nuDynasty Spoilers Ep 22 spoiler pic

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by nostalgicstudent, May 21, 2019.

1. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,802
    Not enough money in the budget I'm afraid. Hey, if Game of Thrones can slip in a coffee cup then I can live with the Carrington family having close neighbours.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,802
    And don't forget the eyeroll :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,128
    Medals:
    The problem is ... after what happened at the beginning of this season, i can't really care for any cliffhanger on PeachDynasty anymore, no matter how dramatic it might look.
    Because it probably will just be whisked away with some wannabe funny comments or Sams newest insta-story in the next season premiere. :re:
    So, hard to care about anything or anyone here. These characters all lack any real problems or real feelings, it's all just artificial and very shallow and nothing ever really matters.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 6
  4. B.J. Ewing

B.J. Ewing Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +245
    Medals:
    You are all wrong. The finger belongs to Crazy Adam, who acts like it's a gun and shouting: "Bang, bang, you're all dead." And the whole family is looking at him like 'Whaaa'? Kind of a Moldavian wedding. Since in this case noone will hit the ground, it's pretty normal they are all still alive next season.

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,737
    Medals:
    That's certainly true from the story's point of view, but after watching 2 seasons these characters have become familiar TV faces. For better or worse, they are now part of our TV entertainment and it's a bizarre idea that one day it's no longer going to be there for us to enjoy/rant about.
    I am mega-excited about the upcoming season finale (regardless of the result in season 3) so, roll on Saturday, oh my God I almost can't take it anymore[​IMG]
    I love big cliffhangers, I just LOVE it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +348
    I'm waiting for the finale too. I'm not that mega excited right now, but yes, I love seasons finale, especially when they have "over the top" cliffhangers.

7. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,467
    Medals:
    Friday night's going to be a blast....but man, will the summer be painful! I'm sure the rest of the cast have learned from Nathalie Kelley's post-cliffhanger behavior, so I doubt we will get many fun plot tidbits from the actors' social media to talk about during the hiatus. They might release something about the Alexis recast, or they may just have a total news blackout until August or September. Yeek, what will we have to gripe about in the meantime?

8. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,737
    Medals:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,467
    Medals:
    Um, yeah...what he said. :bravo:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. ChrisSumner

ChrisSumner Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +252
    I know they were engaged and talking wedding, but they haven't really mentioned that wedding in so long so that picture shocked me. Could be an interesting twist to have a wedding for each finale. Who knows?

11. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,802
    I think we've all missed the point of this reboot and there is no better explanation than revisiting Season 1, Episode 1. It's when Fallon is referencing the Trump and Kardashian family. Look how they conduct themselves; artificial, shallow and nothing to offer except their nothing lives. Perhaps this is what the producers were aiming for with Peach Dynasty all along.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,128
    Medals:
    As soon as they got together a sooner wedding would have made much more sense storywise. But this show is neither about sense nor about logic.
    The producers needed a wedding for the cliffhanger again, so they let the characters simply ignore it and wait until episode 22 with it. Who cares about building something up? Pfffff. :NI:
    Oh and did anyone else notice how Cecil was suddenly back without any further explanation?

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  13. thomaswak

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +348
    Suddenly back, and suddenly gone. It was nice cameo though

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,802
    Like many characters on Peach Dynasty. I may expect this with secondary characters but how do we explain primary characters like Kirby and Monica disappearing for a few episodes only to resurface again. And please don't get me started on Steven. He is part Carrington for goodness sake. It's obvious Fallon (Liz) has resonated with the majority of eyeballs and the producers have decided this will be now called The Fallon Carrington Show. The problem is she is also the cause of much angst from Soapchat viewers with the character hogging most of the story.

15. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,467
    Medals:
    They didn't write anything "drastic" to permanently write out Cesil, so it was always possible for him to pop up; Jeff's illness was a logical reason. I always assumed he was just lingering in the background. In fact, I give them credit for having him make an appearance, since it is the way "real" families act, and lord knows enough soaps get criticized for not writing such details (since saving that money is more important to them than being true to real life). As for Monica and Kirby, one is only a recurring character (thus would not appear in every episode) and the other is hurting for story. Jeff, like Kirby, faded into the background for a while when he was not actively in a story. I think it's more than likely Maddison Brown will be bumped down to recurring, and Wakeema Hollis promoted to main cast if things stay the same for them, story-wise. Hollis of course benefits from the arrival of her onscreen mother, while Brown's Kirby has no real romantic prospects beyond Michael and would not be worth the $$$ just to be Fallon's sidekick. They're already molding Liam to be her sidekick as well as her romantic interest. I don't see these writers (who seem to enjoy "frivolous" plots) wanting to write a Kirby/Adam rape story, because even they wouldn't have the nerve to make such a story as frothy and frivolous as everything else going on around them. In short, Monica seems to have a lot more story potential than Kirby, unless they're holding back some major plot twist for Kirby that will send her in another direction.

And yes, I've said in multiple threads that the show needs to bring Steven back--played by Mackay, ideally. All the Carringtons (individually and collectively) need someone to temper their worst traits and impulses, to call them on the potential repercussions of their behavior. In short, they need adult supervision. Even if they have to recast, it really needs to be done.

16. thomaswak

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +348
    Amen. Agreed. Validated.
    Firing Nathalie Kelley is a mistake that can't be undone. But they still can fix this one if they want.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  17. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,737
    Medals:
    It makes me appreciate them a little bit more.

18. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,467
    Medals:
    Now in hindsight, I have a few questions about the photos. I still don't recall who was doing the 'accusatory finger-pointing", since there were so many people firing accusations at one another during the lakeside scenes.

I also have no idea why Fallon was seen slipping into that red dress/jacket/whatever it was before she got to the makeshift wedding spot--I can only guess it was some kind of wardrobe continuity error that they corrected without explanation? Maybe someone else caught the explanation. In the photo, you can see a bit of the yellow/orange dress she was wearing before donning the red one.

Anders's increasingly frustrated facial expressions throughout were a highlight for me. He's like "What the hell is wrong with these people?!" as if he had nothing at all to do with the bodies in the lake.

I guess the semi-secret nature of the lakeside ceremony (dumb plot contrivance) explains how Kirby, Fallon, and everyone else showed up looking bewildered and under-dressed. If B&C had really wanted to keep their marriage a secret, they would have gone to the minister's office or something. But then there would not have been the two wedding crashers popping up at the worst time.

19. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +432
    One of the head-writers dared to post that on Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx2iB9bn5hl/

"Dynasty Season 2 finale airs TONIGHT!!! Co-written by @tvfife and yours truly, this one is a BIG one. We finally pay off every single loose end from the past two seasons!!! ...Except Steven’s political career. We’re saving that one for Season 4."

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,467
    Medals:
    Poor Fallon getting doused with Pepto-Bismol like that. :D I can't imagine why the writer would want to keep a photo of it, but then again, isn't Instagram where people post pictures of their dinners and stuff?