1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dynasty: Season 7 Thoughts

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by JROG, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Warrior EXP: 12 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +9,381
    I think Pam Ewing dreamt Amanda.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,614
    Amanda was Dynasty's most iconic character. x

3. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Warrior EXP: 12 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +9,381
    HILDA GUNNERSON

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,614
    Gert Glennson x

5. Luke Fuller

Luke Fuller Soap Chat Member EXP: 1 Year

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +83
    I watched season 7 after a year again. I forgot how boring some episodes are, especially around Krystina plotline. If there are words describing the atmosphere , it must be chaos or helpless. Horrible and useless re-casting of Amanda, degradation of Dominique as a main character, extremely quick and unbeliveable change of character of Ben in the middle, loss of Amanda, Caress and Michael Culhane inside the season, reverse of Steven from happy homosexuality to sexual impotence, everything around Sarah character... I do not buy Alexis living in the mansion (everytime I feel it is just a set, it lacks the depth and details). Krystle, Steven and Dana are very often useless in episodes (first two in 7A, the latter in 7B). The story seems to lack details and continuation. Did a witness lie about the fire in La Mirage and Blake as a arsonist? Who cares? Did Claudie die in the fire? Steven and Danny did not care at all. Was Michael Culhane involved in an illegal business with Neal McVane? Nobody is interested. Is really Amanda in London? Who is Amanda? Why did Alexis loose Denver Carrington and South China Sea leases? The business community in Denver (including Colbyco stockholders) is not interested. It is possible to live with a second heart for a long time? Do not tell the mother. What happened to The Crater after Blake had gotten the share from Michael? Dex and Nick had different problems. How is it possible that a sexy woman calling from Australia changed into a Vera Nesbitt? How is it possible that Ben was on the run ahead of mafia from Macao when at the same time he became sort of a celebrity in the USA and his face was printed many times in the news? How is it possible that Blake offered 180 milions to Michael for his share of The Crater? (Maybe Dominique sold another company overseas.) How is it possible that Ben and Alexis signed out legal document about lying to the court about the death of Ellen Carrington? (in Hongkong, for a purpose for Chinese government!) What was in the press release of Krystle about getting back Denver Carrington? Never discovered. Mistake after mistake... Of course, there were some good moments. Caress was perfect, at least in first two episodes. Dana become a main character, at least according to opening credits. Alexis and Blake as a loving couple. Identity crisis of Adam/Michael (unfortunately with re-writing the story from season 3), more space for Gordon Wales and the staff in the mansion, sexy Heather Locklear, acting of Pat Crowley, return of Neal McVane, chemistry between Sammy Jo and Clay in 7A... After all, it is the worst season for me. And it is the reason why season 8 seems so fresh and coherent for me.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle EXP: 19 Years

Threads:
    INFJ
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +9,209
    Yep. That's our DYNASTY.

At least Season 8 relaxes, as I've said before. It was obvious no one cared anymore -- and that was to the show's benefit. The writing may have been as dumb as ever, but there was no one there damning the Carrington River and preventing a natural flow from occurring.... except of course for those absurdly (and totally unnecessary) blurry close-ups the producers demanded Joan and Linda receive during Season 8, much like the S.A.D. since S3, the brass never acknowledged was an abject failure, and were maintained until Paulsen stopped them shortly into S9.

Oh, the creative pathologies... Why wasn't anybody on set with the power and objectivity to say "stop that!!" ???

Even the Carringtons can barely watch their own show without griping or nodding off:
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Star EXP: 2 Years

Threads:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +4,060
    Let's not forget that season 8 has a season-long arc, unfolding to eventually include all the characters. That is a long way from the discombobulated start/stop seasons 6 and 7, and to a lesser degree even season 5 (though the Amanda arc does give it a semblance of coherence).
    Of course there are plenty many problems in season 8 as well, from the wasted characters (Leslie) to bad acting (Sean) to formulaic (surrogacy) and dropped (Cecil's death) plots, and of course the horrible close-ups. But I can re-watch season 8 knowing that there will be stupid parts. I can't watch season 6A or season 7B, anything around Rita, Moldavia, Kristina and Sarah Curtis. I really can't. I can watch season 6 up to the Rita switcheroo and then not until Steven and Bart Fallmont fight each other and their erections in "Suspicions," where Caress also appears. And when season 7 is back from Singapore, I am out until Fallon comes back from the spaceship.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Luke Fuller

