Everyday things you sometimes find difficult?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Long Lashes, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,801
    Original Member Since:
    June 10, 2000
    The reason some stores want your zip code has to do with collecting information on where their customers live--or more to the point, how far their customer may have traveled to shop with them. Store chains that are in expansion mode will collect such data and apply it when choosing where to build new stores. If, for example, the store has a large number of customers from thirty or more miles away, their executives can possibly justify opening a second location closer to where those zip codes 'pinged'. If you want to screw with them, just offer a gibberish zip code (like 54321 or 34567...or 90210!).

Everyday thing I find difficult: using the phone. I will jump through flaming hoops to avoid having to make phone calls. I don't know how these cell-phone zombies can walk around with a phone welded to their ear all day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Mrs Emelee Newman

Mrs Emelee Newman Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,645
    Keeping up with what date it is.
    Remembering to water my flowers.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,571
    Everyday things you sometimes find difficult?

My mother.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  4. J. R.'s Piece

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +698
    Original Member Since:
    Feb 2007
    I did this last Sunday. A lady introduced herself and her friend to me. Within a minute, I'd forgotten their names. What makes it extra awkward is that because I walk with nearly 50 different groups, everyone seems to know my name. I can talk to people over weeks and never know their names. I forget to ask. I even have meals with people whose names I forget to ask. I forget and garble names of people I've known for months. Then I get told that I have a good memory, because I seem remember just about everything else. Unless I've forgotten. And yet, when anyone has an extra-complicated or difficult to pronounce name, I nail it first time and every time and never ever forget.

I have difficulty getting through a 48-hour period without bumping into a door. Last head injury on a door was about 40 hours ago, while emptying the dishwasher.

I like to use a phone a lot. I like to do everything on it. Except make phone calls. If you see me talking on it, I'm usually up to something with the intelligent assistant.

• Funny Funny x 2

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 6)