1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dynasty: Season 7 Thoughts

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by JROG, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Zara

Zara Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Like A Sleeping Dog
    Ratings:
    +317
    Even if they did refer to season 7 and the headaches, Blake wasn't even with Krystle at that time, as he was in jail, and told Krystle to go see a doctor when her dizzy spells began (after the accident). And if Blake had known about the "illness" all the way back to/from season 2, with the miscarriage, how come he wasn't frantic when Krystle first of all had an accident and blows to the head (serious or not) and then began feeling dizzy and weak? Blake would naturally think of the illness lying dormant in her body and realize he had to get out and take her to a doctor without her finding out too much about the real condition. The doctor Krystle went to for her spells after the accident could just have easily revealed Blake's big secret and told her; Oh I'm sorry, but you have a massive tumor in your head.
    Or the doctors at the hospital when she came in after Michael and Blake pulled her out. Blake missed to inform them about a dormant plate-monster in her head. :dance:

This was somewhat dishonest writing and usage of the Dynasty-saga's history.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle EXP: 19 Years

Threads:
    INFJ
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +9,209
    I've reconciled that Blake's mother died in that fire in the mid-'50s, and that he'd lied to Fallon that he'd only been "four" to protect her from the truth, just like he never mentioned Adam to her.

And I've also decided that Blake's mother was a member of the "oldest and most respected" Fallon family of Colorado, a family who cut Ellen Lucy Fallon off once she married that ne'er do well Pennsylvanian Presbyterian preacher, Tom (I never liked his name as it reminds me of Audra's father). After the war, when Blake took up wildcatting in his mother's home state, his father, in an attempt to mend fences, offered financial help he'd obtained by moving those Nazis to Brazil or wherever. Blake was suspicious of these new resources, but he needed the assistance. But that's why his mother was able to leave Blake that crater.

I would have the Season 9 doctor point out that the head injury occurred seven years earlier with Krystle's fall from Champ, but her symptoms were markedly exacerbated by the limo accident (which was never mentioned in S9). But while her headaches increased during S7, I would literally have her become a clairvoyant healer in Season 8. I swear, I would've --- what is the point of a saintly deity in Denver with huge migraines (one with a name which is the feminine spelling of "Christ") and then not doing anything about it....?? Krystle, the character, simply has no meaning if she doesn't eventually succumb to a pattern of psychic holiness just prior to her sacrificial semi-death on a Swiss mountaintop!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  3. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +936
    Krystle channeling Ramtha during the final seasons would have been awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Star EXP: 2 Years

Threads:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +4,060
    In seasons 1, 2 and 3, it was important that Blake was not old money and Cecil was--hence Cecil's deathbed outburst about Blake's nails being dirty in bed with Alexis, dirty with oil from his "Carrington Rig #1." I think it also made sense why Blake would have such a palatial estate compared to Cecil, because he was not old money and wanted to show he had arrived.

Then they decided to bring Tom in (whom they hardly used) and then Dominique and Ben, and even Paulsen's Nazi treasure plot hinged on the Carrington family having an established name as far back as the time Tom was the patriarch so that they would do anything to protect that name.

In a long-running soap (as opposed to a series with a defined ending and number of seasons) it may become necessary to revise the past in order to create more story. I don't like it, but I understand it. But it would show respect to the audience to have someone give a little bit of the revisionist explanation, as some story or some hidden secret.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Enthusiast EXP: 14 Years

Threads:
    enjoying life
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,555
    Okay, i just watched episode 2 of season 9. Near the end Blake has this conversation with Virginia:

V: Blake, what's wrong with her?
    B: Did Krystle ever write to you and tell you about the time she was hurt riding a couple of years ago?
    V: Mm-hm. It caused the miscarriage.
    B: We were expecting our first child then. We had such hopes.
    V: She wrote how crushed you were.
    B: Did she tell you that when she fell, that she struck her head? All these years i've held back from talking about it. Maybe it's time now...

I knew it! :p

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Michael Torrance

Threads:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +4,060
    Well I had only looked only at what was said in season 2. I guess that was one of Paulsen's rewrites, although how 7 years counts as a "couple of years" makes me think someone else (Blake? Paulsen?) may have had a tumor too.

