Elizabeth Taylor & Richard Burton - Discussion & Photos! :)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Karin Schill, Sep 14, 2016.

?

Which is your favorite movie with Elizabeth Taylor & Richard Burton?

1. Cleopatra (1963)

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. The VIPS (1963)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The Sandpiper (1965)

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf? (1966)

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
  5. The Taming of The Shrew (1967)

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. Doctor Faustus (1967)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. The Comedians (1967)

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  8. Boom (1968)

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  9. Under Milkwood or Hammersmith is Out (1972)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Divorce His, Divorce Hers (1973)

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,843
    Hi Everyone,

I'm a fan of Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton. They are two of my favorite actors as well as one of my favorite celebrity couples of all times. So I think they deserve a thread of their own and well since the other thread I started about them in 2010 has disappeared I figured that the third time is the charm!
    And well if the original thread will ever come back (fingers crossed) we can just merge it with this one! ;)

So is anyone up for talking about Elizabeth & Richard?

Wallpaper_smaller.jpg

Also I made a poll option with this thread where you can vote for which one of their movies that they made together that is your favorite!

All together they made:

CleoSand.jpg

Cleopatra (1963) :kiss: :fondle: The V.I.P's (1963) :spinning::danc: The Sandpiper (1965)

WoolfTaming.jpg
    Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf (1966) :bravo: The Taming of the shrew (1967)

FaustusBoom.jpg
    Doctor Faustus (1967) :think: The Comedians (1967) :kiss: Boom (1968)

Final movies.jpg

Under Milkwood (1972) :confuse: Hammersmith is out (1972) :popcorn: Divorce His, Divorce Hers (1973)

So which one of these is your favorite?
    Let the discussion and picture sharing continue! :)

Take care,
    Love:
    Karin.
    x.

upload_2016-9-14_20-24-21.png

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Jessie

Jessie Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,285
    I'm a big fan of Elizabeth and Richard too. I have not seen all their films. I love Sandpiper, Cleopatra, and Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

I recently saw a film with Richard Burton, and Joan Collins. It was good, I enjoyed it.

"Sea Wife"

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,843
    Thanks for replying Jessie and for the Sea Wife trailer. I enjoyed watching that movie. :)

I'm glad you're a fan of them too. So how long have you been a fan?
    For me it was a gradual process. I first learnt who Elizabeth Taylor was when I was about 12 years old and started following her life in the women's weekly magazines. Her personality fascinated me. Before then I had only seen photos of her. I think I saw my first photo when I was about 8 in my dad's book "Life goes to the movies." It showed her wearing a pink towel around her hair so because of that photo I began putting up my hair like that after I'd showered, because that's how the moviestars did it. Then when I was in my teens I saw Cleopatra for the first time and a mini-series about Elizabeth's life. I got to know more about her and Richard Burton and started to cut out some papercuttings about them from the magazines. I remember when Elizabeth had her brain surgery how relieved I was to hear she'd pulled through that.

Then when I was in my 20s I dressed up like Liz Taylor for Halloween one year. We don't dress out in scary costumes for Halloween. Instead we dress out like characters from TV shows or famous people we like. Anyway in 2008 I realized that a was a fan of Elizabeth & Richard. I watched "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" for the first time that year and it blew me away. I knew then I wanted to watch more movies with them. So I went on getting all of the movies they had made together and then I began collecting their individual movies too. I also began making fan music videos dedicated to Elizabeth & Richard. By now I've made about 50 of them and I think this is one of the best I've ever done:

Anyway the moment I realized that I had turned into a fan was when I went on my summer vacation. We travelled through Switzerland that year and I made sure to add a stop to Celigny on the travel route since I wanted to see the town Richard had lived in. It wasn't until I was there looking for the graveyard since I wanted to pay my respect to Richard by visiting his grave that I knew I was a fan. It just dawned on me then.

So luckily I got to be a fan of Elizabeth Taylor for at least a couple of years before she died. I was so sad when she passed away. But oh what a life she lead. She surely knew how to live! :)

So well that's how I became a fan of Elizabeth & Richard. So how did you become a fan of them?
    Or when did you take an interest in them?

