Dynasty On Cbs Drama

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by Carrie Fairchild, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Carrie Fairchild

Carrie Fairchild Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,179
    As of Monday 12th of February, Dynasty is back on UK digital channel CBS Drama. It'll air three times a day, 10am, 6pm and 10pm.

I know it's been rerun on that channel a number of times before but it's been a few years now since the last repeat. Also, it's good to see soaps making a return to the channel.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. AndyLaird

AndyLaird Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +170
    Definitely good news - since going free-to-air that channel has been a shadow of its old self. I really wish they'd show Falcon Crest again.

I wonder if they will air the same version as the DVDs or if they will include the "Last time on Dynasty" clips. I've often wondered if the DVD versions are always complete or if they used the syndication edits, in which case there may be additional scenes?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Carrie Fairchild

Carrie Fairchild Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,179
    Yes, they'd a lot of reality content on the channel for a while. Judge Judy and for some reason Wheel of Fortune, are still on the schedule but at least with the addition of Dynasty and also ER, they're moving back towards their "drama" remit.

4. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,924
    I wish one of the commercial television stations here in Oz would do it. They have multiple digital channels and fill it up with endless repeats like Mash, Everybody Loves Raymond, Friends, Frasier (that show wasn't funny the first time around), Becker. You get my drift. Why not repeat a show like Dynasty, Falcon Crest or Knots Landing? I don't believe I've ever known any of the channels here in Oz to do it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AndyLaird

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +170
    Well we've now seen how the pilot was aired as a three-parter - basically they just copied and pasted the same end credits to conclude all three parts.

For the opening of parts 2 and 3, they used the white text version of the season 1 credits. No effort was made to add the writer/director/producer credits over the opening scenes of parts 2 and 3.

Would this editing have been done by CBS Drama, or is this how it was shown in syndication on US television when the pilot was divided into three parts?

Incidentally the closing credits abruptly change right at the end, to the white text "Fox Cat" production credit over a different picture of Filoli. (That's the same as my (UK) DVD, though.)

It all looks a bit amateurish to be frank.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,940
    Sometimes in syndication the writer/director/producer credits over the opening scenes of parts 2 and 3 were there; sometimes not.

If the station just had the three hour pilot and divided it themselves, then care wasn't always taken with that. If the station had the pre-edited version, then of course the writer/director/producer credits over the opening scenes of parts 2 and 3 was present.
    Yes, sloppy.

• Like Like x 1
  7. E-JULIAN

E-JULIAN Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I know Dynasty has been aired previously on CBS DRAMA. Someone remembers if they included the "last time on Dynasty" segment at the beginning of each episode??? Just wondering...

8. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +2,590
    I once had a VHS copy of the pilot how it was aired in the UK on BBC, and it aired as 2-parter, which i found very interesting at the time.
    I remember the 1st part ending with the airplane scene with Blake and Krystle and 2nd part started when all the flowers and food and stuff for the wedding are delivered to the mansion (and I liked that much more than how CBS splitted the pilot later for the DVDs).

On the beginning of that 2nd part, they (BBC??) really made the efforts to edit the producers/writers/director into the opening scene, although the type font they used for that was not the angular one that was used later in the show, but the original smooth Aurora font that was used in the opening credits!
    I sadly lost that VHS tape one day. :(

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  9. Julia's Gun

Julia's Gun Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +153
    This is promising - if we all keep watching it might encourage them to show Falcon Crest or Knots again. The picture quality is very good on this channel, and its so nice to come in from work and see your fave old show in the schedule again.

You can send feedback and suggestions to them here: http://www.cbsdrama.tv/uk/contact.php

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Tony

Tony Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +175
    Re-watching Season 1 on CBS drama (which is very good), did anyone else make the connection of Krystle's good luck/house warming present of the Chinese cricket on the hearth - with Ted Dinard banging his head on the hearth by the end of the episode?

I'm sure the Dynasty writers were superstitious as Adriana the fortune teller pops up in Season 2 to predict Cecil's death.

• Like Like x 3
  11. AndyLaird

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +170
    Has anybody been watching the CBS Drama showings? No "Last time on Dynasty" segments, but I don't know if they are exactly the same as the DVDs or if there are any differences, extra scenes etc.?