Does anyone have any idea why Alexis might have left for England?

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by RottenSkipper17, Jan 19, 2018.

1. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +126
    I know that the show really hasn't addressed it in its entirety yet but it keeps on dropping hints every now and then of Alexis. But the one question I have is why did Alexis abandon her family and run off to England in the first place? Does anybody have any possible theories or ideas on what could have possibly driven her to just simply walk away from everything that she's ever known?

2. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +398
    Midlife crisis? An affair? Alcoholism? Drugs? Fashion? Well, probably fashion. It's always about the fashion.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. The holiday Whore

The holiday Whore Soap Chat Superstar

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,766
    Tax evasion?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,948
    That's always what they get you on.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The holiday Whore

The holiday Whore Soap Chat Superstar

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,766
    Unborn baby killings are harder to nail you on. Especially if you haven't actually laid a finger on the victim/victims.

Oh dear... I'm mixing up my first Mrs Carringtons.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +126
    There might have been somewhat of a lingering stigma surrounding abortion in the 90s but I seriously doubt that anyone would have legally prosecuted a woman just for simply having one. I feel like there have to have been something more serious than that for Alexis to move to another country in the first place. Tax evasion seems like a logical theory. However, I wonder if maybe Blake wasn't the only one cheating in the marriage. Maybe Alexis was also having an affair with Cecil and Blake somehow found out and that could be the real reason why Cecil is in jail. Maybe the whole drug thing was just a convenient excuse.

7. Dalek Avery

Dalek Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,643
    This set of writers seem intent on putting their own "stamp" on the established stories of these characters, so it's anyone's guess at this point. Moving to England may have been just a reflex since they've pretty much told us Sheridan's Alexis will be British-born. She may have retreated there because it felt safe/secure, and perhaps she had family there to live with (like a bitchy younger sister named Sable---please please please). As for the impetus to leave? I'm sure Blake and Alexis will have wildly different versions of the events, as usual.

• Like Like x 2