Luke Fuller Soap Chat Member EXP: 1 Year

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Yes, maybe we can talk about 5A and 5B seasons. 5A: Dominique as a powerful and important character, Alexis fithting for her freedom, exit of Fallon and Jeff in a drinking limbo, Adam as handy guy for both Blake and Alexis. 5B: Dominique became a secondary character with nothing important to do, Claudia and Adam as a couple (maybe the biggest problem of the season for me), Lady Ashley and Daniel Reece, roayal characters including Prince Michael.

At least, marital problems of Blake/Krystle and Steven/Claudia lasted "all the time", beside Amanda arch.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Snarky's Ghost

Threads:
    INFJ
    Ratings:
    +9,209
    Yes, at the time, that romance seemed very forced.

I liked the prince but, like everybody else, they didn't know what to do with him. I'd actually keep him until early Season 8 and then have Sammy Jo accidentally kill him off during the Ye Olde Anglish Faiyrrrre. Pushed into a lion's cage where his head is ripped off in a most grand guignol fashion.

But that's just me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Star EXP: 2 Years

Threads:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +4,060
    I liked the Prince too. And having Amanda stay with him (with her also having his child) to avoid the truth about her and Dex coming out, all the while with Prince Michael becoming more obnoxious because he clearly only knows how to be part of a real Dynasty and not a Carrington one, had a lot of potential. And Sammy Jo should indeed be part of the equation.

I have said in every single post about season 5 that Moldavia was a mistake of gigantic proportions. But once that was done, and that cliffhanger became the show's best (and the season made it a #1 ratings show), they should have looked for ways to make it work. The particular stories they did in season 6 (King Galen and his fake handicap, Alexis rescuing him as a nun) were goofy, and that is if one wants to praise them.

I understand where it was coming from--there was more drama having Adam paired with an ex of Steven. But that ex should have been Sammy Jo (although a brand new character, like Tracy who was wasted, would have been better).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Snarky's Ghost

Threads:
    INFJ
    Ratings:
    +9,209
    I did think that once they paired Adam and Claudia together, they should have had her turn cynical in an "I'm-gonna-get-mine" kind of way --- which they appeared to do by the end of Season 6, but it seemed like an afterthought.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. colbyco

colbyco Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +481
    - Yes, there are a lot of storyline wholes but 7A (together with 6B) was a brilliant time ... Dominique became a second status character years before (S5). For the first time I liked her love interest and finally she had her catfight with Alexis! It was a pity that she and Dex only stayed friends - this could have been a much better reason for a fight ...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Star

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,247
    Dominique could have earned her "black bitch" title by callously throwing it in Alexis' face that she and Dex were sleeping together. Better still, Dominique didn't even need to sleep with Dex at all; she just needed to tell Alexis that they did out of spite.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Zara

Zara Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Like A Sleeping Dog
    Ratings:
    +317
    I don't like the cheap and inaccurate throwbacks we get from time to time. When Krystle tells Dana how she was involved with another man (Matthew) but then she fell madly in love with Blake. That is not true, she still loved Matthew when she married Blake and Blake was the committed one of the two the first years. K would have chosen Matthew over Blake if it weren't for what he said to her about not loving her anymore.

Another example of this phenomena is when the graveyard keeper talks about the death of Joseph and Blake's supposed more distant feeling about it. But Blake was in the room when he died, and expired it first hand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Hilda Potroast

Hilda Potroast Soap Chat Member EXP: 1 Month

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +54
    The minute Luke came into the picture, Claudia's decay began. It's actually extremely painful to watch her descending darkness, and ending with the candles/flames being like outer heart beats to the years of her death as soon she and her fragile mind mixed in with the Carringtons, as you watch it continuously and not every week as was the law back then.

You really feel her scratch your skin as she slips further down the slopes of Bedlam.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1