Dynasty Season 9 Thoughts/Reviews

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by JROG, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,458
    I don't disagree. Sable on THE COLBYS would look really mean toward Frankie (who didn't deserve it because any emotion toward an empty bucket is wasted) and toward Connie (who just needed a few more days to become as senile as Sable tried to portray her). Unlike Alexis, who had this "I will savor crushing you" look toward her targets, with Sable there was a level of personal passion, tension, and commitment which I found fascinating.Maybe what some of you are referring to as the 50s sensibility of the show's dynamics--or maybe not.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,458
    It was abrupt and it was also negating all of seasons 7 and 8. After he and Steven bonded that much, I don't buy that he would burn his letter away. Maybe Adam in S4 would react that way because of the loss of his wife and son, but not this one. I think Paulsen cared more about Alexis having a sounding board (and someone to be her proxy while Collins was away) than realistic character development.
    But Adam had become a secondary character during S8. While I agree with Thomson that the character took huge leaps back, he also became front and center again.

3. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Superstar

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,632
    Adam's change I could deal with as he was really a bit of nutcase anyway. So his mood/personality swings sort of made sense. At least with having the same face all through the series run. It's harder to buy the severe personality changes in the other siblings as their heads would change.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,615
    That's how I feel: it just didn't seem terribly jarring, even if Thomson thought so.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,878
    Good!

• Funny Funny x 1