Douglas in season two and beyond

Discussion in 'Falcon Crest' started by Arlene Halloran, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Arlene Halloran

Arlene Halloran Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +559
    Medals:
    Could you have pictured Douglas running THE GLOBE with Richard in season two and beyond? Was there really room for Angela's first husband in the show apart from sort of setting the scene in the first year.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gioberti84

Gioberti84 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +617
    Medals:
    I don't think so. Doug was very much a secondary character in season 1 and introducing Richard the way they did was better for the show.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,864
    Medals:
    Yeah, Douglas was a bit of a bore (if we don't count his retconned bed hopping and baby stealing) and certainly trading him in for Richard was the way to go. Perhaps if he had been a more dynamic character he might have been worth keeping around, and if one of Richard's father was to be spared I'd rather it be Henri Denault.

4. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Hero

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,355
    Medals:
    I think they killed Douglas off too soon. He would have been an interesting character to have brought back as either an adversary for Angela or someone to support her when things went against her. I don't think there was room for him in the first few seasons and it would have changed the dynamic of the relationship that Richard was trying to build with Angela and her daughters.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Chloe-Fusco

Chloe-Fusco Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +538
    Medals:
    Douglas was alright. He was boring that is for sure but he always seemed to be a gentleman. While I could understand Jacqueline's twist in season six, as in Peter's letter what he said was out of character for Douglas.

• Agree Agree x 1