bad behaviour of some of our gender fellows. No such process has been inflicted on women. There are good women out there. But there are a lot of bad ones too. It does a lot of good for everyone to say so."

'While the "aggressive" feminists may be a comparative minority ... the system allows any woman at any time to make false allegations, and/or attack with no little or no accountability, divorce on a whim with the massive majority likely to end up with the house, kids, money and continued income etc.

The "not all women are like that" idea doesn't really help anyone who finds out later on that the woman he is with is exactly like that - by that time she could have already attacked him, called the police and accused him of abuse, or started divorce proceedings for some arbitrary reason such as ... her friend's getting divorced.'

"Women like emotional drama because it fills their time and gives them something to natter about. They even lap up hours of fictionalised emotion on TV, mainly from soaps. They don't seem to go in for hobbies, sports or pubs as much as men."

"Why do women close their eyes during sex? They hate to see a man enjoying himself."

"A man is incomplete until married, then he's finished."

"Have we considered the converse - i.e. how men react when women are upset or troubled.

In my experience, men take a great deal of care over upset and troubled women, and do all that they can to make the source of their problems go away.

They even get in fights, and put each other in hospital, over this kind of thing.

And yet when a man is upset, women seem to enjoy it. And, I would argue, they intentionally manufacture situations which are guaranteed to leave men upset.

Could it be that society is actually not misogynistic, but mysandric?

Could it be that society is actually set up to cater to female interests, and not to male interests?

Could it be that there is no such thing as a 'patriarchy,' and this is nothing but a slur on all men from the truly privileged class?

Could it be that feminists use this libellous 'patriarchy' myth to consolidate their already greater power?

And to use the force of the state to expropriate ever more resources from men?

And to criminalise normal male behaviour, so that they can enjoy the sight of ever more men being imprisoned and punished?

No; all that would make FAR too much sense.

So just go back to sleep.

Or go back to watching the match.

Or whatever you were doing.

I am sorry to have bothered you."

"A misogynist is a man who hates women as much as women hate one another."
    H.L Mencken.

"Maybe for some women it's because their own emotional life is so much more complicated they can't accept that the emotional life, of the majority of men, is much less complicated.
    In my experience my fellow females can make an emotional drama out of the most casual of remarks. They piggy back on (or hijack) each others emotional and relationship sagas until it's all a horribly mushy mess, requiring tissues and something sweet to eat etc, etc and no one has any idea what anyone else is feeling and if they're honest, don't really care. And, for some strange reason, they feel better. I really disliked going to an all girls school.
    Are we women bonkers? Of course we are, but you knew that already."

Perhaps the most interesting comment:
    "I don't think it's anything intrinsic to women. My own personal belief is that the "nature" of men and women is far less different than most people on either the Right or the Left give credit for. It's simply that women are often allowed to get away with behaviour that wouldn't be tolerated in men, and so they act that way; what pop psychologists would call "acting out". It's the same with any favoured class; such as an old fashioned aristoricracy, who will indulge themselves in pettiness and arrogance that the rest of us wouldn't get away with."

"This is the problem with this kind of research. The interpretation. You have a fact (or at least, a possible fact), but what does it mean? That depends on the mental model of humans and human society that the researchers have. Unsurprisingly, the researchers at Political Correctness Central- Harvard Medical School- are unlikely to produce an interpretation which reflects negatively on women; and here we see that this apparently unpleasant female characteristic- taking pleasure in mens' unhappiness- is given a positive spin.

An alternative interpretation might be this; western women have a strong desire for dominance of relationships. This is so normal in our society that we barely notice it. Thus, a woman whose partner is happy is inclined to feel he must be getting his own way too much (too much from her own selfish desire for power). If her partner is unhappy on the other hand, that is a proxy indicator that the power balance is more in her favour than his, in which case she will feel contentment as a result of that power.

