Dynasty cancelled in '19?

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by TJames03, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,199
    Medals:
    Yes, if enough people on Netflix watch it, that's a sure bank for the show to continue. On German Netflix the rating it good, so most people give it a thumbs up.

2. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,628
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    In Spain people must still be calling it "Falcon Crest" and looking for the drunk wife...

3. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,267
    The finances make sense as long as CW and Netflix share the cost, which they do in a way with the distribution deal. And both entities have decided they will stick no matter what, so save a global catastrophe (like Robert Iger becoming CEO of CW or Netflix) a season 3 is certain.

4. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +436
    That show IS a global catastrophe !
    It was going in the right way in the last episodes of season 1 but because of some stupid decisions (which may come from the president of CW itself) it is now a big mess. Killing Celia and remplacing her by a bitchy girl are two ENORMOUS mistakes !!
    The last episode proved it once more, every time the reboot is following the steps of the original show, it does a good job. Every time it does its own way, it heads straight for disaster.

5. lbf522

lbf522 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +204
    They killed off Cristol because the actress wanted to leave which is a shame. I like the series. I love the focus on Fallon and making her a businesswoman and Kirby is fun to watch. I like Blake and Steven.

6. ChrisSumner

ChrisSumner Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +258
    She was fired she didn’t quit, which is why she revealed months in advance Cristal would die in the cliffhanger.

7. lbf522

lbf522 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +204
    I am

OK Thanks. I read that she quit.

8. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,878
    I've never been a fan of the simplistic "Thumbs Up" or "Thumbs Down" approach from Netflix. It's so simplistic it can warrant a false negative/positive from viewers. Take the case of Dynasty. One week I'd give it a thumbs down, the next, a thumbs up. But does that approach really reflect my thoughts on this reboot. The same applies with other offerings from Netflix. If they really wish to understand the value of a product they should implement a simple score system of 1 out of 10. We simply use the arrow up or down on our TV remote or computer and scroll and lock in our desired score.

Until Netflix decides to introduce such a system I refuse to use their idiotic "thumbs."

9. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,199
    Medals:
    They had a five star rating system for ages until two years ago or so, but then changed it for only thumbs up/thumbs down.
    The problem was, you could not rate the single episodes with the star system either, just the whole show.
    But even if you COULD rate every single episode of - for example - a 160+ episodes show.... it would often result in a mediocre score for the whole show, because many series have good and bad times, most of them bad towards the end.
    So... to be honest, i don't see any proper way for those rating systems, no matter how you do it, maybe that's why they just went with those stupid thumbs in the end.?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,878
    Thanks Matthew. I wasn't aware Netflix had a score rating as I subscribed to Netflix last year.

11. Gabriel Maxwell

Gabriel Maxwell Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Breezy fragrant vineyards of Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +1,886
    TV's Grim Reaper - one of the original guys behind TV By The Numbers site who sold it in 2015, but continued to blog and tweet about the ratings - has this to say about the show's prospects for a 3rd season renewal:

Dynasty – terrible ratings, but a Netflix deal + the need to renew at least two CBS produced shows likely get it renewed.

https://www.tvgrimreaper.com/2019/0...-19-the-conners-is-likely-to-be-renewed/4322/

He accurately predicted the show's 2nd season renewal weeks before the announcement was made based on similar reasons (though his track record may not always be as excellent as it used to be given the increasingly complicated media climate today).

• Thanks Thanks x 1