Elvis Presley

Discussion in 'Movies' started by ClassyCo, Oct 24, 2017.

1. ClassyCo

ClassyCo Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +542
    I wish I had all of his films, too. I quite simply don't have the cabinet space to support such a large collection pertaining to one actor, either.

Actually, yes, I do have a few Elvis movies on DVD. I have a four-film pack that includes Jailhouse Rock, It Happened at the World's Fair, Charro!, and Stay Away, Joe. I also have separate editions of Viva Las Vegas, Kissin' Cousins, and I believe Tickle Me.

The two better ones that I have watched are Jailhouse Rock and Viva Las Vegas. The first one, Jailhouse Rock, was his third feature film. This was still rather early into the Elvis-mania phase, and perhaps the peak of his popularity with teenage America. During this era, Elvis was rather open about his desire to be a movie actor with a still molded after the influences Marlon Brando and James Dean had on him. Jailhouse Rock was a popular critical and financial success, and many critics and film hot-shots seemed to express favor that Elvis showed a future as an actor. Viva Las Vegas, which was made six years later, comes after the switch he made to the "Elvis formula" that consumed his film career after the early 1960s. Of course, Elvis and his co-star Ann-Margret have solid chemistry together, and they naturally photograph well together. The film has nothing more than a thin plot at best, but the vibrant coloring, songs, and star quality comes across more than well.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Payton Cross

Payton Cross Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,142
    I have that problem too because I do not really have much room for other dvd's left, but there are also a lot of dvd's that I do not like or proberly never will see again. So I'm definitely going to sort my dvd's out, so there will be more room for a lot of Elvis movies. :)

I love "Jailhouse Rock", "Viva Las Vegas" and "It Happend At The World Fair", those are my favorite movies as well. But I think that I will also buy my favorite Elvis movies first, before they are no longer available.

I agree with you, "Jailhouse Rock" was Elvis best movie he ever made and also favorite by many Elvis fans, i wish he had some better roll after this movie, and "Viva Las Vegas" was a great movie, the songs the colours in this movies was looking wonderful, I belive Elvis ans Ann-Margret also had a short time affair, because they has a huge chemistry together on pictures and film.

• Like Like x 1