So, we may be seeing here an indicator of the harmful gender antagonism present in modern western relationships; in which women feel that in order to have power themselves, they must restrain, control and immiserate their partners. The relationship is seen not as a cooperative mutual effort but as a zero-sum game, on the Feminist model.

There are of course many other interpretations. What the researchers need to do, if they were proper scientists, is to devise experiments which will support or falsify their own interpretations. But they never do."

"It's a never-ending treadmill and it's never enough. There's an ancient quote: "The man's desire is for the woman, but the woman's desire is for the DESIRE of the man" - in other words they don't want you, just your desire, your constant ardour..."

"As someone said recently, 'Feminism: The haunting fear that some man, somewhere might be happy'."

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,138
    Interesting video, and some valid points. But men mostly make the laws and write the movie scripts. So how do we analyze that?

3. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,138
  4. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,138
    This guy routinely blames the melodrama of black women for turning the black community violent (and other things). He gets a lot of guff for his videos, but he can be pretty funny.

Beware some bad language and racial stereotyping. :)

And the pinned woman doesn't seem all that pinned to me -- she never drops her cigarette.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,228
    The extreme views aside, he is pretty funny and it's hard not to like him. And he's hot.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,138
    Yes, he's a little Chris Rock-ish in that he's not politically correct and justly knocks all sides.

I've rarely heard anything he's said that isn't mostly true -- unless he's being facetious.

7. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,138
    This is kind of a lengthy video, but from 1: 08 : 15 thru 1: 16 : 00 he goes into how black people have no concept of the extremity of white perversity, as evidenced by the behavior of white serial killers.

It's pretty funny...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,138
    Tommy Sotomayor takes on "Talcum X" (AKA: Jesse Williams) who gave that infamous BET Awards speech last year, who's now divorcing his black wife ... for a white woman!

I can't stop watching his videos.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,138
    Hmmmmm... While he's funny, and he's unafraid of being called a "sellout" or an "uncle tom" or an "oreo" because he's critical of African American culture, the more of Sotomayor I see, the more it becomes obvious that he indeed might be. Because he makes far too many excuses for the rightwingers and the Trumptards.

So many of the Men's Rights activists and the MGTOWs (although he's not MGTOW) blame the left for todays PC "gynocentric" stranglehold on the media and the culture, so they go too far in the other direction and embrace the conservative BS instead.

So I'm now a wee bit disappointed.

10. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,138
    This kind of says it all right here.... On THE VIEW, the women are arguing the old chivalrous attitude that a "man should never hit a woman" (even if she hits him first). Only Whoopi makes the rational counter-argument... And at no point do any of these ladies every even suggest that a woman not hit a man (except, of course, for Whoopi). In fact, the woman on the right seems to immediate presume victim status to a woman ("blaming the victim") when they're discussing a theoretical scenario in which a woman has hit a man but he hasn't yet hit her back --- so even when she's the sole violent member of the party, she's still the victim because of her gender.

PS: apparently age doesn't matter. Some studies (which you never hear in the mainstream media) show that mothers hit their diaper aged sons far more often than their daughters, or that fathers hit either gendered child. Hmmmmmmm....

• Like Like x 1
  11. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,138
    "...it's that any woman can."

Here's another interesting entry from Karen:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,138
    One wonders how someone as savvy as Sotomayor could vote for Trump -- but then the 2016 election had to do with cultural identity as opposed to policy. So he, and millions of others, were voting "against" the Democrats as opposed to "for" Republican policy.

13. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,138
    Take her home once, and she's comin' for half your stuff -- and maybe more than half...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-22/de-facto-myths-and-tips-after-a-split/8641622

Getting divorced without marriage: Your rights and responsibilities when a de facto relationship ends

ABC Radio Hobart
    By Carol Rääbus

[​IMG]

Who gets the flat-screen TV when a de facto relationship ends, and how long do you need to be in a relationship to be classified as de facto anyways?

Founder of DivorceAnswered.com Rachael Scharrer said any relationship in which people considered themselves to be committed in some way, without being related to each other, can be de facto.

