Elvis in concert

Discussion in 'Music' started by Karin Schill, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,159
    Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone's ever watched Elvis in concert?

Either live when he was alive or later on with some sort of screen?

I was born after he died so obviously I wasn't able to watch him when he was alive. But this past weekend I did watch the Elvis live on screen concert when it came to Stockholm.

It was an extraordinary experience and unlike all other concerts that I have ever been to. What hit me the most about it was how much I really love his music. There's lots of great songs and I hadn't heard some of them in a while and the live orchestra only made the songs better. It gave them a live feeling and somewhere in the concert I found myself on my feet singing along to the songs. :danc:I had not expected that. I mean it was not like Elvis really was in the room with us. He was there on a screen from the Aloha From Hawaii performance from 1973 and the 68 special and the 1970 tour. It was all old stuff that I had seen at home on DVD and my home movie projector. Yet being there in the audience with 1000s of other Elvis fans and having a live orchestra made a difference and gave a live feel to it. :elvis:

I walked away from the experience talking about Elvis in a way that if he had really been there in the arena with us and had been singing for us that night even though he hasn't sung anything in 4 decades. So in many ways it was really a much better experience than I had expected and some sort of weird combination of watching a movie and going to a concert.

The highlight of the concert for me was however having Priscilla Presley there in person. But I will write more about that in the Dallas forum...:)

Take care,
    Best wishes:
    Karin.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Payton Cross

Payton Cross Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,177
    When Elvis was still alive, i was unfortunately too young to see Elvis live in concert, and i also have to say that Elvis never performed in Europe, so unfortunately a dream that was not possible for many Europeans.

But I have not yet seen the new shows with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra with which Priscilla Presley toured. maybe if it ever comes back to the Netherlands, maybe I'll go there.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,159
    I can recommend you to watch the Elvis concert with the live orchestra if you have the chance as it is the next best thing when you can't have Elvis there in person!
    I think he was there in spirit though. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Payton Cross

Payton Cross Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,177
    Thanks @Karin Schill, next time i will go there, because it's the closet thing i will ever get that close to Elvis live, so you got me sold. :)

• Like Like x 1