Dynasty Season 8 Thoughts

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by JROG, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,881
    Good point.
    But maybe they could puppeteer their favourite candidates?

2. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,459
    Yes, or have them wear wigs :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Krystle. Clairvoyant. And she's the one who attacks Alexis in the season finale, later retaining no memory of it. Blake blackmails/bribes Alexis into keeping her mouth shut about it.

[​IMG]

4. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,459
    Season 8 is underappreciated for many reasons, probably because the basic premise (Blake and Alexis running for governor) is ludicrous, but the details are often small gems. For instance, I remember how pleasantly surprised I was that they took the most ridiculous plot point of THE COLBYS, the UFO, and they did not simply put it to use to show Jeff and Fallon drifting apart, (Fallon: "he smelled of cinnamon" Sarcastic Jeff: "Oh, was he baking?") but they made it emblematic of their whole relationship. In episode four, Steven--who is again a confidant to Fallon just like in seasons 1 and 2--tells her that her feeling about the experience is real, whether the experience was or not, and she wants to share that with Jeff, except:

Steven: "Fallon, don't you understand? You have always wanted that with Jeff. I don't think it's possible. I mean, he's a great guy, but if there aren't any lines on the pad, he gets very nervous. And you have always colored outside the lines. Until you married him. Stop me if you don't want to hear this. But you have become more like Jeff. And now he's forgotten who you really are. That's why he doesn't listen to you anymore."
    Samms, who has a nice reflective stare in all these, replies as Fallon, "maybe I've forgotten too." Steven holds her hands and tells her: "I haven't."

Don't know who wrote that scene, but he/she was definitely a fan of the show and those two characters and their sibling affection.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1