Then as for my favorite movies with them. It's:

cleptaylorburton1.jpg

"Cleopatra"

aataylor9.jpg

"The Sandpiper"

Woolf31966_1855358i.jpg

"Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?"

4599-004-41F93600.jpg

"The Taming of the Shrew"

1165375507.jpg

"The Comedians"

899713.jpg

and "Divorce His/Divorce Hers".

I'll return with my reasons why I love those films the most some other day. :)

That's all for now,

Take care,
    Love:
    Karin
    x

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Kevmac

Kevmac Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,282
    .... it was all about the chemistry... :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,843
    Thanks for joining us Kevan. What a lovely song. It's true too, Elizabeth & Richard sure had chemistry! :)
    It was obvious right from the beginning.

a.jpg

Then I figured I'd return with my reasons why I love this movie the most of theirs:

607414.jpg

1. Cleopatra (1963)

Running time: 192 minutes

Stars: Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton, Rex Harrison, Roddy McDowall, Martin Landau, Hume Cronyn etc.

Director: Joseph L. Mankiewicz

Genre: Biography, Drama, History

Synopsis: Historical epic. The triumphs and tragedy of the Egyptian queen, Cleopatra.

Color: Yes

IMDB Rating: 6.8 of 10.

Academy Awards: 4. Best art direction-set decoration, best costume, best cinematography, best effects.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGDyZHlHklo

For more information visit: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056937/

My reasons why: Cleopatra is one of the most expensive, if not the most expensive, movie ever made. The making of the movie took them over two years with a lot of obstacles standing in the way. The end result was satisfying even if two hours of the movie was left on the cutting room floor. I think Cleopatra is the best historical epic I have ever seen. It has lots of ingredients I love in a movie, a love story, interesting multi-layered characters, excitement and the depicturing of true historical events. The movie still works today and it doesn’t look dated, if anything it is to the movie’s advantage that it was filmed almost 50 years ago as it does make it look older, but since it is supposed to take place B.C. the older look just make it look more authentic than if it had been filmed last year. A part of it has to do with the stars of the movie. Because stars of the Golden age of Hollywood cinema had a different aura about them, they had magnetism, a charisma that a lot of stars today seem to lack. They were of a different generation shaped by different values and looked more elegant even when they tried to look trashy than stars of today.

In this movie Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton, Rex Harrison and Roddy McDowall makes an excellent job of making their characters Cleopatra, Mark Anthony, Caesar and Octavian come to life. Watching the movie you root for Cleopatra against Octavian and you can never guess that behind the scenes they are friends.

It was on the set of Cleopatra that the legendary love story between Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton begun and looking at them in scenes together their emotions are clearly visible, there is something electrifying about their chemistry.

I think that a reason why I love watching real life couple portraying couples on screen is because they have natural chemistry. The lines that Mankiewicz have them say are almost poetic and make the love story in the second half of the movie seem very romantic and all consuming. My favorite lines is from the scene when he has to leave her and she begins the conversation by telling him that she’d read a line that someone had carved into the wall centuries ago that “he wasn’t there so she couldn’t sleep”. The whole conversation that follows is just romantic. :)

Besides for the casting and love story this movie has a lot of other things going for it. The music is wonderful and the character of Cleopatra is fascinating and I love to see a strong woman command the otherwise strong rulers around her. She is manipulative and used to getting her way. I especially love the scene when she forces Mark Anthony to his knees as a punishment for leaving her.

There is a historical aspect in this movie too which appeals to me as one of my favorite subjects in school was history. I have always been interested in what went on in the world in the past and why things happened. My reasoning is that we can learn something from history and maybe not repeat the same mistake that generations before us made. Anyway it is fascinating to watch Cleopatra’s entry in Rome and the battle of Actium. I think the fact that this movie was shot before CGI effects made it better as you know it’s not 10 people duplicated to 10 000 people, but actually 10 000 extra that fights in a battle. To know that all the people you see in the movie is real gives it a more authentic feel to it that can never be made better today. One thing I don’t get however is why they changed certain historical details, like for instance in real life Cleopatra and Mark Anthony had 3 children together but in the movie there was none. That makes me question the historical accuracy of the rest of the movie.

