Episode 16 - "Enter Alexis"

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by tommie, Jan 9, 2018.

1. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,103
    Yes, this is where it happens. Alexis, in the form of Nicollette Sheridan, will enter.

Are you excited? I so hope they name the episode "Enter Alexis"

2. MarkSinacori

MarkSinacori Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +121
    So for sure we are getting another 6 episodes or more unless they cut back the number order from 22 and air less this season. It's good they are 6 or so episodes away from the full 22. Hopefully they complete all 22 and not get a cutback. They already got moved to Fridays.

3. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,103
    It's too late for cutting back. If they did we'd hear about it during the Winter TCA's.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +281
    Pedowitz is definitely not cutting the episode order, he gave them the back 9 order because of Nicollette. Desperate Housewives was a monster hit back in the day and when her character died in 2009, the viewers dropped even more. She was very popular at the time, those ladies were everywhere and people are still watching repeats worldwide - even on streaming platforms or DVDs, Blu Ray. That show (along with CSI: Las Vegas) was the most watched serialized television programme worldwide between 2005 and 2008. The popularity sort of faded away during the last two or three seasons but it was still one of the last huge network hits of the new millenium. Pedowitz probably hopes to bring in some Desperate Housewives viewers who are curious to see Nicollette as Alexis. And I bet they get her on various talk shows to promote the show and her character.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,103
    Yes, basically - they want this to work. It even has the CBS brand attached to it and that Netflix deal. They're not going to let it die without a fight.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Soapwriter12

Soapwriter12 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +271
    It's very rare for a Network head to be this involved in casing, it would have been like whoever was heading ABC at the time, went to joan directly for the part.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MarkSinacori

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +121
    So 16-22 with Alexis. That's 7 episodes.

I hope they just drop this stupid Fallon's company with Jeff/Cesil/Evil Jeff now/Monica with Michael and just focus more on Alexis with Fallon and Blake and the family. They really don't need the Colby's anymore. After what I saw in the cliffhanger episode, garbage writing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rove

Rove Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,517
    Well Mark Pedowitz and Nicollette have history over her sudden axing from "Desperate Housewives". It shows confidence in Nicollette to bring extra eyes to Dynasty 2.0. I hope for those enjoying the series it works but a lot depends on the writing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +330
    It's such a shame that NS was hired because she's so wrong for the part.

• Like Like x 1
  10. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,103
    They should've casted Morgan Fairchild x

• Like Like x 1
  11. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,461
    I thought we wanted Tori Spelling...yes, I thought we were a team, tommie. And then you abandoned us...me and Tori.

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,904
    If the CW is really intent on making this work, they would use the introduction of NS as Alexis as the basis of a new ad campaign, something to remind the general public that the show is still on :rolleyes:, and that now would be a really good time to get involved (or in some cases, get involved again) in the show. An uptick in ratings of any consequence would give them an excuse to renew, a way of saying "Okay, maybe this will take off in season 2". They need to publicize this introduction in order for it to draw in new viewers, because as it stands, the only ones who would see it are the same group already watching the show (which isn't huge). Word of mouth hasn't helped in a measurable way.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,306
  14. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,312
    But you think she's wrong for any part.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. MarkSinacori

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +121
    I doubt ratings will go up. They are changing the night. I almost keep forgetting it's coming back when? This week? Friday nights are such a no. Still, if it gets renewed, how long could it possibly go on for in season 2? 22 episodes again? Then what? Renewal with even lower ratings on Fridays? Online they are saying on TVByTheNumbers it will possibly be renewed. It hasn't yet. Still, Less than 1 mil per episode is awful. Even in this day and age. 2-3 million are acceptable if the show is on a network like CW or one that gets low ratings. It's getting even lower. It comes back this week, right?

16. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,461
    Yeah, even if she did the Nicolette Sheridan Show he'd still demand another actress.

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +101
    I don't think season 2, (if there is one), would even get 22 episodes this time around if the ratings continue to slide. The producers might actually decide to shorten the episode order this time around and the season (and maybe the show) would end a lot quicker. It has happened for UnReal due to its upcoming 4th season also getting its episode order cut by a couple of episodes, possibly because of its disastrous 2nd season.

18. MarkSinacori

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +121
    I've been looking at the cast list on IMDB. It looks like they are filming the finale by now. They have "others" listed in all the episodes now. A few have Cesil Colby, but just the next few, along with Monica. They aren't listed anymore I think after the next few episodes.

There's a new character who shows up in the last 3 episodes. A guy named Chris.

I'm guessing Blake's father will die. It says that in episode 16 there will be a sudden Carrington death in the family of some sort. That's just my guess. Maybe Alexis shows up at his will reading at the end? Maybe he's left her something?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  19. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,312
    That would be interesting. If on this Dynasty Alexis inherits her fortune from Tom Carrington and not a Colby. I like that idea....

20. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +281
    Here we go ... Ms. Sheridan enters the scene ... :bubble::popcorn::dance:so far so good ...

alexis nic 01.jpeg
    alexis nic.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1