nuDynasty Episode Chat Dynasty S2E05 "Queen of Cups"

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017 Episode Threads' started by Michael Torrance, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,258
    If the execs want to go for character conflict (big if with this show) they have set it up well, much like in the original. Cristal thinks that Blake is a very forgiving person even after she lied to him, but then she finds out that nothing has changed when it comes to controlling and manipulating the lives of others. Or in the words of someone who said it first...
    I actually like Blake this way. I don't want him to be a cardboard villain, but someone expecting to always get his way.

That's because unlike others on the forum, the peach Dynasty producers do NOT have binge viewing marathons of their own show. Ergo, inconsistencies such as this (hardly the only one)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,258
    I saw that scene as well on the CW. While US shows do often have bonus scenes for other countries where commercial breaks are shorter (The Bold and the Beautiful for instance) I don't know if that is such a case.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. AZLiam

AZLiam Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +129

Ah, yes. And, it was one of my favorite scenes from original Dynasty:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,258
    I completely agree with you that this is inferior to the original, especially the early seasons which were top-notch. Not just the scene but even the imagery in the original was iconic, as well as establishing for the viewer that this show has a thought-out arc where the writers can give us hints of the future because they know what that future will be. Not so with peach Dynasty, which is planned maybe 3-5 episodes ahead at the most. But whether we fans of the original like what the reboot is doing or not, I must begrudgingly admit this is Dynasty, unlike, say, the Cidre monstrosity of Dallas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,012
    Medals:
    Yup. X)

6. Zable

Zable Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +651
    I don’t think it’s a matter of your mind wandering, Daniel. I think you missed the scenes because you were looking at their faces, focused on what they were saying, not what they were doing with their hands. Neither the pill nor the chess game was mentioned.

In Ep 4, Cristal II and Blake were chatting in the study when Cristal said “You’re strong. Strong people have a hard time accepting help when it’s offered.” As she said this, she handed Blake a pill, which he accepted without question and washed down with his drink. Similarly in Ep 5, Blake and Anders were chatting as they played, but didn’t talk about their chess moves. The scene was one of 2 cut-aways during Alexis’s personal session with Adriana.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Zable

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +651
    What’s a rich man with no company to run going to do but expire, eh?

I can get on board with this. I have wondered about an Alexis-Jeff coupling. Jeff is so restless when it comes to women: he has/had Kirby at home giving him benefits (that seem to be the suggestion), yet he was hooking up with the chick from the card game on top of bringing the topic of Alexis up with Kirby. …Could also explain why Jeff and Monica haven’t been given too much to do on the show – not characters for the very long term. But in the meantime, I can’t see Kirby wanting to see Jeff being Alexis’s toyboy.

Then again, ….

What’s a rich man with no company to run going to do but expire. Smoke and mirrors.

Blake. The man who has a gold-digger of an ex-wife, and a daughter who’s all about her and her own life; who's also lost his second wife and two sons plus the family company he inherited.

Blake in the study, popping a pill. Blake in the art gallery, hand on chest. Blake playing chess and Anders saying: “Particularly if you have the money to write your own ending.”

Anyone else get the idea that Blake’s the one heading for a heart attack, that maybe he’ll be the one to kick the bucket? It’s not like this dynasty revolves around him.

8. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,012
    Medals:
    Noooo, don't take Blake away! :( I actually am intrigued by his character, I want to see how things'll turn out. Besides, Adriana's prediction seemed to point *away* from Blake, towards another man... Course I could be clinging at straws, here. :( I hope not.

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  9. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,258
    I wouldn't worry. Adriana on peach Dynasty is not like Adriana on DYNASTY. Her warning "he will expire" probably refers to his Atlanta-Journal Constitution subscription.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Zable

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +651
    ^
    In defense of nuAdriana, she never named the man who would expire. :)

11. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,469
    Medals:
    If Jeff is indeed the victim, then Alexis would also inherit his voting stake in Carrington-Atlantic, I guess, giving her an independent fortune as well as an excuse to stick her nose in C-A business.

This whole back-story about the fake Rembrandt (which apparently is not the only fake in Blake's collection) along with Steven's paternity gives the impression that Alexis had been engaging in these various schemes and lies for the entirety of her marriage. For someone so good at lying, scheming, and fooling everyone during her younger years, she sure can't engineer a decent scam to save her life nowadays. You'd think she would be better at her schemes as she ages, having learned from her mistakes, but she seems to be going in reverse.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,258
    They started her trashification from the present and it slowly moves back through her past until in the end she will be pure trash--adopted even by her rich parents from some trailer.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Zable

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +651
    Then the scene ended with Blake giving him a contemplative look. This is a man good at keeping secrets and playing his cards close to his chest.

And yet, the fates may look kindly upon her. What if ...Blake leaves whatever is left of his fortune to Anders? ….Then Anders and Alexis marry?

14. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,744
    Medals:
    Lovely episode, and you have to pay attention to all the details.

I liked all the music that was used in this scene
    upload_2018-11-13_4-18-17.png

The divorce ceremony was all kinds of adorable...
    upload_2018-11-13_4-20-5.png
    ...but I feel he's trying to manipulate Fallon every time they are together, while Culhane is fighting for their future.
    He's a snake!

Oh...just a friend?
    upload_2018-11-13_4-30-45.png
    What a slut!

• Like Like x 1
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  15. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,258
    I am beginning to understand your view of characters. I am of course getting more worried the more I comprehend how your preferences work, but I increase my understanding nonetheless. :lmao:

16. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,744
    Medals:
    I take that as (yet another) disagreement. And how very Adam of you to paint me as a person with disturbing thoughts.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,802
    Well I did say in an earlier posting there is something just a little unsettling with Liam. Don't get me wrong as I've enjoyed the character/actor since his first introduction but I'm left wondering what the writers have in store for the character since he doesn't yet appear in the opening credits. If the viewers have warmed to the character/actor, I would have thought that message would have been heard loud and clear by the producers. I'll keep an eye on the posts here on soapchat as I've checked out of Dynasty.

18. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,800
    Medals:
    To be fair, a lot of it seems down to Blake basically ignoring Alexis after Adam was kidnapped and throwing himself into work. I imagine it's easier to scheme if you have someone who'll constantly look the other way - even Blake admitted that if he had put the dates together he might've figured out Steven's paternity would be questionable.

19. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,258
    Well, preferences to be accurate (it even states so). But while I appreciate the compliment, I think Adam would be much more talented than merely posting with a smilie.

20. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,012
    Medals:
    Wow. Never took you for a prude: a single woman accepting a kiss from a single man, we MUST alert the church elders! :lol:

• Funny Funny x 4