When I first watched this movie I was about 17 years old and I was very upset with how it ended though as you spend four hours invested in a movie only to see the main characters that you root for get killed at the end. This movie does not have a happy ending. But then I learnt that the true history ended that way and you can’t change history.

I’ve also always been fascinated by Egyptian culture and the pharaohs. Even as a young child I used to build pyramids with my Lego toys.

Anyway over all I can recommend you to watch Cleopatra if you haven’t already as it’s a fascinating movie even though it is occasionally rather slow paced.

Photos:

ETRB.jpg

ET_0001.jpg

Feminist_0004c.jpg

There's a tidbit about this poster in Kristina Hagman's book "The Eternal Party" by the way. On p. 75 she mentions how she remembered that poster and how they were looking incredibly glamourous.

That's all for now,
    Take care,
    Love:
    Karin

6. Toni

Toni Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,032
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    Hi Karin and co (friends all!):

I also am a big fan of Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton, though, if I had to choose, I´ll probably choose her as a movie actress (and greatest glamorous star) and him as a stage actor, since I read he was amazing in every role he played in theater.

Since I was a teenager, I used to read biographies and movie encyclopedias about cinema and stars. I remember that, aside from Marilyn, my other idol, I did read a lot of articles, entries and books about Liz. I had watched on TV a lot of her first movies: "Little Women", "Courage of Lassie", "National Velvet", "A Place in the Sun"...I felt as if I was watching her growing up and becoming a better actress, and a prettier woman. I guess that someone so sensual and femenine as Liz could make a teenager know for sure if he liked women or men. In my case, it was the latter, but that didn´t affect my adoration for her. All the opposite.

I soon could see on TV her more mature roles, like "Cleopatra", Martha in "Who´s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?", or Gloria in "Butterfield 8" (in Spain, retitled "A Marked Woman" by the very moralist censors of the late decades of Franco´s ruling). As a matter of fact, I think that the first movie I saw with her in a movie was "The Mirror Crack´d", that incredibly entertaining adaptation of one of Agatha Christie´s Miss Marple novels. She was so funny, maturely beautiful and had such a chemistry with all her fellow actors (esp. her good friend Rock Hudson), that it still is for me one of the best Christie films. Her bitchy encounter with Kim Novak was really something...

If I had to choose my favorite movies of the couple, I´d vote for "Cleopatra", "The Sandpiper" and "Who´s Afraid...". Anyway, I think their very publicized private life sort of overshadowed their career at some point. I think that audiences went to see Taylor & Burton, and not their stories or characters. They were very popular in Spain, and Liz was very often on the covers, as happened in the rest of the world. It was a pity that Liz hardly acted when she was married to John Warner because she was really missed.

In the early 80´s, Taylor and Burton seemed to resurface together and separately. Burton took a few juicy roles at the end of 70´s / beginning of 80´s: "Absolution", "Equus", "1984", and in TV a great series, "Wagner", and another not so great, "Ellis Island", where he co-starred with his daughter Kate. Who would have said that Kate Burton would become such a fantastic character actress in film and TV in the New Millennium. Her latest role as Vice-President Sally Langston on "Scandal" is a good proof of that. I wondered what her dad would´ve thought of her when I watched this show lately.

Taylor also revamped her career. She was in the position of being able to choose any role she wanted in TV, and she gave memorable performances in the telemovies "Between Friends", "Malice in Wonderland", "Sweet Bird of Youth" (as Mark Harmon´s lover!), the miniseries "North & South", and a very charming episode of "Hotel" where she was paired with another good (gay) friend of hers, Roddy McDowall.

I was so enamored with her when I was a teenager, that her life and career inspired me a fanfic, my first one, and a character, Andrea Stevenson, with slight (but undeniable) autobiographical traits. This story will be published soon in the Fan Fiction Forum. I´d just like to add that my late dad used to have the Cleopatra poster in his old painting workshop.

