[Entire Series] Random Stupid Thoughts

Discussion in 'Knots Landing' started by tommie, May 29, 2018.

1. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,187
    I don't think I ever liked any relationship Paige had.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    I guess they wrote Paige's non-Greg pairings in such weak ways in an effort to make us think that Greg is her "one true pairing". Whenever anyone came close to "catching on" (I'm thinking Tom Ryan came closest) they had him do something lousy and/or leave town, leading her back to Greg. But Tom was a jerk (like the parrot said) and didn't seem to the type to fit into Knots Landing society long-term regardless of whether he continued to pursue Paige. Bill Nolan might have worked better in that regard, but I always thought he had no personality. But that, like I said, might have been by design. The issue that the Lechowicks did not count on (probably never even imagined) was the number of viewers who didn't like Greg/Paige, either. I always thought Greg only took up with her to be "amused," not to have a soulmate/equal partner. Since Laura had filled that soulmate/equal partner better than anyone, he was not in the market for that kind of relationship again.

• Like Like x 1
  3. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,187
    Add that Greg just looked far too old for Paige to begin with - it's not as if he was a well-kept older man (no offense to mr Devane).

When it comes to non-Laura pairings for Greg I much preferred Abby (they seemed to be on equal grounds) or even Anne. I did not buy into his relationship with Paige at all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,647
    I had no strong feeling one way or the other but I did come to believe that were "right for each other">

5. Chris2

Chris2 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +137
    I never bought the whole Paige/Greg thing. But I never bought Paige with anyone - she’s too cold.

That said, I liked Greg with Abby and even Anne. They both had a playfulness which worked with Greg, much better than humorless Paige did.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,187
    Should Aunt Ginny have just been a manifestation of Val's obvious mental illness and gone full on Pamela Vorhees?