Donna Mills will star in a new soap

Discussion in 'Knots Landing' started by Toni, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Toni

Toni Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,108
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    upload_2018-2-13_12-13-54.jpeg upload_2018-2-13_12-14-1.jpeg

PureFlix is debuting Hilton Head Island, a Christian soap opera starring Antonio Sabato Jr. (ex-Dante Damiano, The Bold and the Beautiful), Donna Mills (ex-Madeline Reeves, General Hospital), and Michael Swan (ex-Duncan McKechnie, As the World Turns; ex-Adam Alexander, B&B) this weekend.
    Christian soap fans will no doubt be in heaven this weekend, because religious entertainment company PureFlix.com is debuting its new soap opera (or rather "hope opera").

As soapcentral.com previously reported, the half-hour drama -- called Hilton Head Island -- stars major daytime actors like Antonio Sabato Jr. (ex-Dante Damiano, The Bold and the Beautiful), Donna Mills (ex-Madeline Reeves, General Hospital), and Michael Swan (ex-Duncan McKechnie, As the World Turns; ex-Adam Alexander, B&B).

Inspired by shows like All My Children, General Hospital, and Falcon Crest, Hilton Head Island aims to deliver entertaining soap drama -- just without language, sex, and violence surprises. Instead, it focuses on the power of prayer and faith as a fictional family in South Carolina deals with a crisis that threatens to destroy their personal and professional lives.

According to an official press release, the series follows the Trisk family, which owns the fictional ISLE Television Network. When the family patriarch Daniel Trisk -- played by Swan -- falls seriously ill, his family begins battling over control of the media empire, while employing the power of prayer and faith to avoid ruining the family's legacy.

"We have very high hopes for Hilton Head Island as it represents the next step for us in terms of our original series lineup," said Greg Gudorf, CEO of PureFlix.com. "This 'hope opera' is designed to show that there's a place for strong values and wholesomeness even when dealing with modern-day issues and drama."

Hilton Head Island will be released exclusively on PureFlix.com in three-episode blocks. The first seven episodes will be available Friday, November 10, followed by two other episode blocks in subsequent weeks.

Source: http://soapcentral.com/soapcentral/news/2017/1108-pureflix_christian_hope_opera.php

More info:
    The writer is "Falcon Crest"´s Bob McCullough and, surprise, the ill patriarch is played by Michael Swan, the very original Richard Channing in the unaired FC Pilot "The Vintage Years". Another familiar face (or body) is Antonio Sabato Jr., that infamous ex-husband of Amanda in "Melrose Place", and currently a Trumpy politician wannabe. Let´s hope that Sabato appears shirtless very often...and, especially, that Donna Mills´ character is really big! IMDB lists a total of 22 episodes.

Thanks to dear @E-JULIAN for the news!

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. E-JULIAN

E-JULIAN Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +99
    A shirtless hunk in a Christian Soap Opera???!!! Forget it dear... No space for lust or sex in a "Hope Opera" just prayers, suffering people kneeling... and big candles!

Antonio interviewed about this series and his political aspirations in Fox:
    http://video.foxnews.com/v/5729893354001/

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Mel O'Drama

Mel O'Drama Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,359
    Donna once advised Carrie Prejean to "shut her mouth". I wonder what she'll have to say to Antonio.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,882
    I am confused, from the publicity photo they've released they've got Donna front and center so you think she's going to play a main character on this show. But when I checked IMDB she was only listed for one episode. :confused:

So does she play a main character in this one and they are wrong or is she just doing a one episode guest stint and they are using her name to get publicity for the show since she's the most famous out of the bunch?

I'd be grateful if anyone can shed some light on this for me.

5. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,811
    Promotional material for this show was released a while back (note in the article it said the first block of episodes was released Nov. 10th), but the fledgling subscription service (think: Netflix) it was released on is not very well-known, so I haven't heard anything since. Though the show is set on HHI, it was filmed elsewhere (other than a few establishing shots and various scenery). There was even a hint back in November that Tim Tebow would make a guest appearance, though I never heard any follow-up on that, either. Shirtless hunk indeed! [/pant pant]

• Like Like x 1
  6. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,005
    "Pure Flix"... I can't :lol:

Yeah, all soap viewers really want a sexless soap.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Damien

Damien Soap Chat Newbie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw the promo for this and it looked very amateurish to be honest :(

8. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,882
    Well if anyone does watch this, let me know how many episodes Donna appears in, ok?