Here are some Spanish posters of the movies with Liz and Richard that were released in my country:

upload_2016-10-19_1-29-27.jpeg upload_2016-10-19_1-29-56.jpeg upload_2016-10-19_1-30-32.jpeg upload_2016-10-19_1-30-54.jpeg

[​IMG] [​IMG] upload_2016-10-19_1-32-12.jpeg [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,843
    Thanks for joining us in this thread Toni. I enjoyed reading your very detailed account of being a fan of Elizabeth & Richard. :)
    I agree with you that their private lives sometimes overshadowed their work as actors. It took me years before I actually watched their movies, at first I just enjoyed reading about Elizabeth in the press. By the time I knew who she was Richard was long gone, so I don't think I would have known who he was if it wasn't for her to be honest!

I disagree with you about "Ellis Island", I loved that mini-series and enjoyed it much more than "Wagner", which I found a bit tedious!
    But I do agree with you that Kate Burton is a great actress in her own right these days. I think Richard would be proud of her for following in his footsteps.

RB2_0018Kate.jpg

You should post your promo for your fanfic featuring Elizabeth in the main role here as well. I think it's very cleaver. :)

Thanks also for posting the Spanish movie posters. :)

Then finally here's another of my favorite movies spotlight. I can watch this movie over and over:

sandpiper.jpg

The Sandpiper (1965)

Running Time: 117 minutes

Stars: Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton, Eva Marie Saint, Charles Bronson etc.

Director: Vincente Minnelli

Genre: Drama, Romance

Synopsis: Free-spirited, young, unwed mother seduces a Episcopalian priest. Lots of pretty beach/ocean scenery.

IMDB Rating: 5.9 out of 10.

Academy Awards: 1. Best music for original song “The Shadow of Your Smile”

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRwbOv0NG4Q

For more information visit: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059674/

My reasons why: I love this movie and although it certainly is not the best movie Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton ever did it is the one of their movies that I have seen the most times. Countless times even. What appeals to me is that it has a beautiful scenery and a forbidden love story where art seems to imitate life in the sense that just a year earlier had Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton been a part of just such a love triangle with his then wife Sybil. The chemistry between Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton is obvious and you can tell just from their way of looking at each other and touching each other that they are very much in love. It is sort of endearing and romantic. Like the scene where he just comes back to her and kisses her without even saying a word. The movie itself is sort of slow paced and the storyline is a bit thin, but it’s a lot of emotions and beautiful shot towards the backdrop of the Big Sur. If you love romantic old movies I can recommend you this movie.

Photos and movie posters:

sandpiper3.jpg

dc1a582f667942c36a764bd3824d8d0b.jpg

Poster - Sandpiper, The_08.jpg

Poster%20-%20Sandpiper,%20The_06.jpg

and finally here's two fan videos made by me about this movie:

This one has the love theme from the movie.

That's all for now,
    Take care,
    Love:
    Karin.
    x

• Like Like x 1
  8. Toni

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,032
    Thanks a lot for your kind words!

Here are my videos about my fanfic "Star: A Hollywood Saga":

I also love "The Comedians", it feels so true (within the romantic big lie that are movies) that you can believe that love story, and the settings are beautiful. And, after all, it´s no other than Vincente Minnelli (the master of melodramas and musicals, who used primary colors as a way of expressing emotions, and how intensely!) the one who directed. As you know, he "also" was Judy Garland´s ex-husband and father of Liza...

They say that real-life couples don´t have good chemistry when they play couples in movies, but I guess that Taylor and Burton are the exception than confirm the rule...along with Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward, who also made a great, multi-talented couple in and off screen.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,843
    Don't you mean "The Sandpiper" Toni?
    Because that's the movie with the beautiful scenery that was directed by Liza Minnelli's dad! ;)

Thanks for posting your trailers here. I love them and can totally picture Elizabeth playing this type of role in the 1980s, especially if it enabled her to work with Richard. :)

Private Lives.jpg

I so wish I could have seen them together in "Private Lives" but I was much too young then and didn't know a word of English.

uvs090225-001.JPG

I'm not sure if it's true that real life couples have lousy chemistry in the movies. Since just think Elizabeth & Richard, Laurence Olivier & Vivien Leigh, Bogie & Bacall, Hepburn & Tracy etc. They all have great chemistry.