7. Zable

Zable Soap Chat TV Fanatic EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +869
    One gets to erase history and write a new history when one reboots a show, doesn’t one? Like erase Daniel and Amanda from everyone’s lives, and make lands historically owned by Daniel now historically owned by Colterton and Carrrington; and have Alexis talk about their 3 children.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ray&Donna

Ray&Donna Soap Chat Dream Maker

Threads:
    Author
    Ratings:
    +2,904
    Amanda is to DYNASTY what Chuck Cunningham was to HAPPY DAYS and Judy Winslow was to FAMILY MATTERS. Once they stop appearing, they ceased to exist. Only in Amanda's case it was more jarring, as her wedding had been a huge plot point for the show.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Star

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,247
    Ah, yes, there's a trope called, "The Chuck Cunningham Syndrome."

• Like Like x 1
  10. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle EXP: 19 Years

Threads:
    INFJ
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +9,209
    Eugene Barkley

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Star

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,247
    Oh yeah, him. I only ever saw him in one episode, and didn't like him. Glad he ended up leaving.

12. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Enthusiast EXP: 14 Years

Threads:
    enjoying life
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,555
    Connie didn't seem to like him either, judging by that "get lost you filthy little whoooore"-look ...

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Zara

Zara Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Like A Sleeping Dog
    Ratings:
    +317
    After Rita is scared off by the horse Blake bought her, Blake phones Dr Tyler to ask for an appointment. In this conversation Blake says: No, it has nothing to do with the symptoms.

1. What symptoms?
    2. "Krystle" hadn't been to the doctor for this one, as "Dr Travers" was the first, so no one else knew about her supposed infection (causing the "headaches").
    3. How do Blake know it has nothing do with the mysterious symptoms? How does Blake know what has got to do with the symptoms (or not) if he doesn't even know what is wrong with her?
    4. Is he - rather blurry - talking about the dormant monster of miscarriage in Krystle? TPTB inserted this as a safety precaution if LE had talked about leaving? Was this the plan all along for Krystle if LE departed before the show's real ending, and the love between her and Blake, which craved an explanation if one left? Am I giving the behind-the-scene people too much credit, as to so many wasted years, moments and plot lines? ;)
    5. Is it simply a manuscript slip up, that let us believe Blake had talked to the doctor behind K:s back and described her condition told by Joel/Dr Travers? This could be the case because he also says: I know something is wrong, suggesting prior knowledge between the two. It seems not enough words are used -if that was the first time he discussed the situation with a doctor he knows.
    6. Season 7 continues this as K:s check up with the dizziness has been suggested as the one Blake is referring to in season 9 at the doctor's office when K is ill for real. But as already proven this doesn't add up either. And we, the audience, has nothing to relate to if this is a scene "off screen". Shitty writing once again?
    7. Is Krystle sick the whole time she is in Denver? Was the mansion and the marriage just a day dream from a broken down person trapped in her own sci-fi space craft symbolized by a hairdo not of this world?

The picture is scattered all over the place.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  14. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Warrior EXP: 12 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +9,381
    But surely a season of a soap opera isn't reflective of a year? That's how we see it as there is one new season every year. However there are 365 days in a year and we usually see between 22 - 30 episodes of a soap during a season. Some episodes cover a day, some cover a couple of days, some cover a week. It's hard to say how much time passes in a soap opera season, but it clearly cant be a year. If every episode covered a week we would need 52 episode seasons. So I don't know. I guess two seasons could be more reflective of a year.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Michael Torrance

Threads:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +4,060
    While that is certainly a creative license shows have, DYNASTY did not choose that road. In 1984 we had the second birthday of Little Blake born in 1982, for instance. Also the campaign Krystle was in charge of in 84 stated that it was Denver Carrington's 25 years of excellence, and had the actual years. It was rather the opposite: the show actually had an accelerated year in its 8-9 months, as every season was supposed to be a year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Fan EXP: 2 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +725
    Yes but at the same time Kirby was pregnant for about a year (and yet she delivered the baby prematurely !!) and Fallon was pregnant for something like a year and a half in "The Colbys". :lol:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Michael Torrance

Threads:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +4,060
    We know Jeff and his DNA are not that quick on the uptake... ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Well-Known Member EXP: 11 Months

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +974
    That's all Alexis. Saying she gave birth to 4 kids when she officially has only 3. And saying she has only 3 when she officially has 4.
    That woman has nerve.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,614
    Amanda was a c-section and anything but vaginal doesn't count in Alexis's eyes.

Problem solved!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Well-Known Member EXP: 11 Months

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +974
    Or maybe Alexis simply refuses the idea of having given birth to Karen Cellini.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1