"There's no timeline and there's no minimum time period," she told Ryk Goddard on ABC Radio Hobart.

"As long as you and your partner consider yourselves in a considered or committed relationship, and as long as other people recognise that, then you're in a de facto relationship."

By law, you do not even have to live full time with the person you are in a relationship with for it to count as de facto.

"There's a relationship called de facto by distance," Ms Scharrer said.

"Which means that even though you may not be living together exclusively and full time, as long as you stay in each other's house or home when you're in each other's local space, then you're definitely considered in a de facto relationship."

50-50 split?
    De facto couples have most of the same rights as married couples under Australian law, and that means they can often face the same issues when the relationship sours — like who gets to keep what.

"One of the myths is that people feel that at the end of the [de facto] relationship they don't need to split assets," she said.

"Just because assets might be in one person's name doesn't mean that the other partner can't make a claim on those assets, and it's also not [necessarily] split 50-50 at the end either."

While there is no legal contract of marriage to dissolve when a de facto relationship ends, just about everything else about the split is the same.

"Most endings of de facto relationships do need to go through a formalised uncoupling as some people call it," Ms Scharrer said.

"If there's no formal agreement at the end of a de facto relationship, then one of the couple may make a claim on the finances or assets for up to two years [after the split]."

Ms Scharrer said many states in Australia recommended couples in de facto relationships register with Births, Deaths and Marriages to have proof of their commitment, but this is not legally needed to give you de facto couple rights.

Children involved in a de facto relationship, whether they are related to both partners or not, have the same rights as children from married couples and the Family Court will make decisions regarding custody rights.

And the breakup of a de facto relationship can get just as nasty as a failed marriage, so getting legal advice might be your best option.

"At the end of any relationship some people do turn quite sour and can be nasty," Ms Scharrer said.

"Every separation, every break-up is so different and there are so many unique situations and elements to their relationships that only a legal professional will be able to advise specifically on their situation."

14. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,138
  15. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,138
    The latest hypocritical sports scandal --- Cam Newton's flip comments to a female reporter.

16. Frank Underwood

Frank Underwood Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +493
    I realize I'm late to the party, but I have so much to say about this post.
    So are we ignoring biology now by pretending women aren't traditionally weaker than men physically? I know there are exceptions to every rule, but there's usually a reason why conventional wisdom is conventional. Also, "Women and children first" was not intended to "protect possessions," its intent was to protect people deemed vulnerable. And I guarantee if men had pushed to save themselves first, feminists would have a problem with that as well. The rule of thumb is if a man does something, it must be for sexist reasons.

That said, if a woman declined the help, I think that request should be honored. A selfless act should not be forced on someone if they can indeed take care of themselves.

Women can certainly be war mongers, whether they fight on the battlefield or not.

And I honestly don't get the push against gendered toys and colors. Again, it just seems like feminists want to tear down everything conventional. I have nothing against girls playing with toy soldiers or boys playing with dolls, but why does it matter what toys they have before they can talk? If they don't like them later on, give them away. Same thing with colors. If a boy grows up and wants his room painted pink, so be it. If a girl wants her room painted blue, that's also fine. I just don't see the need to push against gender norms for babies.

Exactly. They wanted to call all the shots, yet offered nothing in return.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Frank Underwood

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +493
    There's a brilliant anti-feminist on YouTube who goes by the screen name "shoeonhead." Of course, by "anti-feminist," I mean she's against what feminism has morphed into. She's done many videos on the subject, and this is one of my favorites. She uses humor to dismantle feminist double standards, trolling, and twisting compliments into insults. The fact that it comes from a woman's perspective is encouraging. She also addresses how women who don't call themselves feminists are skewered by the feminazis. Now that's female empowerment!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Frank Underwood

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +493
  19. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,138
    Sometimes I wonder if late third wave is really just some brilliant rightwing intelligence scheme to weaken and stupefy the political left.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,138
    I love his moniker: "Misandry Today"

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 5)