Then finally here's a movie spotlight on "Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf?"

503731.jpg

Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf (1966)

Running Time: 131 minutes

Stars: Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton, George Segal and Sandy Dennis.

Director: Mike Nichols.

Genre: Drama, Romance

Synopsis: A bitter aging couple with the help of alcohol, use a young couple to fuel anguish and emotional pain towards each other.

Color: No. It’s Black and White.

IMDB Rating: 8.2 out of 10.

Academy Awards: 5. Best Actress in leading role, best actress in supporting role, best costume design, best cinematography and best art direction-set decoration. Another 8 nominations.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZEKQnMCze8

For more information visit: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061184/

My reasons why: This slow paced drama has a fly on the wall feel to it. There is something eerie realistic about the movie as the small talk Martha and George engages in before their guests arrives sounds like any random conversation between a couple on an ordinary day. There is tension and bickering in the air between them and things doesn’t get better when they have more drinks to deal with the unwanted houseguests that they feel pressured to invite for an after party. At the party they play bizarre mind games that only serve the purpose of finding everyone’s weak spots and exploit them. There is something fascinating about this movie and it makes you think as the plot is complicated and stores some secrets that will only be revealed at the end of the movie. When you watch it a second time you’ll understand certain things a lot better. The chemistry between Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton is amazing and it was after watching them in this movie that I became interested in seeing more of their work, as this movie really hooked me and made me aware of their greatness as actors. They both excel in their parts and as does the supporting cast.

On a sidenote I can also mention that I showed this movie to the cast of "Gatans Änglar" right before we started filming in 2014, since I figured that they could learn something from watching the best actors there ever were in a great movie and a lot of them actually liked this movie. :)

Photos:

Liz_0007.jpg

Liz_0008.jpg
    Liz_0009.jpg

Liz_0012.jpg

Liz_0006.jpg

Fan video made by me:

That's all for now,
    Take care,
    Love:
    Karin.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Toni

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,032
    Of course I meant "The Sandpiper", silly me, I should be in bed already! Thanks for the pics and info, and the links to your great videos!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,843
    You're welcome about the photos and video Toni. :)

Here's another movie spotlight, this time focusing on:

511QACZ7S8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Taming of the Shrew (1967)

Running Time: 122 minutes

Stars: Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton, Michael York, Cyril Cusack etc.

Director: Franco Zeffirelli

Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance
    (Based on a play by William Shakespeare)

Synopsis: Brutish, fortune-hunting scoundrel Pertuchio tames his wealthy shrewish wife, Katharina.

IMDB Rating: 7 out of 10.

Academy Awards: None. Nominated for costume design and art direction-set decoration.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7v4t0_OvrY

For more information visit: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061407/

My reasons why: This movie is hilarious and there are certain things that will make you laugh out loud. This is another classic story and it seems a bit dated as the language and values are all very 1500s but it is still worth watching. The settings and costumes are great but it’s the characters that are truly memorable. Katharina and Pertuchio as portrayed by Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton are very different from their characters in other movies like “The Sandpiper” and it takes great actors to pull off such diverse characters in a convincing way. But they most certainly do. There are many versions of this particular movie but I prefer this one simply because of the magic that Elizabeth & Richard create on the screen. The comedy comes from the way they play off each other and especially Elizabeth is excellent at making funny facial expressions that clearly shows what her character is thinking and feeling. If you haven’t seen this movie I can recommend it.

Photos:

ET_0016.jpg

ET79_0049.jpg

ETFilmPics_0030b.jpg

ET79_0048.jpg

Swedish Movie Poster:

sa_tuktas_en_argbigga_67.jpg

Fanvideo made by me:

That's all for now but I hope you've enjoyed this,

Take care,
    Love:
    Karin.

12. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,843
    Hi again,

I figured I'd post another movie spotlight for you. This time focusing on:

91qjsXnM8EL._SL1500_.jpg

The Comedians (1967)

Running Time: 150 minutes

Stars: Richard Burton, Elizabeth Taylor, Alec Guinness, Peter Ustinov, Lillian Gish etc.

Director: Peter Glenville

Genre: Drama

(Based on a novel by: Graham Greene)

Synopsis: Set in the Haiti of "Papa Doc" Duvalier, The Comedians tells the story of a sardonic white hotel owner and his encroaching fatalism as he watches Haiti sink into barbarism. Complications include a friendship with a rebel leader, politically "charged" hotel guests, an affair with the wife of a European ambassador, and the manipulations of a conniving British arms dealer.

IMDB Rating: 6.5 out of 10

Academy Awards: None.

Trailer: http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi3001877529/

For more information visit: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061502/

My reasons why: Political unrest, oppression, a dictator, revolts and a forbidden passionate love affair are some of the themes of this movie that makes it worth watching. The political aspect of Haiti resembles what is going on today in the Arab world and signalizes people who has had enough of being oppressed. It is a fascinating storyline although the revolts in the 1960s had even less chance of succeeding than today. For me however it is the burning passion between Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton that makes this movie a must see. The physical energy between them is very strong in this movie and they share plenty of kissing scenes and moments when they gaze deep into each other’s eyes in a way that makes it seem like they were the only two people in the world.

Photos:

ETMovies_0059.jpg

76565_436340566411503_219903136_n.jpg
    A love scene might look romantic on film but not so much behind the scenes...

ETMovies_0058.jpg

Movie Posters:

COMEDIANS.jpg

6998092_f520.jpg

Fanvideo made by me:

That's all for now,

Take care,
    Love:
    Karin

• Like Like x 1
  13. Toni

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,032
    I loved this movie too Karin. Not the best of them, but not the worst at all. The supporting cast steal the film away from them though. Ustinov, Gish and that incredibly "feminine" Guinness that cracked me up the first time I watched it!!

:danc:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,843
    I agree with you about the supporting cast in "The Comedians" Toni, they were all great. :)

Also today it's Richard's birthday, it's 91 years since he was born so I thought I'd repost this old collage in honor of him:

RBCollage_smaller.jpg

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,843
    Cariefisher_lizTayler_after.jpg

I've just read that Elizabeth's former step-daughter Carrie Fisher has just died:

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/iconic-star-wars-actress-carrie-174459671.html

She was only 60 years old. :(

Carrie was of course also responsible for writing and co-producing Elizabeth's last movie "These Old Broads" also starring her mother Debbie Reynolds, Shirley McLaine and Joan Collins.

8c858b05181c1f1baa6f3b44ac03ffb9.jpg

My sympathies goes out to Carrie's family and friends at this horrible time. Especially to Debbie since no parent should ever have to bury their child. It's all just so sad. :(

RIP Carrie.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  16. Toni

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,032
    I agree with you Karin, I'm terribly saddened by her premature death. Like Larry (or Liz...), she was part of my life since my early teens...and life was so unfair with her...

Elizabeth will have more fun now that she'll be there too...Please somebody shoot 2016, it's stolen us so many wonderful people...:a2:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,843
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Toni

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,032
    Nice pics of Debbie, Liz & Carrie. 3 bright stars in our skies at night...Loved all of them!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,843
    So did I. 2016 certainly wasn't a good year but hopefully 2017 will be.

ETChristies_0024.jpg

Happy New Year Everyone! :dancing:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,843
    Today it's 85 years since Elizabeth Taylor was born. So to honor her I figured I'd repost some photos:

Childhood.jpg
    This collage focus on her childhood and early years.

Lived.jpg
    This collage focus on her later years.

ET_little.jpg
    Elizabeth with her mother Sara and brother Howard

ET_0012.jpg
    with her parents

ET_0018.jpg
    With her children Michael, Christopher and Liza

RBDiaries_0006.jpg
    With her daughters Liza and Maria and Richard

ET_0004.jpg
    Elizabeth was among the first celebrities to launch a perfume line.

ETPeople_0037m.jpg
    With MJ

ET_0009.jpg
    She founded Amfar and Elizabeth Taylor AIDS foundation

Liz_0006.jpg
    She loved dogs

That's all for now. But I hope you like the photos. :)